Daily Current Affairs 18th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2023 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2023.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
B-20 inception meeting to be organized in Gandhinagar
- As part of the G-20 presidency, a Business-20 (B-20) inception meeting will be organized at Gandhinagar in Gujarat from 22- 24 January 2023.
- The meeting will be held to formulate policy recommendations to be submitted to G-20 ahead of the leaders’ Summit.
- This will be the first of 15 events that the State is set to organize as part of India’s G-20 presidency.
- The inaugural ceremony of the B-20 inception meeting will be attended by Union Ministers Piyush Goyal and Ashwini Vaishnaw, State Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, India’s Sherpa to G-20 Amitabh Kant and Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran.
- More than 150 policy-makers, business executives, CEOs, and senior executives representing enterprises from G-20 countries will take part in the inaugural meeting.
First G20 Health Working Group meet to be held in Kerala
- The First Health Working Group meeting under G-20 India Presidency will be held from the 18-20 Jan 2023 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The three-day meeting will focus on thematic discussions on three main priorities, health emergencies prevention, preparedness and response, strengthening cooperation in the pharmaceutical sector, and digital health innovations to aid universal health coverage.
- The meeting will be attended by representatives of G20 member countries, special invitee countries, and relevant international organizations.
- An exhibition to showcase the achievements of India’s health programmes and a side event on Medical Value Travel to showcase the need for promoting holistic, value-based medical travel will also be organized as part of the HWG meeting.
‘Think 20’ meeting under G20 began in Bhopal
- The two-day Think-20 meeting under the G-20 is started at the Kushabhau Thackeray International Convention Center in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
- The first Think-20 meeting in MP has inaugurated by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Of these, 94 international delegates, 115 from different states and about 100 local participants will be involved in discussions.
- During the meeting, experts and foreign guests will discuss various topics including Global Governance with LiFE, Values, and Wellbeing.
- The G20, or Group of 20, is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s major developed and developing economies.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
G20 in News
- IISc Bengaluru will serve as the secretariat for Science 20 (S20), one of the G20’s multiple groupings.
- First G-20 meeting to take place in Puducherry on Jan 31
- G20 Foreign Ministers to meet in New Delhi in March 2023
- Anurag Singh Thakur launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website in New Delhi.
- First meeting of the Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion Working Group of G20 begins in Kolkata.
- G20’s first Infrastructure Working Group meeting to be held in Pune from 16th-17th January 2023.
NTPC REL signs MoU with Tripura for collaboration in Renewable Energy
- NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL) has signed an MoU with the Government of Tripura for the Development of Floating and Ground Mounted based Renewable Energy Projects in the State of Tripura.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Rajiv Gupta, Chief General Manager, NTPC REL and Shri Mahananda Debbarma, Director General and CEO, Tripura Renewable Energy Development Agency.
- This MoU embarks upon the journey towards development of large sized Renewable Energy Projects in the State of Tripura and shall help Govt of Tripura in meeting its Clean Energy Commitments and obligations.
- Capital – Agartala
- Chief Minister – Manik Sarkar
- Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Recent MoUs signed by State Government
- REC signed MoU with UP govt for multiple projects worth Rs 98,853 crore
- Meghalaya signed MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for MSME borrowers
- Haryana government signed an MoU with Dubai for economic cooperation
- Haryana government has launched Nirogi Haryana project
- Finland partnered with Kerala government to replicate Little KITEs model
Maghi Mela festival being held in Punjab
- Maghi Mela festival is being celebrated in Muktsar Sahib, Punjab.
- The Maghi Mela has been celebrated in the city of Sri Muktsar Sahib in Punjab for centuries in memory of the 40 Sikh warriors who died fighting the Mughals in the Battle of Khidrana in 1705.
- The battle took place near a pool of water, Khidrane di Dhab, on 29th Dec 1705.
- The Khidrana War began when in 1704, during the siege of Anandpur Sahib by the Mughals, 40 Sikh soldiers deserted their posts.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Bhagwant Mann
- Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
Film ‘Toolsidas Junior’ to be screened at SCO Film Festival 2023
- National Award-winning movie “Toolsidas Junior” will be screened at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival in the Children Focus Section.
- National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) in association with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival will be hosting the screening. The festival will take place from January 27 to January 31 in Mumbai.
- ‘Toolsidas Junior’ has already won two National Awards- Best Hindi Film and Special Mention in Child Actor Category for the leading child actor Varun Buddhadev.
- Marking the last film of late veteran actor Rajiv Kapoor, ‘Toolsidas Junior’ is the first sports film to highlight snooker and traces the story of a young boy determined to return the glory of his father.
- The film was produced by Ashutosh Gowariker, Sunita Gowariker, Bhushan Kumar, and Krishan Kumar, and directed and written by Mridul Toolsidass.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Founded – 2001
- Headquarters – Beijing, China
- Secretary General – Zhang Ming (China)
- Member Countries – 9 (Iran, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan)
- SCO Summit 2021 – Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- SCO Summit 2022 – Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- SCO Summit to be hosted by the Indian side in 2023
- The founding members (5) of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) were China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan. India and Pakistan officially joined this organization in 2017
China’s population drops for first time since 1961
- The biggest decline in the population of China has been recorded after the year 1961
- China had 1.41 billion people at the end of last year, 850,000 fewer than the end of 2021, according to data released by the National Statistics Bureau.
- That marks the first drop since 1961, the final year of the Great Famine under former leader Mao Zedong.
- China’s birth rate, or the number of newborns per 1,000 people, declined to 6.77 last year, the lowest level since at least 1978.
- The main reason for China’s population decline is the one-child policy implemented between 1980 and 2015.
- Additionally, higher education in China is very expensive, which has prohibited many Chinese people from having more than one child.
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Yuan
- President – Xi Jinping
Banking and Financial
WDRA signed MoU with SBI to help farmers
- Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) has signed an MoU with the State Bank of India to help farmers in getting low interest-rate loans.
- The objective of the MoU is to provide information on the benefits to the depositors besides carrying out further activities to improve agricultural finance in India.
- It is envisaged that the product will have far-reaching consequences with regard to the acceptance of e-NWRs (electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt) among small and marginal farmers.
- It will help in preventing distress sale and releasing better prices for the produce.
About Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA)
- WDRA was constituted on 26 October 2010 under the Warehousing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2007.
- It is a statutory authority under the Department of Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- The Authority consists of a Chairperson and two members appointed by the Central Government.
- Headquarters – New Delhi
Recent MoUs Signed in Banking Sector
- Axis Bank signed MoU with IISc Bengaluru to set up Centre for Mathematics and Computing
- Hockey Wali Sarpanch signed an agreement with NABARD to strengthen farmers*
- Axis Bank partnered with OPEN to launch a fully digital current account
- Niva Bupa and Sundaram Finance signed corporate agency agreement
- HDFC Bank partnered with Microsoft for digital transformation
India’s exports decline by 12.2% to $34.48 billion in December 2022
- India’s merchandise exports declined by 12.2 percent to $34.48 billion in December 2022, as against $39.27 billion recorded in the same month of the preceding year.
- This comes after a 0.6 percent rise in exports in November and a 12 percent contraction in October.
- The country’s imports in December declined to $58.24 billion as against $60.33 billion recorded in the year-ago period.
- The merchandise trade deficit fell further to $23.76 billion in December, after declining to a seven-month low of $23.89 billion in November.
India, France joint naval exercise ‘Varuna 2023’ begins
- The 21st edition of the bilateral naval exercise between India and France titled ‘Varuna’ began on the western seaboard.
- The bilateral exercise between the two navies was initiated in 1993 and was named ‘VARUNA’ in 2001.
