Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 10th and 11th June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
IGI Airport introduces DigiYatra facility
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) has introduced a new facility DigiYatra to make travel easier.
- DigiYatra allows passengers to enjoy the benefits without having to download the mobile application.
- The initiative has been launched at Terminal 3 and it simplifies the registration process for the passengers into three steps.
- Passengers can use this facility by scanning the boarding pass and face along with presenting identification proof to the security staff deployed near the registration desk.
- Once registered successfully, passengers will be able to experience seamless travel within the terminal, which includes the security check area and the boarding gates.
- DigiYatra is an initiative that uses facial recognition technology to make terminal entry & security clearance at the airport a seamless, hassle-free, and paperless process.
- The platform uses facial recognition technology to verify the identity of flyers.
- It is a decentralised mobile-based ID storage platform where air passengers can save their IDs and travel documents.
- Passengers can use the facility seamlessly, inside the terminal, security check area, and at the boarding gates.
- DigiYatra is a faster, safer, and smoother way of travel.
Haryana CM launches integrated Water Resources Action Plan
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has launched an integrated Water Resources Action Plan-2023-25 under Amrit Jal Kranti at Chandigarh.
- The initiative is aimed at conserving water resources in the state.
- Earlier, the Mera Pani-Meri Virasat Yojana was implemented effectively.
- The action plan has been prepared by all the departments for water conservation in the state.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Piyush Goyal chairs 6th meeting of NTTM
- The 6th Mission Steering Group meeting of the National Technical Textiles Mission (NTTM) was chaired by Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
- It aims to catalyze research and innovation in Technical Textiles in India.
- Ministry of Textiles also approved 20 Research and Development projects worth over 61 crores rupees across key strategic areas of Geotech, Protech, Indutech, Sustainable Textiles, Sportech, Buildtech segments, and Carbon Fibre and Ultra High Molecular Weight Poly Ethylene during the MSG meeting.
Piyush Goyal in News
- Piyush Goyal inaugurated the 1st Session of Massmerize 2023 in New Delhi.
- Piyush Goyal will launch the MAARG platform (Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth)
- Piyush Goyal participated 13th Ministerial Meeting of the India-US Trade Policy Forum in Washington DC, USA
- Piyush Goel launched Portal for mapping of Industrial Units and Laboratories for BIS
- Piyush Goel launched right to repair portal for consumers in New Delhi
Karnataka announces free bus travel ‘Shakti’ scheme for women
- The Karnataka government has advised women to apply for Shakti smart cards to avail the free travel in state-run buses, starting from June 11.
- The government has already issued a set of guidelines on the ‘Shakti’ scheme, which is one of the major poll promises by the Congress party in Karnataka.
- According to the transport department of Karnataka, women can apply for Shakti smart cards through sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in from June 11.
- Government buses in Karnataka ferry about 40 lakh women daily. The number is expected to rise by 10 percent under the free travel scheme, which will cost the government about Rs 4,700 crore per year.
- Capital – Bengaluru
- Chief Minister –Siddaramaiah
- Deputy Chief Minister – DK Shivakumar
- Governor – Thawar Chand Gehlot
UP government cancels all traffic challans between 2017 to 2021
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to cancel all Traffic Chalan for private and commercial vehicle owners pending from 2017 to 2021.
- According to the government, the cancellation applies on challans issued between 1 January 2017, and 31 December 2021, regardless of the vehicle type.
- The cancellation includes cases that are currently pending in various courts.
- The government has issued instructions to all divisional transport offices to remove pending challans from the e-challan portal after receiving the court’s list.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh govt launched ‘Ladli Bahna’ scheme
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched a new scheme for women empowerment in the state level ‘Mukhyamantri Ladli Bahna Yojana’.
- Mukhyamantri Ladli Bahna Yojana aims to make women financially independent, improve their health and nutritional status and increase their role in family decisions.
- Chief Minister inaugurated this scheme by depositing an amount of 1,000 rupees each in the accounts of 1.25 crore women of the state.
- The amount of Ladli Bahna Yojana will be increased upto 2,000 rupees to 3,000 rupees. Now women will not depend on the small requirements of their children from family members.
- The Ladli Bahna Yojana was announced on March 5 this year and in about 35 days more than 1 crore 25 lakh women submitted applications to take advantage of this scheme.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Recent Scheme/Campaign launched by Madhya Pradesh government
- Ladli Bahna scheme
- CM Learn and Earn’ scheme
- Mukhyamantri Sikho Kamao Yojana’
- Chief Minister’s Residential Land Rights scheme
- Ladli Laxmi 2.0
- Launchpad Scheme
- Pankh abhiyan
- Sickle Cell Mission
- Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojna
- Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana
- Urja Saksharta Abhiyan
- Ladli Laxmi scheme-2.0
Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launches ‘SAGAR SAMRIDDHI’
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal has launched an online dredging monitoring system called “Sagar Samriddhi.”
- The “Sagar Samriddhi” system will aid daily and monthly progress visualization, monitor dredger performance and downtime monitoring, and keep track of location data.
- This system has been developed by the National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts (NTCPWC) the technological arm of MoPSW.
- The new technology brings in marked improvement against the old system of Draft & Loading Monitor (DLM) system.
- Currently, Cochin and Mumbai ports have adopted “Sagar Samriddhi” and New Mangalore Port and Deendayal Port are running the system on a trial basis.
- All the major ports and the Inland Waterways Authority of India (lWAl) have been by the ministry to keep track of dredging activity by using the monitoring system.
Recent Inauguration by Sarbananda Sonowal
- Sarbananda Sonowal flags off India’s 1st International Cruise Vessel from Chennai to Sri Lanka
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated “PCIM&H e-Office Portal” and an online portal.
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates National Mission Conclave in Delhi
- Sarbananda Sonowal launched ‘Harit Sagar’ the Green Port Guidelines 2023
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Discovery Campus of National Technology Centre in Chennai
- Sarnbanada Sonowal flags off International Yoga Mahotsav in Dibrugarh
ICAR signed MOU with Amazon Kisan to empower farmers
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi has signed an MoU with Amazon Kisan to combine strengths and create synergy between the two organizations for guiding the farmers on scientific cultivation of different crops for optimum yield and income.
- ICAR will provide technological backstopping to the farmers through Amazon’s network. It will improve farmers’ livelihood and boost crop yield.
- This MoU in farmer’s partnership with Amazon Kisan program will help ensuring access to high-quality fresh produce for consumers across India, including through Amazon Fresh.
- NHPC signs MoU with Maharashtra for renewable energy projects
- Microsoft, AirJaldi Networks collaborate to provide internet access
- IIT-Kharagpur signed MoU with HCL for collaboration in petroleum engineering
- Microsoft joins hands with Skill Development Ministry to train students, teachers
- NTPC Green Energy ties up with HPCL Mittal Energy for green hydrogen
- ICMR signs MoU with AYUSH Ministry for health research in Integrated Medicine
Banking and Financial
Federal Bank launches ‘I am Adyar, Adyar is me’ campaign
- Federal Bank has launched ‘I am Adyar, Adyar is me’ campaign in Chennai.
- The campaign aims to honour and celebrate the local community of Adyar. The Adyar branch of Federal Bank has been converted into a living museum for the campaign.
- The I am Adyar, Adyar is me’ campaign has handpicked 40 compelling stories of individuals, which are showcased in an exclusive exhibition at the Adyar branch of Federal Bank.
- This art exhibition will run for two weeks between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The campaign is a first-of-its-kind micro-marketing initiative in the banking industry, which is aimed to showcase the soul of Adyar, including its people’s struggles and triumphs which make it special.
About Federal Bank
- Federal Bank Limited is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Kochi, Kerala.
- The bank has 1,336 branches spread across different states in India.
- It also has representative offices abroad in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Dubai.
- Founded- 23 April 1931
- Founder- K.P Hormis
- Headquarters – Kochi, Kerala.
- CEO- Shyam Srinivasan
Recent Facilities Launched in Banks & Insurance Sector
- Google Pay launches Aadhaar-based authentication for UPI activation
- HDFC Bank has introduced a new credit card — Millennia — offering cashback.
- Kotak Bank launches Réserve premium account for the super-rich
- Bank of Baroda launches of Interoperable Cardless Cash
- RBI Governor launches Financial Inclusion Dashboard ‘ANTARDRIHSTI’
RBI permits FLDG between fintechs and banks, NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the First Loss Default Guarantee (FLDG) framework, allowing fintech to partner with banks and non-Banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- The central bank has allowed a 5% default loss cover for bank-fintech deals.
