Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 16th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
K. Singh inaugurates Power Pavilion in New Delhi
- The Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, R. K. Singh has inaugurated a Power Pavilion set up by the Ministry of Power in India International Trade Fair 2023 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The pavilion aims to present the key initiatives in the power sector before the domestic and international industry and to also improve public awareness and participation in the schemes and policies of the government.
- Policy initiatives and themes highlighted at the pavilion include the National Green Hydrogen Mission, Carbon Capture Technology, One Sun-One World-One Grid, Universal Energy Access through Renewable Energy, Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, Smart Energy (Smart Grid, Smart Meter), Pumped Hydro Storage as a pathway to Grid Stability, Energy Transition, Charging Infrastructure and e-Mobility.
Shital Mahajan became first woman to Skydive from Mt Everest
- Indian skydiver Shital Mahajan has jumped off a helicopter from a height of 21,500 ft in front of the world’s highest peak Mt Everest.
- She became the first woman to do so. Mahajan landed at Kalapatthar peak at an altitude 17,444 feet.
- Mahajan is a well-known Indian skydiver who holds several skydiving records and is the recipient of the fourth highest civilian award, the Padma Shri in 2001.
PM Modi launched PVTG Development Mission and Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG) Development Mission, a 24,000 crore rupees scheme on the occasion of the third Janjaatiya Gaurav Diwas from Khunti district in Jharkhand.
- The mission will benefit 75 PVTGs in 18 states and UTs, living in 22,544 villages in 220 districts having a population of around 28 lakhs.
- Modi has also launched ‘Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra’ to ensure saturation of flagship government schemes.
- Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra will inform educate and aware to all beneficiaries. We had also started Gram Swaraj Yojna a few years ago. The Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra will reach all the villages and ensure benefits of all government schemes reaching to all targeted beneficiaries.
- Modi has also dedicated to nation and laid the foundation stone of multiple development projects worth around 7200 crore rupees in Jharkhand.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated 2nd edition of ‘World Food India 2023’ in New Delhi
- PM Modi dedicated projects worth ₹5950 Crore in Gujarat
- PM Modi inaugurated 7th Edition of Indian Mobile Congress
- PM Modi chairs meeting of 43rd edition of PRAGATI
- PM Modi launched Bengaluru Metro’s Purple Line operations
Banking and Financial
India’s WPI records 7th consecutive month of deflation in October
- India’s wholesale inflation continued to decline for the seventh consecutive month in October 2023.
- According to data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the wholesale price index (WPI) recorded a 0.52 percent decline in October compared to the same period last year.
- Wholesale inflation recorded a contraction of 0.26 percent in September.
- The negative rate of inflation in October 2023 is primarily due to fall in prices of chemicals and chemical products, electricity, textiles, basic metals, food products, paper and paper products, etc. as compared to the corresponding month of the previous year.
- Data showed that retail inflation, based on Consumer Price Index (CPI), eased to 4.87 percent in October compared to 5.02 percent in September this year.
- The retail inflation is within the Reserve Bank of India’s upper tolerance limit of 6 percent. The Government has mandated the apex bank to maintain retail inflation at four percent with a margin of two percent on either side.
Recent WPI-based Wholesale inflation
- January 2023 – 4.73%
- February 2023 – 3.85%
- March 2023 – 1.38%
- April 2023 – (-)0.92%
- May 2023 – (-) 3.48%
- June 2023 – (-) 4.12%
- July 2023 – (-) 1.36%
- August 2023 – (-) 0.52%
- September 2023 – (-) 0.26%
- October 2023 – (-) 0.52%
Recent CPI-based Retail inflation
- January 2023 – 6.52%
- February 2023 – 6.44%
- March 2023 –5.66%
- April 2023 – 4.7%
- May 2023 –4.25%
- June 2023 –4.81%
- July 2023 –7.44%
- August 2023 –6.83%
- September 2023 – 5.02%
- October 2023 – 4.87%
Ajay Kumar appointed as advisor to USISPF Board
- Former Indian Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar has been appointed as an advisor to the board of the US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF).
- Kumar served as the defence secretary between August 2019 and October 2022.
- Kumar is the longest-serving secretary in the Ministry of Defence, having also served as Secretary in the Department of Defence Production.
- President and CEO of USISPF – Mukesh Aghi
- UK Foreign Secretary – David Cameron
- MD of Torrent Gas Limited – Manoj Jain
- Member (Finance) at the Airports Authority of India (AAI) – Pankaj Malhotra
- Nominee Director of South-East Asia Gas Pipeline Company Limited (SEAGP) Board – Deepak Gupta
- CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) – Deepesh Nanda (replace Ashish Khanna)
GAIL wins two awards at the Asian Oil and Gas Awards event
- GAIL (India) Limited has won two prestigious awards at the Asian Oil and Gas Awards event held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- “The Innovation Award – India” was given to GAIL for the reduction in LNG shipping cost and emissions through Ship-to-Ship (STS) transfer of LNG with backhauling.
- Another top-notch award “Midstream Project of the Year – India” has been given for the installation of the first floating Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) station at Varanasi.
- The award recognizes the outstanding players in Asia’s oil and gas sector.
Salman Rushdie honored with first ‘Lifetime Disturbing the Peace Award’
- World-renowned author Salman Rushdie has been awarded the first-ever ‘Lifetime Disturbing the Peace Award’ by the Vaclav Havel Center.
- This was Rushdie’s surprise public appearance since he was stabbed during a literary festival in New York in August 2022.
- At 76, Rushdie, recipient of the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade last month, found himself receiving another accolade, reflecting on the irony of being awarded for “disturbing the peace.” He pondered which side of “the fence” this placed him on.
- Champions of Change Award by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy – Dr. Somdutta Singh
- 19th Kalakar Puraskar’ Award – Apolinaris D’Souza
- Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023 – Kerala
- Businessline’s Changemaker of the Year’ 2023 Award – Reserve Bank of India
- Iconic changemaker of the year – Amul
Russia seals deal to supply Igla anti-aircraft missiles to India
- Russia has signed a contract to supply Igla-S hand-held anti-aircraft missiles to India and allow production of the Igla there under licence.
- The Igla-S is a man-portable air defence system (MANPADS) that can be fired by an individual or crew to bring down an enemy aircraft.
- India is the world’s largest arms importer and Russia remains its largest supplier despite the damage to the reputation of its army and weaponry from the war in Ukraine.
- According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), Russia accounted for 45% of India’s arms imports between 2018 and 2022, with France providing 29% and the United States 11%.
HAL sign ToT with CSIR-NAL for BMI Engine Production
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd has signed a Transfer of Technology agreement with CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories for the manufacturing of BMI Engine Bay Door for the series production of LCA – Tejas Mk1A.
- The LCA — Tejas Mk1A is an indigenous 4.5 generation, all-weather, multi-role fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- CSIR-NAL has developed technologies for composite parts for the Light Combat Aircraft — Tejas, including fin and rudder, wing spars, and wing-fuselage fairings.
- It has developed the manufacturing process technology of high temperature-resistant co-cured composite structures using carbon-BMI prepreg (composite materials impregnated with resins) for the engine bay door, to withstand the temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius.
Rohit Sharma Now First Batsman To Hit 50 Sixes In World Cup
- Rohit Sharma created a unique record at the semi-final game against New Zealand.
- Rohit Sharma became the first batsman in the World Cup to hit 50 or more sixes and breaking Chris Gayle’s record of hitting 49 sixes.
- Rohit Sharma has already 51 sixes in this tournament. Rohit Sharma has also got another record to his name for hitting the most number of sixes in a single edition of the World Cup.
- Rohit Sharma has already hit 28 sixes in the 2023 edition of World Cup. Rohit Sharma also completed his 2,000 runs as captain of India in 44 matches.
Virat Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most centuries in an ODI
- Virat Kohli becomes first batter in the world to score 50 ODI centuries, breaks iconic Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 49 centuries.
- Virat Kohli breaks the long-standing record of compatriot Sachin Tendulkar for the most ODI hundreds of all-time.
- Kohli took just 279 innings to become the first cricketer to score 50 centuries. Tendulkar, his idol, had scored 49 hundreds in 452 innings.
- Virat Kohli has also goes past Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most runs in a single World Cup. He has gone past 673 runs which Tendulkar made in the 2003 World Cup.
- Earlier, Virat Kohli’s 49th ODI century came on his 35th birthday as he rose to the occasion once again to show no weakness against South Africa’s powerful bowling line-up.
16 November – World Philosophy Day
- World Philosophy Day is observed annually on the third Thursday of November. This year celebrated on 16 November.
- This day emphasizes philosophy’s inspiring influence as both a discipline and an everyday practice capable of transforming societies and fostering intercultural dialogue.
- Theme 2023 – Philosophical Reflection in a Multicultural World
- This theme highlights the importance of philosophy in promoting understanding and dialogue between different cultures and perspectives.
- In 2005, recognizing philosophy’s significant contributions to shaping future societies, UNESCO institutionalized World Philosophy Day. The proclamation occurred during the 33rd session of the UNESCO General Conference in Paris, with the publication of a multilingual program document.
- UNESCO emphasized the importance of philosophy for the younger generation, promoting critical thinking, global awareness, peace, and patience
16 November – International Day of Tolerance
- International Day of Tolerance is observed annually on November 16 with the primary aim of promoting mutual understanding and respect among all the diverse cultures and communities across the globe.
- The observance of International Day of Tolerance serves as a reminder of the importance of accepting differences, embracing diversity, and combating discrimination across nations.
- International Day for Tolerance was initially established by the United Nations in 1996 to promote understanding among cultures and foster respect for diversity.
- This day is observed in commemoration of the adoption of the Declaration of Principles on Tolerance by UNESCO member states on November 16, 1995.
16 November – National Press Day
- National Press Day is observed annually 16 November.
- This day is celebrated to honour the formation of the Press Council of India in 1966.
- The objective behind celebrating the day is to pay tribute to the contributions of the Press Council of India. Everyone should celebrate the day with great enthusiasm.
- The Press Council of India is a statutory body which was established to ensure the freedom of the press and to maintain and improve the standards of journalism.
- The quasi-judicial body was re-established in the year 1979 under the Press Council Act, 1978.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|