Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 18th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
India to push developed nations to become carbon-negative before 2050
- India wants to push developed nations to become carbon negative rather than carbon neutral by 2050, arguing that would allow emerging market economies more time to use fossil fuels for development needs.
- India, which is resisting calls to commit to a deadline for phasing out its own use of coal and other fossil fuels, is set to make its proposal at the COP28 climate summit in Dubai later this year.
- The rich countries should become net negative emitters before 2050 to enable the world to achieve the target of global net-zero by that year while allowing developing nations to use the available natural resources for growth.
- Developed countries including the United States, Britain, Canada, and Japan are targeting net zero by 2050. China has committed to net zero by 2060 while India has committed to reaching that goal by 2070.
- India has committed to operating half of its installed power capacity with non-fossil sources and cutting the ratio of greenhouse emissions to gross domestic product to 45% of its 2005 level by 2030.
- COP28 is scheduled to take place between Nov 30 and Dec 12.
Female Labour Force Participation Rate in India improved to 37%
- The Female Labour Force Participation Rate in the country has improved significantly by 4.2 percentage points to 37 per cent this year.
- This was revealed in the data released by the Statistics and Programme Implementation Ministry in its Periodic Labour Force Survey Report 2022-23.
- The significant jump is due to the Government’s policy initiatives aimed at the long-term socio-economic and political development of women.
- According to the data shared by the Women and Child Development Ministry, the female labour force participation rate increased from 23.3 per cent in 2017-18 to 24.5 per cent in 2018-19; 30 per cent in 2019-20 to 32.5 per cent in 2020-21 and 32.8 per cent in 2021-22 to 37 per cent in 2022-23.
PM Narendra Modi releases new Garba Song “Maadi”
- On the auspicious occasion of Navrati, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released a new Garba song titled “Maadi”.
- The song, penned by PM Modi, is sung by Divya Kumar and is composed by the Meet Bros.
- The song is four minutes and 40 seconds long and is sung in Gujarati. The video shows people dressed in colourful attire heading to various garba venues to swing to the beats while some are also seen with dandiya.
PM Modi in News
- PM inaugurated 141st International Olympic Committee Meeting in Mumbai
- PM Modi inaugurated 9th ‘G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit in New Delhi
- PM Modi inaugurated the country’s first high-tech sports training center in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- PM Modi launched 27 thousand crore rupee development projects in Chhatisgarh
- PM Modi has launched a week-long program called “Sankalp Saptah” for aspirational blocks in New Delhi.
PM inaugurated Global Maritime India Summit 2023
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the third edition of the Global Maritime India Summit 2023.
- India’s economy is constantly strengthening in a world dealing with economic crisis, and the day is not far when India will become one of the top three economies in the world.
- The historic India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor will revolutionize regional and global trade. The decision on the Economic Corridor was taken during the G20 leader’s summit due to India’s initiatives and it will help in decreasing logistic costs, help in environment conservation, and create a huge number of employment opportunities.
- The Prime Minister also unveiled ‘Amrit Kaal Vision 2047’, a blueprint for the Indian maritime blue economy. In line with this futuristic plan, the Prime Minister inaugurated, dedicated to the nation and laid the foundation stone for projects worth more than 23,000 crores rupees that are aligned with the ‘Amrit Kaal Vision 2047’ for the Indian maritime blue economy.
- The summit provides an excellent platform for attracting investment in the country’s maritime sector.
UP CM unveils freedom fighter Raja Rao statue in Unnao
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has unveiled the equestrian statue of freedom fighter Raja Rao Rambaksh Singh in Daundiyakheda village of UP’s Unnao district.
- He also laid the foundation stone of development projects worth Rs 804 crore in Unnao.
- As per the Sanatan Dharma tradition, the period of ‘Pitrapaksha’ is dedicated to showing gratitude towards our ancestors and it is a matter of great pride that during this period we are unveiling the statue of the eminent freedom fighter, Raja Rambaksh Singh, whose heroic efforts ignited the flame of independence.
- Unnao has the country’s largest leather Export in the UPSIDC.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Amit Shah inaugurated Samau Shaheed Memorial and Library in Gujarat
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the Samau Shaheed Memorial and Library in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- During the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Prime Minister Narendra Modi started initiatives to build memorials of countless unsung martyrs across the country who sacrificed their lives in the 90 years of freedom struggle from 1857 to 1947 and revive their history so that the youth and the new generation could draw inspiration from them.
- 12 valiant heroes had sacrificed their lives during the freedom struggle in Samau in November 1857, but there was no memorial for them till 2022-23. The memorial inaugurated today will serve to immortalize their stories of bravery.
Bhopal’s Mahila Thana became country’s first to get ISO certification
- The Mahila thana (women police station) of Bhopal became the first women-centric police station across the entire country to be conferred with the ISO 9001:2015 certificate.
- Bhopal Mahila Thana has been pulling out all the stops to curb women-related crimes. The Mahila thana has improved a lot on its part in registering grievances of the complainants, comforting them, and probing cases.
- The ISO certification is a testament to the station’s commitment to improving its services and facilities, ensuring quality, safety, and efficiency.
Tamil Nadu’s first Al-based early warning system for elephant
- Tamil Nadu is close to completing its first artificial intelligence (Al)-based early warning system designed to protect wild elephants from train collisions along the Ettimadai-Walayar railway section.
- This initiative involves the installation of 12 e-surveillance towers equipped with thermal imaging cameras to monitor elephant movements.
- The towers for thermal imaging cameras have been installed in the highly vulnerable area of 7.05 km of Ettimadai–Walayar section, passing through Solakkarai reserve forest of Madukkarai range, covering 2.9 km in the ‘A’ line and 4.15 km in the ‘B’ line.
- At present, technicians are programming AI-based thermal cameras mounted on towers along the ‘A’ line. The machine learning system will be enabled to detect the movement of elephants in thickets.
- Once it becomes fully functional, the system will detect elephant movement and pass the message to forest department staff and railway authorities. Loco pilots will be able to reduce the speed of trains based on the alert.
- Objective – To achieve the goal of ‘zero elephant deaths’ on railway tracks in the region.
- A total of 11 elephants were killed in six train collisions on the two railway lines linking Coimbatore and Palakkad from 2008 to 2022.
About Tamil Nadu
- Formation – 26 January 1950
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
Banking and Financial
RBI imposes 1 crore penalty on Union Bank of India
- The RBI has imposed a penalty of ₹1 crore on Union Bank of India for non-compliance with directions on ‘Loans and Advances – Statutory and Other Restrictions.
- Examination of the financials for FY21 revealed that the bank sanctioned a term loan to a corporation in lieu of or to substitute budgetary resources envisaged for certain projects, and without undertaking due diligence on the viability of the projects.
- It also fined RBL Bank for an amount of ₹64 lakh for violation of norms on regulatory approval for the acquisition of shares or voting rights in private sector banks.
- The lender failed to obtain the annual declaration in Form B from one of its major shareholders, within one month of the close of FY18, FY19, and FY20.
- It also did not furnish certificates to RBI regarding continuance of the ‘fit and proper’ status of one of its major shareholders, by the end of September, for all three years.
- Pune-based Bajaj Finance has also been levied a penalty of ₹8.50 lakh for breach of regulatory norms on the extent of not reporting and delay in reporting of certain frauds to RBI.
About Union Bank of India (UBI)
- Founded- 11 November 1919
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- CEO- A. Manimekhalai
ICICI Bank introduces ‘iFinance, a One-Stop Solution
- ICICI Bank has launched ‘iFinance’, which will enable customers, both retail and sole proprietors, to get a consolidated view of their savings and current accounts in one place.
- ‘iFinance’ provides a single-view dashboard of all accounts. Users can check account balances, get valuable insights on spending patterns, download statements and more.
- The dashboard offers significant convenience to users and assists them to exercise better control over expenses and monitor their finances in a seamless manner.
- This facility, which ICICI Bank introduced by utilizing the Account Aggregator ecosystem, is available to customers of other banks on the bank’s digital platforms, including the iMobile Pay app, Retail Internet Banking (RIB), Corporate Internet Banking (CIB), and InstaBIZ, the bank’s mobile app for businesses.
About Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
- Founded – 1994
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline – Hum Hai Na Khayal Apka
Recent Facilities Launched in Banking & Insurance Sector
- Yes Bank becomes first lender to offer ‘ONDC Network Gift Card’
- SBI launches ‘Mobile Handheld Device’ to improve accessibility and convenience.
- PhonePe launched its own app store platform Indus Appstore
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank launched of Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) Using UPI on ATMs
- Axis Bank Launched ‘NEO For Business’ Ban Platform for MSMEs
- Ujjivan SFB launched Maxima Savings Account & Business Maxima Current Account
Rasper.ai Unveils World’s First Al Wallet
- ai, a pioneering force in the cryptocurrency industry, is thrilled to introduce the world’s first AI-integrated crypto wallet, the Rasper Wallet, accompanied by an exclusive RASP token presale.
- This extraordinary launch signifies a monumental leap forward in the domains of digital finance and blockchain technology.
- The Rasper AI Wallet is an unparalleled fusion of artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain technology, redefining the very essence of a cryptocurrency wallet.
- It emerges as a next-generation platform meticulously designed to provide a plethora of exclusive intelligent features, all while empowering users with absolute control over their digital assets.
Why Choose the Rasper Wallet?
- As demonstrated above, the Rasper Wallet sets an unprecedented standard in the world of crypto wallets by offering a multitude of exclusive intelligent features, all while guaranteeing that users retain uncompromised control over their assets.
- It introduces a groundbreaking self-custody security model, AI-driven analytics and insights, multi-layered security protocols, an always-on AI chat assistant, biometric authentication, and comprehensive support for diverse cryptocurrencies.
Daniel Noboa becomes Ecuador’s youngest-ever President
- Daniel Noboa has become Ecuador’s youngest-ever president after winning the runoff elections.
- Noboa received 52.29% of the total votes, against rival Luisa Gonzalez’s 47.71%.
- Ms González accepted her defeat at the polls on Sunday night and pledged her support for the new President.
- Noboa is the son of banana tycoon, Alvaro, who himself unsuccessfully stood for elections multiple times. Noboa has pledged to attract foreign investment and develop Ecuador’s business sector.
- Capital- Quito
- Currency- United States Dollar
- President- Daniel Noboa
- Official language- Spanish
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- President of Gabon – Gen Brice Oligui
- President of Singapore – Tharman Shanmugaratnam (Indian origin)
- President of Zimbabwe – Emmerson Mnangagwa (2nd term)
- PM of Thailand – Srettha Thavisin
- PM of Pakistan – Anwarul Haq Kakar (caretaker PM)
- PM of Greece – Kyriakos Mitsotakis (2nd term)
R Krishnamoorthi gets Dalip Singh Saund Award for political leadership
- Indian-American Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi has been presented with the Dalip Singh Saund Award for political leadership in recognition of his “exemplary commitment to advancing the interests of Asian-American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities in Congress.
- The ‘Political Leadership Award’ was presented to Krishnamoorthi by Asian American Unity Coalition (AAUC) at an event recently. Saund was the first Sikh, Indian-American to be elected to the Congress.
- The AAUC, which is a coalition that encompasses dozens of nonprofit organizations and lifetime members, embodies the rich tapestry of Asian-American and Native Hawaiian-Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities, including Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, and Polynesian Americans, among others.
- With its mission to advocate for and uplift these diverse communities, the AAUC stands as a unifying force dedicated to addressing the unique needs and challenges faced by AANHPI individuals and organizations across the United States.
- Cambrian Patrol 2023 military exercise in UK – Indian Army won gold medal
- Girls Leading Change by US First Lady Jill Biden – Indian American Gitanjali Rao
- World’s Best Employers 2023 in Forbes World’s Best Employers list 2023 – NTPC Ltd
- Satyajit Ray Lifetime Film Award at 54th IFFI – Michael Douglas
- Best Asian TV Series at Busan International FF – Hansal Mehta’s newsroom drama series Scoop
Coastal Security Exercise Sagar Kavach held in Andhra Pradesh
- A two-day comprehensive Coastal Security Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ involving all maritime security agencies was conducted by the Indian Navy in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry.
- About 2,500 personnel from the Indian Navy, Coast Guard, State and the union territory administration, Marine Police, fisheries, customs, intelligence agencies, lighthouses, ports, and forest were engaged in the exercise.
- The exercise aimed to assess the efficacy and robustness of the coastal security mechanism while dealing with an “asymmetric threat” emanating from the sea.
- The exercise witnessed close coordination and synergy among all coastal security stakeholders and the lessons learned from the exercise would be incorporated to strengthen the coastal security architecture.
Recent Exercise in News
- Cambrian Patrol 2023 Military Exercise in UK – Indian Army won gold medal
- Indian Navy hosts HADR CHAKRAVAT Exercise 2023 – Goa
- 11th edition of SAMPRITI between India and Bangladesh – Umroi, Meghalaya
- 30th edition of SIMBEX between Indian Navy and Singapore Navy – South China Sea.
- 21st edition of Varuna 2023 between Indian Navy and French Navy – Arabian Sea
17 October – World Trauma Day
- World Trauma Day is observed every year on 17 October
- Objective – To raising awareness about trauma, its causes, symptoms, and prevention.
- Trauma is an emotional response to accidents, injuries, physical violence, rape, natural disasters, or any other incident that affects an individual both physically as well as mentally.
- The main aim of observing the World Trauma Day is to educate people about the causes and consequences of trauma, and promote trauma care & prevention strategies.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|