Current Affairs 9th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Baikho festival celebrated in Assam
- The Baikho festival is celebrated in the state of Assam, which is called as gateway to northeast India. It is celebrated by Rabha tribes of India. For celebration in 2022, locals in Gamerimura village gathered on June 4 to celebrate the festival.
- Rabhas are a Tibeto-Burman community. They reside in Lower Assam in Garo hills and Dooar region of West Bengal. They are among the plains tribe in state. They are an agriculture-based community.
- The Baikho festival is celebrated annually. It is celebrated to bring in auspicious harvest season and to fill it with abundant crops and good health. This is a celebration of good harvest.
Important Festivals of Assam:
- Magh Bihu
- Bohag Bihu
- Dehing Patkai
- Baishagu festival
- Dwizling Festival
- Parag Festival
‘Sital Sasthi’ festival celebrated in Odisha
- Sital Sasthi, a sacred Hindu festival is being celebrated in Odisha. This week-long special festival highlights the marriage of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- According to the Hindu calendar, Sital Sasthi is observed on the sixth day of the Jyestha month during the Shukla Paksha.
- During the week-long festival, devotees in large numbers take part in the most famous Sitala Sasthi Yatra that is conducted at Sambalpur in Western Odisha.
Popular Festivals of Odisha:
- Chhau Festival
- Konark Dance Festival
- Bali Jatra
- Raja parba
- Boita Bandana
FSSAI’s 4th State Food Safety Index released; Tamil Nadu topped among large states
- On World Food Safety Day, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released the 4th State Food Safety Index (SFSI) by FSSAI to measure the performance of States across five parameters of food safety and felicitated the winning State/UTs based on the ranking for the year 2021-22.
- Among large States, Tamil Nadu topped the list. “Among the smaller states, Goa stood first followed by Manipur and Sikkim. Among UTs, Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi and Chandigarh secured first, second and third ranks”.
About Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI):
- Founded: August 2011
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Rajesh Bhusan
- Chief Executive Officer: Arun Singhal
Goa launched ‘Beach Vigil App’ for holistic management of beaches
- The chief minister of Goa Pramod Sawant launched a “Beach Vigil App”. The CM said that the app aims to benefit institutions working in beach tourism sector and also the tourists.
- The Beach Vigil App aims to do a holistic management of beaches. Government of Goa is in process of finalising an integrated plan for beach cleaning. Government also plans to make Goa among top 25 destinations for start-ups in Asia by 2025.
- Capital: Panaji
- CM: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai
QS World University Rankings 2023: IISc, Bengaluru topped among research varsity globally and among Indian institutes, MIT got 1st rank overall
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), London-based global higher education has released the 19th edition of the world’s most consulted international university ranking.
- 41 Indian varsities have been found place in the rankings. Among QS World University Rankings top 200 varsities, The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru (155th) topped among Indian universities, followed by IIT Bombay (172nd) and IIT Delhi (174th).
- IISc ranked as the top research university in the world with a perfect score of 100 in the citation per faculty parameter.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was at top position followed by the University of Cambridge, Stanford University.
Banking and Financial
SEBI restructured its Mutual Funds Advisory Committee; chaired by Usha Thorat
- Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its advisory committee on mutual funds.
- The 25-member advisory committee will be chaired by former Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Usha Thorat. Earlier, the panel had 24 members.
- The regulator has inducted Chairman of NJ India Invest Neeraj Choksi in the advisory committee.
- Other members: Independent Trustee at SBI Mutual Fund Sunil Gulati, Independent Trustee at DSP Mutual Fund Dharmishta Narendraprasad Raval, Tata Asset Management MD and CEO Prathit D Bhobe, SBI Funds Management MD and CEO Vinay Tonse, Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) CEO Swarup Mohanty, Sundaram Asset Management Company MD Sunil Subramaniam, Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company MD and CEO Navin Agarwal and Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) Chairman A Balasubramanian.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI constituted Advisory Committee for ESG-related matters: Navneet Munot
- RBI constituted committee to review customer service standards at banks, NBFCs: B.P. Kanungo
- SC appointed 3-member committee to manage functioning of All India Football Federation: AR Dave
- Reconstituted Inter-State Council: PM Narendra Modi; Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council: Amit Shah
- Uttarakhand formed panel to implement Uniform Civil Code: Ranjana Desai
Tech Mahindra acquired 26% stake in Huoban Energy for Rs 1.60 crore
- Tech Mahindra has acquired a 26% stake in Huoban Energy 6 Private Ltd, a recently incorporated renewable energy firm.
- It will pay a total sum of Rs 1.60 crore for the acquisition. The transaction is estimated to be completed within 90 days.
- The acquisition would enable the company to procure 5 MW solar energy for its captive consumption at its facilities located in Pune, Maharashtra.
About Tech Mahindra:
- Founded: 1986
- Founder & Chairman: Anand Mahindra
- Headquarters: Pune
- CEO: P. Gurnani
OECD projected India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.9% for FY23
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has reduced the economic growth for India to 6.9% growth in FY23 from 8.1% estimated earlier.
- OECD has also projected the growth for India is 6.2% in 2023. The Reserve Bank of India has also estimated the nations growth to 7.2%.
- “Real GDP is projected to grow by 6.9% in fiscal year (FY) 2022-23 and 6.2% in FY 2023-24, despite a pick-up of corporate investment facilitated by the Production-Linked Incentive Scheme,” OECD said in its latest economic outlook.
