Current Affairs 9, 10 October 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Bathukamma festival begins in Telangana
- The nine day floral festival has begun in Telangana. The festival began with excitement as the women were dressed in traditional clothes and colourful processions were carried out in Telangana, the Bathukamma festival is celebrated during Durga Navratri.
- Bathukamma festival begins on the day of Mahalaya Amavasya and the festival continues till nine days, ending on the day of Durgashtami.
Note: list of Festival in Telangana
- Bonalu Festival
- Sammakka Sarakka Jatara
- Nagoba Jathara
- Inavolu (Iloni) Mallanna Jathara
India’s Newest Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh
- National Tiger Conservation Authority has approved the Chhattisgarh government’s proposal to declare the combined areas of the Guru Ghasidas National Park & Tamor Pingla Wildlife Sanctuary as a Tiger Reserve.
- This is the 4th Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh (Udanti-Sitanadi, Achanakmar, Indravati).
Maharashtra Government launches ‘Mission Kavach Kundal’
- The state government of Maharashtra has launched a special Covid-19 vaccination drive named as Mission Kavach Kundal, with the target of inoculating 15 lakh people everyday.
- The week-long drive has been organised from October 08 to October 14, 2021. The drive is in line with Centre’s target of reaching 100 crore vaccination mark till 15 October 2021.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari;
- Capital: Mumbai;
- CM: Uddhav Thackeray.
Banking & Financial
TCS, SBI extend partnership for 5 years to drive innovation, enhance customer experience
- IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has announced that its 20-year long partnership with India’s largest public lender – State Bank of India (SBI)—has been extended for five more years as SBI goes ahead with its next leg of growth based on technology, resilience and people.
- The partnership between TCS and SBI started with the implementation of the TCS BaNCS core banking solution in 2001.
- TCS will maintain and enhance SBI’s application estate which focuses on areas like core banking, trade finance, financial reporting and financial inclusion with added features and functionality as per the official contract.
PNB launches ‘6S Campaign’ under customer outreach programme
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) on 7th Oct launched ‘6S Campaign’ under customer outreach programme to extend financial services at concessional rate during the festival season.
- The ‘6S Campaign’ encapsulates different schemes such as – Swabhiman, Samruddhi, Sampark and Shikhar, Sankalp and Swagat.
- The objective is to drive a special awareness campaign for the development of financial services in the country and to accelerate credit growth, improve penetration of social security schemes and drive digital banking push.
Ficci projects 9.1% GDP growth for FY22
- India’s GDP is expected to grow at 9.1 per cent in 2021-22 as economic recovery, post the second wave of the pandemic, seems to be holding ground.
- The survey was conducted in September 2021 and drew responses from leading economists representing the industry, banking and financial services sector.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- RBI: 9.5%
Reliance New Energy Solar acquires REC Solar Holdings for $771 million
- Reliance Industries formally announced the outright acquisition of Norwegian solar manufacturing company REC Solar for an enterprise value of $771 million.
- Reliance, who made the deal through its wholly owned subsidiary Reliance New Energy Solar, will use REC’s advanced technologies and patents to build a 4 gigawatt (GW) manufacturing facility in Jamnagar, Gujarat as part of its ‘giga factories’. This unit will eventually be scaled up to 10 GW.
India, UK begin 6th edition of military exercise “Ajeya Warrior” in Uttarakhand
- India and the UK kickstarted a two-week military exercise at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand to further strengthen bilateral defence cooperation between the two countries.
- The 6th edition of the ”Ajeya Warrior” exercise is part of an initiative to develop interoperability and sharing of expertise with friendly foreign nations. The exercise will culminate on October 20.
- Both armies would familiarise with each other’s weapons, equipment, tactics and procedures for carrying out joint military operations.
Note: About Some Exercise
- Indradhanush: India and UK (Airforce)
- Yudh Abhyas, Vajra Prahar, “Tiger Triumph”, Red Fla: India and United States
- Varuna, Exercise SHAKTI, Ex Desert Knight-21: India and France
October 9: World Postal Day
- Every year, World Post Day is celebrated on October 9. This day marks the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPU). This was established in 1874, the UPU was founded in Bern, the capital of Switzerland. Ever since its establishment, different countries started recognising World Post Day.
- Theme 2021: “Innovate to recover”
09 October (Second Saturday of October) : World Migratory Bird Day 2021
- Every year, World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) is officially celebrated twice in a year since it started in 2006. Firstly it is held on the Second Saturday of May and again on the Second Saturday of October.
- The day is observed to spread awareness for the need to conserve migratory birds and their habitats.
- Theme 2021:“Sing, Fly, Soar – Like a Bird!”
October 10: World Mental Health Day
- October 10 is commemorated as World Mental Health Day. World Mental Health Day strives to spread awareness, educate and reduce the stigma associated with mental health in society.
- Theme 2021: ‘Mental Health In An Unequal World’
Father of Pakistan’s nuclear bomb AQ Khan passes away
- AQ Khan, a controversial scientist known as the father of Pakistan’s clandestine nuclear programme, passed away here on Sunday after a brief illness. He was 85.
- The nuclear physicist was disgraced in 2004 when he was forced to accept responsibility for nuclear technology proliferation and was forced to live a life of official house arrest.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|