Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 17th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
India to host second Voice of Global South Summit
- India will host the second Voice of Global South Summit in a virtual format. The sessions will be hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The theme of the Inaugural Leaders’ Session is Together, for Everyone’s Growth, with Everyone’s Trust and that of the Concluding Leaders’ Session is Global South Together for One Future.
- The summit brought together 125 countries of the Global South. The summit will be structured into 10 sessions.
- The Summit will serve as a platform to discuss ways to sustain the momentum generated toward the common aspiration of a more inclusive, representative, and progressive world order.
- The first edition of the Voice of Global South Summit was hosted by India in virtual format in the month of January this year.
Hardeep Singh Puri launched CITIIS 2.0 in New Delhi
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the City Investments to Innovate, Integrate, and Sustain 2.0 (CITIIS 2.0) challenge in New Delhi.
- CITIIS 2.0 aims to advance climate action through the promotion of a circular economy with a focus on integrated waste management.
- This program has a demonstrative effect which will lay the basis for the commercialization of the technology. He further called on support for innovative, technology-based interventions like CITIIS 2.0.
- The first phase of the program was able to introduce 1000 new electric vehicles, 100 km of non-motorized transport corridors, 750 acres of green open spaces, 1400 affordable housing units, and 35 education facilities.
- The government has already set up 112 Biomethanation plants, 2,391 waste-to-compost plants, 55 waste-to-energy plants, 2,281 material recovery facilities, 972 construction and demolition waste management plants, and 35 solid and liquid resource management plants.
Delhi Airport launched Sunflower initiative
- Delhi airport operator DIAL has introduced special services to enhance the travel experience for individuals with hidden disabilities.
- Under the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower initiative, DIAL has introduced a variety of merchandise options, including sunflower Lanyards, pin badges, and wristbands.
- These discreet, yet identifiable items allow passengers to signal their need for assistance from airport staff. The sunflower merchandise is available for collection at the help desks and information counters located within the terminals.
- Aligned with the globally recognized Hidden Disabilities Sunflower initiative, DIAL has transformed Delhi Airport into a Sunflower Airport and sensitized all passenger-facing partners through this programme with a globally developed framework.
Indian Railways in collaboration with IRCTC to launch Bharat Gaurav Tourist
- In a move to promote Dekho Apna Desh and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiatives, Indian Railways has collaborated with IRCTC to launch the Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train Departing from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
- The circular route will cover iconic destinations such as Mumbai, Pune, Solapur, Guntakal, Renigunta, Rameshwaram, Madurai, Kanyakumari, Kochuveli, and back to CSMT on 25th of this month.
- The train, offering Economy, Comfort, and Deluxe options, aims to showcase India’s rich cultural and religious heritage to both domestic and international tourists.
- This IRCTC tourist train will be an all-inclusive tour package offering 3 economies, Comfort, and Deluxe, and includes train fare, meals, stay and transport.
India and US sign MoU to connect dynamic startup ecosystems
- India and the US have signed an MoU with the objective of connecting both countries’ dynamic startup ecosystems, particularly in critical and emerging technologies (CET).
- The understanding named ‘Enhancing Innovation Ecosystems through an Innovation Handshake’ was signed by Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal from the Indian side.
- The MoU is poised to positively impact economic activity, attract investment, and generate employment.
- Goyal also held a bilateral meeting with his US counterpart Gina Raimondo on the sidelines of the IPEF Ministerial Meeting and discussed the growing India-US commercial cooperation and business engagement.
- During his ongoing visit, India joined the United States and 12 other Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) partners to ink the IPEF supply chain resilience agreement. Goyal said it will “fortify and strengthen” global supply chains. India and the US are among the 14 supply chain resilience partners of IPEF.
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- India and UAE sign MoU to Strengthen Educational Ties
- Cabinet approves pact between India & Japan on Semiconductor Supply Chain
- India and Tanzania agree on 5-year roadmap for defence cooperation
- India & Saudi Arabia tie up for electrical interconnections, green hydrogen
- India and Argentina signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA)
Global Media Congress Kicks Off in Abu Dhabi exploring Innovation
- The second edition of the Global Media Congress commences at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, UAE.
- Organized by the Emirates News Agency (WAM), under the patronage of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice President and Deputy Prime Minister of UAE, the three-day event brings together 257 brands, marking a 33 percent increase from last year.
- The opening ceremony was AI-infused, with virtual anchors and avatars guiding the proceedings, adding a futuristic touch to the inauguration.
- Participants from 172 countries, including 31 newcomers, contribute to the diverse dialogue on media innovations, sustainability, and training.
Banking and Financial
Over 18.88 lakh new workers enrolled under ESI scheme in September
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has added 88 lakh new workers under the ESI Scheme in September, as per the latest payroll data.
- Around 22,544 new establishments were registered and brought under the social security umbrella of the ESIC in September, thereby ensuring more coverage.
- Data revealed that more jobs have been generated for the youth as of the 18.88 lakh employees added during the month, 9.06 lakh employees up to the age group of 25 constitute the majority of new registrations which is 47.98 percent of the total employees.
- Gender-wise analysis of the data indicates that the net enrolment of women members was 3.51 lakh in September.
- The data shows that 61 transgender employees have also got registered under the ESI Scheme during the month.
RBI Imposes ₹90.92 Lakh Monetary Penalty on Axis Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has taken stringent action against Axis Bank Ltd, imposing a monetary penalty of ₹90.92 lakh.
- The penalty, issued through an order dated November 2, 2023, is a consequence of Axis Bank’s non-compliance with specific directives outlined by the RBI.
- The directives in question pertain to the Reserve Bank of India (Know Your Customer (KYC)) Directions, 2016, Loans and Advances – Statutory and Other Restrictions, Guidelines on Managing Risks and Code of Conduct in Outsourcing of Financial Services by banks, and Code of Conduct for Opening and Operating Current Accounts.
Recent Penalties imposed by RBI
- RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 72 lakh on PNB, Rs 30 lakh on Federal Bank, Rs 13.38 lakh on Kosamattam Finance, and Rs 10 lakh on Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
- RBI imposed ₹2.5 Crore penalty on L&T finance company for Non-Compliance
- RBI imposed a penalty or ₹12.19 crore on ICICI Bank and ₹3.95 crore on Kotak Mahindra Bank for non-compliance of certain regulatory norms.
- The RBI imposed a penalty of ₹1 crore on Union Bank of India for non-compliance with directions on ‘Loans and Advances – Statutory and Other Restrictions.
- RBI imposed Rs 2.5 crore penalty on Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Axis Bank and Bank of Maharashtra
- RBI imposes Rs 20 lakh penalty on Manappuram Finance
Pedro Sanchez re-elected Spanish PM
- Spain’s lower house of parliament voted to make Pedro Sanchez prime minister for another term by a wafer-thin margin, ending a protracted deadlock after an inconclusive general election in July.
- His Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party (PSOE) had reached separate deals with a number of regional parties to earn their backing, including a contentious bill on amnesty for Catalan separatists that has sparked protests across Spain.
- PSOE’s hard-left ally Sumar, Catalan pro-independence parties Junts and ERC, Basque parties PNV and EH Bildu, Galicia’s BNG and the Canary Coalition all voted for Sanchez, who first acceded to the office in 2018.
- Capital- Madrid
- Currency – Euro
- Prime Minister– Pedro Sánchez
- Official language– Spanish
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Prime Minister of Slovakia – Robert Fico (4th time)
- President of Ecuador – Daniel Noboa
- President of Gabon – Gen Brice Oligui
- President of Singapore – Tharman Shanmugaratnam (Indian origin)
- President of Zimbabwe – Emmerson Mnangagwa (2nd term)
- PM of Thailand – Srettha Thavisin
India & Sri Lanka joint military exercise ”MITRA SHAKTI 2023″ commences in Pune
- The ninth edition of the joint military exercise between India and Sri Lanka “Mitra Shakti 2023” commenced in Pune’s Aundh.
- The exercise will be conducted from November 16-29.
- The Indian contingent, of 120 personnel was represented mainly by troops from the Maratha Light Infantry regiment. The Sri Lankan side is being represented by personnel from the 53 Infantry Division.
- The exercise’s aim was to jointly rehearse the conduct of subconventional operations under Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter. The scope of the exercise included synergizing joint responses during counter-terrorist operations.
- Both India and Sri Lanka practised tactical actions such as raid, search and destroy missions, heliborne operations, etc. In addition, Army Martial Arts Routine (AMAR), combat reflex shooting and yoga also formed a part of the exercise curriculum.
- 7th edition of ‘Exercise KAZIND-2023’ between India and Kazakhstan – Otar, Kazakhstan
- Coastal Security Exercise Sagar Kavach – Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry
- Cambrian Patrol 2023 Military Exercise in UK – Indian Army won gold medal
- Indian Navy hosts HADR CHAKRAVAT Exercise 2023 – Goa
- 11th edition of SAMPRITI between India and Bangladesh – Umroi, Meghalaya
IAF to organize air show at Ambala Air Force Station
- Indian Air Force will organize an air show on 23-24 November at Air Force Station in Ambala Cantonment.
- During the air show, Surya Kiran and Akashganga teams will showcase their skills in the sky alongside the aircrafts of the Indian Air Force.
- Ambala Cantonment is a cantonment town in Ambala district in the state of Haryana, India. It is 200 km north of Delhi and 55 km southwest of Chandigarh.
- Orders have already been issued under Section 144 to prohibit flying near the Air Force station.
Mohammed Shami becomes 1st India bowler to pick up 50 wickets in ODI World Cup
- Mohammed Shami has become the fastest bowler to pick up 50 wickets in the ODI World Cup.
- The Indian pacer accomplished the milestone in his 17th innings, breaking the record of Australian speedster Mitchell Starc, who had set the record earlier in the 2023 edition in his 19th innings.
- Shami also became the first Indian to pick up 50 wickets in the ODI World Cup. He is also the seventh after Glenn McGrath, Muttiah Muralitharan, Starc, Lasith Malinga, Wasim Akram and Trent Boult to reach the 50-wicket landmark in the history of the mega event.
- Shami reached the feat in India’s semi-final in World Cup 2023 against Kane Williamson’s New Zealand at the iconic Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Earlier in the World Cup, Shami went past Zaheer Khan and Javagal Srinath’s tally of 44 to become India’s leading wicket-taker in the ODI World Cup.
17 November – International Students Day
- International Students Day is celebrated every year on 17 November.
- This celebration is particularly significant for those studying abroad, facing the challenges of navigating new cultures, languages, financial hurdles, and homesickness.
- International Students’ Day is the anniversary of the Nazi invasion of a university in Prague in 1939. The Nazis imprisoned around a thousand students, closed the university, and killed several people.
- International Students’ Day is an opportunity to honor and appreciate the diverse student community. Pursuing higher education often requires immense courage, especially for those leaving their families and homes behind.
- On this day, we recognize the unique challenges faced by international students and celebrate their determination to enhance their lives and support their families.
17 November – National Epilepsy Day
- National Epilepsy Awareness Day is observed every year on 17 November.
- The day is dedicated to spread awareness and educate people about a brain disorder known as Epilepsy. Characterized by repeated brain seizures, epilepsy is caused due to abnormal activities of the brain.
- According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, “A seizure is usually defined as a sudden alteration of behavior due to a temporary change in the electrical functioning of the brain. Normally, the brain continuously generates tiny electrical impulses in an orderly pattern. These impulses travel along neurons (the network of nerve cells in the brain) and throughout the whole body via chemical messengers called neurotransmitters.”
- The National Epilepsy Day in India was first observed by Epilepsy Foundation of India. The foundation is located in Mumbai and was established by Dr Nirmal Surya.
- Epilepsy Foundation of India has been founded with a motive to eradicate this disease from the country. It also creates awareness about this disease and educates public about the myths and misconceptions surrounding this disorder, especially in rural areas.
17 November – World Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Day
- World Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Day is observed every year on 17 November.
- It is organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) in collaboration with health care professionals and COPD patient groups throughout the world.
- Its aim is to raise awareness, share knowledge, and discuss ways to reduce the burden of COPD worldwide.
- Theme 2023 – Breathing is Life – Act Earlier
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|