Daily GK Update 7th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 6 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
Kosovo’s parliament elects Vjosa Osmani as president
- Kosovo’s parliament elected Vjosa Osmani as the country’s new president on 5th April. Osmani received 71 votes from the lawmakers at the third round of voting in the Assembly of Kosovo. While 82 deputies participated in the vote in the 120-member parliament, 11 votes were declared invalid.
- The 38-year-old politician studied law at the University of Pristina in Kosovo and earned a doctorate from Pittsburgh University in the US.
Note: About Kosovo
- Capital: Pristina
- Currency: Euro
Vietnam National Assembly selects Prime Minister, President
- Vietnam’s legislature voted on 5th Arpil to make Pham Minh Chinh, a member of the Communist party with a history as a security official, the country’s next Prime Minister. Outgoing Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc was appointed the new President.
- The votes of the nearly 500 members of the National Assembly rubber stamped the leadership picks the Communist party made during its national congress in January.
Note: About Vietnam
- Capital: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
Banking & Financial
RBI Monetary Policy: 7th April 2021
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has kept the policy rate unchanged at 4 per cent and voted unanimously to maintain the status quo with an accommodative stance. The reverse repo rate remained unchanged at 3.5 per cent, and the marginal standing facility and bank rate kept unchanged at 4.25 per cent.
- RBI is to buy Rs 1 lakh crores of G-Sec under the G-Sec Acquisition Programme.
- The Apex Bank has increased the centre’s Ways and Means Advances by 46%. The current limit is Rs 32,225 crores. It has now been increased to Rs 47,010 crores.
- Maximum End of Pay balance for payment banks has been doubled to Rs 2 lakhs.
- Additional liquidity facility of Rs 50,000 crores announced for NABARD, SIDBI and NHB in 2021-22.
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate||4.25%|
|Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)||3.5%|
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)||18%|
RBI retains GDP growth forecast at 10.5% for FY22
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 7th April retained the economic growth projection for the current financial year at 10.5 per cent.
- while cautioning that the recent surge in Covid-19 infection has created uncertainty over the economic growth recovery.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.4%
- S&P Global Ratings-10%
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)-5%
- HSBC: 11.2%
Tarun Bajaj appointed new revenue secretary, Ajay Seth new Secretary for Department of Economic Affairs (DEA)
- The union government on 6th April approved the appointment of Tarun Bajaj as new revenue secretary under the Ministry of Finance. Bajaj was serving as secretary to the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) since April 30, 2020. Tarun Bajaj took additional charge of Secretary, Department of Revenue, after the superannuation of Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
- The appointment committee of the cabinet has also approved the appointment of Ajay Seth, a 1987 batch Karnataka-cadre IAS officer, as new secretary for DEA. Along with this, there were also other changes in top bureaucracy notified by the Ministry of Personnel.
Note: About Important Secretary
- New Cabinet Secretary-Rajeev Gauba
- New Defence Secretary-Ajay Kumar
- New home secretary-Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- New Information and Broadcasting Secretary-Amit Khare
- New foreign secretary-Harsh Vardhan Shringla
Chintan Vaishnav appointed as Mission Director of Atal Innovation Mission
- Noted socio-technologist, Dr Chintan Vaishnav has been appointed the mission director of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), the government’s flagship initiative under NITI Aayog.
- Vaishnav will take over from Ramanathan Ramanan later this month. Ramanan has been leading AIM as its first mission director since June 2017.
Book & Author
PM Modi to release Hindi version of ‘Odisha Itihaas’ by Dr Harekrushna Mahtab on April 9
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the Hindi translation of the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’, written by Utkal Keshari Harekrushna Mahtab, on 9th April at the Ambedkar International Center here.
- The event marking the release of the Hindi version has been organised by the Harekrushna Mahtab Foundation
7 April: World Health Day
- April 7 of each year marks the celebration of World Health Day. From its inception at the First Health Assembly in 1948 and since taking effect in 1950, the celebration has aimed to create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organization.
- Theme 2021: “Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone”.
Fatima Rafiq Zakaria – Journalist, Padma Shri – Passed away
- Fatima Rafiq Zakaria, a Padma Shri awardee, renowned journalist, academician and chairman of Maulana Azad Educational Trust and Khairul Islam Trust Mumbai, passed away at the Bajaj Hospital in Maharashtra’s Aurangabad . She was 85.
- Ms Zakaria, who had played an eminent role in the field of education, was also honoured with the Sarojini Naidu Integration Award for Journalism in 1983. She was awarded the Padma Shri in recognition of her work in education in 2006.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|