Daily Current Affairs 16th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Geographical Indication tag sought for Beypore Uru
- The District Tourism Promotion Council, Kozhikode, Kerala has applied for a Geographical Indication (GI) tag for the famous Beypore Uru (boat).
What is Beypore Uru?
- It is a wooden dhow (ship/sailing boat/sailing vessel) handcrafted by skilled artisans and carpenters in Beypore, Kerala.
- The Beypore Urus are purely made of premium wood, without using any modern techniques.
- Each Uru takes 1-4 years to make and the entire process is done manually.
- It is a symbol of Kerala’s trade relations and friendship with the Gulf countries.
- The Beypore area has been a maritime hub for traders from around the world since the 1st century and the coveted Uru ships have been in high demand for almost 2000 years.
- Many communities are traditionally associated with Uru-making. Prominent among these are the Odais.
- Top 5 states with maximum GI tags – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Kerala.
- With this, the total number of GI tags in India has gone up to 432.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Recent GI Tag
- Karuppur Kalamkari Painting – Tamil Nadu
- Kandangi Saree – Tamil Nadu
- Narasingapettai Nagaswaram – Tamil Nadu
- Kanniyakumari Clove – Tamil Nadu
- Wada Kolam Rice – Maharashtra
- Alibagh White Onion – Maharashtra
Narendra Tomar chaired 32nd meeting of Board of Directors of NHB
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has chaired the 32nd meeting of the Board of Directors of the National Horticulture Board (NHB) in New Delhi.
- It was decided that the process of approval of horticulture projects will be simplified for the farmers.
- Instead of two stages, the process of approval will now be completed in one go and it will be completely digital, along with the minimum documents will be required, as a result of which the farmers will not face any problems.
- Significantly, many projects which used to be approved in a time period of about 6 to 8 months, will now be approved in just 45 days.
- The meeting also discussed a new initiative of NHB- Swachh Plant Programme, under which problem of availability of planting material to the farmers will be solved by spending 21 hundred crore rupees with the assistance of the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
India gets Rafale’s 36th and last aircraft from France
- India has received all 36 Rafale aircraft from France, with the last aircraft landing in the country.
- According to the Indian Air Force, the aircraft arrived after a quick en-route mid-air refueling from a UAE Air Force tanker aircraft, after taking off from France.
- India and France had signed the inter-government agreement in 2016, under which Paris agreed to provide 36 Rafale fighter jets at a cost of around 60,000 crore rupees to India.
- The first batch of five Rafale jets had arrived on 29th July 2020.
- These jets are stationed at Ambala in Haryana and Hashimara in West Bengal.
About Rafale aircraft
- It was introduced in the year 2001.
- It is a French twin-engine multirole fighter aircraft designed by Dassault Aviation Company of France.
- State-of-the-art technology has been used in it and it is a 4.5-generation fighter aircraft.
- The Meteor missile, SCALP cruise missile and MICA missile system present in it make it very important from the point of view of security.
- It can fly at a speed of 2,222 kilometers per hour and a height of 50,000 feet.
- Its length is about 15.27 meters and it can carry 9,500 kg of bombs and ammunition at a time.
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated of 12 NH development projects in Kerala
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 12 National Highway development projects worth 40,453 crore rupees in Kerala.
- The event has organized at the Travancore International Convention Centre at Karyavattom Sports Hub, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The projects will have 403 km inside Kerala and are implemented by the National Highways Authority of India.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Assamese ‘Gamocha’ gets GI tag
- The government has granted Geographical Indications (GI) Tag to various products, including Gamosa of Assam, Tandur Redgram of Telangana, and an apricot variety of Ladakh.
- ‘Gamocha’ literally means towel and is commonly used on a day-to-day basis in Assamese households.
- The commerce and Industry ministry said that the total number of GI has reached to 432.
- The top five states holding the maximum number of GIs are Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Kerala.
- Recently, the government has supported the promotion of GIs by approving an expenditure of ₹ 75 crore for three years for promotion at awareness programmes.
- A GI is primarily an agricultural, natural or manufactured product (handicraft and industrial goods) originating from a definite geographical territory.
- Typically, such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness, which is essentially attributable to the place of its origin.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Prof Jagdish Mukhi
Recent GI Tag
- Kangra Tea – Himachal Pradesh
- Sirarakhong Chilly – Manipur
- Tamenglong Orange – Manipur
- Gulabi Minakshi – Uttar Pradesh
- Judima Rice – Assam
- Superfood Ant Chatney Kai Chutney – Odisha
Russia replaced Iraq as top oil supplier to India in November
- Russia has for the first time emerged as a top oil supplier to India replacing Iraq in November 2022.
- India’s oil imports from Russia rose for the fifth straight month, totaling 908,000 barrels per day (bpd) in November, up 4% from October.
- The Group of Seven nations, Australia, and the 27 European Union countries have imposed a price cap of $60 a barrel on Russian seaborne oil from December as the West tries to limit Moscow’s ability to finance its war in Ukraine.
- Russian oil accounted for about 23 percent of India’s overall import of about 4 million bpd oil in November.
- During April-November, the first eight months of this fiscal year, Iraq continued to be the largest oil supplier to India followed by Saudi Arabia and Russia, which has knocked down UAE to the fourth position.
- Capital – Moscow
- Currency – Rubel
- President – Vladimir Putin
UK, France, and UAE extend support for India’s permanent membership at UNSC
- The UK, France, and UAE have extended their support for India’s permanent membership at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
- India is holding the presidency of the United Nations Security Council for the month of December 2022.
- The UK Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Dame Barbara Woodward, said, the Security Council must become more representative of the world today and the UK has long called for its expansion in both the permanent and non-permanent categories.
- UK Foreign Secretary publicly reiterated the country’s support for new permanent seats for Brazil, Germany, India, and Japan.
- France thus supports the candidacies of Germany, Brazil, India, and Japan as permanent members.
- The UN Security Council is the premier global body for maintaining International peace and security.
- The Security Council, the United Nations’ principal crisis-management body, is empowered to impose binding obligations on the 193 UN member states to maintain peace.
G-7 approved 15.5 billion US dollar deal with Vietnam
- A group of nine rich industrialized nations has approved a deal to provide Vietnam with 15.5 billion US dollars to help the Southeast Asian nation move faster from coal power to renewable energy, cutting its climate-damaging pollution.
- The Group of Seven major economies, along with Norway and Denmark is to help Vietnam reduce its emissions to “net zero” by 2050.
- It is a goal which experts say needs to be met globally to cap global warming at 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- The Just Energy Transition Partnership with Vietnam is among a series of agreements that developing and rich nations are negotiating.
- The first such deal was signed with South Africa last year, and a similar agreement was reached with Indonesia last month.
- Capital- Hanoi
- Currency- Vietnamese dong
- President – Nguyễn Xuân Phúc
Tokyo makes solar panels mandatory for new homes built after 2025
- The Japanese capital Tokyo local assembly has passed a new regulation which stated that all new houses in Tokyo built by large-scale homebuilders after April 2025 must install solar power panels to cut household carbon emissions.
- Japan is the world’s fifth-largest carbon emitter. The country has committed to achieving carbon neutrality by 2050.
- This new regulation for new built homes requires about 50 major builders to equip homes of up to 2,000 square meters (21,500 square feet) with renewable energy power sources, mainly solar panels.
Iran removed from UN Commission on the Status of Women
- United Nations member states have removed Iran from UN women’s rights group.
- The resolution was proposed by the US to “remove with immediate effect the Islamic Republic of Iran from the Commission on the Status of Women for the remainder of its 2022-2026 term.
- A UN report released in March 2021 described Iranian women and girls as treated like “second class citizens.”
- The Commission is made up of 45 countries which are elected by the Council to four-year terms.
- Iran’s term, which began this year, was to have run through 2026.
- Capital – Tehran
- Currency – Rial
- President – Ebrahim Raisi
16th edition of India & Nepal Joint Training Excercise Surya Kiran begins in Saljhandi
- The 16th edition of Indo-Nepal joint training Exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XVI” between India and Nepal starts at Nepal Army Battle School, Saljhandi (Nepal) from 16 – 29 December 2022.
- The Indo-Nepal military exercise is going to be conducted with the aim to enhance the interoperability of both armies in carrying out operations under the UN mandate.
- During the annual exercise, troops from the Indian Army’s 5 Gorkha Rifles will take part and the Nepalese side will be represented by the soldiers of the Shree Bhawani Baksh Battalion.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence cooperation which will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.
- India & Kazakhstan joint military exercise KAZIND 2022 begins in Umroi, Meghalaya.
- 7th edition of US-India Naval Exercise Sangam held in Goa.
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise ‘Samanvay 2022’ conducted at Air Force Station, Agra.
- A joint military exercise between India-Malaysia “Harimau Shakti-2022” started at Pulai Klang in Malaysia.
- The 13th edition of the bilateral exercise between the Indian navy and the Royal Oman navy Naseem Al Bahr-2022 organized on the coast of Oman.
Axelsen and Yamaguchi won badminton World Tour Finals
- Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen has won the men’s singles title after defeating Indonesia’s Anthony Ginting at the season-ending World Tour Finals in Bangkok.
- While Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi defeated Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying to win the women’s singles title.
- Yamaguchi is the current world champion.
- Chinese Duo Liu Yuchen and Ou Xuanyi defeated Indonesia’s Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan in the Men’s Doubles.
Tata Steel officially partnered FIH Men’s World Cup 2023
- Tata Steel Limited has signed an MoU with Hockey India to become an official partner of the FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023.
- The 15th edition of the Hockey Men’s World Cup will take place in Bhubaneswar-Rourkela, Kerala from January 13 to 29 January 2023.
- The FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup will be the fourth time that India will be hosting the prestigious tournament after organizing it in 1982 in Bombay, 2010 in New Delhi, and 2018 in Bhubaneswar.
- A total of 16 nations will take part in the upcoming tournament.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
16 December – Vijay Diwas
- Vijay Diwas is celebrated in India every year on December 16 to commemorate the victory of India against Pakistan in the 1971 war that led to the creation of Bangladesh as an independent nation.
- After 13 days of battle, India defeated Pakistan on December 16, 1971, in what came to be known as the largest military surrender in history after World War II.
- The chief of the Pakistani forces, General A. K. Niazi surrendered to the joint forces of the Indian Army and Bangladesh’s Mukti Bahini, along with 93,000 Pakistani troops.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|