Current Affairs 6th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
President launched startup platform ‘herSTART’ for women entrepreneurs
- President Droupadi Murmu has launched ‘herSTART, a startup platform for women entrepreneurs created by Gujarat University in Ahmedabad.
- The initiative will also link women entrepreneurs with various private and government platforms.
- The platform dedicated to women entrepreneurs, will not only boost innovation and startup efforts of women entrepreneurs but also prove to be an effective platform in connecting women entrepreneurs with various government and private enterprises.
- The President also inaugurated 5 high schools for tribals & 5 infrastructure projects of the education dept.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Faizabad Cantt to be renamed as Ayodhya Cantt
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved changing the name of Faizabad Cantonment in Uttar Pradesh to Ayodhya Cantonment.
- Earlier, the Faizabad district in UP was also renamed Ayodhya in November 2018.
- A cantonment is a military or police quarter.
- There are 62 “notified cantonments” in India, occupying an area of 157,000 acres.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Kiren Rijiju & Anurag Singh Thakur launched Fit India Freedom Run 3.0
- In honour of Gandhi Jayanti, Fit India Freedom Run 3.0 was launched at the Major Dhyanchand National Stadium in New Delhi.
- The third edition of Fit India Plog Run was jointly introduced by Union Ministers of Law and Justice Shri Kiren Rijiju and Shri Anurag Singh Thakur.
- October 2, marked the beginning of the third iteration of the Fit India Freedom Run, which will last until October 31.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Fit India movement in 2019, his vision was to make the entire nation fit.
India’s second Srijagannath Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya inaugurated by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated the country’s second Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya (RAVV) in Puri, Odisha.
- Objective – To spread knowledge of the Vedas among people & to promote the Sanskrit language as well.
- It has been considered as a hub of knowledge, culture, science and modernity since time immemorial.
- Maharishi Sandipani Rashtriya Ved Vidya Pratishthan is the first such school in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain.
India emerged as largest producer of sugar in world
- India has emerged as the world’s largest producer and second largest exporter of sugar.
- In Sugar Season 2021-22, a record of more than five thousand lakh metric tons of sugarcane was produced in the country.
- Out of this, 35 lakh metric ton sugar was diverted to ethanol production and 359 lakh metric ton of sugar was produced by sugar mills.
- The season has proven to be a watershed season for the Indian Sugar Sector. Records highest sugar exports of over 109 lakh metric tons have been registered.
Banking and Financial
PNB launched WhatsApp banking service for customers and non-customers
- State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) has introduced banking services through WhatsApp for both customers and non-customers.
- To activate banking facility on WhatsApp, customers need to save the official PNB’s WhatsApp number 919264092640 and initiate a conversation (on WhatsApp) by sending a hi/hello to this number.
- The customers must ensure to check ‘green tick’ along with PNB’s profile name on WhatsApp to ensure that this is a genuine WhatsApp banking account before initiating the conversation.
- At present, Punjab National Bank (PNB) would be offering non-financial services such as balance inquiry, last five transactions, stop cheque, and request cheque book to its account holders through the WhatsApp banking service.
About Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Founded – 12 April 1894
- Founder – Dyal Singh Majithia and Lala Lajpat Rai
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- MD & CEO – Atul Kumar Goel
- Tagline – The Name You can Bank Upon
- Punjab National Bank Merge – (Oriental Bank of Commerce & United Bank of India)
HDFC Life launched ‘Insure India’ campaign
- HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched the ‘Insure India’ campaign with an aim to educate Indians on the benefits of life insurance as a product category.
- The objective of this campaign is to educate Indians about life insurance thereby motivating them to secure their future with this unique financial product that offers the dual benefits of protection and long-term savings.
- As part of this campaign, the Company will host chat shows, hold on-ground activities & webinars, to engage with consumers both directly as well as indirectly through its wide network of distributors.
- HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (‘HDFC Life’ / ‘Company’) is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., India’s leading housing finance institution and abrdn (Mauritius Holdings) 2006 Limited, a global investment company.
- HDFC Life CEO – Vibha Padalkar
Carolyn Bertozzi, Morten Meldal & K Barry Sharpless won Nobel Prize 2022 in Chemistry
- Carolyn Bertozzi, Morten Meldal & K Barry Sharpless has won Nobel Prize 2022 in Chemistry for the development of click chemistry and bio orthogonal chemistry.
- Last year the chemistry Nobel Prize was awarded to scientists Benjamin List and David WC MacMillan for finding an ingenious and environmentally cleaner way to build molecules.
- Their work is used to explore cells & track biological processes and can be applied in cancer treatment drugs.
- The Chemistry Nobel is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences as per the will of Alfred Nobel. So far, the committee has chosen 113 laureates in the field, of which seven have been women. Meanwhile, 25 chemistry prizes have been shared by two laureates.
- The prizes carry a cash award of 10 million Swedish kronor (nearly USD 900,000) and will be handed out on December 10.
- Frederick Sanger is the only person to have won the Chemistry prize twice, in 1958 and in 1980.
- Sharpless also won a Nobel Prize in 2001 for his work on chirally catalyzed oxidation reactions.
Nobel Prize 2022
- Medicine Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Svante Pääbo (Sweden)
Experiment – for discovery around genomes of extinct hominins
- Physics Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Alain Aspect (France), John F. Clauser (USA), and Anton Zeilinger (Austria)
Experiment – for experiments with entangled photons establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science
USA defeated China to win FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup 2022
- The United States has defeated China by 83-61 to win the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Women’s Basketball World Cup at the Sydney Superdome, Australia.
- With this victory, the USA won their fourth outing on the trot, and the team has been declared the most dominant team ever.
- The Americans bagged their fourth title in a row and 11th in total and have also sealed a spot at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
- A’ja Wilson earned the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award in the tournament.
Rest of India defeated Saurashtra to win Irani Cup 2022
- Hanuma Vihari led Rest of India has defeated Saurashtra to win Irani Cup 2022 at the Saurashtra Cricket Stadium, Rajkot.
- It was the Rest of India’s 29th Irani Trophy title.
- Mukesh Kumar of Rest of India was the Player of the match for his 5 wickets haul in the match.
- Irani Cup is a test match format cricket tournament in India.
6 October – World Cerebral Palsy Day
- World Cerebral Palsy Day (WCPD) is observed every year on 6 October.
- Objective – To draw worldwide attention to cerebral palsy and find ways to help this condition.
- According to the International Classification of Diseases, Cerebral Palsy is “a group of disorders affecting the development of movement and posture, often accompanied by disturbances of sensation, perception, cognition, and behaviour.
- It was started by the Cerebral Palsy Alliance in 2012.
- Cerebral palsy refers to a group of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or early childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle coordination.
2 – 8 October – National Wildlife Week
- National Wildlife Week is being celebrated across the country from October 2 to October 8.
- In the year 2022, the 68th edition of the National Wildlife Week is being celebrated.
- The idea of a ‘National Wildlife Week’ was proposed by the Indian Board of Wildlife in 1952 while the first ‘Wildlife Week’ was commemorated in 1957.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here