Current Affairs 8th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Haryana govt announced Matrushakti Udaymita Scheme to support women entrepreneurs
- Haryana government has announced Matrushakti Udaymita Scheme to provide support to women entrepreneurs, on International Women’s Day.
- Under the scheme, the women whose family annual income is less than 5 lakh rupees based on Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) verified data, will be provided access to soft loans by financial institutions to the extent of 3 lakh rupees.
- Subsequently, the interest subvention of 7% will also be provided for three years through the Haryana Women Development Corporation.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
Sikkim Government will launch Aama Yojna & Bahini Scheme
- Chief Minister of Sikkim, Prem Singh Tamang has announced that the State Government will soon implement ‘Aama Yojana, a scheme for helping non-working mothers & ‘Bahini Scheme’ benefitting girl students of the state.
- Aama Yojna scheme aims to inculcate the habit of saving among non-working mothers in the state and hence the Government will provide them Rs. 20,000 each in their bank accounts annually.
- The scheme covers only those whose names are enrolled in the electoral roll of the state and a sum of Rs. 100 crores have been allocated for it in the budget.
- The aim of the Bahini Scheme is to reduce the dropout rate of girl students due to lack of accessibility/availability of Sanitary Napkins & also to ensure menstrual health and hygiene.
- Under this scheme, over 18,000 girl students who study in class 9 and above are provided with free sanitary napkins in the state.
- Capital: Gangtok
- Governor: Ganga Prasad
- Chief minister: Prem Singh Tamang
India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG successfully completed sea level trials at Puducherry
- India’s first indigenously developed Flying Trainer ‘HANSA-NG’ has successfully completed sea-level trials at Puducherry from 19th February to 5th March.
- It has been designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The objectives of sea level trials are to evaluate handling qualities, climb / cruise performance, balked landing, structural performance including positive & negative G, power plant and other systems performance.
- HANSA-NG was flown from Bengaluru to Puducherry, covering a distance of 140 nautical miles in 1.5 hours at a cruising speed of 155 km/hr. HANSA-NG was piloted by Wing Commander (Wg. Cdr.) K V Prakash and Wg. Cdr. Dilip Reddy of Aircraft & Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE) and the flight was monitored by NAL designers and Wg. Cdr. Reeju Chakraborty as Flight Test Director from telemetry.
Google Cloud and Flipkart entered into a multi-year strategic partnership
- Google Cloud and Flipkart have entered into a multi-year strategic partnership to help fast-track Flipkart’s innovation and cloud strategy.
- This partnership will propel Flipkart into its next phase of growth and advance its vision of onboarding India’s next 200 million shoppers and lakhs of sellers, the company claims.
- Through this, Flipkart aims to deliver robust app access and performance even during peak purchase seasons with heightened traffic.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
HDFC Mutual Fund launched women-led financial empowerment initiative ‘LaxmiForLaxmi’
- HDFC Mutual Fund has launched a women-led financial empowerment initiative ‘LaxmiForLaxmi’ which will connect women investors to a woman financial expert near them through a unique missed call service.
- The female financial expert will guide and address the queries of the woman investor. Through this initiative, HDFC Mutual Fund aims to support women investors in their journey to become financially independent while making mutual fund investments accessible to them.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
Labour Ministry has launched Donate-a-Pension programme
- Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav launched the ‘Donate-a-Pension’ program in New Delhi.
- It is an initiative under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) pension scheme. Under the programme, workers in the unorganized sector with the age group of 18 to 40 years can register themselves and deposit a minimum of 660 to 2400 rupees every year depending on their age.
- After they attain 60 years, they will receive the minimum assured pension of three thousand rupees per month.
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme launched in 2019, to ensure protection for unorganized workers, whose monthly income is below Rs. 15,000, age group of 18 – 40 years.
- They should not be engaged in the Organized Sector (member of EPFO/NPS/ESIC) or an income taxpayer. Each subscriber under PM-SYM shall receive, a Minimum Assured Pension of 3,000 per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- If a subscriber dies during the receipt of the pension, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as Family Pension.
Germany will host virtual meeting of G7 agriculture ministers
- Germany government has announced that it will host a virtual meeting of agriculture ministers from the G7 countries to discuss the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on world food security.
- The German Minister of Agriculture and Food, Cem Özdemir, said that the meeting would also focus on how to stabilize food markets. Germany holds the rotating presidency of the Group of Seven most-advanced economies this year.
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Banking and Financial
RBI released “BE(A)WARE” booklet on modus operandi of financial frauds
- Reserve Bank of India has launched a booklet named “BE(A)WARE” to enhance public awareness about financial frauds perpetrated on gullible customers.
- The booklet gives information on the common modus operandi used by fraudsters and precautions.
- The booklet elaborates on safeguards against commonly used fraudulent techniques, such as SIM swaps, vishing/phishing links, lottery, etc., including fake loan websites and digital apps.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Indian Overseas Bank extended Rs 1,000 crores loan to JKIDFC
- The Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,000 crores to Jammu and Kashmir Infrastructure Development Finance Corporation Ltd (JKIDFC) under an agreement signed by both entities. Rs 500 crore has already been disbursed by the bank.
- This funding by the bank is a part of its business plan to widen credit growth and funding infrastructure development across the nation. IOB is one of the first public sector banks to lend to JKIDFC.
- Through this funding, implementing departments now speed up the pace of projects which are under execution at various levels of completion.
About Indian Overseas Bank (IOB):
- Founded: 10 February 1937
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: Partha Pratim Sengupta
- Tagline: Good people to grow with
Banks Board Bureau launched programme for improving quality of PSU bank boards
- The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has launched a development programme for public sector bank management with the goal of boosting the quality of bank boards.
- The nine-month Directors’ Development Programme (DDP) is made for directors of Public Sector Banks and financial institutions with the main objective of improving director effectiveness and increasing their impact on boards.
- This programme is aimed to help the directors think about the business’s future and upgrade themselves to be a source of wisdom and counsel for management and stakeholders in order to improve PSB’sperformance levels in the world scenario.
- The curriculum, developed in partnership with IBA and others, will assist in empowering and enriching the board of directors, which is crucial for decision-making. The Banks Board Bureau was established in 2016 as a headhunter for state-owned banks and financial organizations. It was also given the job of working with the boards of directors of all PSBs.
About Banks Board Bureau (BBB):
- Formed: April 1, 2016
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Bhanu Pratap Sharma
Zeta partnered with Mastercard to power next-gen credit processing for banks, fintechs
- Zeta, a banking tech unicorn and provider of next-gen credit card processing to banks and fintechs, and Mastercard announced a 5-year global partnership.
- As part of the agreement, the firms will go to market jointly to launch credit cards with issuers worldwide on Zeta’s modern, cloud-native, and fully API-ready credit processing stack.
- Mastercard has underscored the partnership by making a financial investment in Zeta.
- Founded: 16 December 1966, United States
- Headquarters: Purchase, Harrison, New York, United States
- CEO: Michael Miebach
- Executive Chairman: Ajay Banga
IBBI signed an MoU with IBA to collaborate on capacity building
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), an insolvency regulator signed an MoU with Indian Banks Association (IBA) to collaborate on capacity building for financial creditors on topics related to insolvency, bankruptcy and related subjects.
- The MoU was signed during the workshop on ‘Committee of Creditors: An Institution of Public Faith’ organized jointly by IBBI, SBI, and IBA at New Delhi.
- The timely resolution of insolvency cases can be undertaken by the Committee of Creditors (CoC) and Resolution Professionals / Interim Resolution Professionals (IRPs).
- The CoC, formed under regulation 21 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), 2016 is the supreme decision-making body in the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP), that affects the resolution of insolvency of the corporate debtor.
About Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI):
- Formed: 1 October 2016
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Ravi Mittal
Bharti Airtel partnered with Axis Bank to issue co-branded credit card
- Bharti Airtelpartnered with Axis Bank Limited to launch ‘Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card’ that will offer benefits such as cashbacks, special discounts, digital vouchers and complimentary services to Airtel’s more than 34 crore customers.
- This partnership will also cover future collaboration on cyber security, data, and cloud centres.
- The partnership helps in penetrating into tier-2 and tier-3 markets by enabling higher adoption of digitised payments for financial offerings.
- Financial offerings will include co-branded credit cards, pre-approved instant loans and buy now pay later offerings among others.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Microsoft to set up India’s largest datacentre region in Hyderabad
- Tech giant, Microsoft has announced to set up its fourth data center in India in Hyderabad, Hyderabad Datacenter will be one of the largest data centers in India and will be operational by 2025.
- Microsoft already has a data center in three Indian regions across Pune, Mumbai, and Chennai. The new data center will add to the growing demand for Microsoft’s cloud services from both the private enterprises as well as the government sector.
- To set up the data center, Microsoft has signed a definitive agreement with the Telangana state government with a total investment of Rs 15,000 crore.
- Founded: 4 April 1975, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Chairperson: John W. Thompson
Aarushi Verma selected to represent India at 2041 Climate Force Antarctica Expedition
- Aarushi Verma, a national-level shooter and an environmentalist hailing from Delhi has been selected to represent India at the 2041 Climate Force Antarctica Expedition which is set to be held in March 2022.
- Aarushi Verma is a national-level shooter in Pistol and trap shooting and a State & Northern India Champion & National medalist, and an active environmentalist. She will be fully supported and sponsored by The Hans Foundation.
- 2041 Climate Force Antarctica Expedition is a global initiative to train and develop the next generation of sustainability champions and to help corporations with their sustainability solutions. This carbon negative’ expedition also aims to inspire, develop and train the next generation of leaders to promote a more sustainable future. This also includes the ‘Leadership on the edge’ program.
- 2041 Climate Force is derived from the year which marks the Madrid Protocol protecting Antarctica from exploitation would come up for debate, revision, and/ or possible cancellation. The participants of the expedition will graduate as ‘Ambassadors for the Antarctic’.
Mithali Raj became the first woman cricketer to appear at six Cricket World Cup
- Indian women cricket team captain, Mithali Raj has become the first woman to appear in six World Cups. She is the only third cricketer overall to play six world cups after Sachin Tendulkar and Javed Miandad.
- Sachin is the only Indian cricketer to feature in six World Cups. She has played in ICC women’s cricket world cup events in 2000, 2005, 2009, 2013, 2017, and now in 2022. 2022 edition of ICC women’s cricket world cup is being held in New Zealand.
- In the women’s game, the Indian batter surpassed former New Zealand cricketers, Debbie Hockley and Charlotte Edwards of England. Fast bowler Jhulan Goswami stands second on the list with five World Cup appearances.
8 March: International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8 to recognize the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
- The event celebrates women’s achievements and raises awareness about women’s equality and lobbies for accelerated gender parity.
- International Women’s Day was observed for the first time in 1911. The United Nations began celebrating International Women’s Day in the International Women’s Year, 1975.
- Theme 2022: “gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs