Current Affairs 6th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Amit Shah launched mascot of 36th National Games in Ahmedabad
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has launched the mascot and the anthem for the 36th National Games in Ahmedabad.
- The mascot is named ‘Savaj’ which means cub in Gujarati.
- While the theme of the anthem of the national games is ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.’
- The National Games will be organized from September 29 to October 12 in six cities in the state namely Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, and Bhavnagar.
- The budget allocated for sports in the year 2014 was 866 crore which was increased to two thousand crores in this year.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Bhartaul becomes first village in Uttar Pradesh to have RO water in every household
- Under the Adarsh Gram Panchayat initiative, Bhartaul village in Bareilly district (Uttar Pradesh) has become the first village in the state to have RO water in every household.
- As many as four RO plants have been brought up in the village with an aim to make clean drinking water available to all. The authorities plan to set up more ROs in the near future.
- It will save people from water-borne diseases.
- The village head Pravesh Kumari is in charge and has been taking care of the RO plants in the village
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Mohla-Manpur-Ambagh Chowki becomes the 29th district of Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has inaugurated Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki as the 29th district of the state.
- It has been carved out of Rajnandgaon district, which had a large area and people used to take almost the entire day to reach the headquarters, having to travel as much as 170 kilometers at times.
- This has been reduced to 70 kilometers with the inauguration of the new district and also launched projects worth Rs 160 crore.
- He is scheduled to inaugurate Sarangarh-Bilaigarh and Khairagarh-Chhuikhadan-Gandai as the 30th and 31st districts of the state.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Newly District in 2021-22
- West Bengal to form 7 new districts, making a total of 30 districts (Earlier 27 District)
- Andhra Pradesh Proposed to Re-organize the current 13 districts to 26 new districts.
- Nagaland creates 3 new districts Niuland, Tseminyu, Chumukedima (Total 15 District)
- Meghalaya Cabinet approves creation of new district named Eastern West Khasi Hills District (total 12 District).
- Punjab CM Declares Malerkotla as 23rd District (carved out of the Sangrur district).
UGC launched new research grants and fellowship schemes
- The University Grants Commission will launch five fellowship and research grants, including those for single girl child and retired faculty members.
- The five schemes are-
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child,
- Radhakrishnan UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship,
- Fellowship for Superannuated Faculty Members,
- Research Grant for In-Service Faculty members,
- DS Kothari Research Grant for Newly Recruited Faculty Members
Hardeep Puri to lead delegation to attend Gastech Milan-2022
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri is leading a delegation to Milan, Italy to attend the Gastech Milan-2022.
- The Minister will chair the “India Spotlight: Powering India’s energy industry – new avenues for a sustainable future” panel discussion.
- He will also take part in a ministerial panel discussion titled “Energy Security and Transition”.
- India Energy Week, scheduled from 5th-8th February 2023 in Bengaluru, will be launched by the Minister during this visit.
- Capital – Rome
- Currency – Euro
- Prime Minister – Mario Draghi
- President – Sergio Mattarella
Government approved celebrating “Hyderabad Liberation Day” all year long
- The Indian government has given approval to the annual commemoration of “Hyderabad Liberation Day” from 17th September 2022 to 17th September 2023.
- The Ministry of Culture will host the opening ceremony for the year-long celebration of Hyderabad Liberation Day on September 17, 2022.
- Objective – To raise awareness of the story of resistance, valour, and sacrifice among the current generation, both in the region under consideration and across India.
- The event commemorates India’s annexation of Hyderabad in 1948, following India’s partition. India was divided into several princely states. When the British left India in 1947, they gave the princely states the option of joining India or Pakistan or remaining independent.
- Out of the 565 princely states that existed at the time, 562 decided to join India. However, neither did Hyderabad, Junagadh, nor Kashmir, three princely states, integrate into India or demonstrate any interest in doing so
Rajpath, Central Vista lawns in Delhi to be renamed as ‘Kartavya Path’
- The government has decided to rename the historic Rajpath and Central Vista lawns in the national capital Delhi as ‘Kartavya Path’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the revamped Central Vista on 8 September 2022.
- The decision to rename the lawns is an attempt to shed names and symbols that are remnants of the British era.
- Rajpath was known as ‘Kingsway’ during British Rule.
List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
- Gorewada International Zoo- Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
- Mohali International Hockey Stadium- Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- Hoshangabad City, MP- Narmadapuram
- Shivpuri, MP- “Kundeshwar Dham”
- Babai, MP- “Makhan Nagar”
- Prominent crossing in Ayodhya– Lata Mangeshkar crossing
Banking and Financial
HDFC Bank introduced new SMS banking facility for its customers
- The private sector lender HDFC Bank has introduced a new SMS banking facility for its customers.
- Customers can now access a wide range of banking services round-the-clock 24/7 x 365 no matter where they are.
- Customers no longer need to remember or type lengthy pre-defined keywords to conduct SMS banking thanks to this new SMS facility, which is integrated with Al technology.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline – We understand your world
India set to become 3rd largest economy in the world
- According to SBI’s Research Report, India would surpass Germany in 2027 and Japan by 2029 at the current rate of growth and become the world’s 3rd largest economy.
