Current Affairs 7th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Pune Metro Rail Project worth Rs 11,420 crores
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has inaugurated Pune Metro Rail Project on March 06, 2022, and also interacted with differently-abled, visually impaired students present inside the metro coach, during his 10-minute ride in the Pune Metro.
- Pune Metro Rail Project has been built at a total cost of INR 11,420 crores. It has a total length of 2 km and 30 stations.
- Pune Metro is the first metro project in the country to have Aluminum body coaches, indigenously manufactured under the Make in India policy of GoI. PM Modi also unveiled the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at the premises of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) and laid the foundation stone and inaugurated multiple developmental projects in Pune.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
India Global Forum (IGF) annual summit held in Bengaluru
- India Global Forum’s (IGF) annual summit is being organized in Bengaluru. The summit will bring together eminent faces of tech-driven disruption and those who have joined the unicorn club along with Union ministers, policymakers, and global business leaders.
- This comes as the first-of-its-kind confluence, particularly after the incentives announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the budget. The theme of the summit is ‘The New India Inc.’
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
United Arab Emirates placed on FATF’s grey list
- The global money laundering and terrorist financing watchdog, Financial Action Task Force (FATF), retained Pakistan in the grey list and asked the country to work on money laundering investigations and prosecutions.
- FATF also added the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to its grey watchlist.
- The decision has been taken after the conclusion of the four-day FATF Plenary from March 1-4, 2022. The event took place in hybrid mode from Paris, France.
Pakistan has been on the grey list of FATF since June 2018 for failing to check money laundering, and terror financing. It was given a plan of action to complete it by October 2019 but it fails to comply with the FATF mandates.
About Financial Action Task Force (FATF):
- Founded: 1989
- Members: 39
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- President: Marcus Pleyer (Germany)
Appointment and Resignation
Manindra Mohan Shrivastava appointed as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court
- Justice Manindra Mohan Shrivastava has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- He will succeed Akil Abdulhamid Kureshi. Prior to Rajasthan, he was heading the Tripura High Court.
- President appointed senior-most Judge of the Rajasthan High Court, to perform the duties of the office of the Chief Justice under Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
DN Patel appointed as Chairperson of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal
- The Central Government has appointed Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, as the Chairperson of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal(TDSAT).
- He was appointed as Chief Justice of Delhi High Court on June 7, 2019, and is now given the Chair of TDSAT, days before his retirement on March 12, 2022.
- Ministry of Law and Justice issued a notification regarding the approval of his appointment by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), stating that he will serve the Chair for a period of 4 years from the date of assumption of charge of the post, or till attaining the age of 70 years, or until further orders, whichever is the earliest.
- The conditions of his service will be governed by the provisions of the Tribunals Reforms Act, 2021 and the Tribunal (Conditions of Service) Rules, 2021.
About Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT):
- Establishment: 2000
- Headquarter: New Delhi, Delhi
Nitin Chugh appointed as Deputy MD of SBI
- State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed former Ujjivan Small Finance Bank CEO, Nitin Chugh as Deputy Managing Director (DMD) to drive digital banking operations.
- He has been appointed for an initial term of three years. Prior to this appointment, Chugh was CEO and managing director of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank. He joined there from HDFC Bank where he served as the Group Head of Digital Banking.
- According to public notice by SBI, the position would be responsible for envisioning, developing and executing of bank’s digital banking strategy and business plan for imparting digital knowledge/skills in a constructive, empowering and collaborative way.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
9th edition of India-Sri Lanka naval exercise SLINEX conducted in Visakhapatnam
- The 9th edition of Sri Lanka-India Naval Exercise SLINEX began in Visakhapatnam. The exercise will be conducted in two phases-the harbour phase at Visakhapatnam followed by the sea phase of the Bay of Bengal.
- SLINEX aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- Harbour Phase would include professional, cultural, sporting, and social exchanges.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- KAZIND: India and Kazakhstan
- Dharma Guardian: India and Japan
- Shinyu Maitri: India and Japan
- JIMEX: Indian and Japan
- Dustlik: India-Uzbekistan
Indian Navy successfully test-fired extended range BrahMos cruise missile from INS Chennai
- Indian Navy has successfully test-fired a long-range version of the BrahMos cruise missile from the stealth destroyer INS Chennai.
- Aim: to demonstrate the accuracy of an extended-range land-attack Brahmos supersonic cruise missile.
- The missile hit its intended target with pinpoint accuracy with long-range precision strike capability.
JSW Energy signed a power purchase agreement with Haryana Power Purchase Centre
- JSW Energy’s Kutehr project has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) with Haryana Power Purchase Centre (HPPC) for the supply of 240 MW hydropower.
- The PPA is valid for a period of 35 years which can be further extended at mutually agreed terms. The PPA was signed at a levelised ceiling tariff of ₹4.50/kWh (at ex bus-bar).
- The PPA capacity was selected through competitive bidding under expression of interest invited by the HPPC in July 2018.
About JSW Energy:
- Founded: 10 March 1994
- Founder: Sajjan Jindal
- Headquarters: Maharashtra
- CEO: Prashant Jain
Book and Author
Amitava Kumar authored a book titled ‘The Blue Book: A Writer’s Journal’
- Indian writer and journalist, Amitava Kumar authored a new book titled ‘The Blue Book: A Writer’s Journal’.
- The Blue Book is the outcome of the diary-keeping by the author during the time of lockdown due to pandemics. The author has used watercolor drawings as well as words to depict the experience, both individual and collective, of the pandemic.
- The Blue Book is a rare species of magical realism where words become paintings, and paintings turn into beguiling (charming) literary anthropology of ‘reality and surreality’ that leaves us stunned.
The Queen Of Indian Pop: The Authorised Biography Of Usha Uthup released
- The biography of pop icon Usha Uthup titled “The Queen of Indian Pop: The Authorised Biography of Usha Uthup” was released. The book was originally written in Hindi titled “Ullas Ki Naav” by author Vikas Kumar Jha.
- “The Queen of Indian Pop: The Authorised Biography of Usha Uthup” is the English translation of the book, translated by the writer’s daughter Srishti Jha. The book is published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- The 74-year-old pop icon, who completed 50 years as a professional singer in 2020, is widely known for evergreen hits such as “Hari Om Hari”, “Rambha Ho” and “Jeete Hain Shaan Se”. She has sung in several Indian and foreign languages including Bengali, Hindi, English, German, Italian and Sinhalese.
6 March 2022: CISF 53rd Raising Day
- The 53rd Raising Day ceremony of Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) was organised on March 06, 2022, in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has attended and addressed the Raising Day ceremony of CISF at Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram. The CISF, which functions under the Union Home Ministry, is a central armed police force and among one of the six paramilitary forces of India.
- CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969, to provide security cover to industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India.
- Eventually, it was made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983.
About Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF):
- Founded: 10 March 1969
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Director General: Sheel Vardhan Singh
7 March: Janaushadhi Diwas
- The Janaushadhi Diwas is celebrated on 7 March 2022 by the Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI).
- The day is observed to spread awareness about the usages of generic medicines and the benefits of Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.
- The government has set a target to increase the number of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) to 10,500 by March 2025. Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation the 7500th Janaushadhi Kendra at NEIGRIHMS, Shillong during the event.
- Janaushadhi Kendras is the world’s biggest retail pharma chain having around 6,200 outlets in 700 districts of the country. It also provides a good source of self-employment with sustainable and regular earnings. The first Jan Aushadhi Diwas was celebrated on 7th of March 2019.
- Theme 2022: “Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi”.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs