Daily GK Update 8 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Assam gets its sixth national park
- Raimona in Assam’s Kokrajhar district was declared as the state’s sixth national park. Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma made an announcement in this regard on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- The state’s Environment and Forest Department has issued a notification declaring Raimona as a national park. The chief minister said a process was on to also convert the Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary into a national park.
There are 5 National Parks in Assam namely
- Kaziranga National Park
- Dibru – Saikhowa National Park
- Rajiv Gandhi Orang National Park
- Manas National Park
- Nameri National Park
International (Current Affairs)
G7 deal on Minimum Global Corporate Tax
- Group of seven (G7) advanced economies signed a landmark deal on taxing multinational companies. As per the deal, minimum global tax rate would be at least 15 percent.
- Agreement was signed by finance ministers of United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Canada, France, Italy and Japan. It opens way for levies on multinational companies in countries where they operate rather than just where they are headquartered.
- Old system of global taxation was being criticized over the years as it allowed big companies to save billions of dollars in tax bills by shifting their jurisdictions. Major digital companies were making money in multiple countries and paying taxes only in home country. Thus, this proposal was made which would impose an additional tax on several multinational companies and technology giants like Facebook, Amazon and Google to pay taxes to countries based on where their goods or services are sold irrespective of their physical presence there. The deal seeks to modernize century-old international tax code.
India elected to UN Economic and Social Council
- India was elected to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for 2022-2024 term.
- India has been selected in Asia-Pacific States category. Other elected countries include Oman, Afghanistan and Kazakhstan.
- Elected African countries are- Cote d’Ivoire, Eswatini, Mauritius, Tunisia, and United Republic of Tanzania.
- Among eastern European states Croatia and Czech Republic were elected. Belize, Peru and Chile are among elected Latin American and Caribbean states.
- In by-election of Economic and Social Council, New Zealand & Denmark were elected for January to December 2022 term while Israel was elected for January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023.
Banking & Financial
Crisil cuts FY22 growth projection to 9.5% from 11%
- Domestic credit ratings agency Crisil on 7th June cut its FY22 growth estimate for India to 9.5 per cent from the earlier 11 per cent due to the hit to private consumption and investments following the second wave of COVID-19.
- The economy had contracted by 7.3 per cent in FY21.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –10.8%
Reserve Bank imposes penalty on Bank of India, PNB totalling Rs 6 crore
- The RBI on 7th June imposed penalty aggregating to Rs 6 crore on Bank of India and Punjab National Bank for contravention of norms, including one related to “Frauds Classification and Reporting”.
- A penalty of Rs 4 crore has been imposed on Bank of India and Rs 2 crore on Punjab National Bank.
Maldives’ Foreign Minister elected as UNGA President
- Foreign Minister of Maldives, Abdulla Shahid, was elected as new President of UN General Assembly (UNGA).
- Abdulla Shahid won against Afghanistan’s former foreign minister Zalmai Rassoul with three-fourth majority. He fetched 143 votes while Rassoul got 48 votes out of 191 votes polled. Maldives will occupy office of President of UNGA for the first time.
- Election to UNGA presidential post is held annually. It is rotated amongst various regional groupings. 76th UNGA session for 2021-22 was the turn of Asia-Pacific group.
Note: About UNGA
- Headquarters: New York, US
- Parent organization: United Nations
- Formation: 1945
Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar assumes Charge as Director General Naval Operations
- Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar, AVSM, VSM has assumed charge as Director General Naval Operations.
- The Flag Officer is a specialist in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and has served on frontline warships of the Navy as ASW Officer and later as the Executive Officer and Principal Warfare Officer of Guided Destroyer INS Mysore
- He has commanded the missile corvette INS Kora, the missile frigate INS Shivalik and the aircraft carrier INS Viraat.
Hitendra Dave appointed as HSBC India CEO
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC) announced the appointment of Hitendra Dave as Chief Executive Officer of HSBC India subject to receipt of regulatory approval.
- He has been appointed as interim Chief Executive Officer effective June 7, 2021. Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who will be moving to Hong Kong as the co-chief executive of HSBC Asia-Pacific.
Note: About HSBC
- CEO: Noel Quinn.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- Founder: Thomas Sutherland.
- Founded: 3 March 1865, Hong Kong.
Arunachal Pradesh’s Water Burial bags best film National Award
- Arunachal Pradesh’s Water Burial has bagged the best film National Award on environment conservation at 67th National Films Awards 2021.
- The film, which is directed by independent filmmaker Shantanu Sen.Water Burial is produced by AM Television. Water Burial is in Monpa dialect and has an intriguing storyline around a dark ritual of a local tribe in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Inspired by the popular Assamese novel Saba Kota Manuh, which is written by Yeshe Dorjee Thongchi.
Senior BJP leader, six-time MLA C.M Udasi passes away in Bengaluru
- Former Karnataka Minister and senior BJP leader CM Udasi passed away on Tuesday at a private hospital in Bengaluru. He was 85. Udasi was MLA from Hanegal.
- He was elected to the Karnataka Assembly as MLA for the first time in 1983 from Hanegal. He was elected six times from the constituency as MLA.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|