- Indian economy is currently the 5th largest economy in the world after overtaking the UK.
- The path taken by India since 2014 reveals India is likely to get the tag of 3rd largest economy in 2029, a movement of 7 places upwards since 2014 when India was ranked 10th.
- For Q1 FY 2022-23, India registered GDP growth at 13.5%. The report said, at this rate, India is likely to be the fastest growing economy in the current fiscal.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
PSU banks to open about 300 branches in unbanked areas by December 2022
- As part of the financial inclusion drive, public sector banks will open 300 branches in unbanked areas of various states by December 2022.
- These branches will cover all remaining unbanked villages with a population of more than 3,000.
- A maximum of 95 branches will be opened in Rajasthan, followed by 54 in Madhya Pradesh.
- The banks will also open 38 branches in Gujarat, 33 in Maharashtra, 32 in Jharkhand, and 31 in Uttar Pradesh.
- The progress with regard to the opening of branches in the rural areas was reviewed in the recent meeting of heads of public sector banks with the Financial Services Secretary last month.
- Banks have been asked to open branches at allocated locations by the respective State Level Bankers’ Committee (SLBC) by December 2022.
Appointment and Resignation
Kiccha Sudeep appointed as brand ambassador of Punyakoti Dattu Yojana
- The Karnataka government has appointed Kannada actor Kiccha Sudeep as the brand ambassador for “Punyakoti Dattu Yojana’ a cattle adoption scheme.
- The objective of Scheme – To Encourage adoption by the public for the purpose of rearing cattle in ‘goshalas’ (cow shelters).
- The actor has decided not to charge for being the ambassador of the scheme.
- Sudeep is known for his remarkable role in films such as ‘’Pailwan’, ‘’Eega (Makkhi)’, ‘’Vikrant Rona’, ‘‘Sparsha’, ‘’Huchcha’, and ‘’No 73 Shanthi Nivasa’.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Vaani Kapoor – Noise X-Fit 2 smartwatch
- Ravi Shastri – FanCode
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Garuda Aerospace
- Robin Uthappa – Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI)
- Shubman Gill & Ruturaj Gaikwad – My11Circle
- Rishabh Pant – Dish TV India
- Jhulan Goswami -All Women Match Official Team
- Rishabh Pant – Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador
- Jasprit Bumrah- Unix
- Ravindra Jadeja – Kinara Capital
- Smriti Mandhana – IIT Madras incubated startup, GUVI
- Saurav Ganguly – Century LED
- Rahul Dravid – PLAETO
Liz Truss elected as new PM of United Kingdom
- Liz Truss has defeated Rishi Sunak to be the new Prime Minister of Britain.
- With the win, she has become the third female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom after Theresa May and Margaret Thatcher.
- Liz defeated her rival & former Finance Minister Rishi Sunak by a margin of 20927 votes, after a six-week-long campaign.
- She beat her rival by 81,326 votes to 60,399.
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Liz Truss
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
Binesh Kumar Tyagi appointed as CMD of Shipping Corporation of India
- Binesh Kumar Tyagi has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Shipping Corporation of India (SCI).
- Tyagi was heading the Liner and Passenger Services Division as Director (L&PS) since January 7, 2021 in the company
- Tyagi joined SCI in 1990 as Trainee Nautical Officer (TNOC). He served onboard various ships, in different ranks, including as Master.
- Under the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, SCI is the largest shipping company in India.
About Shipping Corporation of India (SCI)
- Founded- 2 October 1961
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- CMD – Binesh Kumar Tyagi
- MD & CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank – Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam
- Interim Head of AICTE – Jagadesh Kumar
- CMD of NHPC – Yamuna Kumar Chaubey
- Interim Chairman of ONGC – Rajesh Kumar Srivastava
- Interim chairman at GAIL – M V lyer
Anishka Biyani won Gold medal in Malaysian chess meet
- Six-year-old Anishka Biyani has won the gold medal in the Malaysian Age Group Rapid Chess Championship at Kuala Lumpur.
- Anishka, a first-grade student of Dhirubhai Ambani School, achieved the feat in the Under-6 Open category with an impressive score of four points out of a possible six to clinch the title in the girl’s category.
- In July 2022, Anishka also qualified as one of the best under-7 players in the All India FIDE rating chess tournament held in Hyderabad.
Suresh Raina retirement from all formats of cricket including IPL
- Former Team India cricketer Suresh Raina has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket including IPL.
- Raina, who was an integral part of four-time IPL champions Chennai Super Kings, went unsold in the auction earlier in 2022.
- The left-handed batter was a permanent fixture in the Indian team for many years and was part of the 2011 World Cup winning side as well.
- In 226 ODI matches for the nation, the left-handed batter scored 5615 runs at an average of 35.31 with his highest score being 116 not out. When it comes to T20Is, Raina played 78 matches and scored 1065 runs.
- He was also the first Indian player to score a century in the shortest format of the game.
5 September – International Day of Charity
- The International Day of Charity is observed every year on September 5.
- International Day of Charity to mark the death anniversary of Mother Teresa.
- She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for her efforts in the fight against poverty and suffering.
- The UN General Assembly first marked this day in 2012.
- This day encourages all NGOs and volunteer groups to carry out charitable endeavours.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here