Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 16th and 17th September 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Cabinet approves signing of an MoU between India and Armenia
- The Government has approved the signing of an MoU between the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India and the Ministry of High-Tech Industry of Armenia on Cooperation in the field of sharing successful Digital Solutions implemented at the Population Scale for Digital Transformation.
- The MoU intends to promote closer cooperation and exchange of experiences and digital technologies-based solutions in the implementation of digital transformational initiatives of both the country.
- It envisages improved collaboration leading to employment opportunities in the field of IT. The MoU will remain in force for a period of three years.
- In another decision of the Cabinet Meeting, the Centre also approved the signing of similar MoUs with Antigua and Barbuda and Sierra Leone on Cooperation in the field of sharing successful Digital Solutions implemented at the Population Scale for Digital Transformation.
- Capital- Yerevan
- Currency- Armenian dram
- President -Vahagn Khachaturyan
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- India and Saudi Arabia sign Agreement on Cooperation in Energy Sector
- India and New Zealand signs a MoU to boost cooperation in civil aviation
- India signs MoU with Trinidad and Tobago on sharing INDIA STACK
- India and Laos sign MOUs for five quick impact projects in education, health, water facility, and IT.
- India & Argentina signs MoU for bilateral exchange of young researchers
- India & Sri Lanka sign MoU on cooperation in field of renewable energy
Amazon Web Services ties up with ISRO to advance its Al capabilities
- Amazon’s cloud computing division Amazon Web Services (AWS) has signed an agreement with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) to support space technology with its cloud products.
- This will help space startups and research institutes tap cloud technologies and develop talent. Also, it means startups can develop space-tech solutions and improve their research and development using AWS.
- Cloud computing-led innovations enable the space industry to make faster decisions and help startups identify use cases and accelerate solution development.
- AWS hopes to grow in the Indian market with space-tech associations as India opens up its space sector to private players creating a successful startup ecosystem.
IndiGo becomes official airline for Indian football team
- IndiGo has become the global partner and official airline for the Indian football team.
- As the official airline for the Indian football team, IndiGo’s network is meticulously designed to cater to the diverse travel requirements of players, officials, and support staff.
- The partnership with the All-India Football Federation ( AIFF ) is for one year.
Gujarat passes bill reserving 27% local body seats for OBCs
- The Gujarat Assembly has passed the Gujarat Local Authorities Law (Amendment) Bill 2023 by a majority vote to raise reservation for Other Backward Class (OBC) communities in local self-government bodies to 27 percent from the current 10 percent.
- The Bill provides for a 27 percent quota for over 160 communities listed under OBC in Gujarat, in municipal corporations, municipalities and panchayats, making Gujarat the fourth state in the country to provide for such reservation.
- The new law will lead to amendments in the Gujarat Provincial Municipal Corporation Act, 1949, governing the eight municipal corporations, besides the Gujarat Municipalities Act and the Gujarat Panchayat Act.
- Currently, the quota reserved for SC is 7 percent and for ST it is 14 percent in the local self-government bodies.
- The population of OBCs in the state is estimated to be 52 percent in rural areas and 46.43 percent in urban areas, with an average population of 49 percent in the entire state.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Banking and Financial
SIDBI partners with Tata Power for MSME solar rooftop financing
- Tata Power Solar Systems Limited (TPSSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TREPL) has partnered with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to provide loans to MSMEs looking to install rooftop Solar PV plants from Tata Power or its authorized channel partners.
- The two entities signed a memorandum of understanding for the same at the Global SME Finance Forum 2023 in Mumbai.
- SIDBI will facilitate the ‘ease of opting’ for renewable energy in the MSME sector and power its quest to become more efficient and globally competitive.
- Tata Power Solar and SIDBI also launched The Big Solar Fest to encourage the adoption of solar energy among MSMEs with zero percent processing fees for the upcoming festive season.
- Tata Power Solar offers solar energy solutions from installation to operational maintenance and has so far provided 11.5 GWp ground-mounted solar capacity, over 1.7 GWp rooftop-mounted solar capacity systems, and more than 1 lakh solar water pumps.
- CEO & MD of Tata Power – Dr. Praveer Sinha
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Founded – 2 April 1990
- Headquarters – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Chairman & MD – Siva S Ramann
Yes Bank partnered with BriskPe to enable seamless cross-border payment
- Cross-border payments’ fintech company BriskPe and Yes Bank have partnered to introduce BriskPe A2A, a suite of solutions designed to empower exporters and importers.
- This strategic partnership enables BriskPe’s customers to collect payments in over 36 foreign currencies, spanning over more than 180 countries.
- The funds can then be converted into Indian Rupees (INR) and settled directly into their local bank accounts in India within a single business day.
- This collaboration represents a significant leap in the realm of cross-border payments, benefiting Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the manufacturing and services sectors.
- The product is set to redefine the landscape of international trade with features like real-time transaction processing and instant eFIRA generation.
- Through this, the bank also aims to contribute and strongly align with the government’s aim of boosting the MSME sector and transforming India into a global export powerhouse.
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Chairman – Sunil Mehta
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
Recent MoU in Banking Sector
- NABARD partners with UNDP to boost data-driven innovations
- IREDA signed MoU with the Union Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to co-finance renewable energy (RE) projects.
- Mastercard partners with KredX to Make B2B Payments Rewarding for Vendors
- Indian Bank partners with OneCard to launch mobile-first, premium credit card
- REC signs USD 100 million Loan Agreement with EXIM Bank
Odisha Govt signs MoU with six public sector banks to provide banking
- The Odisha government has signed an MoU with six public sector banks for providing banking services in all unbanked gram panchayats (GPs) of the state through customer service point (CSP) Plus banking outlets.
- These banks were the State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, UCO Bank, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda.
- The banking penetration in the state is quite low and not uniform across the districts. As many as 4,373 out of 6,798 GPs not have brick-and-mortar branches. That means around 65 percent of GPs do not have such bank branches.
- Since banking is an essential service for financial inclusion, every GP of the state needs to be provided with a brick-and-mortar branch for easy access to banking services.
- In view of this, the state has come forward with a scheme for providing banking services to every GP through CSP Plus banking outlets. The scheme will be implemented in a phased manner to cover unbanked GPs of the state within the current financial year 2023-24.
- The state government will provide rent-free banking space for five years. It will also bear one-time expenses for fixed costs and recurring expenses for a period of three years.
Recent MoUs signed by State Government
- The Jharkhand govt signed MoU with TCPL Green Energy Solutions Private Ltd. to set up the country’s “first” hydrogen fuel project in Jamshedpur.
- ISB signed MoU with Goa government for knowledge partnership
- Karnataka govt, Foxconn sign Letter of Intent with Rs 5000 cr investment
- Punjab govt signs MoU with BCEIP to launch online course ‘English for Work
- Himachal Pradesh signs MoU with Oil India Ltd for Green Hydrogen
Appointment and Resignation
S.R. Batliboi appointed as a Paytm auditor
- S.R. Batliboi & Associates LLP has been appointed as the new statutory auditor of Paytm for 5 years.
- Price Waterhouse Chartered Accountants LLP has completed its term as the statutory auditor of the company at the conclusion of the AGM.
- Price Waterhouse Chartered Accountants LLP on August 7 announced its resignation as auditor of Paytm Payments Services Limited with immediate effect.
- PwC had cited the change of auditors at the holding company level and Paytm’s practice to align the auditor of the holding company and subsidiaries to bring in synergies in the audit process.
Recent Appointment in Banking & Insurance Sector
- MD & CEO of ICICI Bank – Sandeep Bakshi (reappointment for 3 year)
- Managing Director of SBI – Vinay M. Tonse (recommended)
- Interim MD & CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank – Dipak Gupta (replace Uday Kotak)
- Chairman of Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC) – Umesh Revankar
- SEBI whole-time members – Kamlesh Varshneym & Amarjeet Singh (SK Mohanty & Ananta Barua)
Sindhu Gangadharan appointed VC of NASSCOM
- Sindhu Gangadharan has been appointed as the Vice Chairperson of the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
- She is currently Senior Vice-Chairperson and Managing Director at SAP Labs India.
- As the first woman to lead SAP Labs India, which is SAP’s largest R&D center globally, Gangadharan is responsible for overseeing product development and innovation across all five centers located in Bangalore, Gurgaon, Pune, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
- Earlier this year, Gangadharan was appointed as the Chairperson of the Nasscom GCC Council for the term 2023-2025.
About National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)
- Founded – 1988
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Rajesh Nambiar
- President – Debjani Ghosh
- Director (Finance) of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) – Joshit Ranjan Sikidar
- MD & CEO Tata Steel – TV Narendran (reappointment)
- Chief Operations Manager of Central Railway – Shyam Sunder Gupta (replace Mukul Jain)
- Secretary of the Department of Telecommunications – Neeraj Mittal (replace K Rajaraman)
- Secretary of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology – S Krishnan (replace Alkesh Kumar Sharma)
Rahul Navin appoints as interim Director of ED
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer Rahul Navin has been appointed as the interim director of probe agency Enforcement Directorate till the appointment of a regular director. Navin is a distinguished IRS officer of the 1993 batch.
- He replaced outgoing director Sanjay Kumar Mishra.
- Rahul Navin currently holds the post of Special Director in the Enforcement Directorate.
- Sanjay Kumar Mishra initially assumed the role of Director in the Enforcement Directorate for a two-year tenure from November 19, 2018.
- The central government later issued an order on November 13, 2020, which extended Mishra’s tenure from two years to three years with retrospective effect.
About Enforcement Directorate (ED)
- Established- 1 May 1956
- Headquarters- New Delhi, India
- Focus Area- Investigation and prosecution of financial crimes, money laundering, foreign exchange violations, and economic crimes.
- Administrative Control- Works under the administrative control of the Revenue Department.
- Ministry Affiliation- Part of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- DG of Railway Protection Force – Manoj Yadava (replace Sanjay Chander)
- DG of Indian Coast Guard (ICG) – Rakesh Pal (25th)
- Special Director of CBI – Ajay Bhatnagar
- Additional Director of CBI – Anurag
- Chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) – Ravi Sinha (replace Samant Kumar Goel)
- Director general of the Border Security Force (BSF) – Nitin Agarwal
RITES Limited awarded with Safety Innovation Award 2023
- Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES) Limited has received the ‘Safety Innovation Award 2023’ in the ‘Construction’ category.
- The award was presented to RITES’ officials during the inaugural function of the 20th Safety Convention organized by The Institution of Engineers (India), the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers in New Delhi.
- RITES, having a multi-sectoral presence, has consistently embraced best safety practices in its operations, exemplifying its commitment to prioritizing safety measures at worksites.
- RITES is a multi-sector company that consistently prioritizes safety at its workplaces.
About Rail India Technical and Economic Service Limited (RITES Ltd)
- Established- 1974
- Headquarters- Gurugram, India
- Chairman and MD- Rahul Mithal
- Green Railway Certification by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) – Vijayawada Railway Station (Platinum rating)
- The Lifetime Achievement Award in Academia – VC of Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Najma Akhtar
- Dr AM Gokhale Award – Ophthalmologist Dr Sanjay Kumar Mishra
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award for 2022 – 12 scientists selected
- Leading Fintech Personality of the Year Award by Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC) – Adeeb Ahamed
Maharashtra wins 5th National Wheelchair Rugby Championship 2023
- Maharashtra clinched the title of champions in the 5th National Wheelchair Rugby Championship 2023 by securing a convincing victory over Karnataka.
- It was organized by The Indian Rugby Football Union (Rugby India), the governing body for rugby in India.
- It was conducted in association with the Wheelchair Rugby Federation of India and Mitsubishi
- This National Wheelchair Rugby Championship 2023 marked a major milestone for Wheelchair Rugby in India. With the participation of 14 states, the event was the largest national wheelchair event that Rugby India has hosted till date.
- The states participating were Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and host Maharashtra.
15 September – World Lymphoma Awareness Day
- World Lymphoma Awareness Day is observed every year on 15 September.
- The day is dedicated to educating people about Lymphoma – the cancer of the the lymphatic system.
- Theme 2023 – We Can’t Wait to Focus on Our Feelings
- WLAD’s roots can be traced back to the founding of the Lymphoma Coalition in 2002. This international network brought together lymphoma patient organizations from around the world to collaborate, share resources, and advocate for lymphoma patients.
- In 2004, WLAD was inaugurated to coincide with the establishment of the Lymphoma Coalition. Since then, it has been a global endeavor to raise awareness about lymphoma and its impact on patients.
- Lymphoma is a life-threatening health conditions that occurs when the cells of lymph system (white blood cells or lymphocytes) become cancerous. There are two types of Lymphoma including of Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).
16 September – World Ozone Day
- World Ozone Day, also known as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer, is observed annually on 16 September.
- Ozone Day is celebrated to raise awareness about the depletion of the ozone layer and to explore potential solutions for its preservation.
- Theme 2023 – Montreal Protocol: Recovering the ozone layer and mitigating climate change
- This theme underlines the important role of the Montreal Protocol not only in protecting the ozone layer but also in addressing and mitigating climate change.
- The ozone layer is composed primarily of trioxygen molecules (O3) and acts as a protective shield against harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from the Sun.
What is Ozone layer?
- The ozone layer is a piece of the atmosphere that has high ozone concentrations. Ozone is a gas that is made of three oxygen atoms, O3. Depending on where the ozone layer is, it can either harm life or protect life on Earth.
17 September – World Patient Safety Day
- World Patient Safety Day is annually observed on September 17 every year.
- It aims to raise awareness about the importance of patient safety within clinical and healthcare environments.
- Theme 2023 – Engaging patients for patient safety
- Since 2019, World Patient Safety Day has been observed across the world while stating the global solidarity and the concerted action by different countries and international partner organizations to improve patient safety.
- According to a report by WHO, as many as one million fatalities are reported annually due to errors in patient safety, especially during or after an operation of the patient.
- Additionally, over two million people reportedly suffer from unsafe medical care per year, which is an alarming number.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|