Daily Current Affairs 1st December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Meghalaya cabinet approved mental health and social care policy
- Meghalaya has become the first state in the Northeast to pass the first-ever Mental Health and Social Care Policy.
- Objective – To promote overall mental health and well-being and facilitate appropriate access and care pathways.
- After Kerala and Karnataka, Meghalaya becomes the third state in India to have such a policy.
- This policy will ensure that proper attention is given to mental health, particularly for our youth and adolescents.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – D. Mishra (additional charge)
23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 begins in Nagaland
- The 23rd Edition of the Hornbill Festival 2022 begins at Naga Heritage Village Kisama,
- It will celebrate from 1st December to 10th December.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the function of the festival as the Chief Guest.
- The festival represents all ethnic groups of Nagaland.
- The aim of the festival is to revive and protect the rich culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
- Festival highlights include the traditional Naga Morungs exhibition.
- Capital- Kohima
- Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
- Governor- Jagdish Mukhi
Popular Festivals of Nagaland
- Moatsu festival
- Ngada festival
- Monyu festival
- Aoleng Festival
International Lusophone Festival to be held in Goa
- International Lusophone Festival is being held from 3 to 6 December 2022 in
- The Ministry of External Affairs is organizing the festival in partnership with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations and the Goa government.
- The festival seeks to further India’s connection with the Lusophone world.
- Goa has had historical linkages with the Lusophone world. This has been nurtured through the presence of Portuguese cultural institutions like the Orient Foundation and the Camoes Institute which promote the Portuguese language and culture in India.
- Capital – Panaji
- Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant
- Governor – S. Sreedharan Pillai
Jyotiradity Scindia inaugurated multiple flights to boost northeast connectivity
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiradity Scindia has inaugurated multiple flights to expand the connectivity to the northeastern region.
- The flights are operated by Indigo and Alliance Air.
- The new route will enhance the northeast region’s connectivity with the two major metro cities.
- The Itanagar-Mumbai flight via Kolkata operated by IndiGo has started. Twice-weekly Dibrugarh-Itanagar-Ziro flights have operated by Alliance Air. The Dibrugarh-Itanagar-Pasighat twice-weekly flights have operated by Alliance Air.
Anurag Thakur inaugurated Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Assembly
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has inaugurated the 59th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) General Assembly and Associated Meeting 2022 in New Delhi.
- Prasar Bharati is hosting the ABU General Assembly this year. The event coincides with Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to mark the 75th year of India’s Independence.
- The ABU is a nonprofit, professional association of the broadcasting organizations of Asia and the Pacific region.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- RK Singh inaugurated Mobile Health Clinics ‘Doctor Apke Dwar’
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- S Jaishankar addressed 7th edition of the Global Technology Summit
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament in Dhenkanal in Odisha
‘Gaslighting’ named Merriam-Webster’s word of the year for 2022
- US dictionary publisher Merriam-Webster has announced “Gaslighting”, as the word of the year for 2022.
- Gaslighting — behavior that’s mind-manipulating, grossly misleading, downright deceitful
- Merriam-Webster has defined Gaslighting, “The act or practice of grossly misleading someone, especially for one’s own advantage”.
- Interest in the term was up by 1,740% over the previous year according to searches of the online dictionary.
- Other popular words 2022- Oligarch, Omicron, Codify, Queen Consort, Raid
- Permacrisis is Collins Dictionary’s Word of The Year 2022
- Cambridge Dictionary announced ‘Homer’ as Word of the Year 2022
UNESCO recommended Great Barrier Reef to be put ‘in danger’ list site
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) released has recommended Australia’s Great Barrier Reef (GBR) on a list of world heritage sites in danger.
- The UNESCO report found the acidity of the Great Barrier Reef water has increased 26 percent while water quality targets have not been met.
- It recommends urgent action to stop sediment runoff, a ban on destructive gill net fishing and a reduction in runoff from banana and sugarcane farming.
- Spanning nearly 133,000 square miles and home to more than 1,500 species of fish and over 400 species of hard corals, the Great Barrier Reef is an extremely critical marine ecosystem on Earth.
