Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 11th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Indian Army launched single window facility ‘Veerangana Sewa Kendra’
- Indian Army has launched a single window facility named Veerangana Sewa Kendra (VSK) for welfare and grievances redressal of Veer Naris.
- The Indian Army has launched this facility with a motto of “Taking Care of Our Own, No Matter What”.
- The project was inaugurated by President Army Wives Welfare Association at the Directorate of Indian Army Veterans premises located at Delhi Cantt.
- The VSK will be available on VSK will be available as a service to the Indian Army Veterans Portal indianarmyveterans.gov.in.
- The system caters to registering grievances with tracking, monitoring, and regular feedback to the applicant.
Odisha to be made slum-free by 2023 end
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has announced Odisha will be made slum-free by December 2023.
- Patnaik declared Hinjili and Digapahandi towns in Gajman district as “slum-free” and dedicated 707 ‘Biju Adarsh Colonies’ in 33 urban areas
- He also declared that land rights will be given to 2.5 lakh families by next year.
- Tata Steel Foundation will provide technical support for the purpose.
- Over 1.70 lakh families of slum areas in 105 cities and towns have so far been given land rights under the programme.
- Slum-dwellers are being given land rights for their houses in ‘Biju Adarsh Colonies’, being built across
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Piyush Goyal co-chairs India-US CEO Forum
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal has chaired the India-U.S. CEO Forum with U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo through video conferencing.
- This is the sixth time that the forum has been convened since its reconstitution in December 2014.
- CEOs from leading Indian and US-based companies participated in the forum.
India joined Mangrove Alliance for Climate at COP27 in Egypt
- India has joined the Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) at the 27th session of the Conference of the Parties at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
- MAC is an intergovernmental alliance that seeks to expand and hasten the progress toward the conservation and restoration of mangrove ecosystems.
- India is among the first five countries to join the MAC, including Australia, Japan, Spain, and Sri Lanka.
- The alliance will raise global awareness about the role of mangroves as a nature-based climate change solution. It will ensure the rehabilitation of mangrove forests on a global level.
- Capital- Cairo
- Currency- Egyptian pound
- Continent – Africa, Asia
- President – Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
Banking and Financial
NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) has signed an MoU with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to promote and enhance Japanese investments in India.
- JBIC and the Government of India will invest in the India-Japan Fund, which will make equity investments in environmental preservation and low carbon emission strategies.
- The fund will also enhance cooperation between the two countries by investing in strategic partnerships between Japanese and Indian companies and promoting business collaboration across multiple sectors in India.
- NIIFL is an active investor in sustainable and climate-friendly technologies and solutions through its investments in Ayana Renewable Power, IntelliSmart Infrastructure, Ather Energy and the Green Growth Equity Fund.
- Capital – Tokyo
- Currency – Yen
- Prime Minister – Fumio Kishida
Recent Agreement Signed in Banking Sector
- NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
- SIDBI signed an MoU with Bureau of Energy Efficiency to finance green MSMEs
- Mahindra Finance partnered with India Post Payments Bank to boost credit access for customers
- CASHe partnered with IRCTC to launch ‘travel now pay later’ facility
- RBL Bank partnered with BookMyShow to launch ‘Play’ credit card
- IDBI Bank partnered with Vayana Network on supply chain finance
- DBS partnered with sandbox to launch ‘DBS BetterWorld’
- HDFC Bank signed an MoU with Institute of Economic Growth to conduct independent research
- HDFC ERGO to build online insurance platform on Google Cloud
- HDFC Bank partnered with Tata Neu to launch two new credit cards
- Universal Sompo partnered with Repco Home Finance to insure loans
Nirmala Sitharaman approved Sovereign Green Bonds framework
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has approved the final Sovereign Green Bonds framework of India.
- Green bonds are financial instruments that generate proceeds for investment in environmentally sustainable and climate-suitable projects.
- This approval will further strengthen India’s commitment towards its Nationally Determined Contribution targets, adopted under the Paris Agreement. It will help in attracting global and domestic investments in eligible green projects.
- The proceeds generated from the issuance of such bonds will be deployed in Public Sector projects which help in reducing carbon intensity of the economy.
- The Finance Ministry has also constituted a Green Finance Working Committee (GFWC) chaired by Chief Economic Adviser, Government of India.
Appointment and Resignation
Neeraj Chopra becomes ‘Friendship Ambassador’ of Switzerland
- Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra has been appointed as the ‘Friendship Ambassador’ by Switzerland Tourism.
- Objective – To showcase and promote locations in the country to Indian travellers.
- Chopra will share his experiences in the country to showcase it as the ideal destination for outdoors and the best destination for hiking, biking, soft and extreme adventure and of course snow sports.
- He also visited the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, where he donated his gold-winning javelin.
- Since 2017, he has been travelling in Switzerland to participate in competitions.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Lionel Messi – Byju’s
- Yuvraj Singh -T20 World Cup for the Blind
- Sourav Ganguly – Bandhan Bank
- Smriti Mandhana – Gulf Oil Lubricants.
