Current Affairs 8th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi virtually addressed Plenary Session of Eastern Economic Forum
- PM Narendra Modi has addressed the Plenary Session of the 7th Eastern Economic Forum being held in Vladivostok, Russia through video conferencing.
- He informed that in September 2022, thirty years are being completed since the establishment of the Consulate of India in Vladivostok.
- India was the first country to open a consulate in this city.
- Capital – Moscow
- Currency – Rubel
- President – Vladimir Putin
India and UK conduct mega ‘Cyber Security Exercise’ for 26 countries
- India’s National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) and the UK Government in collaboration with BAE Systems (British Aerospace) have successfully designed & conducted the ‘Cyber Security Exercise’ for 26 countries.
- The virtual Cyber Exercise on Ransomware Resilience was aimed at simulating a large, widespread cyber security incident affecting organizations within a country.
- The exercise was carried out as part of the International Counter Ransomware Initiative- Resilience Working Group which is being led by India under the leadership of the National Cyber Security Coordinator (NCSC).
- The theme of the exercise was based on the ‘Energy Sector’ in which the respective National Cyber Crisis Management Teams of the CRI Partner Nations will have to deal with a ransomware attack on multiple electricity distribution companies.
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Liz Truss
Sterlite Power commissioned 400KV transmission lines in Gujarat
- Sterlite Power’s Mumbai Urja Marg Transmission Ltd (MUML) has commissioned 400kV Banaskantha, Kansari, and Vadavi Transmission lines in Gujarat.
- The high voltage transmission line will help in the evacuation of around 1000 MW of renewable power from the pooling station at Bhuj in northern Gujarat to the national grid.
- It will augment the available power transmission capacity of the state, taking it from 9300 MW to 11200 MW.
- Against India’s renewable capacity of 90 GW, Gujarat’s contribution stands at around 12 GW. On the back of its strong energy infrastructure, Gujarat aims to establish more than 67 GW of renewable energy by 2030.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
NGT imposed a penalty of Rs 3,500cr on West Bengal government for waste management failure
- The National Green Tribunal has imposed a penalty of Rs 3,500 crore on the West Bengal government for the huge gap in solid and liquid waste generation and treatment.
- The state government does not appear to be prioritizing the setting up of sewage and solid waste management facilities though according to the state’s budget for 2022-2023, there is the provision of Rs 12,818.99 crore on Urban Development and Municipal Affairs.
- The NGT found that of the 2,758 million liters of sewage generation every day in urban local bodies in West Bengal, not more than 1,268 million liters are treated.
About West Bengal
- Capital – Kolkata
- Chief Minister – Mamata Banerjee
- Governor – Ganesan
Rajasthan launched urban employment guarantee scheme
- The Rajasthan government has launched an ambitious scheme to provide 100 days of employment to needy families in urban areas on the lines of rural employment guarantee scheme MGNREGA.
- More than 2.25 lakh families have already registered for the Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme.
- The scheme to be launched would cover works like environment protection, water and heritage conservation, garden maintenance, and removing encroachments, illegal sign boards, hoardings, banners, etc.
- Sanitation, cleanliness, and other such works will also be undertaken under the scheme.
- People from the age group of 18 to 60 are eligible for the scheme. Interested families will get 100 days of employment.
- The state government has allocated Rs 800 crore for the scheme.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Recent Scheme of Rajasthan
- Indira Rasoi Yojana
- Bus Service Moksh Kalash
- Ek paudha suposhit beti ka naam scheme
- Universal Health Scheme (UHS) called Mukhya Mantri Chiranjeevi Yojana
Adani Group to build 3 Giga factories as part of $70 bn investment
- Adani Group will build three Giga factories to manufacture solar modules, wind turbines, and hydrogen electrolyzers as part of its $70 billion investment in clean energy by 2030.
- The factories will help generate an additional 45 GW of renewable energy to add to Adani group’s existing 20 GW capacity, as well as 3 million tons of hydrogen by 2030.
- The new Giga factory for power electronics will be in addition to four Giga factories announced last year for making integrated solar PV modules that will produce electricity from sunlight, electrolyzers that produce hydrogen from water, fuel cells, and batteries to store energy from the grid as well as 20 GW solar energy capacity by 2025 for captive needs.
MasterCard replaced Paytm as title sponsor of BCCI
- American financial company MasterCard has replaced Paytm as the title sponsor of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- With this, MasterCard will be the title sponsor for all international matches (both women & men) scheduled in India.
- It also covers domestic matches like Irani Trophy, Duleep Trophy, & Ranji Trophy.
- Paytm held the rights for 7 years as the title sponsor of BCCI.
Banking and Financial
PNB MetLife launched new unit-linked insurance plan
- PNB MetLife has launched a new ULIP plan PNB MetLife Goal Ensuring Multiplier (GEM) that offers customers life insurance coverage and helps them invest methodically with the goal of creating wealth for the future.
- Customers can choose from 13 different funds to best fit their risk appetite and can also opt for goal-based fund management strategies.
- The plan also has a top-up feature that allows customers to enhance their coverage and accelerate their savings goals.
RBI selected HDFC Bank & Precision for retail payments test phase
- The RBI said, HDFC Bank (in partnership with Sweden-based Crunchfish Aktiebolag) and Precision Biometric India Pvt. Ltd have been selected for the ‘Test Phase’ for their ‘Offline Retail Payments’ and ‘InnaIT Key Solution for Banking’ products, respectively, under its ‘On Tap’ application facility for the theme ‘Retail Payments’ under Regulatory Sandbox.
- HDFC Bank’s product ‘Offline Retail Payments’ provides the capability for customers and merchants to be able to pay and receive payments in offline mode.
- The solution aims to boost the adoption of digital payments in areas of no or low network by enabling transactions without the need to have a network connection.
- The RBI introduced a Regulatory Sandbox (RS) in 2019 to foster responsible innovation in financial services, promote efficiency and expand benefits to consumers.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline – We understand your world
ESAF Bank launched ‘rainbow account’ for transgender community
- ESAF Small Finance Bank Limited has launched a ‘Rainbow Savings Account’ exclusively for the transgender community.
- The ‘Rainbow Savings Account scheme comes with a high-interest rate and advanced debit card facilities.
- The Reserve Bank of India in 2015 directed banks to include a separate column ‘third gender’ in all their forms and applications.
- Many transgenders from different parts of Kerala participated in the launch of Rainbow Savings Account’s logo event, which was organized in association with the Navodaya Movement.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank
- Founded- 10 March 2017
- Founders- Paul Thomas, Mereena Paul, Jacob Samuel
- Headquarters– Thrissur, Kerala
IDFC First Bank partnered with ONDC on buy and sell side application
- IDFC First Bank has partnered with Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) to enable early adoption of the network among its customers.
- The Bank has also started onboarding small merchants, who are its current account customers, onto a partner app registered with ONDC. The app is expected to help small merchants carry out transactions over ONDC’s electronic network and step up their digital footprint.
- ONDC, a section 8 company, has been set up to democratize e-commerce and will transition e-commerce from a platform-centric model to an open network model, similar to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for payments.
- A revolutionary network, it is expected to bring inclusivity and interoperability into supply chains, buyer universes, logistics, and technology services.
About IDFC First Bank
- Founded – October 2015
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – V. Vaidyanathan
- Axis Bank signed an MoU with FCI to provide “Ultima Salary Package”
- Mahindra Finance partnered with CRIF Solutions for quicker loan approvals
- Universal Sompo partnered with Repco Home Finance to insure loans
- HDFC Bank partnered with Tata Neu to launch two new credit cards
- KreditBee partnered with Cashfree to offer EMI solutions
Appointment and Resignation
Suella Braverman appointed as Home Secretary in UK Cabinet
- Indian-origin barrister Suella Braverman has been appointed as the UK’s new Home Secretary.
- She has been appointed new Home Secretary by Prime Minister Liz Truss.
- She has succeeded her colleague of Indian origin Priti Patel.
- She had served as the Attorney General in the earlier government led by Boris Johnson.
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Liz Truss
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- PM of United Kingdom – Liz Truss
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
IDBI Bank re-appointed as Deputy MD of S Jebaraj for 3 years
- IDBI Bank has announced the reappointment of Samuel Joseph Jebaraj as the Deputy Managing Director (DMD) on the Board of the Bank for a period of 3 years.
- The board of directors has jointly approved the appointment. The reappointment is with effect from September 20, 2022.
- Currently, Government holds 45.48 percent stake in IDBI bank, and Life Insurance Corp of India, which is currently the promoter of the bank, owns a 49.24 percent stake.
About IDBI Bank
- Founded- 1 July 1964
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- MD and CEO- Rakesh Sharma
- MD & CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank – Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam
- Interim Head of AICTE – Jagadesh Kumar
- CMD of NHPC – Yamuna Kumar Chaubey
- Interim Chairman of ONGC – Rajesh Kumar Srivastava
- Interim chairman at GAIL – M V lyer
7 September – International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies
- International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies is observed every year on September 7 to recognize the value of clean air in our health and daily lives.
- This day was designated by the UN General Assembly in 2019 & was first observed on 7 September 2020.
- UN member states observe this day by holding events around the world on the effects of air pollution.
- Theme 2022- Air We Share
8 September – International Literacy Day
- International Literacy Day is observed every year on 8 September.
- Objective – To make people aware of the meaning and importance of literacy for individuals and societies
- Literacy refers to a person’s ability to read or write.
- The concept of International Literacy Day emerged at the World Conference of Ministers of Education held in Tehran in 1965. To address the global problem of illiteracy, on 26 October 1966, UNESCO declared September 8 as International Literacy Day.
- It was first celebrated on 8 September 1967.
- Theme 2022 – Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here