Daily Current Affairs 13th February 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
PM Narendra Modi flagged off 2 Vande Bharat Express trains from Mumbai
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off Mumbai-Solapur and Mumbai-Sainagar Vande Bharat Express from Mumbai.
- With the two trains becoming operational, the number of Vande Bharat Express trains running from Mumbai will increase to three and the count will go up to 10 for the country.
- The first Vande Bharat train in Maharashtra connected Mumbai with Gujarat’s Gandhinagar.
- Last month, PM Modi virtually flagged off the 8th Vande Bharat Express operational between Telangana’s Secunderabad and Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam.
- On February 18, 2019, the first Vande Bharat Express train made its debut. The first route makes stops in Thyagraj and Kanpur on its way from the capital city of Delhi to the sacred city of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh).
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated Arabic Academy in Mumbai
- PM Modi inaugurated a three-day India Energy Week in Bengaluru
- PM Modi released special Rs 75 coin to mark 75 successful years of NCC
- PM Modi addressed 1111th Avataran Mahotsav of Bhagwan Devnarayan in Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
- PM Modi launched several development projects in Karnataka, Maharashtra
Ministry of Culture organized Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2023
- Union Ministry of Culture has organized Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2023 at Azad Maidan in Mumbai, from 11th to 19th February 2023.
- This event is an opportunity to showcase the rich and diverse cultural heritage of India.
- It aims to promote National Unity and integrity through cultural exchange.
- More than 350 folk and tribal artists from all over India along with local folk artists, transgender and differently-abled artists has participated in the event.
Alkesh Kumar inaugurated first International Conference on Digital Skilling
- Secretary of MeitY, Alkesh Kumar Sharma has inaugurated the first International Conference on Communication, Electronics and Digital Technologies – NICE-DT 2023 and Digital Skilling.
- The event is being organized by the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), under the administrative control of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India.
- NIELIT- It is an autonomous Scientific Society of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology MeitY), and is engaged in Capacity Building and Skill Development
Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated AMRPTEX 2023
- Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology, Ashwini Vaishnaw has inaugurated AMRPTEX 2023 – National Philatelic Exhibition at Pragati Maidan, Delhi.
- This five-day event, organised by the Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications, will showcase India’s rich culture, heritage and history through stamps.
- For the first time in the country, new technology like virtual reality, augmented reality has been used to showcase the cultural heritage, history, nature, wildlife by narrating the stories of stamps.
- An Exhibition on the Transformative Journey of India Post will also be inaugurated on this occasion. People willing to participate in the event can book tickets through BookMyShow website.
Ashwini Vaishnaw in News
Ashwini Vaishnaw launched ‘Digital Payments Utsav’ in New Delhi
- Ashwini Vaishnaw launched ‘Stay Safe Online’ Campaign
- Ashwini Vaishnaw launched Entrepreneurship Cell at C-DOT Campus, Delhi
- Ashwini Vaishnaw announced new train ‘Kashi Tamil Sangamam’
Strict Anti-Copying Law comes into force in Uttarakhand
- The country’s strictest Anti-Copying Law has come into force in Uttarakhand. Governor Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh has approved the Uttarakhand Competitive Examination (Measures for Prevention and Prevention of Unfair Means in Recruitment) Ordinance 2023.
- Under this Anti-Copying Law, a provision to impose a fine of 10 crores rupees along with life imprisonment or 10 years in jail for the copycat mafia.
- Apart from this, there is also a provision to attach the property of the copying mafia.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
First National Lok Adalat of 2023 held in .Jammu & Kashmir
- Jammu & Kashmir Legal Services Authority has organized first National Lok Adalat of 2023 throughout the Union Territory.
- During the day-long National Lok Adalat, out of a total 88,723 cases taken up by 142 Benches at various courts across the UT, 75,250 Cases were disposed off and an amount of Rs. 45,05,14,697 was awarded as compensation/settlement amount in Motor Accident Claims, civil, criminal, labour disputes, Electricity and Water Bills cases, etc.
- First National Lok Adalat and in all four Lok Adalats will be organized during the year. The second National Lok Adalat is scheduled to be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023.
Banking and Financial
SBI opens 3rd specialized Startup branch in Gurugram
- State Bank of India (SBI) has inaugurated its third specialized branch for startups at Gurugram to provide all banking services required by them under one roof.
- Gurugram houses the third highest number of unicorns in the nation after Bengaluru and Mumbai.
- The primary aim of this branch is to provide end-to-end support to startups at every stage of their journey, starting from the formation of the entity till their IPOs and FPOs.
- The office would serve as a one-stop shop for startups, offering ordinary banking services as well as investment banking, treasury/forex, advising, and other ancillary financial services through the bank’s subsidiaries.
- The bank also plans to meet the needs of private equity (PE), venture capital (VC), and alternative investment funds in addition to startups (AIFs).
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Journalist A.B.K. Prasad selected for Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award
- Veteran Journalist A.B.K. Prasad has been selected for the prestigious “Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award” for excellence in Journalism.
- He has worked as an editor in major journals in Andhra Pradesh. Also, he worked as the Chairman of the Official Language Commission between 2004 and 2009.
- The award will be given by the Press Council of India on 28 Feb 23.
- Golden Book Awards 2023 – Rakhi Kapoor (For – Now You Breathe)
- Hurun India award 2023 – VP Nandakumar (MD & CEO of Manappuram Finance Ltd.)
- Mathrubhumi Book of The Year’ award 2023 – Peggy Mohan
- Lifetime Achievement Honour in UK – Former Indian PM Manmohan Singh
- FIH President’s Award 2023 – V Karthikeyan Pandian (Odisha)
Anurag Thakur flagged off Formula E-Championship
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur has flagged off the Formula E Championship in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad is hosting India’s first-ever Formula E-race.
- Hyderabad E-Prix is being held at the ‘Hyderabad Street Circuit’ on the banks of the picturesque Hussain Sagar Lake and NTR Marg.
- This is also the first motorsport event in the country in the last 10 years. Hyderabad is the 27th city in the world to host the race which is the first non-carbon emission event.
- The 2.83 km street circuit will have Gen3 race cars moving with a maximum speed with 22 drivers from 11 teams competing for the top honours.
Recent Inauguration by Anurag Thakur
- Anurag Singh Thakur launched mascot, theme song for 3rd edition of Khelo India Winter Games
- Anurag Thakur launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website
- Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the Sports Science Centre in Udupi, Karnataka.
- Anurag Singh Thakur launched new dashboard for Khelo India
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated the National Level Kabaddi Championship in Udupi in Karnataka.
- Anurag Thakur unveiled FIH Hockey World Cup 2023 trophy in New Delhi
Ashwin becomes the fastest Indian to pick up 450 Test wickets
- Ravichandran Ashwin has become the fastest Indian bowler and second overall to reach the mark of 450 Test wickets.
- He picked up his 450th Test wicket during the first Border-Gavaskar Trophy game between India and Australia in Nagpur.
- Ashwin got to the landmark in 89 Tests while Sri Lanka legend Muthaiah Murlidaran had completed the task in 80 matches.
Rohit Sharma becomes first Indian captain to score a ton across all formats
- Indian captain Rohit Sharma has become the first Indian captain to score a century in all three formats (Tests, ODIs & T20Is) of cricket.
- He also became only the fourth international captain-batsman after Babar Azam (Pakistan), Faf du Plessis (South Africa), and Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka) to achieve the special feat.
- He achieved this feat against Australia in the 1st Test series for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in Nagpur.
11 February – International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated annually on 11 February.
- Objective – To recognize and celebrate the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- The United Nations General Assembly passed the resolution in Dec 2015 to celebrate the day.
- Theme 2023 – IDEAS (Innovate, Demonstrate, Elevate, Advance, Sustain)
12 February – International Darwin Day
- International Darwin Day is observed every year on 12 February to commemorate the birthday of Charles Darwin.
- He was born on 12 February 1809 in England.
- The day focuses on the contribution of Charles Darwin to science and also promotes science in general.
- Darwin was an English naturalist whose scientific theory of evolution by natural selection formed the foundation of modern evolutionary studies.
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here