Daily Current Affairs 12th and 13th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
India signed MoU with Cambodia in the areas of culture, wildlife, health
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar and Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen have exchanged 4 MoUs signed in areas of culture, wildlife and health.
- These included one in the field of health and medicine between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India and the Ministry of Health, Cambodia.
- The second MoU was signed regarding the reintroduction of tigers in Cambodia.
- The Third MoU was signed between IIT Jodhpur and the Institute of Technology Cambodia in the field of Research, Development and Application of Technology for Digital Documentation of Cultural Heritage.
- The Fourth MoU was signed on Financing Agreement on Conservation and Preservation of Wat Raja Bo Pagoda Paintings in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- Capital- Phnom Penh
- Currency- Cambodian riel
- Prime Minister – Hun Sen (since 1985)
Recent MoUs signed by India with other countries
- Maldives signed an MoU with India for Hanimaadhoo International Airport Development Projects
- India signed an agreement with Armenia to export missiles, rockets & ammunition
- India signed an MoU with Iran for smooth movement of seafarers
- India & UAE signed an MoU to establish Cultural Council Forum
- India signed an MoU with Maldives for cooperation in disaster management
- India signed an MoU with UAE for cooperation in education sector
- India and Madagascar signed an MoU on training of diplomats
- India signed an agreement with Egypt to further defence cooperation
Nitin Gadkari announced new projects of Rs1.6 lakh cr in North-East
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has announced new projects of 1.6 lakh crores rupees in the North-East India region.
- These projects include Roads, Ropeways, and major Bridges across the river Brahmaputra and other water bodies, and multi-modal logistics parks had been also proposed at Udaipur in Tripura and Silchar in Assam.
- The union minister approved a slew of new road projects, valued at ₹68,000 crore, in four Northeastern states to make international standard surface connectivity.
- New projects worth ₹50,000 crore for Assam, ₹9,000 crore for Meghalaya, ₹5,000 crore for Nagaland and ₹4,000 crore for Sikkim were approved. Our aim is to change the entire scenario of road transport in NE by 2024.
- Northeast states – Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim.
- Guwahati is called the Gateway to the North East.
PM flags off south India’s first Vande Bharat Express train
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off the Chennai-Mysuru Vande Bharat Express at Kranthiveera Sangolli Rayanna (KSR) Railway Station in Bengaluru.
- This is the fifth Vande Bharat Express in the country and the first such train in south India.
- It will enhance connectivity between the industrial hub of Chennai and the Tech and Startup hub of Bengaluru and the famous tourist city of Mysuru.
- PM Modi also flagged Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan Train at the KSR railway station.
- Karnataka is the first state to take up this train under the Bharat Gaurav scheme in which the Government of Karnataka and the Ministry of Railways are working together to send pilgrims from Karnataka to Kashi.
- The pilgrims will be provided comfortable stay and guidance for visiting Kashi, Ayodhya and Prayagraj.
- The Vande Bharat Express is part of the 75 such trains expected to be running all across India by the end of 2023.
- Vande Bharat has a maximum commercial speed of 160 km/h.
Recent Inauguration by PM Modi
- PM Modi inaugurated AIIMS in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
- PM Modi inaugurated 4th Vande Bharat Express in Himachal Pradesh
- PM Modi inaugurated Shri Mahakal Lok complex in Ujjain
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of two hydropower projects in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh
- PM Modi inaugurated PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 in New Delhi
- PM Modi dedicated 75 Digital Banking Units to the nation
PM Modi unveiled 108-feet tall statue at Bengaluru
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a 108-feet tall bronze statue of Sri Nadaprabhu Kempegowda in Bengaluru.
- The ‘Statue of Prosperity’ was built to commemorate the contribution of Nadaprabhu Kempegowda, the founder of Bengaluru.
- Conceptualized and sculpted by Ram V Sutar of the Statue of Unity fame, 98 tonnes of bronze and 120 tonnes of steel have gone into making this statue.
- Earlier, PM Modi flagged off Chennai-Mysuru Vande Bharat Express at Kranthiveera Sangolli Rayanna (KSR) Railway Station in Bengaluru.
- He also flagged Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan Train at KSR railway station in Bengaluru.
Recent Inauguration by PM Modi
- PM Modi launched new strategic air base in Gujarat’s Deesa
- PM Modi launched Mission LIFE movement at Kevadiya
- PM Modi laid foundation stone over Rs 3,400 crore in Chamoli, Uttarakhand
- PM Modi has laid the foundation stone for a plant in Vadodara that will manufacture the C-295 transport aircraft.
- PM Modi inaugurated Maze Garden, ‘OYO Ekta Houseboat’ Miyawaki’ forest in Gujarat.
- PM Modi laid foundation stone of projects worth 860 cr in Gujarat
- PM Modi declared Mangarh Dham national monument in Rajasthan.
Bhopal Railway Station gets 4-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certificate
- The Food Safety and Standard Association of India (FSSAI) has awarded Bhopal Railway Station a 4-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing ‘” high-quality, nutritious food to passengers”.
- Railway stations are awarded the certificate after an FSSAI-empaneled third-party audit agency rates them on a scale of 1 to 5 for food storage and hygiene practices.
- Chandigarh Railway station was the fifth Indian railway station to receive a 5-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification in September 2021.
- The other railway stations with this certification include Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station; (Delhi), Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus; (Mumbai), Mumbai Central Railway Station; (Mumbai), and Vadodara Railway Station.
R K Singh launched the Green Energy Open Access Portal
- Union Power Minister RK Singh has launched the Green Energy Open Access portal to increase the purchase of renewable energy in the country.
- The portal will allow electricity consumers having sanctioned load of 100 kW or above to get supply of renewables.
- Under the new system, any consumer with a sanctioned load of 100 kW or more can get renewable energy through open access portal from any renewable energy generating plant set up by himself or by any developer.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament in Dhenkanal in Odisha.
- Virendra Kumar has inaugurated the SHILP SAMAGAM-2022 in New Delhi.
- Kishan Reddy inaugurated the sixth edition of Ganga Utsav 2022 in New Delhi.
- Rajnath Singh launched ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ website
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
Banking and Financial
Moody’s cuts India’s growth forecast for 2022 to 7% from 7.7%
- Global rating agency Moody’s Investors Service has slashed India’s economic growth forecast for 2022 to 7% from 7.7% estimated earlier.
- Reason – In view of the tightening monetary policy environment, uneven distribution of monsoon, higher inflation, and slowing global growth
- This is the second time in as many months that Moody’s Investors Service has cut India’s growth estimates for 2022.
- In September, it had cut projection for the year 2022 to 7.7% from 8.8% pegged in May.
- It projected GDP growth of G-20 economies to decelerate to 1.3 percent in 2023, significantly lower than its previous estimate of 2.1 percent.
- The Asian Development Bank too has cut its projection to 7%, from 7.5% earlier.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 6.5% (FY23), 7.1% (FY24)
- MOODY’S. – 7% (FY23)
- S&P – 7.3% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.8% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 7.2% (FY24)
- RBI – 7% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23), 6.4% (FY24)
- OECD – 6.9% (FY23), 6.2% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7.3% (FY23)
- NSO – 8.7%. Q4 – 4.1% (FY23)
- SBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
- Nomura – 7.2% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
Appointment and Resignation
Greg Barclay re-elected as Chairman of ICC for 2 year
- The ICC board has unanimously re-elected Greg Barclay as the Independent Chair of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a second two-year term.
- Barclay was originally appointed as the ICC Chair in November 2020.
- He was previously the Chair of New Zealand Cricket (NZC) and was a director of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2015.
- Lieutenant Governor of Maryland – First Indian American Aruna Miller
- Chairman of National Monuments Authority (NMA) – Prof. Kishor Basa
- Chairperson of 22nd Law Commission of India – Former Karnataka HC Chief Justice Rituraj Awasthi
- Deputy Chair of GSMA – Gopal Vittal
- Honorary Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) – Amit Dasgupta
- President of International Hockey Federation – Tayyab Ikram
About International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Formation – 15 June 1909
- Headquarters – Dubai, UAE
- Chairman – Greg Barclay (New Zealand)
- Deputy Chairman – Imran Khwaja (Singapore)
- CEO – Geoff Allardice (Australia)
- General Manager – Wasim Khan
- Membership – 108 members
Madhu Kankariya & Madhav Hada awarded the Bihari Puraskar
- Noted writers Madhu Kankariya and Dr. Madhav Hada have been awarded the 31st and 32nd Bihari Puraskar, respectively.
- Kankariya has been awarded for her 2018 novel ‘Hum Yahan The’ while Hada has been awarded for his 2015 book ‘Pachrang Chola Pahar Sakhi Ri’.
- Bihari Puraskar is given every year for an outstanding work published in the last 10 years in Hindi or Rajasthani.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Named after the famous poet Bihari, the award for Rajasthani authors carries a cash prize of ₹2.5 lakh, a plaque, and a citation.
- Kuldip Nayar Patrakarita Samman Award 2022 – Arfa Sherwani & Ajit Anjum
- Bailey K. Ashford Medal 2022 – First Indian scientist Dr. Subhash Babu
- Fellow of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (FASTMH) award 2022 – First Indian scientist Dr. Subhash Babu
- International Kannadiga Rathna award – YKC Wadiyar
- Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman 2022 – Ajit Doval, Bipin Rawat, Prasoon Joshi, Girish Chandra Tiwari, Viren Dangwal
Nobel laureate Venki Ramakrishnan awarded UK’s royal Order of Merit
- Indian-origin Nobel laureate Professor Venki Ramakrishnan has been awarded the prestigious Order of Merit by Britain’s King Charles III in recognition of his distinguished service to science.
- He received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2009 for his work on ribosomal structure and was knighted by the Queen in 2012.
- He was President of the UK’s Royal Society from November 2015 until November 2020.
- The Order of Merit is an exclusive mark of honour conferred by the British sovereign.
- The Order of Merit, founded in 1902 by King Edward VII, is conferred on individuals of exceptional distinction in the armed forces, science, arts, and literature, or for the promotion of culture based on the personal choice of the monarch.
- Chevalier Award by French government – Aruna Sairam
- Ezhuthachan Award 2022 by Kerala govt. – Noted Malayalam writer Sethu
- First Kerala Jyothi – M T Vasudevan Nair
- SKOCH Award 2022 – West Bengal’s Lakshmir Bhandar scheme
- Friends of Liberation War award – Former US Senator Edward M Kennedy by Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina
- Best International Film at Saturn Awards 2022 – RRR
Asian Boxing Championships 2022: Lovlina, Parveen, Saweety and Alfiya won gold
- Indian boxers Lovlina Borgohain, Parveen Hooda, Saweety, and Alfiya Pathan have won gold medals at the Asian Boxing Championships 2022 in Amman, Jordan.
- Alfiya Khan bagged a gold in the 81 plus weight category at the Asian Boxing Championship in Amman, Jordan.
- Indian boxer Lovlina Borgohain won the gold medal at the Asian Boxing Championship in the 75kg category.
- She won the gold medal after beating Uzbekistan’s Ruzmetova Sokhiba.
- 22-year-old Parveen Hooda also clinched the gold medal in the 63 kg category by defeating Japan’s Kito Mai.
- Saweety defeated Gulsaya Yerzhan of Kazakhstan 5-0 by unanimous decision, to win gold.
- Minakshi concluded her maiden Asian Championships campaign by clinching a silver medal in the flyweight division.
England beats Pakistan in T20 World Cup 2022
- England won the T20 World Cup 2022 trophy by defeating Pakistan by 5 wickets at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) Australia.
- Ben Stokes scored an unbeaten 52 off 49 balls to guide England to a 5-wicket win over Pakistan in the final match of the T20 World Cup 2022.
- Sam Curran was named the player of the match (3 wickets for just 12 runs) and also the player of the tournament (12 wickets in six matches).
- Champions England have received a staggering sum of $1.6 million while the Babar-led Pakistan side has been awarded $800,000 for finishing runners-up in Australia.
- Semi-finalists Team India and New Zealand have received $400,000 each from the $5.6 million total prize pool at the T20 World Cup 2022.
- The eighth edition of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup has played in 2022. Australia is the hosting country for the T20 World Cup.
- England was the winner of the T20 World Cup 2010.
ICC’s Upcoming Event
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 (8th edition) – Australia
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 (9th edition) – USA & West Indies
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 (10th edition) – India & Sri Lanka
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2028 (11th edition) – Australia & New Zealand
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2030 (12th edition) – England, Ireland & Scotland
- ICC Men’s Champions Trophy 2025 – Pakistan
- ICC Men’s Champions Trophy 2029 – India
- ICC Men’s 50 over World Cup 2023 (13th edition) – India
- ICC Men’s 50 over World Cup 2027 (14th edition) – South Africa, Zimbabwe & Namibia
- ICC Men’s 50 over World Cup 2031 (15th edition) – India & Bangladesh
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024 – Bangladesh
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2026 – England
- ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2025 – India
- ICC Women’s T20 Champions Trophy 2027 – Sri Lanka
12 November – World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day is observed every year on 12 November.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the complications and issues regarding the disease.
- Theme 2022 – Championing the fight against pneumonia
- World Pneumonia Day was created in 2009 by the Global Coalition Against Child Pneumonia.
- Pneumonia is a severe respiratory illness that affects the lungs and aggravates the lungs’ air sacs. This occurs when the lungs get clogged with liquid or discharge, leading to shortness of breath.
12 November – Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated on 12th November every year to commemorate the only visit of Mahatma Gandhi to All India Radio in Delhi in 1947.
- The Father of the Nation addressed the displaced people, who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
13 November – World Kindness Day
- World Kindness Day is celebrated every year on November 13 to celebrate acts of kindness, compassion, and humanity.
- The World Kindness Movement hosted the first conference in Tokyo, Japan with an aim to bring like-minded organizations together who believe kindness is an act of compassion and hence everyone should adopt it.
- This initiative led to the beginning of World Kindness Day. In 1997, the World Kindness Movement hosted the first conference in Tokyo, Japan.
- It was in 1998, that World Kindness Day became an annual observance.
Renowned mathematician RL Kashyap passed away
- Renowned mathematician and great scholar Padma Shri Awardee Shri RL Kashyap passed away.
- RL Kashyap translated around twenty-five thousand Sanskrit mantras into English language.
- Kashyap received many international awards for his immense contributions to the fields of science and technology. Kashyap also wrote more than 250 research papers.
- RL Kashyap worked as a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computers for three decades at Purdue University in America.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2021 by the central government for his considerable service in the field of studying the Vedas.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|