Current Affairs 8 October 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Palghar’s famed Wada Kolam rice gets GI tag
- A variety of rice widely grown in Wada in the Palghar district, Maharashtra has been given a ‘Geographical Indication’ tag, which will give it a unique identity as well as wider markets.
- Wada Kolam, also known as Zini or Jhini rice, is a traditional variety grown in the Wada tehsil of Palghar, with the grain being off white in colour.
List of Some GI Tag Recently
- Tirur Supari-Kerala
- Arcanut (Sirsi Supadi)-Karnataka
- Green and White Tea-Darjeeling
- Srivilliputtur Palkova”-Channai
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje-Goa
- Tezpur Litchi: Assam
- “sweet cucumber”: Nagaland
- Alibaug white onion: Maharashtra
Banking & Financial
Kotak Bank gets approval from the government to collect direct, indirect taxes
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL) has received approval from the government for the collection of direct & indirect taxes, such as income tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST) etc, through its banking network.
- With this, the bank becomes the first scheduled private sector bank to receive approval after the announcement by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman allowing all banks to participate in the government-related business.
Note: About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai,
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak;
- Tagline: Let’s Make Money Simple.
Air India privatisation: Tata wins bid to buy Air India for Rs 18,000 cr
- Air India will head back to the Tata Group after decades flying as the national carrier.
- Tata Sons will pay Rs 18,000 crore for the Maharaja, outbidding a consortium led by SpiceJet’s Ajay Singh who had bid Rs 15,100 crore.
Appointment & Resign
K V Subramanian steps down as govt’s chief economic adviser
- K V Subramanian on Friday stepped down as Chief Economic Adviser after a 3-year tenure. He took over from Arvind Subramanian who had left due to personal reasons in June 2018.
- “I have decided to return back to academia following the completion of my 3-year fulfilling tenure. Serving The nation has been an absolute privilege and I have wonderful support and encouragement.
Journalists Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov won Nobel Peace Prize 2021
- The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov for their efforts to safeguard freedom of expression.
- Ressa in 2012 co-founded Rappler, a news website that has focused “critical attention on the (President Rodrigo) Duterte regime’s controversial, murderous anti-drug campaign.
- Muratov was one of the founders of the independent Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta in 1993. “The newspaper’s fact-based journalism and professional integrity have made it an important source of information on censurable aspects of Russian society rarely mentioned by other media.
Wrestler Anshu Malik Becomes First Indian Woman To Win World Championships Silver
- Wrestler Anshu Malik became the first Indian woman to win silver in World Championships as she went down fighting against Helen Maroulis in women’s 57kg final in Oslo on 7th Oct.
- it was a heroic performance from the Nidani wrestler, who became the only fifth Indian woman to win a worlds medal and so far the best one.
- Geeta Phogat (2012), Babita Phogat (2012), Pooja Dhanda (2018) and Vinesh Phogat (2019) have won a bronze each.
October 8: 89th Indian Air Force Day
- India celebrates Air Force Day on October 8 to raise awareness about the Indian Air Force (IAF) as an organisation that strives to strengthen national security and authority.
- The Indian Air Force is the fourth largest air force in the world. its Hindon Air Force Station located in UP’s Ghaziabad is the largest in Asia.
- The motto of the IAF is ‘Nabha Sparsham Deeptham’, which means ‘touch the sky with glory’. It was taken from the 11th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita, which comprises the discourse given by Lord Krishna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.
- Navy Day: 4 December
- Army Day:15 January
October 7: World Cotton Day 2021
- World Cotton Day was observed on October 7, across the world, in a bid to raise awareness regarding the cotton sector among people.
- UN World Cotton Day (WCD) is celebrated annually on October 7 with the aim of raising awareness regarding the critical role of cotton sector in international trade, economic development and poverty alleviation.
- Theme 2021: “Cotton for Good”.
Arvind Trivedi, best known for his role as ‘Raavan’ in Ramayan, passes away
- Veteran television actor Arvind Trivedi, who is famously known for his iconic role of demon-king Raavan in Ramanand Sagar’s TV serial Ramayan, has passed away. He was 82.
- He was also part of the political field, as an MP from Sabarkatha constituency in Gujarat, and had served the Parliament from 1991-96. He served as the acting chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) from 2002 to 2003.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|