Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 10th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
PM Modi launched Rs 5000 cr projects in Rajasthan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched multiple projects worth ₹5,000 crore in Rajasthan and asserted that they will lead to further development of the state.
- Modi laid the foundation stone and inaugurated multiple development projects in sectors like road, rail, aviation, health and higher education.
- The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of various projects, including a 350-bedded trauma centre and critical care hospital block at the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur, and seven critical care blocks under the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM) to be developed across the state.
- The centre at the AIIMS will be developed at a cost of more than ₹350 crore
- The facility will bring a holistic approach in the management of trauma and emergency cases by providing multidisciplinary and comprehensive care to patients while critical care blocks across Rajasthan will augment district-level critical care infrastructure.
- Modi also laid the foundation stone for the development of a state-of-the-art new terminal building at the Jodhpur airport costing Rs 480 crore and inaugurated the IIT Jodhpur campus as well.
- The new terminal building will be developed in an area of about 24,000 sqm and will be equipped to provide services to 2,500 passengers during peak hours. It will cater to 35 lakh passengers annually, improving connectivity and boosting tourism in the region.
- Among other projects, he laid the foundation stone of multiple road development projects to be built at a cumulative cost of about ₹1,475 crore and also flagged off two new train services in the state.
Rajasthan CM announces three new districts
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has announced the formation of three new districts in the state — Malpura, Sujangarh, and Kuchman City. Rajasthan will now have 53 districts.
- The new districts were being created to meet the public demand and in accordance with the recommendations of a high-level committee.
- The state government had formed 17 new districts earlier in August this year.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
India & Saudi Arabia tie up for electrical interconnections, green hydrogen
- India and Saudi Arabia have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on securing a green hydrogen supply chain and cooperation on power grid interconnection.
- The MoU was signed in Riyadh by union minister for power and new & renewable energy RK Singh and the Saudi minister of energy Abdulaziz bin Salman Al-Saud on the sidelines of the MENA Climate Week 2023.
- This MoU aims to establish a general framework for cooperation between the two countries in the field of electrical interconnection; exchange of electricity during peak times and emergencies; co-development of projects; co-production of green/clean hydrogen and renewable energy; and also establishing secure, reliable and resilient supply chains of materials used in green/clean hydrogen and the renewable energy sector.
- The MoU comes nearly a month after both countries signed an agreement for cooperation in energy, including in renewable energy, energy efficiency, grid interconnection, strategic petroleum reserves and energy security.
About Saudi Arabia
- Capital- Riyadh
- Currency- Saudi riyal
- Prime minister- Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- India and Argentina signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA).
- US & Vietnam sign deal on semiconductor supply chains
- India and Armenia sign MoU in the field of sharing successful Digital Solutions
- India and Saudi Arabia sign Agreement on Cooperation in Energy Sector
- India and New Zealand signs a MoU to boost cooperation in civil aviation
NLC India secures 810 MW solar photovoltaic project in Rajasthan
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) India Limited, a Navratna Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSE) under the Ministry of Coal, has emerged victorious in securing an 810 MW Solar PV project capacity from Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Nigam Limited (RRVUNL).
- The entire 810 MW capacity was successfully acquired by NLCIL through a tender floated by RRVUNL in December 2022.
- The project is set to be developed at RRVUNL’s 2000 MW Ultra Mega Solar Park in Pugal Tehsil, Bikaner District, Rajasthan.
- The land required for the project and the power evacuation system connected to the State Transmission Utility (STU) will be provided by RVUNL, streamlining the project’s development timeline.
- Notably, this is the largest renewable energy project to be undertaken by NLC India Limited. Once completed, the total power project capacity in Rajasthan will reach 1.36 GW, including 1.1 GW of green power, promoting economies of scale and optimizing fixed costs.
- Benefitting from the abundant solar radiation in Rajasthan, the project is poised to achieve a higher Capacity Utilization Factor (CUF) and generate more than 50 billion units of green power.
Rajasthan govt orders to conduct caste survey
- Close on the heels of Bihar releasing the caste data, the Congress government in Rajasthan ordered a similar caste-based survey to find out the socio-economic status of different sections of society and formulate targeted welfare schemes for them.
- The survey will be conducted with the State government’s own resources.
- As the Social Justice and Empowerment Department issued a notification for the exercise after the State Cabinet’s nod, the survey will continue even after the enforcement of the model code of conduct for the upcoming Assembly election.
- The Census could only be conducted by the Centre, the State government was within its rights to take up the survey of families in which their economic condition would also be revealed.
- Getting information about the population of each caste will be crucial for policy formulation and implementation by the State government.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Hyderabad’s new solar-covered cycle track illuminates the city
- Hyderabad has inaugurated a 23-km long cycle track with a solar roof, much on the lines of the Daejeon and Sejong bike highways in South Korea, making it India’s first solar-covered cycle track.
- Named Healthway, it has two lines. The pink line stretches from
- Nanakramguda to Telangana State Police Academy (TSPA) spanning 8.5 km while the blue line stretches from Narsinghi hub to Kollur spanning 14.5 km.
- The panels have the potential to generate 16MW of electricity, equivalent to powering 32,000 streetlights or illuminating 800 kilometers of city streets.
- 16 MW solar power generating track is the second in the world after South Korea’s solar rooftop-covered track.
- Similar ones are now under construction in Dubai and Switzerland.
Tripura becomes fourth state to implement an E-Cabinet System
- Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha introduced the state’s e-cabinet system, positioning Tripura as the fourth Indian state and the second in the Northeast region to adopt an e-cabinet system.
- The Chief Minister also presided over the first Council of Ministers meeting, conducted entirely without paper.
- After Uttaranchal, Uttar Pradesh, and Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura became the fourth state to adopt the E-Cabinet system. Among the 28 states, Tripura now holds the fourth position.
- In Tripura, several departments have taken the initiative to implement the e-office, ensuring seamless governance. The primary objective of E-Office and E-Cabinet is to alleviate the challenges posed by managing extensive paper records.
- Capital – Agartala
- Chief Minister – Manik Sarkar
- Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
- Festivals – Neermahal water Festival, Poush Sankranti Fair
- Tribes – Tripura/Tripuri, Riang, Jamatia
Prime Minister to inaugurate 9th ‘G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 9th G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit, P-20 in New Delhi on 13th October.
- The two-day P-20 Summit will be held at the newly constructed India International Convention and Expo Center, Yashobhoomi, in Dwarka.
- Within the G20, Parliament 20 (P20) is an engagement group headed by the Parliamentary speakers of G20 countries and it aims at bringing a parliamentary dimension to global governance.
- The main theme of the P20 this year is Parliament for One Earth, One Family, One Future.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated the country’s first high-tech sports training center in Gwalior, MP
- PM Modi launched 27 thousand crore rupee development projects in Chhatisgarh
- PM Modi has launched a week-long program called “Sankalp Saptah” for aspirational blocks in New Delhi.
- PM inaugurated ‘International Lawyers’ Conference 2023’ in New Delhi
- PM Modi laid foundation stone for Lord Shiva-themed Stadium in Varanasi, UP
- PM Modi laid foundation of Sant Ravidas temple in Madhya Pradesh
Israel launches operation ‘Iron Swords’ after Hamas’ surprise attack
- The Israel Defence Forces has launched Operation ‘Iron Swords’ in response to Hamas’s surprise attack on Israel.
- IDF is striking Hamas targets in Gaza. “In response to the barrages of rockets launched by Hamas from Gaza at Israel, the IDF is currently striking Hamas targets in Gaza.
- The Israeli military is fighting Hamas terrorists in different locations in Southern Israel near the border with the Gaza Strip, including the towns of Kfar Aza, Sderot, Sufa, Nahal Oz, Magen, Be’eri and the Re’im military base.
- Operation Iron Swords is Israel’s retaliation for a surprise attack by Hamas, a Palestinian Islamist militant organization on Israel.
- Capital – Jerusalem
- Currency – Sheqel
- President – Isaac Herzog
- Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu
Banking and Financial
SBI Foundation and Villgro Join Forces to Support Entrepreneurship
- SBI Foundation, under its flagship program, SBIF LEAP (Livelihood and Entrepreneurship Accelerator Program) has announced the Innovators for Bharat initiative to provide support to high-impact incubators.
- This initiative will offer support to startups working to address pressing development challenges in the country.
- Under this initiative, the SBI Foundation has recently partnered with Villgro, a social enterprise incubator, for a new program, ‘Innovators For Bharat: Climate Resilient Agricultural Livelihoods’.
- The program, designed to provide incubation support to 15 high-potential startups, aims to create a significant impact on agricultural livelihoods, reduce agriculture’s climate footprint and enhance the resilience of smallholder farmers to climate change.
Yes Bank becomes first lender to offer ‘ONDC Network Gift Card’
- Yes Bank has taken a significant leap forward in the digital commerce space by introducing the ONDC Network Gift Card. This move makes YES Bank the first bank in the country to issue such a card.
- In partnership with the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), this initiative aims to transform the shopping experience for Indian consumers.
- The ONDC Network Gift Card is open for sponsorship and utilization by corporate and individual customers, enabling them to extend thoughtful gestures to their customers, employees, or for their loved ones. This card leverages the Rupay network and offers the flexibility to load up to Rs 10,000.
- The ONDC Network Gift Card is at the forefront of democratizing digital commerce. Unlike traditional gift cards that restrict usage to a specific brand or store, this concept empowers customers to utilize the gift card for purchasing products from any brand and any seller across a wide array of segments.
- This includes food, fashion, handicrafts, electronics, home essentials, health, and wellbeing. This groundbreaking approach eliminates the limitations that have traditionally been associated with gift cards and offers consumers unparalleled freedom of choice.
Recent Facilities Launched in Banking & Insurance Sector
- SBI launches ‘Mobile Handheld Device’ to improve accessibility and convenience.
- PhonePe launched its own app store platform Indus Appstore
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank launched of Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) Using UPI on ATMs
- Axis Bank Launched ‘NEO For Business’ Ban Platform for MSMEs
- Ujjivan SFB launched Maxima Savings Account & Business Maxima Current Account
Tenure of SBI Chairman Dinesh Khara extended till August 2024
- The Government of India extended the tenure of SBI Chairman Dinesh Khara till August 2024.
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended the tenure of State Bank of India (SBI) Chairman Dinesh Khara for a further period beyond October 2023 until he attains the age of 63 years.
- Dinesh Kahra will now retire on 28 August 2024.
- In 1984, Khara started his career in SBI as a probationary officer. He is a postgraduate in commerce and holds an MBA degree in Finance from Delhi University’s Faculty of Management Studies.
- He was also the MD & CEO of SBI Mutual Fund between November 2013 and August 2016. Khara was made MD of SBI in August 2016.
- Khara is also a Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet also extended the tenure of SBI MD Ashwini Tiwari for two years.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Recent Appointment in Banking & Insurance Sector
- Global CEO of PayU – Anirban Mukherjee (replace Laurent Le Moal)
- Executive Director of RBI – Muneesh Kapur
- CMD of General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) – Ramaswamy N
- MD & CEO of South Indian Bank – PR Seshadri
- Part-time chairman of Dhanalakshmi Bank – KN Madhusudanan
Claudia Goldin wins 2023 Nobel Prize in Economics for work on women’s labour market
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the 2023 Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel to Claudia Goldin “for having advanced our understanding of women’s labour market outcomes.”
- Goldin is the 55th recipient of the prize and the third woman to receive the award since its inception in 1969.
- This year’s economic sciences laureate Claudia Goldin showed that female participation in the labor market did not follow an upward trend over a 200-year period, but instead formed a U-shaped curve.”
- Last year, Ben Bernanke, Douglas Diamond, and Philip Dybvig received the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences.
- Claudia Goldin, a professor at Harvard is only the third woman to ever be awarded the economics prize — with just two since it was first awarded in 1969 — Elinor Ostrom in 2009 and Esther Duflo in 2019.
Nobel Prize 2023
Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine 2023
- Katalin Kariko, Drew Weissman
- Purpose – For developing effective mRNA vaccines against COVID
Nobel Prize in Physics 2023
- Pierre Agostini, Ferenc Krausz & Anne L’Huillier
- Purpose – for experimental methods that generate attosecond pulses of light for the study of electro dynamics in matter
Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2023
- Moungi G. Bawendi, Louis E. Brus, Alexei I. Ekimov
- Purpose – for the discovery and synthesis of quantum dots.
Nobel Prize in Literature 2023
- Jon Fosse (Norwegian author)
- Purpose – for his innovative plays and prose which give voice to the unsayable.
Nobel Prize in Peace 2023
- Narges Mohammadi (Iran)
- Purpose – for her fight against the oppression of women in Iran and her fight to promote human rights and freedom for all.
Nobel Prize in Economics 2023
- Claudia Goldin
- Purpose – for having advanced our understanding of women’s labour market outcomes.
Nokia launches first-of-its-kind 6G Lab in Bengaluru
- Nokia has launched a first-of-its-kind 6G Lab in Bengaluru to contribute to the ‘Bharat 6G Vision.
- The lab is expected to accelerate the development of fundamental technologies and innovative use cases underpinned by 6G technology that will address the future needs of both industry and society.
- The lab, which will focus research areas around foundational 6G technologies like Network as a Sensor, and Network Exposure and Automation, will function as a platform for collaboration for industry stakeholders and facilitate the testing of innovative solutions while establishing their potential for commercialization.
David Warner becomes fastest to 1000 ODI World Cup runs
- David Warner became the fastest player is the history of the ICC Men’s ODI World Cup to complete 1000 runs during the match against India at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
- Warner completed the feat within 19 innings, averaging 62 with three half-centuries and four tons since first being a part of the tournament back in 2011.
- He was a part of the Australian World Cup-winning unit in 2015 too.
- The southpaw has a strike rate of 98.12 in ODI World Cups, breaking the joint record held by Sachin Tendulkar and Ab de Villiers in 20 innings.
- Warner has won the Player of the Match award four times in the ODI World Cup, with the highest score of 178 against Afghanistan at home.
India marked 10 Oct as Good Manufacturing Practice Day
- The Indian government in collaboration with the Indian Drugs Manufacturers’ Association (IDMA) has observed the first-ever National Current Good Manufacturing Practice Day (cGMP Day) on 10th October.
- This initiative aims to underscore the importance of adhering to cGMP guidelines in pharmaceutical manufacturing, with a focus on improving product quality and ensuring patient safety.
- This day (10 October) shall be dedicated to entire pharmaceutical industry to create awareness on the cGMP guidelines.
- The image of the Indian pharma industry has been affected badly due to multiple reports of poor-quality cough syrups aboard. Hence, we want to establish GMP rules as a part of our good practices and routine
- There are around 10,500 drug manufacturing units in the country, out of which only 2,000 have WHO GMP certification. Under the proposed amendment in Schedule M of Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945, the Centre has given a period of six months for large companies (with a turnover exceeding ₹250 crore) and 12 months for MSMEs (below ₹250 crore) to implement upgraded GMP standards.
10 October – World Mental Health Day
- World Mental Health Day (WMHD) is observed every year on 10 October.
- The day is dedicated to creating awareness about mental health issues and their preventive measures.
- The theme of World Mental Health Day 2023 is “Mental health is a universal human right.”
- According to WHO, “The purpose of this theme is to improve knowledge, raise awareness and drive actions that promote and protect everyone’s mental health as a universal human right.
- The idea of celebrating a day for mental health awareness was first proposed in 1992 during the World Federation for Mental Health Congress in Cape Town, South Africa. After this proposal got approved, the first ever mental health day was celebrated on 10 October 1992.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|