Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 12th and 13th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
THDC India inks pact to develop renewable energy projects in Karnataka
- THDC India Ltd is planning to set up 3,270 megawatts of clean energy projects, including pumped storage and floating solar, in Karnataka.
- In this regard, the Uttarakhand-based company signed two Memorandum of Understanding with Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) and Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Limited (KREDL) in Bengaluru.
- These collaborative efforts encompass the development of a diverse range of projects, spanning ground-mounted, floating solar projects, and hybrid projects including pumped storage projects (PSPs) with a cumulative capacity of around 3,270 MW.
- THDCIL has a portfolio of 10 projects (hydro, thermal, wind & solar) with a total capacity of 4,516 MW
- THDC India inks pact to develop renewable energy projects in Karnataka
- IBM inks 3 pacts with IT Ministry on semiconductor, Al, Q-computing
- SUN Mobility partners with Bluwheelz to deploy over 16,000 EVs
- India Global Forum signs with World Governments Summit to develop an Emerging Economies Programme
- DMRC sign with BEL to develop Communication Based Train Control system
New Delhi to host 33rd Conference on World Animal Health
- The 33rd Conference of the World Organization for Animal Health (WOAH) Regional Commission for Asia and Pacific will begin in New Delhi.
- The delegates from 36 member countries including India, senior officers from regional and international organizations, and representatives from the private sector and private veterinary organizations will participate in the conference.
- The challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic emphasize the crucial role of scientific expertise in assessing risks at the human-animal-environment interface.
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala will inaugurate the four-day conference. The decision to host this event was made during the 90th General Session of the World Assembly of Delegates of the WOAH in Paris in May this year.
Mika becomes world’s first robot CEO
- In the era where many workers are worrying about artificial intelligence (AI) replacing their jobs, one company has announced that it is hiring the first humanoid robot chief executive officer (CEO).
- Dictador, a spirit brand based in Colombia’s Cartagena, has gone viral for appointing Mika, who is manifested as a robot.
- Mika is a research project between Hanson Robotics and Dictador. It has been customised to represent company value. Hanson Robotics also created Sophia, the popular humanoid robot.
- At the event, Mika said, “My presence on this stage is purely symbolic. In reality, conferring an honorary professor title upon me is a tribute to the greatness of the human mind in which the idea of artificial intelligence was born. It is also a recognition of the courage and open-mindedness of the owner of Dictador, who entrusted his company to a humble spokesperson with a processor instead of a heart.
Banking and Financial
Moody’s retains India’s 2023 growth forecast at 6.7%
- Moody’s Investors Service retained India’s economic growth forecast for 2023 at 6.7 percent and said strong domestic demand will likely sustain the growth in the near term.
- With exports remaining weak against an unfavourable global economic backdrop, Moody’s in its Global Macroeconomic Outlook 2024-25 said sustained domestic demand growth is propelling India’s economy.
- Moody’s expects India’s real GDP to grow about 6.7 percent in 2023, 6.1 percent in 2024 and 6.3 percent in 2025.
- India’s real GDP rose 7.8 percent year-over-year in June quarter, up from 6.1 percent in March quarter and bolstered by a 6 percent increase in household consumption and solid capital expenditure and service sector activity.
Updated GDP List
- UBS – 6.3 % (FY24)
- World Economic Outlook by IMF – 7.2% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- Economic Survey –7% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- World Bank – 6.9% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.4% (FY25), 6.5% (FY26)
- Moody– 6.7% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- NACER – 7.4% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- S&P – 6% (FY24), 6.9% (FY25), 6.9% (FY26), 7% (FY27)
- ICRA – 6.9% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.3% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.7% (FY25)
- RBI – 6.8% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
SIDBI launches ‘Sumpoorn’ MSME Economic Activity Index with Jocata
- A digital lending transformation platform, Jocata has collaborated with SIDBI to launch a one-of-its-kind MSME Economic Activity Index Sumpoorn.
- For the first time ever, this MSME-specific high-frequency indicator will capture the state of India’s growth engine, its MSMEs, which contribute more than a quarter of the country’s overall Gross Value Added (GVA) and more than 40 percent of its total.
- It is a relative amplitude-adjusted composite diffusion index developed using consent-led and anonymized monthly sales data reflected in official GSTN returns of more than 50,000 credit-seeking MSMEs over time.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Founded – 2 April 1990
- Headquarters – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Chairman & MD – Siva S Ramann
Recent Facilities Launched in Banking & Insurance Sector
- HSBC India launches e-bank guarantee services for MSMEs
- AU Small Finance Bank launches ‘Planet First-AU Green Fixed Deposit’
- Bank of Baroda introduces BoB LITE Savings Account
- RBL Bank launched GO Savings Account
- HDFC Bank launched XpressWay digital platform for Swift Loans
Dr. Somdutta Singh presented with Coveted Champions of Change Award
- Seasoned entrepreneur Somdutta Singh has been bestowed the prestigious “Champions of Change Award” by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy, for her exemplary work in entrepreneurship, innovation, and social development.
- The award was presented to her in the form of a Gold Medal and a Citation by the Governor of Karnataka, Shri Thawad Chand Gehlot.
- The selection of the awardees was done by Constitutional Jury members headed by Justice K G Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India and Former Chairman, NHRC.
- The award was bestowed on eminent personalities for their work in areas like social development, community services, and acts of courage.
- 19th Kalakar Puraskar Award – Apolinaris D’Souza
- Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023 – Kerala
- Businessline’s Changemaker of the Year’ 2023 Award – Reserve Bank of India
- Iconic changemaker of the year – Amul
- Mahatma Awards 2023 – Digital Transformation solutions company UST
Rachin Ravindra & Hayley Matthews won ICC Player of Month award
- New Zealand’s Rachin Ravindra claimed the ICC Men’s Player of the Month award for October 2023.
- Ravindra, the 23-year-old Blackcaps batter, claimed his first Men’s Player of the Month award, showcasing exceptional form in the World Cup 2023 group stages.
- Ravindra beat India’s speedster Jasprit Bumrah and South Africa opener Quinton de Kock for the prestigious accolade after a scorching start to the 2023 World Cup, claiming his award.
- His remarkable 406 runs at an average of 81.20 included a superb 123 not out against England and a blazing 116 against Australia.
- While West Indies captain Hayley Matthews bags ICC Women’s Player of the Month award for October 2023.
- Matthews, the top-ranked all-rounder in the women’s T20I rankings, secured her second Women’s Player of the Month award. She led West Indies with scintillating performances in the T20I series against Australia, amassing 310 runs at an average of 155, with a standout unbeaten 132.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month
- January 2023 – Shubman Gill (India)
- February 2023 – Harry Brook (England)
- March 2023 – Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
- April 2023 – Fakhar Zaman (Pakistan)
- May 2023 – Harry Tector (Ireland)
- June 2023 – Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka)
- July 2023 – Chris Woakes (England)
- August 2023 – Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- September 2023 – Shubman Gill (India)
ICC Women’s Player of the Month
- January 2023 – Grace Scrivens (England)
- February 2023 – Ashleigh Gardner (Australia)
- March 2023 – Henriette Ishimwe (Rawanda)
- April 2023 – Naruemol Chaiwai (Thailand)
- May 2023 – Thipatcha Putthawong (Thiland)
- June 2023 – Ashleigh Gardner (Australia)
- July 2023 – Ashleigh Gardner (Australia)
- August 2023 – Arlene Kelly (Ireland)
- September 2023 – Chamari Athapaththu (Sri Lanka)
ICC suspends Sri Lanka Cricket’s membership with immediate effect
- Sri Lanka Cricket’s (SLC) membership of the International Cricket Council (ICC) has been suspended with immediate effect for government interference.
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Sport dismissed SLC’s board and replaced it with an interim committee following the country’s poor performance at this year’s World Cup but the sacking was stayed by Sri Lanka’s Court of Appeal.
- ICC said that the SLC had breached its obligations as a member, in particular the requirement to manage its affairs autonomously and without government interference.
- Sri Lanka is scheduled to host the ICC Under-19 Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2024 Jan-Feb.
About International Cricket Council (ICC)
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket.
- It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa.
- It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1987.
- Formation – 15 June 1909
- Headquarters – Dubai, UAE
- Chairman – Greg Barclay (New Zealand)
- Deputy Chairman – Imran Khwaja (Singapore)
- CEO – Geoff Allardice (Australia)
- General Manager – Wasim Khan
- Membership – 108 members
10 November – World Science Day for Peace and Development
- World Science Day for Peace and Development is celebrated annually on November 10.
- It is a day to acknowledge the role of science in society and highlights the significant role of involving the public in debates surrounding the effects of new scientific innovations and to create awareness among people.
- Theme 2023 – Building Trust in Science
- The day aims to connect science with society to provide citizens with knowledge of science for sustainable development and peaceful cohabitation.
- The origin of World Science Day for Peace and Development is linked to the positive outcomes that emanated from the 1999 World Conference on Science in Budapest, Hungary. These achievements led UNESCO to formally declare the celebration of this day in 2001.
11 November – National Education Day
- National Education Day is celebrated on November 11 every year to mark the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, India’s first education minister.
- This day is observed to honour the remarkable contributions of Maulana Azad in the field of education and institution building in the country.
- Theme 2023 – Embracing Innovation
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was the first Education Minister of independent India and served in the position from 1947 to 1958. His work towards making the education system better and accessible is praised and respected even today.
12 November – World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day is observed annually on November 12 and is a global effort to educate people about the disease and its effects.
- On this day, health organizations, together with ordinary people, try to educate, raise awareness, and promote advocacy that pneumonia is curable.
- On 12 November 2009, the first World Pneumonia Day was observed. On this day, the Global Coalition Against Child Pneumonia launched the ‘Stop Pneumonia’ campaign, which was backed by governments and civil organizations leading to the enactment of sound policies.
13 November – World Kindness Day
- World Kindness Day is observed every year on 13 November to promote and celebrate acts of kindness.
- This day serves as a reminder of the positive impact that kindness has on individuals, communities, and the world at large.
- Theme 2023 – Be Kind Wherever Possible
- World Kindness Day was first introduced by the World Kindness Movement (WKM) back in 1998. The World Kindness Movement is a coalition of nations and organizations dedicated to promoting kindness and goodwill on a global scale.
- The idea behind World Kindness Day was to highlight the positive power of kindness and encourage people to practice acts of kindness in their daily lives.
- A conference was held in Tokyo in 1997, where representatives from various countries came together to discuss different ways to promote kindness and compassion in society. The following year, on November 13th, 1998, in Japan and Singapore, the first World Kindness Day was observed.
Former Nagaland Governor Padmanabha Acharya passes away
- Senior BJP leader and former governor of Nagaland Padmanabha Acharya passed away at the age of 92 in Mumbai.
- Acharya had served as governor of Nagaland, Tripura, Assam and also handled the responsibilities as the governor of Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The BJP veteran had also worked with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|