- The RBI had earlier specified that banks and NBFCs must abide by securitization norms before entering into any guarantee arrangement.
- Subject to certain guidelines, the RBI has decided to permit arrangements between regulated entities and lending service providers or between two regulated entities involving default loss guarantee.
- The limits are aimed at reining in the risk of large slippages in tie-ups between lenders and fintech.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Ritu Kalra named Harvard’s vice president for finance and CFO
- Investment banking and financial management expert of Indian-American origin, Ritu Kalra has been appointed as the vice president for finance and chief financial officer at Harvard University.
- Kalra is currently serving as the assistant vice president of finance and treasury, as well as a special projects adviser within the university.
- As the vice president for finance and CFO, Kalra will oversee various important areas including research administration, strategic procurement, capital planning, and risk management.
- Leading a dedicated team of over 200 professionals, she will be responsible for managing multiple financial departments.
Recent Appointments of Persons of Indian Origin
- President of World Bank – Ajay Banga (Indian American)
- 1st-ever Indian-origin Lord Mayor of Birmingham – Chaman Lal
- US Ambassador for Global Women’s Issues – Indian-American Geeta Rao Gupta
- Domestic policy advisor in Biden administration – Indian-origin Neera Tandon
- President of World Bank – Indian-Origin Ajay Banga
- Association of American Universities (AAU) Task Force Chairs – Neeli Bendapudi
Anantharaman appointed chairman of TransUnion Cibil
- Credit bureau TransUnion CIBIL has appointed banker V Anantharaman as non-executive chairman.
- Anantharaman takes over from Mr. M V Nair, who served as the chairman for over eleven years.
- Anantharaman has worked in the banking industry for over three decades having led corporate and investment banking teams in leading international firms including Standard Chartered Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, and Bank of America.
- Anantharaman was also a senior advisor to British International Investment (formerly CDC), UK’s Development Finance Institution.
About TransUnion CIBIL
- TransUnion CIBIL is a credit information company operating in India and is part of TransUnion, an American multinational group.
- The company maintains credit files on over 600 million individuals and 32 million businesses.
Recent Appointment in Banking & Insurance Sector
- MD & CEO of UCO Bank – Ashwani Kumar (replace Soma Sankara Prasad)
- MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank – Srikrishnan Hari Hara Sarma
- Part-time chairman of Paytm – Vijay Shekhar (reappointment)
- Deputy MD of IDBI Bank – Jayakumar S. Pillai
- President and COO of Paytm – Bhavesh Gupta
Microsoft launched voice chat feature to Al-powered Bing Chat
- Microsoft has launched a new ‘voice chat’ feature to its Al-powered Bing Chat on the desktop.
- It will help users to talk to the Al chatbot by clicking on the microphone icon in the Bing Chatbox.
- Currently, the voice chat feature supports five languages — English, Japanese, French, German, and Mandarin. The company said it will add more languages soon.
- Bing Chat supports text-to-speech answers, which will respond to your questions in its own voice.
- Founded – 1975
- Founders – Bill Gates and Paul Allen
- Headquarters – Washington DC
- Chairman – Satya Nadella
- CEO – Satya Nadella
- President – Brad Smith
Manchester City becomes most valuable football club in Europe
- Manchester City has become the most valuable football club in Europe after replacing Real Madrid.
- City, who play Inter Milan in Champions League final in Istanbul, came out on top with a valuation of 4.073 billion euros ($4.39 billion)
- Real Madrid’s value was at 4.006 billion euros.
- Manchester City, who were taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, recorded revenue for last season of £613 million ($769.5m), the second-highest revenue figure in English club history after Manchester United’s annual revenues hit £627 million in 2019.
Japanese Tokito Oda becomes Youngest Grand Slam Wheelchair Champion 2023
- Japan’s Tokito Oda defeated top-ranked Alfie Hewett of Britain 6-1, 6-4 in the French Open wheelchair final to become the sport’s youngest Grand Slam champion 2023.
- The 17-year-old is also guaranteed to become the youngest ever world number one in the discipline.
- With this win, he also becomes the sport’s youngest Grand Slam champion.
- While Diede de Groot from Netherlands has secured the 2023 French Open – Wheelchair women’s singles.
- Alfie Hewett and Gordon Reid (Britain) won the Men’s Double title, and Yui Kamiji and Kgothatso Montjane won the Women’s Double title.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|