Current Affairs 9th February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Gujarat announced new IT/ITeS policy to generate 1 lakh employment
- Chief Minister of Gujarat Bhupendra Patel has announced a new IT/ITeS policy for the next five years.
- IT/ITeS policy will provide financial incentives up to Rs 200 crore to the entities willing to incur capital expenditures. It will also generate employment about 1 lakh youths.
- It also seeks to increase IT-ITeS exports from the current Rs 3000 crores annually to 25,000 crores over the next five years. Its operative period will start from the day of notification to 31st March 2027.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
UNEP signed MoU with Maharashtra to support ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ campaign
- The United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP) signed an MoU with the Maharashtra government to support its ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ campaign.
- It is an initiative towards sustainable use of energy and environmental development. The literal meaning of ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ is ‘My Earth’. It is an initiative of the Environment and Climate Change Department, Government of Maharashtra.
- Aim: To empower citizens with knowledge on the impacts of climate change and environmental issues and to encourage them to make a conscious effort towards the improvement of the environment.
About The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP):
- Founded: 1972
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
- Executive Director: Inger Andersen (Denmark)
AIM, NITI Aayog, & USAID announced partnership under SAMRIDH initiative
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) have announced a new partnership under the Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare (SAMRIDH) initiative.
- It will improve access to affordable and quality healthcare for vulnerable populations in tier-2 and tier-3 cities, rural and tribal regions.
- It will enhance SAMRIDH’s efforts to reach vulnerable populations, leveraging AIM expertise. It aims to mobilize a capital pool of $100+ million from the private sector and bilateral organizations. It leverages this fund to offer both grant and debt financing provision to support the expansion of market-based health solutions.
About United States Agency for International Development (USAID):
- Founded: 3 November 1961
- Founder: John F. Kennedy
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Administrator: Samantha Power
RPF launched “Operation AAHT” to curb human trafficking
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) has launched a nationwide operation to curb human trafficking.
- As part of “Operation AAHT”, special teams will be deployed on all long-distance trains/routes with a focus on rescuing victims, particularly women and children, from the clutches of traffickers.
- The Railways, which operate about 21,000 trains across the country daily, is the most reliable mode of transportation for the traffickers who often moved their victims on long-distance trains.
About Railway Protection Force (RPF):
- Founded: 27 July 1872
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Director-General: Sanjay Chandar
Gautam Adani overtook Mukesh Ambani as Asia’s Richest Person in Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- In accordance with the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Gautam Adani net worth reached $88.5 billion overtaking Mukesh Ambani’s $87.9 billion becoming Asia’s richest person as on 8th February 2022.
- With a nearly $12 billion jump in his personal wealth, he has become the 10th richest person in the world.
- Globally Elon Musk was named as the world’s richest person with a total net worth of $235 Billion. He was followed by Jeff Bezos with a total net worth of $183 Billion & Bernard Arnault with a total net worth of $168 Billion.
L&T & Microsoft India signed MoU to develop regulated sector-focused cloud offering
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) and Microsoft India signed an MoU to develop a regulated sector-focused cloud offering to empower customers with the best-of-breed cloud computing and infrastructure service.
- Aim: To modernize traditional data centres to potentially hybrid cloud architecture.
- Under this MoU, both companies will engage with a set of large customers in regulated sectors to design architectures and roadmaps for modernizing their traditional data centers and advancing their digital transformation goals.
- Under this MoU, L&T and Microsoft India will set up a joint governance group to define future platform designs, investments, and commercial/business models to service the regulated sectors’ emerging technology requirements
- Founded: 4 April 1975, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Chairperson: John W. Thompson
Banking and Financial
PMKSY scheme extended till FY26 with an outlay of Rs 4,600 crores
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (PMKSY), a flagship scheme of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries has been extended for a period of 2021-2022 to 2025-2026 (till March 2026).
- The government of India (GoI) has allocated Rs 4600 crores for the scheme. The GoI launched the Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA) in 2017 with an allocation of Rs 6000 crore.
- In August 2017, the scheme was renamed as PMKSY, incorporating several ongoing schemes of the MoFPI like Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure, Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters, Creation / Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities and Operation Greens.
PM CARES Fund got ₹10,990 crores since its inception in FY 2020-21; spent ₹3,976 crores during 2020-21
- The total corpus under the PM CARES Fundsin 2020-21 was Rs 10,990.17 crore, while Rs 3,976.17 crore was spent from the fund in 2020-21, according to the latest audited statement of PM CARES Funds.
- As on March 31, 2021, the Fund had an unspent balance of Rs 7,013.99 crore. The government has used a part of the money to buy medical equipment, including ventilators, to boost the battle against the COVID-19 and has also provided relief to migrants.
- The highest amount was spent on Procurement of 6.6 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine i.e., Rs 1,392.82 crore.
- The Fund was established on March 27, 2020. PM CARES fund is a dedicated national fund with the primary objective of dealing with any kind of emergency or distress situation like posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Prime Minister is the ex-officio Chairman of the PM CARES Fund.
Cabinet approved continuation of IFLDP with an outlay of Rs. 1700 crores
- Union Cabinet approved the Indian Footwear and Leather Development Programme (IFLDP), erstwhile IFLADP, for continuation from 2021-22 with a financial outlay of Rs. 1700 crores till 31st March 2026 or till further review, whichever is earlier.
- Aim: To develop infrastructure for the leather sector, address environmental concerns specific to the leather sector, facilitate additional investments, employment generation, and increase in production.
- The programme has a direct benefit towards quality employment generation especially for women, skill development, decent work, making the industry more environment friendly and prompting a sustainable production system.
RBI extended restrictions on Karnataka’s Millath Co-Operative Bank till May 7
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the restrictions on Millath Co-Operative Bank, Devangere, Karnataka by another three months, from February 8 2022 to May 7, 2022.
- According to the RBI, the other terms and conditions of the directives will remain unchanged during the latest three-month extension.
- As per the directions issued first on May 10, 2019, withdrawals were capped at Rs 1,000 from any account. The directions have been periodically extended till now without major change.
- RBI has passed these restrictions, in the exercise of its powers conferred on it by sub-section (1) of Section 35A and Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act 1949.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Crisil Report: LIC 3rd strongest and 10th most valuable insurance brand globally offers the Highest Return on Equity (RoE) at 82%
- According to the report of CRISIL, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), India’s largest IPO (Initial Public offering)-bound national insurer and 3rd strongest insurance brand globally, offers the highest Return on Equity (RoE) at 82% amongst all its global peers.
- According to a brand valuation report by London-based Brand Finance, LIC is India’s strongest and the largest brand in the country with a valuation of $8.656 billion (around Rs 64,722 crore).
- With this, it also becomes the third-strongest insurance brand globally after Poste Italianeof Italy, and Mapfre of Spain at 1st and 2nd rank respectively. It is also the world’s 10th most valuable insurance brand.
- LIC’s market share is highest among the globe i.e., 64.1% or with a gross written premium (GWP) of $56.405 billion.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
Appointment and Resignation
Unnikrishnan Nair appointed as director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
- Scientist and launch vehicle specialist, Dr. S Unnikrishnan Nair took charge as the director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
- Nair, who started his career in VSSC Trivandrum in 1985, has made significant contributions in launch vehicle mechanisms, acoustic protection systems, and payload fairing areas during his tenure.
- He will succeed S Somanath, who recently took over as the chairman of ISRO.
- In January 2019, Nair took over as the first director of Human Space Flight Centre, Bengaluru, which is spearheading the Gaganyaan Programme. He will continue to hold this position along with his new role at the VSSC.
- VSSC is a keyspace research center of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and specialises in rocket and space vehicles for satellite programs.
About Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC):
- Founded:21 November 1963
- Parent organization: ISRO
- Headquarters: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Amitabh Bachchan appointed as brand ambassador of MediBuddy
- MediBuddy, one of India’s largest digital healthcare platforms, has signed legendary Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan as the official brand ambassador.
- As part of the deal, Bachchan will be seen endorsing various services available on the platform, while highlighting the need to prioritise one’s health.
- With the deal in place, MediBuddy is looking at further amplifying its reach across India. Leveraging the veteran actor’s popularity, especially across tier II and tier III cities, the brand aims to position itself as a household name.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- EaseMyTrip: Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma
- Brand Endorser of Bank of Baroda: Shafali Verma
- Ambassador of All Women Match Official Team of Legends League Cricket (LLC): Jhulan Goswami
RenewBuy: RajKummar Rao
- GoodDot: Neeraj Chopra
- Games24x7’s ‘RummyCircle’: Hrithik Roshan
- Uttarakhand: Akshay Kumar, Rishabh Pant
- Bata India: Disha Patani
Nitin Gadkari received 18th Late Madhavrao Limaye Award under efficient MP category
- Nashik Public Library, Sarvajanik Vachanalay announced that the Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari from Nashik, Maharashtra will be facilitated for the first time with the 18th late Madhavrao Limaye award in the category of Karyakram Khaasdar (Efficient Member of Parliament) for the year 2020-21.
- Earlier, the award was given to Karyaksham Aamdaar, an efficient Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Maharashtra.
- The Sarvajanik Vachanalay annually selects one of the members of Vidhan Parishad (Lok Sabha), Vidhan Sabha (Rajya Sabha) for the Efficient MLA or Member of Parliament (MP) Award.
- The award has been instituted in the memory of Limaye by his daughter Dr. Shobha Nerlikar. The award consists of Rs 50,000 in cash and a memento.
ISRO decommissioned INSAT-4B through 11 Re-orbiting manoeuvres after 14-year service
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has decommissioned the INSAT-4B, an Indian communications satellite that forms part of the Indian National Satellite System on 24th January 2022 through 11 re-orbiting manoeuvres that pushed the satellite into the desired orbit mandated by the IADC space debris mitigation guidelines.
- The finally achieved orbit is about 340km above geostationary (GEO) altitude in perfect compliance with IADC guidelines for space debris mitigation of GEO objects.
- The decommissioning of the satellite was to comply with the United Nations (UN) and the Inter-Agency Space Debris Coordination Committee (IADC) recommended space debris mitigation.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: S Somanath
Astronomer R Rajamohan, who led the 1st asteroid discoveries in independent India, passed away
- Professor R Rajamohan, who was an astronomer at the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bengaluru, for decades, passed away.
- He is best known for his Kalki Project, which aimed to discover asteroids using the 48-cm Schmidt telescope in Kavalur VBO and discovered a new asteroid, number 4130, from India. This was the first asteroid discovered in India in 104 years.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs