Current Affairs 8th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Western Railways opened its longest skywalk connecting Mumbai’s Bandra Terminus to Khar station
- The Western Railway’s (WR) longest skywalk from the Khar Road railway station to the nearby Bandra Terminus has been opened for the passengers to reach the platforms to board trains easily.
- The skywalk spans 314 meters long and is 4.4 meters wide.
- The platform connecting the two stations is also connected to the other platforms of Bandra Terminus Station. Western Railway’s noted that the skywalk will allow passengers to reach Bandra (T) directly by deboarding at Khar station & taking south Foot Over Bridge.
Ministry of environment organised ‘Haryali Mahotsav
- Environment, Forest and Climate Change Ministry has organized Hariyali Mahotsav in New Delhi as a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Objective- To create awareness about the importance of trees for sustainable development.
- This is being organised by Ministry of Environment in association with the state government, Police Institutions and Schools of Delhi for undertaking plantation drive.
- Plantation drives are being organized with the active participation of 75 Nagar Vans, 75 police stations and 75 schools in Delhi & NCR and 75 degraded plantation sites in different states as part of this
Union Minister Jitendra Singh announced setting up of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Award in public administration
- Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has announced setting up of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Award in public administration in the field of academic excellence in memory of the first President of India.
- Dr. Singh chaired meeting of Executive Council of Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) in New Delhi.
- The IIPA’s Executive Council has the Hon’ble Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu as its President and Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh, as chairman.
Rajasthan government will introduce India’s first right-to-health bill
- The Rajasthan government is soon likely to introduce in the Assembly the Right to Health Bill (the first of its kind in India) which aims to commit to quality and affordable health care services through government and private health care providers.
- In January, the government had prepared a draft bill that defines the rights of patients, their attendants and health care providers, as well as a system for addressing grievances of the stakeholders.
- The right to health bill is part of the Rajasthan government’s bid to expand and strengthen medical services in the state.
- Rajasthan government has also ensured health security of every family by providing free treatment up to Rs 10 lakh to the people through Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana. Along with this, an accident insurance of up to Rs 5 lakh is being given to the families registered in the scheme.
Note: About Rajasthan
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
1st Edition of State Ranking Index For NFSA 2022- Odisha topped
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Piyush Goyal released the 1st edition of ‘State Ranking Index for NFSA’ during the conference of Food Ministers of States/UTs on ‘Food Nutrition and Security in India’ organized by Department of Food and Public Distribution.
- The National Food Security Act (NFSA) was enacted on July 5, 2013 and in order to celebrate the day.
- The Index for ranking the states and UTs is built on three key pillars which covers the end-to-end implementation of NFSA through TPDS. These pillars are: i) NFSA— Coverage, targeting and provisions of the Act, ii) Delivery platform, and iii) Nutrition initiatives.
- Odisha has been adjudged the top ranked State followed by Uttar Pradesh at the 2nd spot and Andhra Pradesh at third amongst the General Category States in State Ranking Index for NFSA 2022.
- Among the Special Category States/UTs, Tripura stood first followed by Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim respectively.
General Category (State & UTs)
Rank 1 Odisha
Rank 2 Uttar Pradesh
Rank 3 Andhra Pradesh
Rank 4 Gujarat
Rank 5 Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman Diu
Rank 18 Delhi
Rank 19 Chattisgarh
Rank 20 Goa
Special Category (State & UTs) North Eastern States, Himalayan States and the island region
Rank 1 Tripura
Rank 2 Himachal Pradesh
Rank 3 Sikkim
Rank 4 Nagaland
Rank 5 Uttrakhand
Rank 12 Manipur
Rank 13 Meghalaya
Rank 14 Ladakh
Comprehensive Country Category (State & UTs)
Rank 1 Odisha
Rank 2 Uttar Pradesh
Rank 3 Andhra Pradesh
Rank 4 Gujarat
Rank 5 Tripura
Rank 32 Manipur
Rank 33 Meghalaya
Rank 34 Ladakh
UTs Operating in DBT (Cash Transfer) Mode
Rank 1 Dadar & Nagar Haveli and Daman Diu
Rank 2 Puducherry
Rank 3 Chandigarh
PM Modi inaugurated the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Agradoot group of newspaper
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Assam’s Agradoot group of newspapers via video conferencing.
- Assam Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, who is the Chief Patron of Agradoot’s Golden Jubilee Celebration Committee, has also be presented on the occasion.
- Agradoot’ was started as an Assamese bi-weekly. It was established by Kanak Sen Deka, a senior journalist of Assam. In 1995, a daily newspaper Dainik Agradoot was started and it has developed as a trusted and influential voice in Assam.
Union Minister Parshottam Rupala inaugurtaed India’s first ever Animal Health Summit
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala has inaugurated First India Animal Health Summit 2022 held at NASC Complex, New Delhi.
- India Animal Health Summit 2022’ organized by Indian Chamber of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) and the Agriculture Today Group.
Delhi to host India’s biggest shopping festival in 2023
- Delhi will host a month long shopping festival between January 28 to February 26, 2023, Delhi’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced.
- People from across the country and the world will be invited to the shopping festival. The extravaganza is expected to give a thrust to the economy of the city and provide a huge opportunity for the businessmen to increase their business.
Note: About Delhi
- Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lieutenant Governor: Vinai Kumar Saxena
Banking & Financial
SBI General Insurance launched Cyber Insurance Cover for Individuals : Cyber VaultEdge
- SBI General Life Insurance has launched a comprehensive cyber insurance policy for individuals that provides protection against financial losses caused by cyber risks and cyberattacks.
- Named Cyber VaultEdge Insurance Plan, it comes with a host of features that provides protection against unauthorised electronic transactions, wage losses brought on by identity theft, and incidents affecting one’s online reputation, including trolling, bullying, and stalking on social media, among others.
- According to CERT, cyber security breaches increased from 2.08 lakh in 2018 to 14.02 lakh in 2021. In contrast, data from private and public banks estimates that losses from cybercrime, ATM/debit card, credit card, and online banking fraud totalled Rs. 63.4 crore in 2020–21.
South Indian Bank signed an agreement with Kerala Forest Department for digital payment
- The South Indian Bank has signed an agreement with Kerala’s Forest and Wildlife Department to enable digital collection of payments at eco-tourism centres, Vanasree shops, mobile Vanasree units and eco-shops across the State.
- Under this agreement, the digital collection system of South Indian Bank will now be available at all 124 tourist spots that fall under the Forest Department.
- The tie-up will commence with the setting up of 124 POS machines at various eco-tourism centres, Vanasree shops, mobile Vanasree units and eco-shops under 36 forest department agencies across Kerala.
RBI selected Hansa Research Group to conduct field work for inflation expectation survey
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to engage Mumbai-based Hansa Research Group to conduct field work for the July 2022 round of consumer confidence and inflation expectation surveys.
- RBI has been regularly conducting the Inflation Expectations Survey of Households (IESH). The survey aims at capturing subjective assessments of households on price movements and inflation, based on their individual consumption baskets, across 19 cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The survey seeks qualitative responses from households on price changes (general prices as well as prices of specific product groups) in the three months ahead as well as in the one year ahead period and quantitative responses on current, three months ahead and one year ahead inflation rates. The results of this survey provide useful inputs for monetary policy.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
- Executive director (ED): Ajay Kumar chaudhary and Deepak Kumar
Appointment & Resign
Boris Johnson resignation as UK Prime Minister
- Boris Johnson has announced he would quit as British Prime Minister after he was abandoned by ministers and most of his Conservative lamakers.
- Bowing to the inevitable as more than 50 ministers quit and lawmakers said he must go, an isolated and powers Johnson spoke outside his Downing Street to confirm he would resign.
Note: About UK
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound
Former Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe passed away
- Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe dies after he was shot while campaigning in Nara, western Japan
- Shinzo Abe was conferred the Padma Vibhushan — India’s second-highest civilian award, in 2021.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs