Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 11th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
India re-elected as President of the Asia-Pacific Institute
- India has been elected as President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development General Conference (AIBD GC) for the 3rd successive term to lead the prestigious international organization.
- India had already served two terms as President from 2018–2021 and 2021–2023.
- This milestone has happened for the first time in the history of AIBD, which is a 50-year-old organization and this indicates the confidence of the broadcasting organizations across the Asia Pacific and the world that India can show the way, lead the way in providing a new value of broadcasting.
- AIBD, established in 1977 under the auspices of UNESCO, is a unique regional inter-governmental organization, that currently has 92 member organizations from across 44 countries, including 26 Government Members (countries) represented by 48 broadcasting authorities and broadcasters, and 44 Affiliates (organizations) of which represented by 28 countries and regions in Asia, Pacific, Europe, Africa, Arab States and North America.
- India is one of the founding members of AIBD and Prasar Bharati, India’s public service broadcaster is the representative body of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India at AIBD.
16th Agricultural Science Congress begins in Kochi
- In Kerala, the 16th Agricultural Science Congress begins in Kochi.
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala inaugurated this four-day event.
- The primary aim of the meet, organized by the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, is to generate a scientific discourse around transforming India’s agri-food systems into sustainable enterprises, to facilitate its benefits for future generations.
- Kerala is hosting the event for the first time.
NITI Aayog organized State Workshop on Women-Led Development in Goa
- The inaugural edition of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) – NITI Aayog State Workshop Series on Enabling Women-led Development through Entrepreneurship has been organized at CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) Auditorium, Goa.
- The workshop was held in collaboration with the Government of Goa with a focus on the western region of the country.
- The primary focus was deliberating on a hub-and-spoke model aimed at extending women-led development to grassroots levels, covering the last mile.
- The workshop recorded over 500 participants, including women entrepreneurs, local self-help groups (SHGs) and clusters, government officials, industry representatives, incubators/accelerators, financial institutions, philanthropic foundations, and more.
Air India commissions mega warehouse facility in Delhi
- Air India has commissioned a mega warehouse facility in Delhi for storing over 1,000,000 engineering spares for aircraft maintenance.
- Spread across 54,000 square feet and located near Terminal 3, at Delhi Airport’s cargo complex, the centralized warehousing facility will improve the turnaround time of flights operating out of Delhi.
- The facility will offer a one-stop solution for storing aircraft spares, tools, and ground support equipment ranging from hardware to sophisticated and complex avionics, hydraulics, structural, pneumatic, and mechanical components.
- This facility will not only boost Air India’s fleet and operational efficiency but will also strengthen India’s aviation ecosystem.
- The warehouse will offer us more proximate access to and better control over our aircraft spares enabling us to meet any engineering requirement promptly — leading to improved punctuality of flights.
Uttar Pradesh declares Dolphin as State Aquatic Animal
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has declared the Gangetic Dolphin as the state aquatic animal.
- CM Yogi emphasized the need to maintain the purity of ponds and rivers. These dolphins are found in rivers like Ganga, Yamuna, Chambal, Ghaghra, Rapti, and Gerua.
- The estimated population of Gangetic dolphins in Uttar Pradesh is estimated at around 2000.
- Teams of the World-Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and Forest Department have been recently counting dolphins with the help of GPS in Garh Ganga at the Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh.
- These dolphins are found in rivers like Ganga, Yamuna, Chambal, Ghaghra, Rapti, and Gerua.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
India and Tanzania agree on 5-year roadmap for defence cooperation
- India and Tanzania have agreed on a five-year roadmap to significantly expand defence cooperation following talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan.
- The two countries inked six agreements providing for cooperation in the digital domain, culture, sports, maritime industries and white shipping information sharing.
- Both sides were also working on an agreement to increase trade in local currencies. He described India and Tanzania as important partners for trade and investment.
- Capital– Dodoma
- Currency– Tanzanian shilling
- President- Samia Suluhu Hassan
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- India & Saudi Arabia tie up for electrical interconnections, green hydrogen
- India and Argentina signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA).
- US & Vietnam sign deal on semiconductor supply chains
- India and Armenia sign MoU in the field of sharing successful Digital Solutions
- India and Saudi Arabia sign Agreement on Cooperation in Energy Sector
- India and New Zealand signs a MoU to boost cooperation in civil aviation
President Murmu inaugurated International Research Conference
- President Droupadi Murmu has inaugurated the International Research Conference on Just and Resilient Agri-Food Systems organized in New Delhi.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research and Consultative Group on International Agri-Research Gender Platform are going to host this conference.
- It is titled “From Research to Impact Towards Just and Resilient Agri-food Systems”
- The conference addressed the gender and social inequalities that lie at the heart of food systems. The conference aims to promote the sharing of cutting-edge knowledge on gender and inclusion in agri-food systems to help bridge the gap between research and practice and foster gender-equal and socially inclusive, resilient food system.
President Murmu in News
- President Murmu inaugurated first Uttar Pradesh International Trade Show in Noida
- President Murmu launched Ayushman Bhav campaign aimed at achieving Universal Health Coverage for all.
- President Murmu confers National Teachers’ Award for 2023 on 75 teachers
- President Murmu unveiled the statue of Mahatma Gandhi and ‘Gandhi Vatika’ in New Delhi
- President Murmu launches advanced frigate Vindhyagiri in banks of Hooghly River, Kolkata
Sri Lanka hosts IORA Council of Ministers meeting in Colombo
- Sri Lanka has assumed the Chairmanship of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) during the 23rd Council of Ministers meeting held in Colombo.
- The association’s member states will hold discussions on collaboration in various sectors, including trade and investment, maritime safety and security, fisheries management, disaster risk management, and the blue economy, among others.
- Sri Lanka will hold the chairmanship of the association from 2023 to 2025, with the Foreign Minister of Bangladesh ceremoniously handing over the chairmanship to Sri Lanka’s Foreign Minister M.U.M. Ali Sabry.
- The IORA, an intergovernmental organization established in 1997, comprises 23 member states and 11 dialogue partners hailing from regions surrounding the Indian Ocean.
About Sri Lanka
- Legislative capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Executive and Judicial capital – Colombo
- Currency – Sri Lankan rupee
- President – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Prime Minister – Dinesh Gunawardena
Banking and Financial
Indian Navy & SBI launches unique NAV-eCash card for online transactions
- Indian Navy and the State Bank of India have launched the ‘Nav-eCash’ card, a unique e-cash card that can work in both online and offline mode.
- India is leading the world with over 100 billion digital financial transactions being recorded annually and the number is steadily growing.
- This is a giant step as India eyes complete Self-reliance and digital transformation. The SBI Nav-eCash card will be implemented pan Navy.
- This system is ready for implementation in every domain where there are restrictions on real-time internet connectivity or internet usage or there is non-availability of internet due to being in a remote location.
GST Council hikes age limit for Appellate Tribunals’ president
- The tenure of the president of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT) has been increased to 70 years of age from 67 years earlier, revealed the GST Council in its 52nd meeting.
- The Council also added that the members can hold their post till they attain the age of 67 years as opposed to 65 years earlier.
- The minimum age for the president and members has been set to 50 years by the Council. Finance Minister Niramala Sitharaman pointed out that the advocates should have a minimum experience of 10 years to become judicial members.
- The Council also provided a GST exemption on flour containing 70% of millet. The Council also decided to reduce the GST levied on molasses to 5% from 18% earlier. The Council also provided an exemption on alcohol for human consumption.
JioMart ropes in MS Dhoni as brand ambassador
- Reliance Retail’s JioMart has signed up Mahendra Singh Dhoni as its brand ambassador.
- Dhoni’s association comes alongside the rebranding of their festive campaign JioMart to “JioUtsav, Celebrations of India.
- The JioUtsav campaign is designed to celebrate India’s vibrant culture, its people, and the various festivals that mark the country’s calendar.
- The campaign encourages everyone to celebrate all occasions of happiness, festivities, and special moments with loved ones. It positions shopping as an integral part of these celebrations, highlighting JioMart as the go-to platform for all shopping needs.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Katrina Kaif – Uniqlo India
- Hrithik Roshan – Exxon Mobilil
- Anushka Sharma – Women’s fashion brand ‘W’
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Swaraj Tractors
- Chef Sanjeev Kapoor – Indian Oil ‘s XTRATEJ LPG brand
- Iga Swiatek – Infosys’s Global Brand Ambassador
Indian Navy hosts HADR CHAKRAVAT Exercise 2023
- The annual Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief ‘Chakrawat’ exercise began in Goa. It is a three-day event organized by the Indian Navy.
- The ‘CHAKRAVAT’ 9 exercise involves the participation of the three-armed forces, paramilitary forces and several disaster response organizations.
- The annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise CHAKRAVAT was initiated as a result of the Prime Minister’s directive during the Joint Commanders’ Conference in 2015.
- CHAKRAVAT is an annual joint HADR exercise involving the participation of all three services (Army, Navy, Air Force), paramilitary forces, disaster response organizations, NGOs, academic institutions and international organizations.
- In the 2023 edition, eight countries from the Indian Ocean region are also participating, with the aim of coordinating efforts at the national level.
- 11th edition of SAMPRITI between India and Bangladesh – Umroi, Meghalaya
- 30th edition of SIMBEX between Indian Navy and Singapore Navy – South China Sea.
- 21st edition of Varuna 2023 between Indian Navy and French Navy – Arabian Sea
- 5th edition of AUSINDEX-23 between Indian Navy and the Royal Australian Navy – Sydney, Australia,
- Exercise Bright Star-23 among US, Saudi Arabia, Greece, Qatar & India– Cairo Air Base, Egypt
Ayodhya to host National Archery Championship in November 2023
- The Senior National Archery Championship will be held in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh from 25 to 30 November 2023.
- The championship will feature individual, team, and mixed team events under Indian, recurve, and compound rounds.
- The competition will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on November 25.
- Union sports minister Anurag Thakur will participate in the closing ceremony.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Iran’s Shadloui becomes costliest player in Pro Kabaddi League auction at ₹2.35 Crore
- Iran’s Mohammadreza Shadloui Chiyaneh emerged as the costliest player in the history of the Pro Kabaddi League auction after he was bought for Rs 2.35 crore by Puneri Paltan.This made him the league’s most expensive foreign player, overtaking Fazel Atrachali’s previous price of ₹1.38 crore last year with Puneri Paltan.
- While India’s Maninder Singh was roped in by Bengal Warriors for Rs 2.12 crore.
- A total of 137 matches will be played in the 10th edition of PKL. As many as 132 league stage matches will be followed by the playoff comprising five matches — two eliminators, two semifinals and the final.
Books and Author
Vivek Agnihotri launches his latest book ‘The Book of Life’
- Vivek Agnihotri, director of The Kashmir Files, has launched his latest book, “The Book of Life: My Dance with Buddha for Success” in Lucknow.
- He also directed a medical drama film ‘The Vaccine War’ in 2023.
- Balram Bhargava is the writer of the book on which the movie is based.
- Bhargava’s book, ‘Going Viral – Making of Covaxin: The Inside Story’, documents his experiences.
- The Day I Became a Runner – S Chattopadhyay
- Tales from the Home of Wags & Wiggles – V Raghavan
- The Autobiography of God – Leena Kumar
- The Fire on the Ganges: Life Among the Dead in Banaras – Radhika Iyengar
- Irrfan: A life in Movies – Shubhra Gupta
11 October – International Day of the Girl Child
- The International Day of the Girl is observed every year on October 11.
- Objective – To raise awareness about gender inequality and advocate for the rights and empowerment of girls.
- Theme 2023 – Invest in Girls’ Rights: Our Leadership, Our Well-being
- The concept of recognizing the rights of girls started to take shape in 1995 at the World Conference on Women in Beijing, China. Later, on December 18, 2011, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) declared October 11 to be observed as the International Day of the Girl Child to recognize the challenges that girls face across the world.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|