Daily Current Affairs 17th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
POSOCO renamed as Grid Controller of India
- Power System Operation Corporation Ltd (POSOCO) has changed its name to ‘Grid Controller of India Ltd.
- The change in name has been made to reflect the critical role of Grid Operators in ensuring integrity, reliability, economy, resilience and sustainable operation of the Indian Electricity Grid.
- The Grid Controller of India Limited (Grid-India) operates the national load despatch centre (NLDC) and five regional load dispatch centres (RLDCs).
- The Grid-India is also designated as the nodal agency for major reforms in the power sector.
About Power System Operation Corporation Ltd (POSOCO)
- Founded- March 2009
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- CMD – S. R. Narasimhan
GeoSmart India 2022 Summit inaugurated in Hyderabad
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has inaugurated the GeoSmart India 2022 Summit in Hyderabad.
- Objective – To eradicate poverty, combat climate change, and improve business and living standards.
- About 2500 representatives from about 500 government, private, organizations working on geospatial technology and date have attended the three-day summit.
- It is being co-hosted by the Indian Society of Remote Sensing and the Indian Society of Geomatics.
PM Modi inaugurated Bengaluru Tech Summit 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the silver jubilee edition of the Bengaluru Tech Summit (BTS 22) virtually.
- The central theme of BTS this year is ‘Tech4NexGen’ and focuses on Electronics, IT, Deep Tech, Biotech, and Startups.
- The 3-day BTS2022 event witnessed the coming together of global tech leaders, Indian corporates and startups from IT, Deep tech and Biotech, showcasing disruptive technologies, forging partnerships and alliances.
- Bengaluru Tech Summit 22, which has attracted more than 575 exhibitors, will witness at least 9 MoUs being signed and the launch of more than 20 products.
Recent Inauguration of PM Modi
- PM Modi inaugurated Maze Garden, ‘OYO Ekta Houseboat’ Miyawaki’ forest in Gujarat.
- PM Modi laid foundation stone of projects worth 860 cr in Gujarat.
- PM Modi declared Mangarh Dham national monument in Rajasthan.
- PM Modi flags off south India’s first Vande Bharat Express train in Bengaluru.
- PM Modi unveiled 108-feet tall statue named Statue of Prosperity at Bengaluru
NCW launched 4th phase of Digital Shakti campaign
- National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Rekha Sharma has launched the 4th phase of the Digital Shakti Campaign.
- Digital Shakti 4.0 is focused on making women digitally skilled and aware to stand up against any illegal/inappropriate activity online.
- NCW launched the campaign in collaboration with Cyber Peace Foundation and Meta.
- Digital Shakti was started by NCW in 2018 to help women across the nation to raise the awareness level on the digital front.
President Murmu addressed women’s self-help groups conference in Bhopal
- President Droupadi Murmu has participated in the conference of women’s self-help groups of Madhya Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission in Bhopal.
- About 15,000 women of various self-help groups participated in this conference.
- She also visited the exhibition for the products of Self-Help Groups of Livelihood Mission.
Recently President Murmu in News
- President Droupadi Murmu launched startup platform ‘herSTART’ for women entrepreneurs
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated projects in Gujarat worth 1,330 crore
- President Droupadi Murmu flags off two train services in Northeast
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated ‘PARAM KAMRUPA’ Supercomputer facility and a high-power active and passive component laboratory of SAMEER at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
UAE hosts 1st Global Media Congress in Abu Dhabi
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has launched the 1st edition of Global Media Congress (GMC), a platform to boost business connections and foster innovation in the media sector.
- The conference-cum-exhibition Congress is organized by ADNEC Group in partnership with Emirates News Agency (WAM).
- The 3-day event is being held under the theme of “Shaping the Future of the Media Industry,”.
- More than 1,200 media practitioners & experts are participating in it from across the world.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
- Currency – Dirham
- President – Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Banking and Financial
IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has signed an MoU with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for collaboration in the field of regulation and supervision of regulated entities in their respective jurisdictions.
- The MoU facilitates technical cooperation and the exchange of information.
- The IFSCA is entrusted with the responsibility of regulation and supervision of authorized banks and non-banking financial institutions operating in such IFSCs.
- NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
- SIDBI signed an MoU with Bureau of Energy Efficiency to finance green MSMEs
- Mahindra Finance partnered with India Post Payments Bank to boost credit access for customers
- CASHe partnered with IRCTC to launch ‘travel now pay later’ facility
- RBL Bank partnered with BookMyShow to launch ‘Play’ credit card
- IDBI Bank partnered with Vayana Network on supply chain finance
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Arvind Virmani appointed as full-time member of NITI Aayog
- Former Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Virmani has been appointed as a full-time member of NITI Aayog.
- Virmani served as the chief economic adviser in the finance ministry from 2007-09.
- He is also the founder-chairman of the non-profit public policy organization Foundation for Economic Growth and Welfare.
- Virmani has served in various capacities in the government. He was a member of the Reserve Bank of India’s Technical Advisory Committee on Monetary Policy from February 2013 to August 2016.
- He has also served at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington DC.
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India)
- Founded – 1st January 2015
- Preceding – Planning Commission (15th March 1950)
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairperson – Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson – Suman K Bery
- CEO – Parameswaran Iyer
- NITI Aayog comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- President of FICCI Subhrakant Panda
- Chairman of BPCL – VR Krishna Gupta
- Director General of Police of Rajasthan – Umesh Mishra
- Executive Chairman of Samsung Electronic – Jay Y Lee
- Chairperson of Air Transport Committee of ICAO – Shefali Juneja
Government extends tenure of DCGI V G Somani by another three months
- The tenure of V G Somani as the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has been again extended by another three months.
- He was earlier given an extension in August 2022.
- Somani was appointed as the DCGI for a term of three years on August 14, 2019.
- The DCGI heads the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), which is responsible for ensuring quality drugs supply across the country.
- It also has authority to give approval to new drugs and regulate clinical trials.
- Honorary Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) – Amit Dasgupta
- President of International Hockey Federation – Tayyab Ikram
- Interim MD of Zensar Tech – Anant Goenka
- Independent Director of Reliance Industries (RIL) – K V Kamath
- CEO of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd – Vishal Kapoor
WhatsApp India Head Abhijit Bose steps down
- WhatsApp’s head of India Abhijit Bose and Director of Public Policy Meta India Rajiv Aggarwal have resigned from their positions.
- Director of WhatsApp Public Policy in India Shivnath Thukral has now been made Director of Public Policy for all Meta brands in India.
- Earlier in November 2022, Ajit Mohan, the head of Meta in India, had also stepped down from his role.
- A former television journalist, Thukral has been part of the Public Policy team since 2017, of late focusing on WhatsApp.
- CEO of Prasar Bharati – Gaurav Dwivedi
- International Cricket Council (ICC) – Greg Barclay (re-elected)
- Lieutenant Governor of Maryland – First Indian American Aruna Miller
- Chairman of National Monuments Authority (NMA) – Prof. Kishor Basa
- Deputy Chair of GSMA – Gopal Vittal
Paddler Sharath Kamal becomes first Indian player elected to ITTF
- Star Indian paddler Achanta Sharath Kamal has become the first player from India to get elected in the Athletes’ Commission of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
- 8 athletes have been elected from Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe & Oceania & will serve in the Commission for 4 years from 2022 to 2026.
- Sharath has already been selected for Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, the country’s highest sports recognition this year.
- He also received the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honour, in 2019.
17 November – International Students’ Day
- International Students’ Day is observed every year on 17 November.
- Objective – To emphasize the value of education for all students.
- The date commemorates the anniversary of the 1939 Nazi storming of the University of Prague after demonstrations against the German occupation of Czechoslovakia.
16 November – National Press Day
- National Press Day is observed every year on 16 November to commemorate a free and responsible press.
- It was on this day that the Press Council of India started functioning as a moral watchdog to ensure that the press maintains high standards and is not fettered by any influence or threats.
- The council is traditionally chaired by a retired Supreme Court Judge and 28 additional members.
17 November – National Epilepsy Day
- National Epilepsy Day is observed every year on 17 November.
- Objective – To educate and aware people about the signs, symptoms, and impact of this dreadful disease.
- What is epilepsy?
- The neurological condition epilepsy is characterized by irregular brain activity that results in seizures or episodes of strange behaviour, sensations, and occasionally loss of consciousness.
- Epilepsy can attack any person. Men and women of different ages, races, and cultural backgrounds can develop epilepsy.
- International Epilepsy Day is observed every year on the 2nd Monday of February.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|