Daily Current Affairs 13th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
MK Stalin launched Tamil Nadu Climate Change Mission
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin has launched the Tamil Nadu Climate Change Mission to protect the natural resources in the state besides restore them on a long-term basis.
- The state will achieve carbon neutrality much ahead of 2070 target set by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The state is first to launch its own Climate Change Mission to make Tamil Nadu a climate-smart state.
- During the budget for 2021-2022, the state government announced the launch of the Tamil Nadu Climate Change Mission for an outlay of Rs 500 crore to undertake climate change management and mitigation activities.
- The state has roped in former director of UNEP, Erik Solheim to advise it on matters relating to climate action.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
Ashwini Vaishnaw announced new train ‘Kashi Tamil Sangamam’
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has announced a new train – Kashi Tamil Sangamam between Kashi in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to commemorate the incredible cultural bond between Kashi and Tamil Nadu.
- The Kashi Tamil Sangamam is a unique celebration of the union of two cultures.
- Sangamam is a remarkable event of an exchange of knowledge and art.
- He also informed that Rs 7000 crore would be spent in revamping the Varanasi station to make it one of the best in the world.
- Kashi Tamil Sangamam is a month-long programme organized by the Ministry of Education, as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Meghalaya awarded for TB control programme
- The Meghalaya government, which has adopted a ‘Jan Andolan’ (people’s movement) against Tuberculosis received an award for best practices in controlling the disease that affects 2.6 million people in India every year.
- The award for Best Practice in Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilisation (ACSM) in Tuberculosis control was presented to representatives of the health department at a national workshop, aimed at ending TB infections, in the national capital.
- The state registered 4,189 TB cases in 2021 while in the first quarter of 2022, around 1,075 patients have been enrolled for treatment.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had put a national target to eliminate the disease that affects over 26 lakh Indians each year by 2025, five years ahead of WHO’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – D. Mishra (additional charge)
Government extended the PM SVANidhi Scheme till Dec 2024
- The Government of India has extended the PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme beyond March 2022.
Provisions for the Extended Scheme –
- The extension of the lending period will be till December 2024.
- Introduction of 3rd loan of upto ₹50,000 in addition to 1st & 2nd loans of ₹10,000 and ₹20,000 respectively.
- To extend ‘SVANidhi Se Samriddhi’ component for all beneficiaries of PM SVANidhi scheme across the country.
- As on November 30, 2022, 31.73 lakh Street Vendors have availed benefit of 1st loan of ₹ 10,000 loan ; Out of these 5.81 lakh have availed benefit of second loan of ₹ 20,000 loan; Out of those who availed 2nd loan, 6,926 street vendors have availed benefit of third loan of ₹50,000.
About PM Svanidhi Yojana
- PM Svanidhi Yojana was launched on 1 June 2020.
- This scheme was started with the aim of providing financial support to small shopkeepers and hawkers.
- Under the PM Svanidhi Yojana, people who sell goods on the street tracks or do other small jobs can take a loan of up to ₹ 10,000 from the bank.
- After repaying the loan taken in the first instance, the beneficiary can get a loan of up to ₹ 20,000 in the second time and up to ₹ 50,000 in the third time.
- The tenure of the Svanidhi scheme was earlier till March 2022, but the government has extended the deadline of the Svanidhi scheme till December 2024.
- So far 53.7 lakh applications have been received under this scheme, out of which 36.6 lakh applications have been approved and 33.2 lakh loans have been disbursed.
- An amount of Rs 3,592 crore has been disbursed under the scheme so far.
5th Kochi Muziris Biennale begins in Kochi
- The 5th edition of the Kochi Muziris Biennale, the country’s largest contemporary art exhibition began in Kochi, Kerala.
- It will feature 200 major creative projects of 90 artists from different countries across the world and will be exhibited till 10 April 2023.
- Titled ‘In Our Veins Flow Ink and Fire’, the exhibition is curated by Indian origin artist Shubhugi Rao.
- The four-month long fiesta celebrates the contemporary art scene across the globe with displays of art works of both Indian and international maestros.
- The event, will witness art, music, poetry and storytelling around the godowns, heritage properties and art galleries at 14 venues, spread over Fort Kochi, Mattancherry and Ernakulam.
Project ‘Vanikaran’ launched in Kerala
- Kerala forest department has launched ‘Vanikaran’ project to restore natural vegetation.
- It is an afforestation project to root out invasive plants, especially Senna spectabilis.
- It is being executed in Sulthan Bathery forest range of Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (WWS).
- Its pillars include planting saplings of Bamboo, fruit plants etc. and rainwater harvesting.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Prime Minister launched projects worth Rs 75,000 cr in Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated Phase – I of Samruddhi Mahamarg connecting Nagpur and Shirdi covering a distance of 520 Kms.
- The 701 Km expressway is one of India’s longest expressways and will pass through Maharashtra’s 10 districts. It is being built at a cost of about 55,000 crore rupees.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated AIIMS Nagpur to the nation to strengthen health infrastructure in the country. The foundation stone of the hospital was laid by the Prime Minister in July 2017. AIIMS Nagpur has been developed at a cost of more than 1,575 crore rupees.
- Earlier, the Prime Minister dedicated ‘Nagpur Metro Phase I’ to the nation, and laid the foundation stone of ‘Nagpur Metro phase- II’ at Khapri Metro Station.
- The Prime Minister also flagged off two inaugural metro trains from Khapri to Automotive Square and Prajapati Nagar to Lokmanya Nagar. Phase I of the Nagpur Metro is developed at a cost of more than Rs 8650 crore while Phase- II will be developed at a cost of more than Rs 6700 crore.
- Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Train connecting Nagpur and Bilaspur will be operated six days a week except for Saturdays from both sides. The travel time from Nagpur to Bilaspur will be reduced to 5 hours 30 mins from 7-8 hours.
- PM also inaugurated the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology, Chandrapur, laying the foundation stone for the redevelopment of Nagpur Railway Station and Ajni Railway Station and also the foundation stone of the rejuvenation project of Nag River.
20th Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival concluded in Kathmandu
- The 20th Edition of the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival has concluded in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The festival has resumed its physical screening after two years because of the pandemic.
- The key focus of the film fest is on the mountain communities and cultures to Nepali audiences.
- The Hindi film Ayena, directed and produced by Siddhant Sirin, has been showcased at the 20th edition of the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival.
- 55 films in Nepali, Korean, Hindi, Spanish, Russian, French, Dioula, Italian and Lebanese language have been presented.
- This year, the audience got a chance to witness more than 60 films from 30 different countries, at the Rastriya Sabga Griha and Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) Exhibition Road.
- This year, the theme of the Film Fest is ‘Sustainable Summits’.
- Capital- Kathmandu
- Currency- Nepalese rupee
- President– Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Prime minister– Sher Bahadur Deuba
Banking and Financial
Retail inflation eased below 6% for the first time in 2022
- Retail inflation of India has been eased to 5.88% in November 2022 from 6.77% in October
- It is the first time in this FY when the inflation rate came within the tolerance band of RBI i.e. 2 to 6%.
- Food prices, which account for nearly 40% of the CPI basket, eased to 4.67% in November, compared with 7.01% in October.
- Retail inflation has been above the upper end of the Reserve Bank of India’s 2%-6% tolerance band since January, triggering 225 basis points of interest rate rise, so far taking it to 6.25%.
- Retail inflation is measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- To Control inflation, the RBI has raised the repo rate by 2.25 percentage points in this year (2022).
Recent CPI-based Retail inflation in India
- May- 04%
- June – 7.01%
- July – 6.71%
- August – 7%
- September – 41%
- October – 77%
Appointment and Resignation
Bhupendra Patel sworn in as Gujarat CM 2nd consecutive term
- BJP leader Bhupendra Patel was sworn in as the 18th Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Gujarat Governor Acharya Devvrat at the grand ceremony held at the helipad ground in Gandhinagar.
- Along with Chief Minister, 16 Ministers were also sworn.
- The new Council of Ministers will have eight Cabinet, six Ministers of State, and two Ministers of State with Independent Charge. There is only one female member in the new Cabinet.
- BJP leader Bhupendra Patel took oath as the Chief Minister of Gujarat for a second straight term in Gandhinagar in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Justice Dipankar Dutta takes oath as judge of Supreme Court
- Bombay High Court Chief Justice Dipankar Datta was administered the oath of office as a Supreme Court judge by Chief Justice of India (CJI) D Y Chandrachud.
- With the swearing-in of Justice Datta, the total number of judges in the top court has reached 28 against the sanctioned strength of 34, including the CJI.
- Justice Dutta will have a term till February 8, 2030.
- His name was recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium then headed by Justice UU Lalit (now retired) in September last year.
- Justice Datta was elevated to the bench of the Calcutta High Court as a permanent judge on June 22, 2006.
- First woman president of Indian Olympic Association – PT Usha
- President of Table Tennis Federation of India – Meghna Ahlawat
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh – Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu
- Deputy Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh – Mukesh Agnihotri
- MD & CEO of Ashok Leyland – Shenu Agarwal
- MD of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) – Meenesh C Shah
Dr. PC Rath elected as President of Cardiological Society of India
- Senior cardiologist PC Rath has formally elected as the president of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI) for one year (2023-24) in an annual meeting held in Chennai.
- Rath is currently working as a senior consultant cardiologist and head of department of Cardiology at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills.
- Dr Rath has pioneered many percutaneous cardiac interventions like complex coronary angioplasty and stenting, robotic angioplasty and percutaneous valve treatment procedures.
- CSI is a national body of cardiologists within India and those settled abroad.
- It was formed in 1948 under the supervision of Bharat Ratna Dr Vidhan Shankar Roy.
UAE successfully launches first ever Arab-Built lunar spacecraft
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket has carried into space the first ever Arab-built lunar spacecraft.
- It has launched from the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- The Rashid Rover was built by Dubai’s Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC), in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and is being delivered by the HAKUTO-R lander, engineered by Japanese lunar exploration company ispace.
- The mission is due to arrive at Moon around April 2023. Its rover weighs just 22 pounds (10 kg) and will work on the surface for about 10 days.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
- Currency – Dirham
- President – Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Divya won gold in women’s air pistol National Shooting Championship 2022
- Karnataka shooter Divya T.S has secured her first women’s 10m air pistol national title at the 65th National Shooting Championship Competitions in Pistol events held in Bhopal.
- She defeated Sanskriti Bana from Uttar Pradesh by 16-14 in the gold medal match and Rhythm Sangwan from Haryana settled for bronze.
- Olympian, Manu Bhaker has won the junior women’s air pistol, after defeating Esha Singh ( Telangana).
- Rhythm Sangwan has won the gold medal in the Youth category.
12 December – International Universal Health Coverage Day
- International Universal Health Coverage Day is celebrated annually on 12th December.
- Objective – To promote the importance of building robust healthcare systems globally.
- Theme 2022 – Build the world we want: A healthy future for all
- On December 12, 2012, the UN General Assembly passed a resolution encouraging nations to advance efforts toward universal healthcare (UHC).
- In 2017, the UN has declared 12th December to observe International Universal Health Coverage day.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|