Note: India GDP projected for FY23 (2022-2023)
- World Bank: 7.5%
- ICRA: 7.2%
- ADB: 8%
- Crisil: 7.8%
- UN: 6.4%
- RBI: 7.2%
RBI imposed monetary penalty of Rs 27.50 lakh on Punjab & Sind Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 27.5 lakh on Punjab & Sind Bank for non-compliance with certain directions issued by it on ‘external benchmark-based lending’.
- A statutory examination of Punjab & Sind Bank revealed non-compliance with the directions, inter-alia, to the extent the bank linked certain floating rate retail loans and floating rate loans to micro and small enterprises, extended by it after October 1, 2019, to MCLR instead of an external benchmark.
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently:
- RBI imposed Rs 17.63 lakh monetary penalty on Manappuram Finance
- RBI imposed penalty of Rs. 1.12 crores on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance
- RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 25 lakh on Haryana State Co-operative Apex Bank Limited
- RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 12 lakh on Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Limited
- RBI monetary penalty on Bassein Catholic Co-operative Bank of Rs. 49 lakh and Jila Sahakari Kendriya Bank Maryadit of Rs. 50,000 for rule violations
Appointment and Resignation
Krishna Srinivasan appointed as Director of IMF’s Asia and Pacific Department
- International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva announced the appointment of Indian national Krishna Srinivasan as Director of the Asia and Pacific Department (APD). Srinivasan will succeed Changyong Rhee.
- He is currently a Deputy Director in APD where he oversees the department’s surveillance work on a number of large and systemically important countries such as China and Korea, and smaller states in the Pacific such as Fiji and Vanuatu.
About International Monetary Fund (IMF):
- Formation: 27 December 1945
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Member Countries: 190
- MD: Kristalina Georgieva
MS Dhoni appointed as brand ambassador of Garuda Aerospace
- Drone startup Garuda Aerospace has appointed cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the company’s firm’s brand ambassador. The cricketer will also be one of their shareholders.
- The Chennai-based startup had recently announced its plans to support agriculture. The company is working on a model to sell drones to village-level entrepreneurs or pesticide and fertilisers retailers.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Lupin Limited’s Shakti campaign: Mary Kom
- My11Circle by Games24x7: Shubman Gill and Ruturaj Gaikwad
- PharmEasy: Amir Khan
- Karnataka’s Brain Health Initiative: Robin Uthappa
- Lloyd’s eastern indian markets: Sourav Ganguly
- 1st Indian brand ambassador of Louis Vuitton: Deepika Padukone
India won inaugural FIH Hockey 5s championship at Lausanne, Switzerland
- India beat Poland 6-4 in final to clinch the inaugural FIH Hockey 5s championship in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Earlier, India first outplayed Malaysia 7-3, pumping in four goals in the second half in a stunning show before beating Poland 6-2 in the second match of the day.
- India, who had topped the five-team league standings with three wins and one draw en route final, ended their campaign with an unbeaten record.
Mithali Raj announced retirement from all forms of international cricket
- Indian Women’s cricket team captain, Mithali Raj has announced her retirement from all forms of international cricket at the age of 39 years.
- She has represented India in 232 matches and scored 7,805 runs at an average of 50.68. She made her international debut in an ODI against Ireland, in June 1999.
- She became the first and the only woman cricketer to have aggregated more than 10,000 international runs in over 350 matches across all three formats.
- Indian government honoured her with Arjuna Award in 2003 for her outstanding achievement in cricket, Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award in 2021, and Padma Shri in 2015 for her contribution to sports.
Avani Lekhara won gold medal at 2022 Para Shooting World Cup in France
- Tokyo Paralympics champion Avani Lekhara secured a spot at the 2024 Paris Paralympics after winning the gold medal in the Para Shooting World Cup in women’s 10m air rifle standing SH1 in France.
- The 20-year-old won the gold with a record score of 250.6, breaking her own world record of 249.6. Poland’s Emilia Babska bagged the silver medal with a total of 247.6, while Anna Normann of Sweden got bronze with a score of 225.6.
Book and Author
India’s 1st sports marketing book “The Winning Formula for Success” launched by IISM; authored by Vinit Karnik
- India’s leading sports and Management institute, the International Institute of Sports & Management (IISM)in Mumbai, Maharashtra, launched India’s first-ever book on Sports Marketing titled “Business of Sports: The Winning Formula for Success” authored by noted Sports author Vinit Karnik.
- This is the first book in a series to be launched as a part of a knowledge series. The book has been published by Popular Prakashan Pvt. Ltd. The book was released by Bhagat Singh Koshiyari, the Governor of Maharashtra in the presence of Nilesh Kulkarni Founder & Director of IISM.
6 June: World Pest Day
- World Pest Day or World Pest Awareness Day is celebrated every year on June 6 to spread awareness about pest management and its benefits to maintain the quality of life of not only people but also trees and plants.
- World Pest Day was first observed in 2017, at an inaugural ceremony held at the Beijing Hotel on June 6, 2017. The Chinese Pest Control Association had initiated the event.
- Theme 2022: ‘One World – Protecting Global Public Health through Professional Pest Management.’
9 June: World Accreditation Day
- World Accreditation Day is celebrated on 9 June every year globally.
- The aim is to encourage the customers to support the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals. The day was first introduced in 2008.
- World Accreditation Day is a global initiative jointly launched by the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) to highlight the value of accreditation in the economy.
- Theme 2022: “Accreditation: Sustainability in Economic Growth and the Environment.”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs