Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 13th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
8th BRICS International Competition Conference held in New Delhi
- The 8th BRICS International Competition Conference was held in New Delhi.
- The theme of the conference is new issues in competition law and policy, dimensions, perspectives, and challenges.
- The conference is a seminal event to be held in India after a decade.
- More than 600 delegates from the competition authorities of BRICS and non-BRICS nations, competition law experts, non-government advisors, and domestic invitees are expected to participate in the conference.
Assam Cabinet approves Rs 3000 cr for new road project under Asom Mala
- The Assam cabinet has approved Rs 3,000 crore for a 1,000-km-long economic corridor project in the state.
- The cabinet gave its in-principle approval for the project under the Asom Mala Scheme.
- The cabinet also approved projects worth Rs 950 crore to improve rural infrastructure. The fund will be obtained from NABARD as a loan. The loan will be used to upgrade 90 rural roads and four rural bridges under the Public Works Department.
- It was also decided that the cabinet meetings in November and December will be held in Tinsukia and North Lakhimpur districts, respectively, while in January next year, it will be held in Nagaon.
- The cabinet also approved the revised draft notification for the declaration of an eco-sensitive zone in the 1 km radius around the Bherjan-Borajan-Padumoni Wildlife Sanctuary in Tinsukia as per the Supreme Court directive.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Gulab Chand Kataria
Maharashtra govt approves ‘Lek Ladki’ scheme
- Maharashtra state cabinet has approved the ‘Lek Ladki Yojana’ (Dear Daughter Scheme) for families with annual income up to Rs one lakh.
- The Yojana was announced in the budget session of March 2023.
- As per the decision, a family with a yellow and saffron ration card will receive Rs 5000 after the birth of a girl child, Rs 6000 after she is enrolled in standard first, Rs 7000 after the sixth standard, Rs 8000 after standard 11 and Rs 75,000 after completing 18 years of age.
- The girl child will be benefited from Rs 1.01 lakh in total after completion of 18 years,” said the official who attended the cabinet meeting. The scheme will be applicable for the child born after April 1, 2023.
- The scheme is meant to promote the birth of a girl child, and her education and to stop child marriage and malnutrition.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Deputy Chief Minister – Devendra Fadnavis & Ajit Pawar
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Govt to organize World Food India 2023 in Delhi
- The Indian government will organize World Food India 2023 from 3-5 November in New Delhi to bring the global food processing industry together.
- World Food India 2023 is an opportunity for global industry leaders to collaborate and innovate in the food processing sector.
- The Start-Up Pavilion at World Food India 2023 aims to have maximum participation of women entrepreneurs.
UP govt to provide pink scooters to 1100 women beat constables
- The Yogi government has accelerated efforts to set up 3,000 Pink Booths across the state of Uttar Pradesh and provide Pink Scooters to all 10417 women beats under the Safe City Project.
- In the first phase of the project, it has been decided to construct Pink Booths at 20 religious places spread over nine cities of the state, while instructions have been given to provide electric two-wheeler scooters to 1100 women beat constables in 17 municipal corporations and Gautam Buddha Nagar.
- The construction of Pink Booths and the provision of electric two-wheel scooters for this phase have been given a timeline of three months.
- It is worth mentioning here that the Safe City project is to be completed in three phases in Uttar Pradesh. The first phase includes 17 municipal corporations along with Gautam Buddha Nagar. In the second phase, 57 district headquarters, and municipal corporations will be included, and in the third phase, 143 municipal corporations will be connected to the Safe City Project.
- In the first phase of the Safe City Project, Pink Booths will be constructed at 20 religious places in nine cities of the state, including Varanasi, Ayodhya, Prayagraj, Mirzapur, Mathura, Gorakhpur, Agra, Balrampur, and Chitrakoot.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Bihar Industries Department organised Investors Summit in Bengaluru
- The Government of Bihar marked a significant milestone with the successful organization of Bihar Business Connect, Investors Summit in Bengaluru.
- This summit served as a pivotal platform for fostering investment opportunities in the state.
- The success of the Investors Meet in Bengaluru is a testament to the Department of Industries, Bihar’s steadfast dedication to creating a vibrant ecosystem.
Hurun Rich List 2023: Mukesh Ambani reclaims top spot
- Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries, has regained the top position on the 2023 Forbes list of India’s 100 Richest, with a net worth of $92 billion.
- The cumulative wealth of India’s 100 Richest individuals remained steady at $799 billion for the year.
- In the previous year, Gautam Adani held the title of India’s wealthiest individual.
- However, his fortunes took a significant hit due to a negative report by US short-seller Hindenburg Research, resulting in a sharp decline in his company’s stock value. Although he has experienced some recovery, his net worth, inclusive of his family, has fallen to $68 billion.
- This represents the most substantial decline both in terms of dollar value and percentage, causing him to now occupy the second position.
- This marks the 12th annual edition of the list, showcasing the wealthiest individuals in India.
Nitin Gadkari launches India Jewellery Shopping Festival (IJSF) 2023
- Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has launched the India Jewellery Shopping Festival (IJSF) 2023 in New Delhi.
- This industry provides employment to lakhs of people and contributes to the nation’s growth through exports. He added that there is a bright future for this industry.
- The launch will be held across the country from 15th October to 22nd November.
- The B2C scheme will run from 13 October to 17th November. While B2B scheme has been running since 1st June and will continue till 31 October.
- The festival will offer benefits to both the B2B and the B2C segments wherein business owners can be a part of the festival by paying an enrollment fee.
Nitin Gadkari In News
- Nitin Gadkari launches Bharat NCAP (New Car Assessment Programe)
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates and lays foundation stone of 11 highway project worth Rs 5600 crore in Rajasthan
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates four projects worth Rs 1450 Crore in Assam
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurated two National Highway projects in Vadodara, Gujarat worth Rs 48 crore.
- Nitin Gadkari unveiled Bengaluru’s first methanol-run buses.
Global Hunger Index 2023: India ranked 111th
- India ranked 111th out of 125 countries in the Global Hunger Index-2023 with the country reporting the highest child wasting rate at 18.7 per cent.
- India ranked 107th out of 121 countries in 2022.
- The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is a tool for comprehensively measuring and tracking hunger at global, regional, and national levels.
- With a score of 28.7 in the Global Hunger Index-2023, India has a level of hunger that is serious, according to a report based on the index.
- India’s neighbouring countries Pakistan (102th), Bangladesh (81st), Nepal (69th) and Sri Lanka (60th) have fared better than it in the index.
- South Asia and Africa South of the Sahara are the world regions with the highest hunger levels, with a GHI score of 27 each, indicating serious hunger.
- Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Chile, China and Croatia are the top five countries in GHI 2023.
- Chad, Niger, Lesotho, Congo, Yemen, Madagascar, and Central African Republic are the countries ranked at the bottom of the index.
- Global Innovation Index 2023 -India at 40th; topped by Switzerland
- World Talent Ranking 2023 – India ranked 56th; topped by Switzerland
- World’s Freest Economy Report – Rank 1. Singapore, 2. Hong Kong, 3. Switzerland, 4. New Zealand, 5. US
- Digital Quality of Life Index 2023 – India ranked 52nd; topped by Denmark
- Chainalysis’ Global Crypto Adoption Index 2023 – Rank 1 India, 2. Nigeria, 3. Vietnam, 4. US, 5. Ukraine.
Banking and Financial
IMF raises India’s FY24 growth forecast to 6.3% from 6.1%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised its FY24 growth projection for India by 20 basis points to 6.3 percent, citing stronger-than-expected consumption between April and June.
- India is one of the large emerging economies that (have) been doing better than expected for quite a while now. (It) is one of the one of the growth engines in the world economy.
- The IMF’s latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) kept its global growth forecast unchanged at 3 percent for 2023 and pared down the 2024 projection by 10 basis points to 2.9 percent.
- Growth in India is projected to remain strong, at 6.3 percent in both 2023 (FY24) and 2024 (FY25), with an upward revision of 0.2 percentage (points) for 2023 (FY24), reflecting stronger-than-expected consumption during April-June.
- The IMF’s inflation projection for India has been revised upward to 5.5 percent for FY24. It expects the inflation rate to remain in the range of 2-6 percent this financial year, and 4.6 percent next year.
- The IMF report comes against the backdrop of the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Economists said if the war between Israel and Hamas drew out and countries such as the US and Saudi Arabia took sides, oil prices could come under pressure.
Updated GDP List
- World Economic Outlook by IMF – 7.2% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- Economic Survey –7% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- World Bank – 6.9% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.4% (FY25), 6.5% (FY26)
- S&P – 6% (FY24), 6.9% (FY25), 6.9% (FY26), 7% (FY27)
- ICRA – 6.9% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.3% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.7% (FY25)
- RBI – 6.8% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- India Ratings – 6.9% (FY23), 5.9% (FY24)
- Fitch Rating – 7.2% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.7% (FY25)
- HSBC Bank – 5.8% (FY24)
- OECD – 7.2% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6%(FY25)
- CRISIL – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- UN – 6.6% (FY22), 5.8% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- NSO – 7% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
- Nomura – 5.9% (FY24)
- Goldman Sachs – 6.4% (FY24)
- Barclays – 6.3 % (FY24)
- BofA Global Research – 6.3% (FY24)
RBI raises monetary ceiling of gold loans for UCBs
- In order to remove difficulties faced by the Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs), the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the monetary ceiling of gold loans under Bullet Repayment Scheme from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4 lakh for UCBs.
- The move will strengthen cooperatives and treat them on par with other economic entities.
- The RBI announced the increase in the monetary ceiling of gold loans that can be granted under the bullet repayment scheme from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4 lakh for UCBs who have met the overall PSL target and sub-targets as of March 31.
- The Ministry of Cooperation recently had also taken another historic decision to provide funds to the registrar of cooperatives of states and Union Territories (UTs) and Agriculture and Rural Development Banks (ARDBs) by the Center for Computerization.
- The total estimated expenditure for this scheme will be Rs 225.09 crore and it will enable people to quickly access services provided by the cooperative departments of the states and the offices of ARDBs as well as bring transparency and uniformity in the functioning of these offices, which will make them more efficient and save the time.
18 lakh accounts under Mahila Samman Savings Certificate opened
- Over 18 lakh accounts to the tune of over 11 thousand crore rupees have been opened under Mahila Samman Savings Certificate 2023 across the country.
- The new scheme Mahila Samman Savings Certificate was launched on 1st April this year.
- The two-year tenure scheme offers an attractive and fixed interest of 7.5 percent interest compounded quarterly.
- The scheme is valid for a two-year period upto 31st March 2025. More than 33 thousand accounts to tune of 405 crore rupees have been opened in Delhi.
Rohit Sharma Smashes India’s Fastest World Cup Century
- India captain Rohit Sharma slammed his 31st ODI century in the World Cup 2023 at Delhi’s Arun Jaitley Stadium.
- He completed his hundred off 63 balls, fetching him the record for the fastest century ever by an Indian in the history of World Cup surpassing the legendary Sachin Tendulkar for the most hundreds.
- Before Rohit, the milestone belonged to Kapil Dev off 72 balls against Zimbabwe in 1983, the India captain bested the former all-rounder’s accomplishment by nine balls as India dominated Afghanistan in their chase of 273 and won by 8 wickets.
- Earlier during his innings, Rohit knocked down two more impressive milestones. First, he completed 1000 runs in World Cup, becoming only the fourth Indian to the landmark after Tendulkar, Virat Kohli and Sourav Ganguly and then struck three sixes to become the leading six-hitter in international cricket, surpassing ‘Universe Boss’s Chris Gayle.
National Games 2023 to be held in Goa
- The 37th edition of the National Games 2023 will be held in Goa from October 26 to November 9.
- This will be the first time Goa will host the National Games.
- The National Games are India’s homespun Olympic-style multi-sport event where athletes from the various states and Union Territories compete for medals.
- Several prominent Indian athletes like Neeraj Chopra, Sania Mirza, Mirabai Chanu, Sajan Prakash and Manu Bhaker among others have participated in the National Games.
- The National Games were first held in Lahore, undivided India, in 1924 and were known as the Indian Olympic Games until 1938.
- This year’s National Games will have a record number of 43 sports, including Olympic and indigenous sports. Last year, over 7,000 athletes featured in 36 sports. Kho Kho, yogasana and mallakhamb made their National Games debut.
- The National Games 2023 will mark the debut of several new sports, including beach football, roll ball, golf, sepaktakraw, sqay martial arts, kalliyarapattu and pencak silat. Additionally, yachting and taekwondo are making a return after their exclusion during the last edition.
- Traditional sports lagori and gatka have been included as demonstration sports.
- Over 10,000 athletes are expected to participate at the National Games 2023.
- The Services Sports Control Board, the team representing the Indian Armed Forces, became the National Games champions in Gujarat last year with 128 medals, including 61 golds. Maharashtra followed with 140 medals which included 39 gold medals, narrowly ahead of Haryana’s 38 gold medals from an overall tally of 116.
12 October – World Arthritis Day
- World Arthritis Day is observed on October 12 every year.
- It aims to create awareness about rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMSs).
- Theme 2023 – Living with an RMD at all stages of life.
- Arthritis is an inflammatory disease that affects the joints. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are the most common types of arthritis.
- The inflammation and tenderness of one or more joints due to arthritis contribute to joint pain and stiffness. This condition worsens with age. Arthritis can drastically lower a person’s quality of life. There is no cure for arthritis.
13 October – International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction
- The International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction (IDDR) is celebrated every year on 13 October.
- Objective -To create awareness about disasters, their impact on living beings, and preventive measures.
- Theme 2023 – Fighting inequality for a resilient future.
- One of the main aims behind observing this day is to educate communities about the risks posed by disasters and prepare them to survive through both natural and human-made disasters.
- The International Day for Disaster Reduction was first established by the United Nations in to foster a culture of disaster awareness and reduction.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|