Current Affairs 8th August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Andhra Pradesh govt signed an MoU with NISG for integrated land management system
- Andhra Pradesh government has signed an MoU with National Institute for Smart Government (NISG)
- Under the agreement, NISG will assist the Andhra Pradesh government in the preparation and development of an integrated land management system with advanced technology in fixing the boundaries.
- The agreement was signed as part of the implementation of the YSR Jagananna Saswatha Raksha scheme.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Amaravati
- Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
- National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) partnered with Hindustan Unilever Limited to develop entrepreneurial skills
- IOC signed an MoU with National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) for Cheetah relocation from Africa to India
- SVC Bank signed an agreement with SIDBI for empowering MSMEs
- Airbus signed an agreement with GMR Group for aircraft maintenance engineering
- Blockchain network 5ire signed an MoU with Goa Police to implement a smart policing solution
Goa CM announced to implement 100% NEP in higher education from next academic year
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant announced that the state government will implement 100% of the syllabus in higher education institutes along the lines of the National Education Policy.
- The implementation of NEP from college to university level has already started. From the next academic year, a hundred percent of the syllabus in the higher education institutes would be on lines with the NEP.
- He confirmed that Goa has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with around 35 industry associations in the state who will work upon the skill development.
- Capital – Panaji
- Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant
- Governor – S. Sreedharan Pillai
Indian Army signed an MoU with DFI to accelerate drone technology for frontline soldiers
- The Indian Army has signed an MoU with the Drone Federation of India (DFI) for accelerating technology development and indigenization in the drone ecosystem to collaborate on roadmap planning, research, testing, manufacturing, and adoption of drone, counter.
- Drones play a crucial role on the frontline, especially in high-altitude areas, as troops increasingly face threats from unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) dropping payloads or supplying arms and ammunition from across the borders to anti-national elements.
- The need of the hour for the Indian defence machinery is to customize such UAVs to adapt to the high-altitude requirement of our forces.
- This collaboration will help accelerate this process. We are also planning a visit of industry insiders at the forward areas to expose them to actual operating scenarios of soldiers.
- Bharat Forge arm signed an agreement with Talgo for manufacturing trains
- ONGC signed an MoU with Greenko to produce green hydrogen
- ONGC signed gas sale agreements with GAIL & AGCL
- India signed an MoU with UK for Mutual Recognition of Educational Qualification
- NHPC signed an MoU with DVC for setting up hydropower projects and pump storage projects
Banking and Financial
RBI imposed monetary penalty of Rs 32 lakhs on Indian Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a fine of Rs 32 lakh on Indian Bank for breach of directions on classification & reporting of frauds.
- Additionally, The RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 82 lakh on Bengaluru-based Jupiter Capital Private Ltd, for breach of norms on submission of credit information.
About Indian Bank
- Founded – 1907
- Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO – Shanti Lal Jain
Recently Penalties Imposed By RBI
- Kotak Mahindra Bank – 1.05 Crore
- IndusInd Bank – 1 Crore
- Bank of India – 70 Lakhs
- Federal Bank – 5.72 Crore
- Ola Financial Service – 1.67 Crore
- The National Central Cooperative Bank – 2 Lakhs
- Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank – 37.50 Lakhs
- Nashik Merchant’s Cooperative Bank – 50 Lakhs
- Indian Bank – 32 Lakhs
- Jupiter Capital Private Ltd – 82 Lakhs
Appointment and Resignation
Kalaiselvi appointed as first woman director general of CSIR
- Senior electrochemical scientist Nallathamby Kalaiselvi has become the first woman director general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- She succeeded Shekhar Mande, who superannuated in April 2022.
- She is the first woman scientist to hold this position. Currently, she is working as the head of the CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CSIR-CECRI).
- She is known for her work in the field of lithium-ion batteries.
About Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Established – 26 September 1942
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Director General – Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
- MD& CEO of Unity SF Bank – Inderjit Camotra
- CFO of BharatPe – Nalin Negi
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Suresh N Patel
- Chairman of Vodafone Idea – Ravinder Takkar
- Additional charge of DG of ITBP – Sujoy Lal Thaosen
Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand appointed as Deputy President of FIDE
- The legendary Indian chess player and five-time world champion, Viswanathan Anand has been appointed as the deputy president of International Chess Federation (FIDE).
- While the incumbent president Arkady Dvorkovich (Russian) has been re-elected for a second term.
- Anand was nominated by incumbent president Arkady Vladimirovich Dvorkovich as part of his team.
- The elections to the world chess body were held during the FIDE Congress which is being conducted here alongside the 44th Chess Olympiad.
About World Chess Federation
- Founded – 1924
- Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
- President – Arkady Dvorkovich.
- Chief Economist of World Bank – Indermit Gill
- CEO of Paytm Payment Service – Nakul Jain
- Additional Director of LIC HFL Board – Ravi Kishan Takkar
- MD & CEO of NSE – Ashishkumar Chauhan
- New CEO of Vodafone Idea – Akshaya Moondra
CWG 2022: Eldhose Paul won gold medal in the triple jump & Abdulla Aboobacker clinched silver
- Eldhose Paul and Abdulla Aboobacker won gold and silver medals, respectively, to secure a double podium finish for India in the men’s triple jump competition at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
- Paul produced his best effort of 17.03m in his third attempt while Aboobacker was not behind much as he finished at 17.02m, which he managed in his fifth attempt. Jah-Nhal Perinchief of Bermuda won the bronze with his best jump of 16.92m.