- The exercise will be conducted from 16 to 20 January 2023 and will witness advanced air defense exercises, tactical maneuvers, and surface firings.
- This edition of the exercise will witness the participation of indigenous guided missile stealth destroyer INS Chennai, guided missile frigate INS Teg, maritime patrol aircraft P-8I and Dornier, integral helicopters and MiG29K fighter aircraft.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) will conduct their first Air exercise “Veer Guardian 23” from January 16 to 26 at Hyakuri air base and Iruma air base in Japan.
- 16th edition of India & Nepal Joint Training Excercise Surya Kiran begins in Saljhandi, Nepal
- India & Kazakhstan joint military exercise KAZIND 2022 begins in Umroi, Meghalaya
- 7th edition of US-India Naval Exercise Sangam held in Goa
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise ‘Samanvay 2022’ has been conducted at Air Force Station, Agra.
India, Egypt to hold first-ever exercises between Special Forces
- India and Egypt are set to hold the first-ever military exercises involving the Special Forces in Udaipur, Jaipur and Jodhpur.
- It is being held to celebrate the 75 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- India is a major country in the Indian Ocean and the security of the Indian Ocean starts from the security of the Red Sea in the West and for Egypt on the Suez Canal.
- Egypt has also been invited as a guest country at the G20 summit in 2023.
- In April 2022, Egypt announced the inclusion of India in the list of accredited countries.
- Capital- Cairo
- Currency- Egyptian pound
- Continent – Africa, Asia
- President – Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- A joint military exercise between India-Malaysia “Harimau Shakti-2022” has been started at Pulai Klang in Malaysia
- The 13th edition of the bilateral exercise between the Indian navy and the Royal Oman navy Naseem Al Bahr-2022 organized on the coast of Oman.
- India-Indonesia joint exercise ‘Garuda Shakti’ kicks off in Karawang, Indonesia
- The 3rd edition of the ‘Pan-India’ Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil-22’ has concluded.
- 18th edition of India-US joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ started in Uttrakhand
Viacom18 gets ‘WIPL’ media rights for Rs 951 crore
- Viacom 18 has acquired the media rights of the Women’s Indian Premier League (WIPL), which will start from March-April 2023.
- Viacom18 has bought the media rights of the women’s IPL for five years from 2023 to 2027 for Rs 951 crore.
- Viacom 18’s bid is understood to have been almost 10 times more than the Rs. 98 crore bid by Disney-Star, the only other broadcaster that submitted the document.
- The auction for the T20 League was conducted by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in Mumbai.
- The WIPL is set to feature 22 games in a five-team format for the first three years. Should the BCCI add a sixth team, the next two editions – in 2026 and 2027 – will see 34 games being played.
- Their names are Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals, Kolkata Knight Riders and Punjab Kings. All are showing interest in investing in a team in WIPL.
- The detailed terms and conditions governing the tender process including eligibility requirements etc. are contained in the ‘Invitation to Tender’ (ITT).
Victor and Akane won the Malaysia Open Badminton title 2023
- Denmark badminton player, Viktor Axelsen won the men’s singles Malaysia Open title 2023, after defeating Kodai Naraoka from Japan.
- While Japanese player Akane Yamaguchi lifted the title in the women’s final, after beating South Korea’s An Se-young.
- Men’s doubles – Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto (Indonesia)
- Women’s doubles – Chen Qingchen and Jia Yifan (China)
- Mixed doubles – Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong (China)
Barcelona won the Spanish Super Cup for 14th time
- Barcelona has defeated Real Madrid 3-1 in Riyadh to win their 14th Spanish Super Cup title.
- The cup was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Barcelona has won the Supercup for the first time since 2018 and for the 14th time overall. Real Madrid has won the Supercup 12 times so far.
- This competition is being played since 1982.
- The Super Cup was previously played between the winner of the Spanish league and the champion team of the Copa del Rey. From the year 2020, now the runner-up teams of both competitions also take part in it.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|