Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 15th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
‘AAINA Dashboard for Cities’ portal launched by Ministry of Housing
- The ‘AAINA Dashboard for Cities’ portal aaina.gov.in has been made live by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Here the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) across the country can participate in this pioneering initiative to voluntarily submit their data on a regular basis, through a simple, easy-to-fill, data entry form on the portal.
- The primary objectives of the AAINA Dashboard are to help cities to (i) see how they are faring vis-à-vis other cities, (ii) inspire them by pointing to possibilities and areas of improvement and (iii) providing opportunity to learn and engage with frontrunners.
- While not ranking the ULBs, the AAINA dashboard would serve as a tool for comparing similarly placed cities and promoting peer learning among cities.
- The Dashboard will present the data submitted by the ULBs on the basis of indicators across five broad pillars namely, (i) Political & Administrative Structure, (ii) Finance, (iii) Planning, (iv) Citizen Centric Governance and (v) Delivery of Basic Services.
Meghalaya launches ‘Food Security’ campaign to achieve zero hunger
- Meghalaya has launched the ‘Food Security’ Campaign, which focuses on sensitizing the public about the National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013 and strives to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 2 – ‘Zero Hunger.
- This campaign has been initiated by the state to sensitize the citizens of Meghalaya regarding the availability of food grains to even the poorest of people.
- It also aims to reach out to key stakeholders, community-based institutions, the general public and other partners regarding the facilities and schemes of the government.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – Phagu Chauhan
INDO-PACIFIC REGIONAL DIALOGUE 2023 held in New Delhi
- The annual apex-level international conference of the Indian Navy – the Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) – will be held in New Delhi from 15 to 17 November 2023.
- The event will include a Keynote Address by Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, the Hon’ble Vice President of India and a series of Special Addresses by Union Ministers and senior officers of the Government of India.
- The overarching theme of IPRD-2023 is “Geopolitical Impacts upon Indo-Pacific Maritime Trade and Connectivity”.
- The first two editions of IPRD were held in 2018 and 2019 respectively at New Delhi. IPRD 2020 was cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak. The third edition of IPRD was held in 2021 in online mode and the fourth edition was conducted, reverting to a physical format, at New Delhi in 2022.
10th ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting to be held in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will pay an official visit to Indonesian capital Jakarta from November 16 to 17, 2023 to attend the 10th ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting-Plus (ADMM-Plus).
- On the sidelines of the highest defence consultative and cooperative mechanism in ASEAN, ADMM-Plus, Rajnath Singh will hold bilateral meetings with the Defence Ministers of the participating 18 countries and discuss defence cooperation matters to further strengthen mutually-beneficial engagements.
- The ADMM-Plus is a platform for the ASEAN member States — Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and its eight Dialogue Partners — India, US, China, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand — to strengthen security and defence cooperation.
- The ADMM-Plus progresses practical cooperation amongst member countries through seven Experts Working Groups (EWGs) namely maritime security, military medicine, cyber security, peacekeeping operations, counter-terrorism, humanitarian mine action and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HADR).
- During the 10th ADMM-Plus, the next set of co-chairs for the cycle 2024-2027 would also be announced. In the present cycle, from 2021-2024, India, who became dialogue partner of the ASEAN in 1992, is co-chairing EWG on HADR along with Indonesia.
6th Meeting of the India-OPEC Energy Dialogue held at Vienna
- The 6th High-Level Meeting of the India-OPEC Energy Dialogue took place at the OPEC Secretariat in Vienna, Austria.
- The Meeting was co-chaired by HE Haitham Al Ghais, Secretary General of OPEC, and HE Hardeep Singh Puri, Honourable Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs of the Republic of India.
- The open and candid discussions at the Meeting focused on key issues related to oil and energy markets with a specific emphasis on ensuring availability, affordability and sustainability, which are necessary in ensuring the stability of energy markets.
- The two sides discussed the short, medium and long-term outlooks for the industry and recognized the important role of India in global economic growth and energy demand.
- The sides noted the World Oil Outlook 2023, which forecasted that India would be the fastest-growing major developing economy, averaging long-term growth of 6.1% between 2022 – 2045 and to account for over 28% of incremental global energy demand during the same period.
- The sides also noted the need for continued cooperation and dialogue in the interest of both producers and consumers while also exploring further areas for future cooperation.
“800”- biopic of Sri Lankan cricketer Muttiah Muralitharan released
- “800”, the biopic of Sri Lankan cricket legend Muttiah Muralitharan, will have its digital premiere on JioCinema on December 2.
- The Tamil film, starring “Slumdog Millionaire” actor Madhurr Mittal in the role of the spinner, was released in theatres on October 6.
- Written and directed by MS Sripathy, the film is titled “800” after the record number of wickets Muralitharan took in Test cricket. It is produced by Movie Train Motion Pictures.
India ranked 117th among 129 nations in inclusiveness index by US varsity
- India is ranked 117th in the list of 129 countries in the world in the inclusiveness index published by the Othering and Belonging Institute (OBI) at California University, United States.
- New Zealand finished first in the index for the second consecutive year. Portugal recorded its best showing by securing second place followed by the Netherlands in third place.
- Smaller countries like Bangladesh (106) and Israel (115) were placed better than India.
- The index examines inclusivity in terms of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and the general population using several measures.
- India was ranked last (129) in religion inclusiveness, 121st in gender, 108th in disability, 87th in race, 40th in the general population, and 39th in LGBTQ.
- Iran was placed at the bottom of the global list. Yemen, which has been devastated by the Saudiled invasion performed poorly followed by the Comoros Islands, a former French colony located off the southeastern coast of Africa.
- OBI has been publishing the inclusiveness index from 2016 ranking the countries by their levels of inclusion using a number of indicators.
- Global Pension Index 2023 – India ranked 45; Topped by Netherland
- Global Hunger Index 2023 – India ranked 111th
- Global Innovation Index 2023 -India at 40th; topped by Switzerland
- World Talent Ranking 2023 – India ranked 56th; topped by Switzerland
- World’s Freest Economy Report – Rank 1. Singapore, 2. Hong Kong, 3. Switzerland, 4. New Zealand, 5. US
New Zealand launches interactive map for biodiversity restoration
- New Zealand launched a new interactive map to restore a minimum of 15 percent local biodiversity within every catchment in the next nearly 100 years.
- The interactive map from Eco-index includes information on the type of habitat that existed there historically and targets for restoring 15 per cent of biodiversity in each area.
- The free, open access-resourced tool will help community groups, businesses, government and land managers to set restoration priorities for areas where local biodiversity is most at risk, said Eco-index, a program aiming at tackling the challenge of biodiversity decline in New Zealand.
- The launch of the ecosystem restoration map provides a tool for those seeking to make strategically significant investment decisions on biodiversity redress, said Bruce Burns, associate professor of the School of Biological Sciences of the University of Auckland.
About New Zealand
- Capital – Wellington
- Currency – Dollar
- Prime Minister – Christopher Luxon
- Deputy Prime Minister – Carmel Sepuloni
Banking and Financial
ICICI Bank receives RBI’s nod to make Securities a wholly-owned subsidiary
- ICICI Bank has received a green signal from the Reserve Bank to make I-Process Services (India) Private Ltd a wholly-owned subsidiary of the lender.
- The board of the bank had, at its meeting held on February 17-18, 2023, approved a proposal for making I-Process Services (India) Private Limited (iProcess) a wholly-owned subsidiary of the bank, subject to receipt of requisite regulatory and statutory approval.
- Started in 2005, I-Process Services (India) Private Ltd was set up to provide staffing solutions services for some of India’s top financial institutions.
- With in-depth experience across recruitment, HR operations, payroll, compliance and training, I-Process can smartly negotiate market challenges and evolving social dynamics to always offer cutting-edge solutions.
About Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
- Founded – 1994
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline – Hum Hai Na Khayal Apka
Apolinaris D’Souza honored with 19th ‘Kalakar Puraskar’ award
- Singer, songwriter and composer Apolinaris D’Souza has been chosen for the 19th ‘Kalakar Puraskar’ presented by Mandd Sobhann, in association with ‘Carval Ghorane’.
- This honour, comprising of Rs 50,000 cash, a shawl, fruits, flowers, citation of honour and a memento will be presented on November 5, during the 263rd monthly theatre at Kalaangann, Shakthinagar.
- Apolinaris D’Souza, born in 1953, embarked on a journey of artistic excellence from a young age. After completing his education at St Aloysius College, Mangalore, he ventured to Oman in search of better opportunities.
- His passion for Konkani music, combined with his dedication and creativity, paved the way for a remarkable career. Apolinaris’s contributions to Konkani music have left an indelible mark, both in Oman and his hometown, Mangalore.
- The ‘Kalakar Puraskar’ was established in 2005 by linguist Pratap Naik, SJ, and his Carvalho Household of Kundapura.
- Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023 – Kerala
- Businessline’s Changemaker of the Year’ 2023 Award – Reserve Bank of India
- Iconic changemaker of the year – Amul
- Mahatma Awards 2023 – Digital Transformation solutions company UST
- Kerala Jyothi Award 2023 – T. Padmanabhan
- British Academy Book Prize 2023 for Cultural Understanding – Nandini Das
Gurkeerat Singh Mann announced retirement from international cricket
- Gurkeerat Singh Mann, who played three ODIs on the 2016 tour of Australia, has announced his retirement from international and Indian cricket
- Besides batting in the middle-order for India, the 33-year-old also bowled 10 overs of off-spin in the ODI series against Australia.
- He first attracted attention on the domestic circuit in 2011 when his fiery batting helped Punjab win the CK Nayudu Trophy.
- He was also in brilliant form during the Ranji Trophy in 2015-16, when he slammed a double century.
- Before making his ODI debut, he earned a call-up to India’s Test team for the home series against South Africa but could not make his debut.
- In the IPL, he played for Punjab Kings, Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) and Royal Challengers Bangalore. He was part of the title winning Gujarat Titans squad in 2022 but did not get a game.
- In 41 IPL games, he made 511 runs at a strike rate of 121.
Recently Retired Players
- Meg Lanning – International Cricket – Australia
- Sunil Narine – International cricket – West Indies
- David Willey – International Cricket – England
- Sornnarin Tippoch – International Cricket – Thailand
- Alastair Cook – International Cricket – England
- Steven Finn – All forms of Cricket – England
15 November – Jharkhand Foundation Day
- Jharkhand is the 28th state of India. It was formed on November 15, 2000 after a long-standing tribal movement for statehood.
- Jharkhand was earlier a part of Bihar, more precisely it was then South Bihar. 15th November is the birth anniversary of tribal leader Birsa Munda who was a part of the tribal movement against the British in the 1870s.
- He was arrested by the British when he got highly involved in the movement and died in a Ranchi jail at the young age of 25 in 1900.
- Jharkhand state is rich in minerals like coal, iron ore, copper ore, uranium, mica, bauxite, granite, limestone, silver, graphite, magnetite, and dolomite.
- Agriculture is the main source of income for 80% population in Jharkhand. Rice is an important cultivation in Jharkhand. Chau is the most famous dance form of Jharkhand.
Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi, Oberoi Group Chairman passed away
- Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi aka ‘Biki’, the doyen of Indian hospitality and Chairman Emeritus of the Oberoi Group passed away at the age of 94.
- He was the Executive Chairman of EIH Limited, the Flagship Company of The Oberoi Group, and the Chairman of Oberoi Hotels Private Limited, the major shareholder of EIH Limited.
- Popularly known as the man who changed the outlook of
- the hotel business in India.
- PRS Oberoi received numerous awards including the Padma Vibhushan (India’s second highest civilian honor) in January 2008 for his exceptional service to the country, the Lifetime Achievement Award at ILTM, the ‘2010 Corporate Hotelier of the World award, the Lifetime Achievement Award, the Businessman of the Year 2008, the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award for Management, and others.
Founder of Sahara group, Subrata Roy passed away
- Subrata Roy, the founder of Sahara India Pariwar, passed away. He was 75.
- Born in Bihar’s Araria in 1948, he made a modest start with a capital for only Rs 2,000 to build Sahara India.
- Eventually he shifted to Lucknow in the 1990s and made the city the headquarters of his group.
- Sahara India Pariwar was once hailed by Time magazine as the second-largest employer in India after Indian Railways, boasting a workforce of around 1.2 million people.
- The group claimed to have more than 9 crore investors, representing a significant portion of Indian households.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|