Current Affairs 7th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Government expanded Steering Committee for Advancing Local Value-Add and Exports with 3 New Members; headed by Pawan Goenka
- The government has expanded the Steering Committee for Advancing Local Value-Add and Exports (SCALE committee) by adding three new members from different industries.
- The SCALE Committee is formed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, working closely with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under Ministry’s guidance.
- Current Members: 14 (Headed by former Mahindra CEO Pawan Goenka)
3 New Members:
- Manish Sharma, Panasonic India Chairman and CEO
- Vikram S Kirloskar, Toyota Kirloskar Vice-Chairman
- Jalaj Dani, Asian Paints co-promoter and Chairman Addverb Technologies
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Committee to determine RoDTEP rates for exports from SEZs, EOUs: Gopal Krishna Pillai
- ‘Central Vista Oversight Committee’ to expedite pace of project: Ratan P Watal
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’s committee to review criteria for reservation for EWS: Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- NITI Aayog’s committee to formulate an action plan for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): Arjan Kumar Sikri
- RBI’s advisory committee to assist RCL’s administrator Nageswar Rao: Sanjeev Nautiyal, Srinivasan Varadarajan, Praveen P Kadle
EAM S Jaishankar addressed 5th Indian Ocean Conference in Abu Dhabi
- The union minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (EAM) visited Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) to attend the 5th Indian Ocean Conference on December 4-5, 2021.
- The theme of the conference was ‘Indian Ocean: Ecology, Economy, Epidemic’.
- The Conference is chaired by Sri Lankan President, Gotabaya Rajapaksa & Vice Chairs are S.Jaishankar, Vivian Balakrishnan, Sayyid Badr Bin Hamad Bin Hamoud Al Busaidi.
- The conference is being organised by India Foundation in collaboration with the RSIS Singapore, Institute of National Security Studies (INSS), Sri Lanka, and the Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), UAE.
Banking and Financial
PNB launched “PNB Pride-CRMD module” Android app for differently-abled employees
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched PNB Pride-CRMD module tool, an android-based application for differently-abled employees to monitor and effectively follow up with the special mention account (SMA) borrowers.
- The Pride-CRMD module has built-in TalkBack software that allows the visually impaired to access the system freely and to interact with customers by tapping on their phones.
- Aim: To promote the rights and welfare of persons with disabilities.
About Punjab National Bank (PNB):
- Founded: 1894
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
Paytm partnered with AWS to offer startup Toolkits for entrepreneurs
- Paytm, a leading digital ecosystem for consumers and merchants has partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer Paytm Startup Toolkit with exclusive payment services to early-stage Indian startups.
- Paytm will help entrepreneurs to grow businesses with payment, distribution, and growth solutions who are operating in India in the AWS Activate.
- Aim: To help startups enhance brand visibility and grow their customer base
- Founded: August 2010
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Appointment and Resignation
Rajnish Kumar appointed new strategic group advisor of OYO
- IPO-bound hospitality unicorn Oyo Hotels and Homes (OYO) has appointed Rajnish Kumar, former Chairman of State Bank of India (SBI) as Strategic Group Advisor.
- In his role, Kumar will advise Oyo’s management on short-term and long-term strategy, regulatory and stakeholder engagement, and enhancing the brand of the company globally.
- He is currently a part of the boards of HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T infotech, Hero Motocorp and BharatPe.
- Founded: 2013
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- CEO: Ritesh Agarwal
Jasprit Bumrah appointed as Brand Ambassador of Unix
- Unix, an Indian Mobile Accessories manufacturing brand, has signed Indian Cricket Fast Bowler Jasprit Bumrah as its Brand Ambassador to increase visibility of their products.
- UNIX is a popular Indian brand that offers the latest and widest range of mobile accessories for your smartphones.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Kids’ footwear brand Plaeto: Rahul Dravid
- TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav: MC Mary Kom
- Maharashtra COVID vaccination ambassador: Salman Khan
- Century LED’s Magik range: Sourav Ganguly
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
- 50th year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh: Sanjay Dutt
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
India-Maldives joint military Exercise EKUVERIN conducted in Maldives
- The 11th edition of Exercise EKUVERIN-21 between India and Maldives will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives.
- The exercise will enhance synergy and inter-operability between the Armed Forces of both the nations conducting Counter-Terrorism and Counter-Insurgency Operations.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Red Flag-India and US
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Desert Warrior- India and Egypt
Sandhayak, 1st of the 4 ships under Survey Vessel (Large) project for Indian Navy, launched at GRSE, Kolkata
- Sandhayak, the first of the four Survey Vessels (Large) Project being built for the Indian Navy (IN) was launched in Hooghly River of Kolkata, West Bengal (WB) in the presence of Minister of State (MoS) Ajay Bhatt, Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- These Vessels have been designed and developed by Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU), Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE).
- The contract for building four survey ships is priced at Rs 2435 Crores. It was signed between MoD and GRSE on Oct 30, 2018.
About Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Limited:
- Founded: 1884
- Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal
- Chairman & Managing Director: Rear Admiral Vipin Kumar Saxena (Retd)
Russia defeated Croatia to win Davis Cup tennis tournament 2021 in Madrid
- The Davis Cup 2021 was won by Russian Tennis Federation by a 2-0 lead over Croatia in the Davis Cup final in Madrid.
- Medvedev defeated Marin Cilic in the second singles match to give Russia an insurmountable 2-0 lead over Croatia and its first Davis Cup title since 2006.
- Andrey Rublev was named the Most Valuable Player.
Lewis Hamilton won inaugural edition of Saudi Arabian GP
- Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton (Britain) won the inaugural edition of Saudi Arabian Grand Prix (GP), held at the 30-kilometer (18.6-mile) coastal resort area in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Netherlands’ Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing-Honda) came second and Finland’s V. Bottas (Mercedes) came at the third spot.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) Emilia Romagna GP, Monaco GP, French GP, Styrian GP, Austrian GP, Dutch GP, Belgian GP, United States GP, Mexican GP
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes – UK), Bahrain GP, British GP, Portuguese GP, Spanish GP, Russian GP, Brazilian (Sao Paulo) GP, Qatar GP
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull – Mexico): Azerbaijan GP
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine-Renault – France): Hungarian GP
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren – Australia) : Italian GP
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes – Finland): Turkish GP
Argentina won 12th Men’s FIH Junior Hockey World Cup 2021 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Argentina junior men’s hockey team defeated Germany by 4-2 in the final of the 2021 Men’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup (WC) to clinch their second Junior Men’s Hockey WC title at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- This was held from November 24, 2021- December 5, 2021. This makes them only the third team after Germany (six titles) and India (2001, 2016) to win multiple Junior Hockey WC titles.
- The third place was clinched by France after defeating India by 3-1 in the Bronze medal match.
- Best Player of the Tournament: Timothée Clément (FRANCE)
- Best Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Anton Brinckman (GERMANY)
- Hero Top Scorer of the Tournament: Miles Bukkens (NETHERLANDS) (18 goals)
- Odisha Fair Play Award: Team Chile
- Odisha Fans Choice Award for Best Goal of the Tournament: Ignacio Nardolillo (ARGENTINA)
- Hockey India Maximum Team Goals: NETHERLANDS (45 goals)
- Hockey India Best Goal Saved of the Tournament: Mahmoud Seleem (EGYPT)
- AM/NS India Best Coach of the Tournament: Johannes Schmitz (GERMANY)
Book and Author
A book titled “Public Service Ethics – A Quest for Naitik Bharat” authored by Prabhat Kumar
- The book titled ‘Public Service Ethics’ has been authored by Prabhat Kumar, former Governor of Jharkhand.
- The book was released by VP M Venkaiah Naidu. The book is published by IC Centre for Governance. It deals with ethics in governance and public service and proposes a collective quest for ethical India.
- It doesn’t just talk about the problems and the crisis of ethics – it gives practical and positive solutions and tells you how to head in the right direction.
7 December: International Civil Aviation Day
- International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated every year on December 7 to recognize the importance of aviation to the social and economic development of the world.
- The Day was established in 1994 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed the day in
- Theme 2021-23: “Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development”
Veteran journalist Vinod Dua passed away
- Veteran journalist Vinod Dua passed away recently. In 1996, he became the first electronic media journalist to win the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award. He was also awarded the Padma Shri for Journalism in 2008 by the Government of India.
- He was one of the pioneers in Hindi broadcast journalism, worked with Doordarshan to present the youth programme Yuva Manch in the mid-’70s and later with several other television news channels.
- He was an integral part of NDTV’s journey as well. His much-loved food show ‘Zaika India Ka’ saw him crisscrossing the whole country just for the best taste.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs