Daily Current Affairs 14th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
UIDAI topped the Grievance Redressal Index for the fourth consecutive month in November
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has been awarded the first rank among all group A ministries, departments, and autonomous bodies for resolution of public grievances for the fourth month in a row in November.
- The rankings report is published by the department of administrative reforms and public grievances (DARPG) for November 2022.
- This is the fourth month in a row when UIDAI has topped the said rankings.
- UIDAI’s new Open-Source CRM (customer relationship management) system is enhancing user experience and improving service delivery to the residents.
- This system has the capability to support multiple channels like phone call, e-mail, chatbot, web portal, social media, letter, and walk-in through which the grievances can be registered, tracked and resolved effectively.
- UIDAI is constantly working to facilitate “ease of living” for residents and is further committed to strengthen its Grievance Redressal Mechanism towards an even more efficient service delivery.
Dalmia Bharat to acquire Jaypee Group’s cement assets for Rs 5,666 crore
- Dalmia Bharat Ltd has announced the acquisition of the cement assets of Jaypee Group’s flagship company Jaiprakash Associates Ltd and its associate firms at an enterprise value of Rs 5,666 crore.
- The deal includes a total cement capacity of 9.4 Million tones (MnT) per annum, along with clinker capacity of 6.7 MnT and thermal power plants of 280MW at an enterprise value of Rs 5,666 crore.
- These assets are situated in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh.
- Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL) presently has an aggregate capacity of around 6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) and Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd has around 4 MTPA.
CJI inaugurated digitization hubs in 10 districts of Odisha
- Chief Justice of India (CJI) DY Chandrachud has virtually inaugurated District Court Digitisation Hubs (DCDH) in 10 districts of Odisha.
- The hubs at Angul, Bhadrak, Jharsuguda, Kalahandi, Keonjhar, Koraput, Malkangiri, Mayurbhanj, Nayagarh, and Sonepur, will take care of digitization work of all 30 districts of the state.
- Each DCDH will be assigned the task of digitizing the surrounding districts.
- The objective of the Hub would be to digitize the disposed case records of the nearby assigned districts.
- In April 2021, four District Court Digitization Centres (DCDC) were set up on a pilot basis in Cuttack, Ganjam, Sambalpur and Balasore districts.
- Chief Justice Odisha High Court – S Muralidhar
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Tamil Nadu CM inaugurated statue of ‘Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar’ in Varanasi
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Stalin has inaugurated the statue of Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar at the renovated house of Bharathiyar at Varanasi via video conference.
- Stalin also released a souvenir on his centenary. Bharathiyar’s 141st birth anniversary on behalf of the State Government in various places in the State.
- Bharathiyar was a Tamil writer, poet, journalist, Indian independence activist, social reformer, and polyglot.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
8th India International Science Festival to be held in Bhopal in January 2023
- The eighth edition of the India International Science Festival (IISF) will be held in Bhopal in January 2023.
- Objective – To celebrate the country’s achievements in the field of science, technology and innovation.
- 14 events will be organized during the four-day event beginning January 21 at the Maulana Azad Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
- ISF is the initiative of the Ministry of Science & Technology and Ministry of Earth Science of Government of India in association with Vijnana Bharati which is a science movement with swadeshi spirit led by eminent scientists of the country.
- The IISF 2022 is the eighth edition since its inception in 2015.
- The 1st and 2nd IISF were held in New Delhi, the third in Chennai, 4th in Lucknow, 5th in Kolkata, 6th through virtual mode and 7th one in Goa.
France to host International Conference “Standing with the Ukrainian People”
- France will host an International conference “Standing with the Ukrainian People” in Paris.
- Objective – To coordinate international support for civilian resilience in Ukraine and address the people’s urgent humanitarian needs.
- The Ukrainian people are facing dire difficulties in all sectors essential to life: electricity supply, food security, water supply, and access to medical care.
- This situation is aggravated by the onset of winter and by the increased Russian bombardments against civilian infrastructures in Ukraine, particularly energy infrastructure, resulting in severe blackouts.
- The goal of the conference is therefore to muster international humanitarian aid to bolster the Ukrainian people’s resilience through the harsh winter, and establish a coordination mechanism to ensure effective and needs-based delivery of aid.
- Russian forces attacked Ukraine on 24 Feb 22.
- This event will gather representatives from 47 countries as well as 22 International organizations.
- Capital- Paris
- President- Emmanuel Macron
- Prime Minister- Elisabeth Borne
- Official language- French
SpiceJet awarded ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by Delhi airport
- SpiceJet has been awarded the ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi Airport Awards for being the top performer among the self-handling airlines.
- Its ground handling team at Delhi Airport achieved this performance through constant focus on quality improvements, innovation and hard work.
- Recently, the airline was audited by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and its operations, safety processes, and systems were found to be strong and at par with the global best practices and safety standards.
- US Presidential Lifetime Award – Indian origin Krishna Vavilala
- First prize in Ayushman Bharat health account ID generation – Jammu and Kashmir
- World Athlete of the Year 2022 awards – McLaughlin-Levrone & Mondo Duplantis
- Nadoja Award – S Shadakshari, Krishnappa G & Dr. C N Manjunath
- Prime Minister’s prize in Australia – Veena Nair
Venkaiah Naidu conferred with SIES Award for public leadership
- Former vice president Venkaiah Naidu has been conferred with the 25th Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi National Eminence Award (SIES).
- Other awardees in various categories included the Governor of Kerala Arif Mohammed Khan, eminent industrialist Ratan Tata, renowned cardiologist and Padma Vibhushan awardee Dr. Marthanda Varma Sankaran Valianathan, Scientific Advisor to the Government of India Ajay Sood and famous Harikatha artiste Vishakha Hari.
- The awards are given in the fields of public leadership, community leadership, science and technology, and social thinkers who have made outstanding contributions in their respective fields.
- The awards were instituted by the South Indian Education Society in 1998 in memory of the late Seer of Kanchi, Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati.
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2022 – Chipko Movement (Shekhar Pathak)
- Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022 for the India segment – Canara Bank
- Earthshot Prize 2022 – Telangana startup Kheyti.
- ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal at IFFI 53 – Iranian film ‘Nargesi’
- 41st IITF 2022 – Ministry of Health
- Champions of the Earth award – Purnima Devi Burman
Bal Veer actor Dev Joshi among eight-member crew for SpaceX moon trip
- Indian actor Dev Joshi, who played the lead in TV show Baal Veer, is among the eight people who will take the flight around moon on a spaceship.
- They will travel around the moon’s orbit on the spacecraft Starship developed by Elon Musk’s SpaceX for six days before returning to Earth. It will not land on the moon.
- K-pop star T.O.P, American DJ Steve Aoki, American YouTuber Tim Dodd, Czech choreographer Yemi A.D., Irish photographer Rhiannon Adam, British photographer Karim Iliya, American filmmaker Brendan Hall will also join him in the first civilian moon mission led by Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa.
- SpaceX has developed a prototype of the Starship spacecraft for moon and Mars exploration but has yet to succeed in orbital spaceflight.
- Indian TV actor Dev Joshi in ‘dearMoon CREW’ for SpaceX Moon Trip.
Jos Buttler & Sidra Ameen won ICC Player of Month Awards for November 2022
- England captain Jos Buttler has been named ICC Men’s Player of the Month award for November 2022 for his brilliant performance in the crunch semi-final match against India and for leading England to their first T20 World Cup title since 2010.
- Buttler beat Adil Rashid and Shaheen Shah Afridi to win the ICC Player of the Month award.
- While Pakistan’s opening batter, Sidra Ameen became the second successive winner of the women’s Player of the Month award from the country, thanks to her brilliant performance in the ODI series win over Ireland.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022- Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022 -Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022 -Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022 -Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July 2022– Prabath Jasasurya (Sri Lanka)
- August 2022- Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)
- September 2022- Mohammed Rizwan (Pakistan)
- October 2022– Virat Kohli (India)
ICC Women’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022- Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022- Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022 -Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022 -Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022 – Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July2022 – Emma lamb (England)
- August 2022- Tahlia McGrath (Australia)
- September 2022- Harmanpreet Kaur (India)
- October 2022 – Nida Dar (Pakistan)
Joe Root becomes the 3rd player to score 10000 Test runs
- Former England captain Joe Root has become the third cricketer in history to score 10000 runs and pick up 50 wickets in Test cricket.
- He achieved the feat during the ongoing second Test against Pakistan in Multan.
- Root reached the milestone when he dismissed Faheem Ashraf in the 70th over of Pakistan’s second innings at the Multan Cricket Stadium.
- He has joined Jacques Kallis (South African) and Steve Waugh (former Australian skipper) in scoring 10000 runs and claiming 50 wickets in the longest format.
- Root currently has 10629 Test runs and 50 wickets under his belt. Waugh has 10927 runs and 92 wickets, while Kallis tops the chart with 13289 runs and 292 wickets.
Hyderabad Strikers crowned as champions of Tennis Premier League 2022
- Hyderabad Strikers crowned as champions of 4th Tennis Premier League (TPL) 2022.
- The final of the 4th TPL was held in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The final score of the Hyderabad Strikers was 41-32 and was crowned champions of the event for the 2nd year in a row.
- Hyderabad’s pair S. Balaji and Nikki Poonacha defeated Mumbai’s R. Ramanathan and J. Nedunnchezhiyan 14-6 to win the title.
- The TPL Plus, the grassroots league of the Tennis Premier League that allows young tennis athletes a platform to learn from international and Indian stars was won by Mumbai Leon Army.
Manu Bhaker won gold medal in National Shooting Championship
- Manu Bhaker has won the gold medal in the 10-metre pistol junior women’s event at the National Shooting Championship in Bhopal.
- Representing Haryana at the 65th edition of the National Shooting Championship Manu Bhaker beat Telangana’s Esha Singh 17-13 in the final after topping the qualification with 583 points.
- Olympic silver medallist Vijay Kumar from Himachal Pradesh bagged the national title in the men’s 25m centre fire pistol.
14 December – International Energy Day
- India celebrates National Energy Conservation Day on December 14.
- Objective – To raise awareness of the value of energy and the need to conserve it by using less of it.
- The day is dedicated to advocating initiatives to conserve energy resources and raising public awareness of global warming and climate change.
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), established under the Union Ministry of Power, has been organizing the National Energy Conservation Day since 1991.
Poland’s only cosmonaut Mirosław Hermaszewski passed away
- Poland’s only cosmonaut Gen Mirosław Hermaszewski passed away recently at the age of 81.
- Hermaszewski circled the Earth in a Soviet spacecraft in 1978.
- For nine days in June and July 1978, he and Soviet cosmonaut Pyotr Klimuk circled the Earth in the Soyuz 30 spaceship that docked at the Salyut 6 orbital space station.
- They went around the globe 126 times. He was the 89th human to reach outer space.
- He was a part of manned space flight for the USSR on June 27, 1978.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|