Daily GK Update 9 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Government approves construction of 3.61 lakh houses under PMAY-U
- During 54th meeting of Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMS), central government has approval 708 proposals for construction of 3.61 lakh houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban (PMAY-U).
Meeting was attended by 13 States and UTs. All these houses will be constructed on line of ‘Beneficiary led Construction’ and ‘Affordable Housing in Partnership Verticals’. Total investment under this mission is Rs. 7.35 lakh crores out of which centre is assisting Rs. 1.81 lakh crores. So far, 96067 crores of funds have been released.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is implanting this mission which was launched in June 2015 to address the problem of shortage of urban housing, It seeks to provide pucca houses to all eligible urban households by 2022.
CESL-Ladakh sign pact to make Ladakh Carbon-neutral
- State-owned Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Administration of Ladakh to make it clean and green.
- It will develop clean solutions for home appliances, electric heating, pump sets and cooking sets for very cold temperatures in Ladakh. It will also focus on EV ecosystem like EC charging infrastructure utilising renewable sources of power.
International (Current Affairs)
El Salvador: First country to formally adopt bitcoin as legal tender
- El Salvador has become the first country to formally adopt bitcoin as legal tender. Proposal to legalise cryptocurrency was put forward by President Nayib Bukele which was later approved by Congress.
- Even though there were concern regarding potential impact of legalising cryptocurrency on El Salvador’s program of $1 billion with International Monetary Fund, proposal was passed with majority of 62 out of 84 possible votes.
Note: About EL Salvador
- President: Nayib Bukele
- Capital: San Salvador
- Currency: United States Dollar
Rhea Chakraborty topped ‘The Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2020’
- The Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2020 list has been unveiled, and it features women under 40 across various fields. Rhea Chakraborty has bagged the number 1 spot on Times Most Desirable Women 2020 list. She was in the news for most of last year due to the sudden demise of Sushant Singh Rajput and the controversy around his death.
Top 5 List:
- 2nd Spot: Miss Universe 2020, 3rd runner-up Adline Castelino
- 3rd Spot: Actress Disha Patani
- 4th Spot: Kiara Advani
- 5th Spot: Deepika Padukone
Banking and Financial
World Bank Slashes India’s Growth Forecast to 8.3% In FY22
- The World Bank on 8th June slashed its 2021-22 GDP growth forecast for the Indian economy to 8.3% from 10.1% estimated in April, saying economic recovery is being hampered by the devastating second wave of coronavirus infections.
- It projected a 7.5% economic growth in the 2022-23 fiscal year (April 2022 to March 2023).
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- RBI: 9.5%
- HSBC: 11.2%
Anup Chandra Pandey appointed as Election Commissioner
- Union government has appointed Anup Chandra Pandey, as Election Commissioner. He is a retired IAS officer if 1984 batch from Uttar Pradesh cadre. He will serve the office for around three years and will retire in February 2024.
- He has been appointed to position after retirement of former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora. Thus, Election Commission now restores to its full strength of three members. Other members of the panel are CEC Sushil Chandra and Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar.
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI– S Ramann
- SEBI- Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC- Arun Mishra
- ISRO- K.Sivan
- UIDAI- Saurabh Garg
- FICCI (President)- Uday Shankar
BAFTA TV Awards 2021 winners announced
- The winners of the BAFTA TV Awards 2021 were announced. The ceremony itself, filmed at London’s Television Centre and hosted by Richard Ayoade.
- British Academy Television Awards are presented annually to recognize the outstanding work in British Television.
List of Winners:
- Leading Actress-Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You
- Leading Actor-Paul Mescal, Normal People
- Drama Series-Save Me Too
- Best Comedy Performance-Charlie Cooper and Aimee Lou Wood
- Best Comedy Series-Inside No. 9
- Original Music-Harry Escott, Roadkill
- Sports England v West Indies Test Cricket – Sky Sports Cricket
BharatPe becomes ICC’s official partner till 2023
- Lending and digital payments startup BharatPe on 7th June announced that it has inked a three-year long deal to become an official partner with International Cricket Council (ICC).
- As per the agreement, BharatPe will promote the association across broadcast and digital platforms, as well as execute in-venue brand activations at all the ICC events until 2023.
The key tournaments include the upcoming
- ICC World Test Championship (Southampton, UK 2021)
- Men’s T20 World Cup (India, 2021)
- Men’s T20 World Cup (Australia, 2022)
- Women’s World Cup (New Zealand, 2022)
- U19 Cricket World Cup (West Indies, 2022)
- Women’s T20 World Cup (South Africa, 2022)
- Men’s Cricket World Cup (India, 2023)
- World Test Championship (2023).
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|