Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 13th June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
GeM to organize District level Buyer-Seller workshops in UP
- India’s premier online procurement platform, Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is organizing Buyer-Seller Workshops in all 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh from 12th June till 31st August 2023.
- These workshops aim to enhance the understanding of GeM’s functionalities among buyers and sellers in the state, as well as provide a platform to address any queries or concerns they may have.
- The Buyer-Seller Workshops are a significant step towards ensuring accessibility and participation from every corner of the state.
- GeM believes in empowering buyers and sellers in the remotest districts of Uttar Pradesh by providing them with the necessary knowledge and resources to leverage the benefits of the platform effectively.
- These workshops will serve as a platform to address queries, provide guidance, and discuss any issues faced by the users at the district level.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
2nd summit of Supreme Audit Institutions of G20 countries began in Goa
- The second summit of the Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) of the G20 countries began in Panaji, the capital of Goa.
- The inaugural address at the summit was delivered by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) Girish Chandra Murmu.
- Goa Governor PS Sreedharan Pillai and India’s G20 Sherpa Amitabh Kant also attended the meeting.
- The three-day summit will see the participation of the Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) of Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, South Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye, Bangladesh, Egypt, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Spain, the UAE, Morocco, and Poland.
- Over 80 national and international delegates, Think20, and Youth20 Engagement Groups will also attend the meeting.
- The CAG of India is expected to highlight the crucial role the SAIs can play in the audit of the Blue Economy and Responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI) to ensure good governance, transparency, and accountability, and to optimize their positive impact on humankind.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- 3rd Employment Working Group Meeting – Geneva, Switzerland (31 May – 2 June 2023)
- 2nd G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group Meeting – Rishikesh, Uttarakhand (25 – 27 May 2023)
- 2nd G-20 Disaster Risk Reduction Working Group Meeting – Mumbai, Maharashtra (23 – 25 May 2023)
- 2nd Trade and Investment Working Group Meeting – Bengaluru, Karnataka (23 – 25 May 2023)
- 2nd G-20 Disaster Risk Reduction Working Group (DRRWG) – Mumbai, Maharashtra (23 – 25 May 2023).
UAE emerges as 4th largest investor in India during FY23
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has emerged as the fourth largest investor in India during 2022-23, according to government data.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) was signed a comprehensive free trade agreement with India in May last year.
- In the last fiscal, foreign direct investment (FDI) from the UAE to India jumped over three-fold to USD 3.35 billion from USD 1.03 billion in 2021-22, the data of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) showed.
- Singapore was the largest investor in India with USD 17.2 billion investment in FY23, followed by Mauritius (USD 6.1 billion) and the US (USD 6 billion).
- UAE’s investments in India are mainly in sectors like services, sea transport, power, and construction activities.
- One of the crucial factors for the increase in foreign direct investment (FDI) from UAE is the signing of the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) between India and UAE on February 18, 2022 (effective from May 1, 2022).
Centre constitutes peace committee in Manipur under governor
- The central government has formed a Peace Committee in Manipur to facilitate peace among ethnic groups in the state.
- The committee is chaired by the governor of Manipur and includes members from political parties, civil servants, educationists, artists, and social workers.
- The committee’s mandate is to strengthen social cohesiveness between various ethnic groups in the state.
- Capital – Imphal
- Chief Minister – Biren Singh
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
- Government sets up 3-member panel to probe Manipur Violence; Headed by Ajai Lamba (former CJ of the Gauhati HC)
- SEBI formed an Intermediary Advisory Committee to advise the market regulator on changes in the legal framework; chaired by -S Ravindran
- National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) set up an 11-member Cheetah Project Steering Committee; Headed by – Rajesh Gopal
- IRDAI constitutes Expert committee for matters related to mental health; headed by – Pratima Murthy
- NGT constitutes committee to investigate disappearance of 1095 ponds – Headed by Adarsh Kumar Goel.
Kerala launched a reward system for reporting illegal waste roads
- The Kerala government has launched a new scheme to reward for reporting illegal waste dumping on roads.
- This scheme is a part of the ‘Malinya Muktham Nava Keralam’ campaign to make the state garbage-free.
- The person who informs authorities of such violations will be given Rs 2,500 (maximum) or 25 percent of the fine imposed on those resorting to disallowed disposal of garbage.
- Under this scheme, citizens would report about the littering/dumping (solid and liquid waste) in public spaces, private property and water bodies.
- The report must be backed with evidence, including credible photograph or video clip, along with details such as the place and time of the wrong-doing.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
IIT-Madras generates hydrogen from seawater using solar energy
- Researchers from the Department of Physics at IIT-Madras have developed critical components for a highly efficient, cost-effective way to electrolyze seawater to generate hydrogen.
- The results were published in the journal ACS Applied Energy Materials.
- State-of-the-art alkaline water electrolyzer technology is energy-intensive, requires an expensive oxide-polymer separator, and uses fresh water for electrolysis.
- We found our separator is highly resistant to seawater degradation said Sana Fathima, co-authors of the paper.
- The IIT-Madras team led by Dr. Ramaprabhu Sundara has addressed each of these challenges by developing simple, scalable and cost-effective alternatives that are highly efficient in splitting seawater and generating hydrogen
Banking and Financial
SBI to raise Rs 50,000 crore in FY24
- The central board of State Bank of India (SBI) has approved raising of funds aggregating ₹50,000 crore via issuance of debt instruments, including capital instruments in FY24.
- The board’s approval is for raising funds in the Indian rupee and/or any other convertible currency by issue of debt instruments, including but not limited to Long Term Bonds, Basel III-compliant Additional Tier 1 Bonds, Basel III-compliant Tier 2 Bonds.
- The resources will be raised through private placement mode to Indian and/or overseas investors during FY24, subject to the government’s approval wherever required.
- SBI had raised funds aggregating about ₹38,850 crore through issuance of infrastructure bonds, Tier-2 bonds and AT-1 bonds in FY23.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Appointment and Resignation
Nitin Agarwal appointed as the new DG of BSF
- Nitin Agarwal has been appointed as the new director general of the Border Security Force (BSF).
- The post of BSF chief has been vacant for more than five months after Pankaj Kumar Singh retired on December 31, 2022.
- CRPF DG Sujoy Lal Thaosen has been handling the charge of BSF in an additional capacity since then.
- Nitin Agarwal, an IPS officer of the 1989 Kerala cadre, currently holds the position of Additional Director General of Operations at the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- He attained the rank of ADG in 2014 while serving with the ITBP.
- The BSF is India’s leading security agency responsible for safeguarding the 4,096-kilometer-long international borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- In addition, it carries out various responsibilities in the realm of internal security. The BSF comprises a workforce of over 2.65 lakh personnel serving in diverse roles.
Recent Appointment in Defence Sector
- 1st woman to command Communication Zone – Colonel Shuchita Shekhar
- Director General of Naval Armament – P Upadhyay
- Air Officer-in-Charge Administration (AOA) – Rajesh Kumar Anand
- Vice Chief of the Air Staff – Ashutosh Dixit
- Director Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) – Praveen Sood (replace Subodh Jaiswal)
- Military Advisor to National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) – Sandeep Singh
- Director General Naval Operations (DGNO) – Vice Admiral Atul Anand
Pieter Elbers appointed as Chair-elect of IATA’s Board of Governors
- Pieter Elbers has been elected as the chair-elect of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Board of Governors.
- He will succeed Yvonne Manzi Makolo, the CEO of Rwandair, with effect from June 2024.
- As the chair-elect of the IATA BoG, Elbers will play a pivotal role in further shaping the global aviation landscape, advocating for the industry’s interests, and driving innovation and sustainability initiatives.
- CMD of Director of Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR) – Sanjay Swarup
- Chairman of The Hindu Group – Nirmala Laxman (replace Malini Parthasarathy)
- 78th UNGA president – Dennis Francis (Trinidad and Tobago)
- DG of Geological Survey of India (GSI) – Janardan Prasad (replace Dr. S. Raju)
- President of World Meteorological Organization (WMO) – Dr Abdulla Al Mandous (UAE)
Epson India signs Rashmika Mandanna as brand ambassador
- Printer company Epson India has signed actor Rashmika Mandanna as its brand ambassador.
- The actress will collaborate with the company to promote its products in a multi-media campaign for its ‘EcoTank’ printers this month.
- She is one of the new entrants on the list of top 20 celebrities who endorse brands in India.
- The collaboration aims to spread awareness about printers and their benefits.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Smriti Mandhana – Wrangler brand
- Hrithik Roshan – Zebronics TV
- Sachin Tendulkar – Smile Ambassador by Maharashtra government
- Sourav Ganguly – Tripura Tourism
- Virat Kohli – Duroflex (mattress and sleep products maker)
- Alia Bhatt – Gucci’s First Indian Global Ambassador
- Ayushmann Khurrana – Wakefit (Manufacturer of mattresses)
- Rishabh Pant – Star Sports Believe Ambassadors
Amit Agrawal appointed as CEO UIDAI
- Senior IAS officers Amit Agrawal and Subodh Kumar Singh have been appointed as CEO Unique Identification Authority of India and director general of the National Testing Agency, respectively, as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
- Both Agrawal (1993 batch) and Singh (1997 batch) are Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers of the Chhattisgarh cadre.
- Agrawal, an additional secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the Unique Identification Authority in the rank and pay of additional secretary to the Government of India.
- Richa Sharma, additional secretary in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, has been moved to the Department of Food and Public Distribution to replace Singh.
- Rashmi Chowdhary, additional secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training, has been appointed as secretary in the Central Information Commission.
- Chairman and MD of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) – Amarendu Prakash
- Sworn in as member of UPSC – Bidyut Bihari Swain
- Shalini becomes 1st girl NCC cadet to complete mountaineering course – Shalini Singh
- MD of Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) – Ajay Yadav
- CEO for Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – K. Krithivasan
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Praveen Kumar Srivastava
Novak Djokovic won the French Open 2023 Men’s Singles Final
- Serbian Tennis Player, Novak Djokovic has won the French Open 2023 men’s singles final, clinching his 23rd Grand Slam title.
- Djokovic beat Norwegian Casper Ruud 7-6 (1), 6-3, 7-5 in the final at Roland Garros.
- Djokovic also broke Nadal’s record as the oldest French Open singles champion. He became the first man to win all four tennis majors at least three times, joining three women who did so (Serena Williams, Steffi Graf and Margaret Court).
- Novak Djokovic has become the first man to reach the 23rd Grand Slam title.
French Open title 2023
- Winner- Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Runner-up- Casper Ruud (Norway)
- Winner- Iga Świątek (Poland)
- Runner-up- Karolina Muchova (Czech)
- Winners- Ivan Dodig and Austin Krajicek
- Runners-up- Sander Gille and Joran Vliegen
- Winners- Hsieh Su-Wei and Wang Xinyu
- Runners-up- Taylor Towsend and Leylah Fernandez
- Winners- Miyu Kato and Tim Pütz
- Runners-up- Bianca Andreescu and Michael Venus
Australian Open title 2023
- Winner – Arina Sabalenka (Belarus)
- Runner Up – Elena Rybakina (Kazakhstan)
- Winner – Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Runner Up – Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece)
- Winner – J. Kubler & R. Hijikata (Australia)
- Runner Up – H. Nys (Monaco) & J. Zieliński (Poland)
- Winner – Krejčíková & K. Siniaková (Czech Republic)
- Runner Up – S. Aoyama & E. Shibahara (Japan)
- Winner – Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos (Brazilian)
- Runner Up – Rohan Bopanna and Sania Mirza (India)
Nick Taylor becomes first Canadian Champion since 1954
- Nick Taylor has become the first Canadian in 69 years to win his national Open, holing a 72-foot eagle putt on the fourth playoff hole to beat Tommy Fleetwood in the RBC Canadian Open.
- The last player from Canada to win the Canadian Open was Pat Fletcher in 1954 at Point Grey in Vancouver.
- Fletcher was born in England; Carl Keffer had been the only Canadian-born champion, winning in 1909 and 1914.
Bollywood Actor Mangal Dhillon passes away
- A renowned Bollywood actor, Mangal Dhillon passed away.
- He was known for his remarkable acting prowess and memorable performances in shows like ‘Junoon’ and ‘Buniyaad’.
- Dhillon was seen alongside Rekha in the film Khoon Bhari Maang, and his repertoire includes notable movies such as Dayavan, Zakhmi Aurat, Vishwatma, Pyaar Ka Devta, Amba, Toofan Singh, Dalaal, among others.
- In addition to his achievements in films, Dhillon left an indelible impact on the small screen, featuring in popular television shows like Katha Sagar, Kismat, Ghutan, Rishta and Param Vir Chakra, among others.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|