- Rohit Sharma & his wife Ritika Sajdeh – Max Life Insurance
- Punyakoti Dattu Yojana (Karnataka)- Kiccha Sudeep
- Vaani Kapoor – Noise X-Fit 2 smartwatch
- Ravi Shastri – FanCode
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Garuda Aerospace
- Robin Uthappa – Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI)
- Shubman Gill & Ruturaj Gaikwad – My11Circle
- Rishabh Pant – Dish TV India
- Jhulan Goswami -All Women Match Official Team
- Rishabh Pant – Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador
- Jasprit Bumrah- Unix
- Ravindra Jadeja – Kinara Capital
- Smriti Mandhana – IIT Madras incubated startup, GUVI
- Saurav Ganguly – Century LED
- Rahul Dravid – PLAETO
NFDB awarded India Agribusiness Awards 2022
- National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) Hyderabad has been awarded India Agribusiness Awards 2022 in the category of Best Agribusiness under the Fisheries Sector at the ‘AgroWorld 2022’.
- NFDB comes under the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Gol.
- While Haryana has received the ‘India Agribusiness Awards 2022’ in the best state category for their contribution in the areas of agriculture.
- AgroWorld 2022– India International Agro Trade and Technology Fair – 2022 has organized at Indian Agriculture Research Institute, Pusa Campus, New Delhi.
- Bailey K. Ashford Medal 2022 – First Indian scientist Dr. Subhash Babu
- Fellow of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (FASTMH) award 2022 – First Indian scientist Dr. Subhash Babu
- International Kannadiga Rathna award – YKC Wadiyar
- Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman 2022 – Ajit Doval, Bipin Rawat, Prasoon Joshi, Girish Chandra Tiwari, Viren Dangwal
- Chevalier Award by French government – Aruna Sairam
Arfa Sherwani & Ajit Anjum received Kuldip Nayar Patrakarita Samman Award 2022
- The Gandhi Peace Foundation has announced that the prestigious Kuldip Nayar Patrakarita Samman for 2022 to Arfa Khanum Sherwani (The Wire’s senior editor) and Ajit Anjum (Independent Journalist and YouTuber).
- The announcement was made at a press conference held at New Delhi’s Press Club of India by the well-known academic and author, Ashis Nandy.
- Ravish Kumar was the first person who was honoured with this award in 2017, followed by Marathi journalist Nikhil Wagle.
- Ezhuthachan Award 2022 by Kerala govt. – Noted Malayalam writer Sethu
- First Kerala Jyothi – M T Vasudevan Nair
- SKOCH Award 2022 – West Bengal’s Lakshmir Bhandar scheme
- Friends of Liberation War award – Former US Senator Edward M Kennedy by Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina
- Best International Film at Saturn Awards 2022 – RRR
Virat Kohli becomes the first to score 4000 T201 runs
- India star Virat Kohli has scripted history as he became the first batter in history to reach 4000 runs in T20 Internationals.
- Kohli reached the landmark in the second semi-final of the T20 World Cup 2022 against England in Adelaide.
- He was also the first to breach the 3000 run mark in the shortest format for India.
- Lara had scored 940 runs off 15 innings at the venue while Kohli crossed the 950 run mark in his 15th outing.
- He also leaped past Brian Lara.
Uttar Pradesh to host 2023 Khelo India National University games
- The third edition of the Khelo India National University Games 2023-24 will be held in four cities of Uttar Pradesh.
- These cities are Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, and Noida.
- After Odisha and Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh has got the opportunity to host the National University Games for the first time.
- UP’s Additional Chief Secretary Navneet Sehgal announced that around 4,500 athletes will represent 150 universities across the country will be vying for top honours in 20 disciplines, including rowing, basketball, judo, kabaddi, wrestling, swimming, boxing, etc.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
11 November – Armistice Day
- Remembrance Day, also known as Armistice Day, is observed every year on November 11 to remember those who died in World War I.
- Armistice Day also remembers all those who sacrificed their lives in the First World War and other conflicts that followed it. In the four-year-long gruesome war, millions sacrificed their lives, including more than 74,000 Indian soldiers.
- For those who don’t know, the first Great War ended ‘at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month’, and therefore Remembrance Day is celebrated every year on 11 November.
- On 11 November 1918, at 11 am, the Armistice began, which was an agreement to end the fighting in World War I. This was a prelude to peace negotiations.
- Initiated by King George V, Remembrance Day was first observed in 1919 throughout the British Commonwealth at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
11 November – National Education Day
- National Education Day is observed every year on 11 November to honor the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- Theme 2022 – Changing Course, Transforming Education.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad served as the first Minister of Education of independent India from 1947 to 1958 in Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s cabinet.
- Azad laid the foundation of India’s education system and to recognize his efforts, November 11 was chosen as National Education Day.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|