- It is the world’s biggest coral reef ecosystem.
- UNESCO classifies 52 such sites as in danger in order to encourage action to protect them.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Formation – 16 November 1945
- Headquarters – Paris, France
- Director General – Audrey Azoulay (France)
- Member countries – 193
Global Prime Cities Index by Knight Frank: Mumbai ranked 22nd
- According to the Knight Frank report released Mumbai was ranked at 22nd rank in ‘Prime Global Cities Index Q3 (July-September) 2022.
- The three Indian cities; Mumbai, Bengaluru, and New Delhi registered an increase in average annual prices in the third quarter of 2022.
- Bengaluru’s rank also moved up to 27th as against 41st, while New Delhi’s position improved to 36th rank from 38th rank.
- Dubai recorded the fastest rise in prime prices in 2022.
- Wellington was the weakest-performing market.
- Network Readiness Index 2022: India ranked 61st; topped by US
- Climate Change Performance Index 2023: India ranked 8th; top 3 empty; Denmark at 4th
- CFS Global Pension Index 2022: India ranked 41st; topped by Iceland
- Global Hunger Index 2022; India ranked 107th out of 121 countries
- Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index 2022: India ranked 123, topped by Norway
- Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022 – India ranked 4th;topped by Vietnam
Banking and Financial
Star Health launched policy for outpatient expenses
- Star Health and Allied Insurance has launched Star Out Patient Care Insurance Policy, which aims at providing complete health and wellness benefits to customers at an affordable cost.
- The claims processing procedure will be entirely digital.
- Star Out Patient Care Insurance Policy is launched with the aim to bridge the gap between expenses related to in-patient hospitalization, which is catered to by the health insurance industry, and outpatient expenses.
- The policy is available on individual or floater basis and can cover up to six family members. The minimum entry age for adults is between 18 years to 50 years and for dependent children, from 31 days to 25 years.
- The policy has four sum insured (SI) options that customers can choose from – cover of ₹25,000, ₹50,000, ₹75,000, and ₹1 lakh for a policy term of one year.
SEBI set up a panel to review corporate takeover rules
- Capital markets regulator SEBI has set up a high-level panel to review the takeover norms in a move to simplify and strengthen the current rules by adopting appropriate global practices.
- The 20-member committee will be chaired by former Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court, Shiavax Jal Vazifdar.
- The panel, which has representatives of Sebi, stock exchanges BSE and NSE as well as law firms, will advise the regulator on matters related to substantial acquisition of shares and takeovers including measures to facilitate ease of doing business.
- The SEBI regulator will also assess the current rules in light of past judicial pronouncements and various informal guidelines issued by the capital markets regulator.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Founded – 12 April 1988
- Act – 1992
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairman – Madhabi Puri Buch
- SEBI Set up – Uday Kotak committee
- Centre constituted a panel for Higher Educational Institutions – Dr K. Radhakrishnan
- Government formed 5-member committee to review pharma marketing practices – V K Paul
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) – M S Sahoo
- SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC)- Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
- SC appointed panel for recovery of money from NSEL defaulters- Pradeep Nandrajog
- Government sets up committee to develop framework on right to repair – Nidhi Khatri
- Centre formed a committee to strengthen MSP system – Sanjay Agarwal
Appointment and Resignation
Prasanth Kumar elected president of AAAI
- CEO of South Asia of GroupM Media Pvt Ltd Prasanth Kumar has been elected as the President of the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) for 2022-23.
- While Rana Barua (Group CEO of Havas Group India) has been elected as the Vice-President of the Association.
- Immediate Past President, Anupriya Acharya has been appointed as the ex-officio member of the AAAI Board for 2022-23.
- AAAI is a national advertising agency, which was formed in 1945.
- Foreign Secretary – Vinay Mohan Kwatra (reappointment)
- State Presidium of CDU in Germany – Gurdeep Randhawa
- Chairman of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – T G Sitharam
- CEO of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) – Vinit Kumar
- Member of International Committee for Weight and Measures (CIPM) – Venu Gopal Achanta
Preeti Sudan takes oath of office and secrecy as UPSC Member
- Former Health Secretary Preeti Sudan took the Oath of Office and Secrecy as Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Member in New Delhi.
- UPSC Chairman Dr. Manoj Soni administered the oath to Mrs. Sudan at Central Hall, UPSC Main Building.
- Sudan is a 1983 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre retired Indian Administrative Service officer.
- She also served as the Department of Food and Public Distribution Secretary as well as in Women and Child Development and in the Defence Ministry.
- She also served as a Consultant with the World Bank.
- Election Commissioner of India – Arun Goel
- Chairman of National Pension System Trust – Suraj Bhan
- Chairman of ONGC – Arun Kumar Singh
- Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) – Dr. V G Somani (reappointment three months).
- Full-time member of NITI Aayog – Arvind Virmani
Uttarakhand Govt appointed Prasoon Joshi as its Brand Ambassador
- Prasoon Joshi has been appointed by Uttarakhand Government as the state’s brand ambassador.
- He is a prominent and highly awarded member of the Indian advertising and media fraternity.
- Uttarakhand government also bestowed on Joshi the Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman honour for his contributions to art, literature, culture, and advertising.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Janhvi Kapoor – Marico’s Saffola Fittify
- Deepa Malik – Ambassador of Nikshay Mitra (TB Campaign)
- Suryakumar Yadav – UrbanGabru (Men’s grooming brand)
- Neeraj Chopra – Friendship Ambassador of Switzerland
- Lionel Messi – Byju’s
- Yuvraj Singh -T20 World Cup for the Blind
- Sourav Ganguly – Bandhan Bank
- Smriti Mandhana – Gulf Oil Lubricants.
- Rohit Sharma & his wife Ritika Sajdeh – Max Life Insurance
- Punyakoti Dattu Yojana (Karnataka)- Kiccha Sudeep
- Vaani Kapoor – Noise X-Fit 2 smartwatch
- Ravi Shastri – FanCode
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Garuda Aerospace
- Robin Uthappa – Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI)
- Shubman Gill & Ruturaj Gaikwad – My11Circle
- Rishabh Pant – Dish TV India
- Jhulan Goswami -All Women Match Official Team
- Rishabh Pant – Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador
- Jasprit Bumrah- Unix
- Ravindra Jadeja – Kinara Capital
- Smriti Mandhana – IIT Madras incubated startup, GUVI
- Saurav Ganguly – Century LED
- Rahul Dravid – PLAETO
30 November – Saint Andrew’s Day
- Saint Andrew’s Day is celebrated on 30 November every year.
- It is a national holiday is observed across Europe and Scotland on this day.
- People celebrate this occasion on the streets in a ‘kilt’, knee-length men’s dress skirt which originated from Gaelic men.
- Saint Andrew was one of the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ, according to Christianity.
- It is believed that Saint Andrew was born between the years 5 AD and 10 AD in a place which now falls in Israel.
- He had introduced his brother Peter to Jesus, and helped Scottish King Angus in winning the battle against Northumberland to protect Scotland. Saint Andrew was the patron saint of Scotland, Romania, Russia, Greece, Ukraine, and Poland.
1 December – World AIDS Day
- World AIDS Day is observed on 1 December every year.
- Objective – To raise awareness and knowledge about HIV and a call to move toward ending the HIV epidemic.
- The first World AIDS Day was observed in 1988. HIV remains a major public health issue that affects millions of people across the world.
- The virus attacks the immune system and reduces its resistance to other diseases, thereby putting the life of the patient at risk.
- The theme for this year is ‘Equalize’ to address inequalities that are holding back progress in ending AIDS.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor VC Vikram Kirloskar passed away
- The vice chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd Vikram S Kirloskar has passed away at the age of 64.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is a joint venture between the Japanese auto major Toyota Motor Company and the Kirloskar Group.
- He became the vice chairman of Toyota Kirloskar 1998.
- He has also served as president of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers from 2013-15.
- He also served as the President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2019-20.
- He has also been awarded the Indian Institute of Metals (IIM) JRD Tata Award 2020.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|