- India has won four triple jump medals in the past editions but this is the first time two athletes from the country have got podium finishes.
- Mohinder Singh Gill had won a bronze and a silver in 1970 and 1974 editions while Renjith Maheswary and Arpinder Singh had finished third in 2010 and 2014 editions.
CWG 2022: Annu Rani won a historic bronze medal in women’s Javelin throw
- India’s Annu Rani has clinched 3rd place in the women’s javelin throw finals to become the first Indian woman to win the Javelin medal at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
- Rani’s fourth attempt throw of 60m was enough for the Indian to secure third place in the final where Australia’s Kelsey-Lee Barber finished with the elusive gold while her compatriot Mackenzie Litte finished second.
- This is Rani’s first notable medal haul since clinching the bronze at the 2014 Asian Games with a throw of 59.53m.
CWG 2022: Sandeep Kumar won bronze medal in men’s 10000m race walk
- India’s Sandeep Kumar has won the bronze medal in the men’s 10,000-meter race walk.
- Sandeep clocked 38:49:21m which is also his personal best to secure a podium finish in Birmingham.
- Canada’s Evan Dunfee clinched a gold medal with a Games record (38:36:37), while Australia’s Declan Tingay got a silver.
- Amit, another Indian participating in the race, finished at the 9th spot with his season-best timings of 43:04:97.
CWG 2022: Nikhat Zareen won gold medal in Women’s Light Flyweight Boxing
- Indian star boxer and world champion Nikhat Zareen has captured the country’s third consecutive boxing gold medal of the day by defeating Carly MC Naul of Northern Ireland in the final of women’s 50kg (Light Flyweight) at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
- Zareen lived up to her ‘world champion’ status as she dominated Carly across all three rounds. She won by 5-0 on basis of points scored.
- She is from Telangana.
CWG 2022: India won silver medal after losing to Australia in cricket
- The Indian women’s cricket team has created history and secured the country’s first-ever medal in cricket in history of the Commonwealth Games (CWG).
- The Women in Blue have reached the gold medal match after beating hosts England in a nail-biting clash at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
- Batting first, Australia scored 161/8 in the final played at Edgbaston ground. In reply, the Indian team could only score 152 runs in 19.3 overs. India lost the gold medal match by just 9 runs.
CWG 2022: Sharath Kamal and Sreeja Akula clinched gold medal in mixed doubles Table Tennis
- India’s table tennis stars Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sreeja Akula has won gold medal in the mixed doubles in table tennis at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022.
- They defeated the Malaysian pair of Javen Choong and Karen Lyne 3-1 in the final.
- Earlier, the Indian table tennis legend Sharath Kamal defied age and produced a class act to reach the men’s singles final.
- The 40-year-old paddler, who won a bronze medal in the last edition in Gold Coast, defeated home country’s Paul Drinkhall 11-8, 11-8, 8-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-8 to reach his second CWG final.
CWG 2022: Kidambi Srikanth clinched a bronze medal in the men’s singles event in badminton
- India’s star shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has clinched a bronze medal in the men’s singles event in badminton at the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Srikanth defeated Singapore’s Jia Heng Teh 21-15, 21-18 in straight games to secure a podium finish.
- This is Srikanth’s second singles medal at the Games (silver in 2018 Gold Coast), and fourth overall.
- Additionally, this is the Indian’s second medal at the CW Games; he had won a silver medal in the mixed team event as well.
V Pranav becomes India’s 75th Chess Grandmaster
- Chess prodigy V Pranav has become India’s 75th Grandmaster by winning a tournament in
- The Chennai-based Pranav won the Limpedea Open in Baia Mare, Romania to secure his third and final GM norm and attain the Grandmaster title.
- He had won his maiden GM norm at the Serbia Open in 2021 and the second in the Vezerkepzo GM round-robin tourney in Budapest, Hungary in June 2022.
- He is the 27th Grandmaster from Tamil Nadu (list includes Viswanathan Anand, D.Gukesh, and R.Praggnanandhaa among others).
Recent Indian Chess Grandmasters
- 68th- Arjun Kalyan (Tamil Nadu)
- 69th- Harshit Raja (Maharashtra)
- 70th- Raja Rithvik (Telangana)
- 71st- Sankalp Gupta (Maharashtra)
- 72nd- Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 73rd- Bharath Subramaniyam (Tamil Nadu)
- 74th – Rahul Srivatshav P (Telangana)
- 75th – V Pranav (Tamil Nadu)
CWG 2022: PV Sindhu won the gold medal in women’s single badminton
- India’s shuttler P V Sindhu has clinched a gold medal in the final of women’s single at the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- The double Olympic medalist beat Michelle Li of Canada to win the Gold.
- A former world champion, Sindhu, who has a silver and a bronze from the 2018 and 2014 editions, was clearly the better player on display as she kept a firm grip on the match.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs