Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 18th and 19th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Kochi In Conde Nast List of Best Places To Visit In 2024
- London-based luxury travel magazine Conde Nast has listed Kochi as one of the best places to visit in Asia in 2024.
- Heaping praise on the city for its sustainable initiatives and local festivals, the magazine also highlights the city’s tourist attractions such as waterways, lagoons and rivers.
- The magazine referred to the renovation that is underway at Kochi’s 150-year-old Ernakulam Market.
- The recognition is a nod to the city’s commitment to providing enriching experiences for travelers while embracing eco-friendly practices and preserving its cultural heritage.
- Kochi International Airport (CIAL) stands out as the world’s first airport to operate solely on solar energy. This eco-friendly initiative underscores Kerala’s commitment to sustainable practices.
- Recently, CIAL further enhanced its offerings by introducing the largest business jet terminal in India, catering to the evolving needs of discerning travelers.
42nd Edition of India International Trade Fair inaugurated at Pragati Maidan
- The 42nd Edition of India International Trade Fair has inaugurated in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The fair will remain open for all till the 27th of this month.
- This year, the theme of the fair is based on Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, which emphasizes the significance of interconnectedness and cooperation in trade.
- Representatives of 13 countries are also displaying their products in the fair.
- Bihar and Kerala are the Partner States of the Fair, while Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh are the Focus States.
Banking and Financial
Federal Bank introduces UPI lite for small-value digital payments
- Federal Bank has launched UPI Lite to power small-value digital transactions in India.
- NPCI introduced UPI Lite a simplified version of the Unified Payments Interface system to cater to the growing demand for faster and more efficient small-value payments.
- Benefits of UPI Lite for customers include reduction in transaction time, a ready-to-access bank statement, higher payment success rate and enhanced security.
- UPI lite account can be created within the existing UPI app without downloading a new app.
About Federal Bank
- Federal Bank Limited is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Kochi, Kerala.
- The bank has 1,336 branches spread across different states in India.
- It also has representative offices abroad in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Dubai.
- Founded- 23 April 1931
- Founder- K.P Hormis
- CEO- Shyam Srinivasan
Recent Facilities Launched in Banking & Insurance Sector
- SIDBI launches ‘Sumpoorn’ MSME Economic Activity Index with Jocata
- HSBC India launches e-bank guarantee services for MSMEs
- AU Small Finance Bank launches ‘Planet First-AU Green Fixed Deposit’
- Bank of Baroda introduces BoB LITE Savings Account
- RBL Bank launched GO Savings Account
India to become world’s third-largest economy by 2027
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said India is expected to overtake Japan and Germany to emerge as the third largest economy in the world by 2027.
- India’s economic growth is estimated to be just under 7 per cent during the year, the highest among major economies, despite global headwinds.
- Amidst supply-chain disruptions and economic turbulence due to contemporary conflicts that impact the Indo-Pacific, irrespective of whether they are occurring in relatively distant Ukraine or in relatively-proximate Israel or Yemen, and despite the palpable tensions prevalent in the South-and East China Sea, the Indian economy stands out as a bright spot.
- Even according to the usually conservative estimates of the IMF, the Indian economy is set to emerge as the world’s third-largest economy by 2027, hopping over Japan and Germany, as its GDP crosses the USD 5 trillion level. By 2047, India aspires to be a developed economy.
IPS officer Alok Sharma appointed as Chief of SPG
- Senior IPS officer Alok Sharma has been appointed the director of the Special Protection Group (SPG), the elite security unit responsible for the security of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Alok Sharma, a 1991-batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre who is currently working as Additional Director General in the SPG, to the post of director from the date of assumption of charge until further orders.
- A resident of Aligarh, Sharma is a science graduate with a B.Tech (Mechanical) degree. He joined the IPS in 1991. He has held several important positions in Uttar Pradesh — he was Meerut IG and after his promotion, he was shifted to Police Training School in Meerut as ADG in 2016.
Recent Appointment in Defence Sector
- Command of The Eastern Fleet – Rear Admiral Rajesh Dhankhar
- Deputy Chief of Naval Staff – Vice Admiral Tarun Sobti (replace Sanjay Mahendru)
- Interim director of Enforcement Directorate (ED) – Rahul Navin (replace Sanjay Kumar Mishra.)
- DG of Railway Protection Force – Manoj Yadava (replace Sanjay Chander)
- DG of Indian Coast Guard (ICG) – Rakesh Pal (25th)
- Special Director of CBI – Ajay Bhatnagar
- Additional Director of CBI – Anurag
- Chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) – Ravi Sinha (replace Samant Kumar Goel)
Amit S Telang appointed as Indian envoy to the Caribbean Community
- The Ministry of External Affairs has announced that Amit S Telang has been concurrently accredited as the Indian Ambassador to the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and High Commissioner to the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis and Antigua and Barbuda.
- Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, Anil Kumar Rai has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Advisor to board of the US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF) – Ajay Kumar
- UK Foreign Secretary – David Cameron
- MD of Torrent Gas Limited – Manoj Jain
- Member (Finance) at the Airports Authority of India (AAI) – Pankaj Malhotra
- Nominee Director of South-East Asia Gas Pipeline Company Limited (SEAGP) Board – Deepak Gupta
Ashok Vaswani appointed as MD & CEO of Kotak Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has appointed Ashok Vaswani as its Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) from January 1, 2024.
- The bank’s board has appointed Vaswani for a period of three years, subject to the approval of the members of the bank, according to an exchange filing.
- The appointment of Vaswani follows the conclusion of Dipak Gupta’s term as the Managing Director and CEO of the bank, slated to end on December 31, 2023.
- The Reserve Bank of India had cleared Vaswani’s name for the post on October 21.
Recent Appointment in Banking & Insurance Sector
- Executive Director of Bank of Maharashtra – Rohit Rishi (replace Asheesh Pandey)
- Executive Director of RBI – Manoranjan Mishra
- Chairman of the South Indian Bank – VJ Kurian (replace Salim Gangadharan)
- Chairman of SBI – Dinesh Kumar Khara (reappointment)
- Global CEO of PayU – Anirban Mukherjee (replace Laurent Le Moal)
RBI Approves New Directors of Jio Financial Services
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Isha Ambani, Anshuman Thakur, and Hitesh Kumar Sethia as directors of Jio Financial Services.
- This approval is valid only for six months from the date of this letter. In case the company fails to give effect to the proposal within this time frame, it will have to apply again with reasons for having failed to effect the change on the earlier occasion.
- Isha Ambani, a graduate from Yale University with a double major in Psychology and South Asian Studies, and MBA from Stanford University, is part of the executive leadership team at Reliance Retail. She is also widely credited for conceptualizing and launching Jio in India in 2016.
- Anshuman Thakur is a graduate in Economics and an MBA from IIM-Ahmedabad. With 24 years of experience, Thakur has experience in corporate strategy and investment banking and has worked across diverse industries.
- Hitesh Sethia is a chartered accountant and an alumnus of Harvard Business School. He has been a financial services executive with over 2 decades of experience across Europe, Asia (India & Greater China) and North America.
Actor Ryan Reynolds received ‘Order of British Columbia’
- Canadian-American actor and film producer Ryan Reynolds expressed gratitude on receiving the ‘Order of British Columbia’, the province’s highest form of recognition.
- Reynolds was among 14 people appointed to the ‘Order of British Columbia’ this year.
- 224 citizens of the Canadian province were nominated for the honor.
- First ‘Lifetime Disturbing the Peace Award’ – Salman Rushdie
- Champions of Change Award by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy – Dr. Somdutta Singh
- 19th Kalakar Puraskar’ Award – Apolinaris D’Souza
- Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023 – Kerala
- Businessline’s Changemaker of the Year’ 2023 Award – Reserve Bank of India
Bina Agarwal and David Barkin conferred 2023 Kenneth Boulding Award
- Bina Agarwal, a professor at the University of Manchester, received the Kenneth Boulding Award in Ecological Economics along with David Barkin in Colombia.
- The International Society for Ecological Economics presented the award for their significant contributions to ecological economics, focusing on environmental governance, agrarian change, and social equity in developing countries.
- The prize was granted by a jury including members like Peter May, Chair Full Professor at the Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro-UFRRJ (retired); Carl Folke, Anthropocene Lab, Beijer Institute, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Sweden; Lisi Krall, Professor of Economics at the State University of New York, Cortland; Jane Mariara, Executive Director of the Partnership for Economic Policy, Kenya; Volker Mauerhofer, Professor, Mid Sweden University, Department for Natural Science, Design and Sustainable Development, Sweden; and Rajeswari Raina, Professor Shiv Nadar University, Delhi.
Suresh Wadkar named for Maharashtra’s Lata Mangeshkar Award 2023
- The Maharashtra government has chosen the esteemed playback singer and National Award winner, Suresh Ishwar Wadkar, as the recipient of the prestigious ‘Gansamragini Lata Mangeshkar Award’ for 2023.
- The announcement was made by Cultural Affairs Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar, recognizing Wadkar’s remarkable contribution to the world of music.
- A Sangeet Natak Akademi laureate, Wadkar, 68, will be presented with a cash prize, a commendation, and a memento as part of the award at a ceremony later.
- Hailing from an ordinary family of Kolhapur, in his younger days, Wadkar was a wrestler and then became a music teacher in Mumbai before winning a singing competition 1976 that got him his first playback singing break with the late music director Ravindra Jain in 1977.
17 November – World Prematurity Day
- World Prematurity Day is observed annually on 17 November every year.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the challenges faced by premature babies and their families.
- Theme 2023 – Small actions, big impact: Immediate skin-to-skin care for every baby everywhere
- In 2008, European Parent organizations united to establish this international awareness day for preterm birth (A preterm birth is characterized by babies being born alive before the completion of 37 weeks of pregnancy).
- Premature birth is a significant global health concern, often leading to infant deaths and various health complications.
19 November – International Men’s Day
- International Men’s Day is celebrated on November 19 every year.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the health and well-being of men and boys and to highlight the issues that they face.
- The day also celebrates the positive value that men bring to the world and motivates them to become positive role models.
- Theme 2023 – Zero Male Suicide
- International Men’s Day was founded in 1999 by Dr Jerome Teelucksingh, a history lecturer at the University of the West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago. Since then, it has been celebrated every year, and currently, more than 80 countries celebrate the day.
BN Goswamy passes away at 90
- Indian art historian and a world authority on miniature paintings, Brijinder Nath Goswamy passed away at the age of 90.
- Born in August 1933, the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awardee BNG, as he was lovingly known in art circles, often called himself an “accidental art historian”.
- Best known for his path-breaking work on the Pahari style of paintings, Prof Goswamy is the author of more than 26 books.
- In 1958, he quit the prestigious civil services after less than three years to pursue a career in academics and research, a decision that caused a stir in his family.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|