Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 1st June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
PM Modi to chair SCO Summit virtually
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the 22nd Summit of the SCO Council of Heads of State on 4th July. It will be held in the virtual format.
- India assumed the rotating Chairmanship of SCO at the Samarkand Summit on 16 September last year.
- All the SCO Member States, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan have been invited to attend the Summit.
- In addition, Iran, Belarus, and Mongolia have been invited as observer states.
- As per SCO tradition, Turkmenistan has also been invited as the Guest of the Chair.
- The theme of the summit is ‘Towards a Secure SCO’.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Founded – 2001
- Headquarters – Beijing, China
- Secretary General – Zhang Ming (China)
- Member Countries – 9 (Iran, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan)
- SCO Summit 2022 – Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- SCO Summit 2023 – India
- The founding members (5) of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) were China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan. India and Pakistan officially joined this organization in 2017
PM launches ‘Maha Jansampark’ campaign in Rajasthan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) month-long pan-India campaign, ‘Maha Jansampark’, in poll-bound Rajasthan’s Ajmer covering all 543 Lok Sabha constituencies.
- Under this Maha Jan Sampark, scheduled to be held from May 31 to June 30, extensive public programmes will be done across the country after the completion of 9 yrs at the Centrer.
- Over 51 huge rallies, public meetings at more than 500 places, and over 600 press conferences in over 500 Lok Sabha and 4000 Vidhan Sabha constituencies will be conducted along with over 5 lakh distinguished families will be contacted.
- Door-to-door public meetings will be undertaken from June 20 to June 30, in which all the leaders, office bearers and workers including Union ministers and national office bearers will participate.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Maharashtra Cabinet approves Gender Inclusive Tourism Policy
- The Maharashtra cabinet has approved the implementation of the ‘Aai’ (mother) tourism policy under the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- The cabinet also gave a nod to women-run bike-taxi services in some tourist destinations.
- The Women Tourism Policy Cell will be created under the Directorate of Tourism for the implementation of the Aai policy and a five-point program will be implemented as part of the policy.
- The five-point program includes the promotion of women entrepreneurship, the creation of infrastructure for women, prioritizing the safety of women tourists, customizing products for women tourists, and providing discounts to women travellers.
- A task force will also be formed under the chairmanship of the tourism minister for the effective implementation of the policy.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Meghalaya signed MoU with NIOS to bring dropouts back to schools
- Meghalaya government has signed an MoU with the National Institute of Open Schooling to facilitate the return of dropouts to educational institutions.
- Assam recorded the highest dropout rate in the country with 31 percent of out-of-school students at the secondary level, Tripura with 29.8 percent is ranked number 2.
- While Meghalaya with 27.9 percent dropout rate in the secondary level is ranked third followed closely by Madhya Pradesh (26.1 percent) and Nagaland (24.4 percent).
- An MoU for the identification of Out of School Children (OoSC) and enrolling them into the NIOS Study Centres was signed between the Samagra Shiksha authorities and the National Institute of Open Schooling.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – Phagu Chauhan
Recent MoUs signed by State Government
- Odisha govt collaborates with Infosys, Nasscom to enhance the skills and employability of students
- Goa, Uttarakhand sign MoU to boost tourism
- Himachal Pradesh signed MoU with the French Development Agency Agence Francaise de Development (AFD) for Rs 817.12 crore project.
- Kerala government signed MoU with UN Women to boost women-friendly activities in tourism
- Nagaland government partnered with Patanjali Foods for palm oil cultivation
- NTPC REL signs MoU with Tripura for collaboration in Renewable Energy
University of Edinburgh launches Hindi course
- The University of Edinburgh and the Indian consulate in the UK have collaborated to create the first open-access course in Hindi language.
- The Climate Solutions course is available in English, Arabic and Hindi, with versions focused on Egypt, the UAE, India and the UK.
- It is designed and delivered by award-winning climate change experts, including Executive Director of the Edinburgh Climate Change Institute (ECCI) Professor Dave Reay.
- This program named Climate Solutions was created with the help of translators and developed in conjunction with the Edinburgh Climate Change Institute and the government of India.
- The Climate Solutions: India (Hindi) course, unveiled this month, looks at the science, impacts and solutions of climate change in the country as a valuable resource for many thousands of Hindi-speaking students and educators across India and the rest of the world.
- The university said the collaboration between the government of India and the university was instrumental in the launch of the new Hindi course, having been carefully curated with the help of expert translators.
Suriname to host Indian energy majors from 19 June
- The South American nation of Suriname is hosting an oil and gas conference from June 19 to 23 in hopes of attracting energy companies, particularly from India.
- Suriname is thought to have at least 3-4 billion barrels of oil reserves which were discovered in recent years.
- India imports roughly 85% of its crude oil requirements from abroad.
- While American and European energy companies currently dominate the energy market in Suriname, the country’s officials are interested in bringing in Indian companies and expertise.
- Capital- Paramaribo
- Currency – Surinamese dollar
- Official language- Dutch
- Continent- South America
Banking and Financial
YES BANK launches new logo and campaign
- Yes Bank has unveiled its new and refreshed brand logo. The logo is designed to resonate with consumer needs by providing them utmost experience.
- The design language is digitally friendly and reflects a brand that believes in being fluid.
- The tick has been transformed into a soaring bird, which represents the Bank’s current position of ‘soaring’.
- In addition, Yes Bank is all set to roll out an integrated campaign with the tagline – ‘Life Ko Banao Rich’ – which represents the bank’s core focus of being a complete solution provider for every financial matter.
- The revamped identity extends across bank’s headquarters, branches, products, digital platforms, and communication materials
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Chairman – Sunil Mehta
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
Appointment and Resignation
Tayyip Erdogan re-elected as President of Turkey
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan re-elected as President of Turkey.
- After failing to secure more than 50 percent of votes required for an outright win in the first round held on May 14, Erdogan received 52.14 percent of votes in the second round on Sunday, beating his rival, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who won 47.86 percent.
- The vote seals Erdogan’s place in history as he extends his 20-year rule for a further five years.
- Capital- Ankara
- Currency- Turkish lira
- Official language- Turkish
- President – Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- President of Nigeria -Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- President of Paraguay – Santiago Peña
- President of Bangladesh – Mohammed Shahabuddin Chuppu (22nd)
- Deputy prime minister of UK – Oliver Dowden
- President of Cuba – Miguel Diaz-Canel (2nd term)
- Vice-President of UAE – Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Krithivasan takes charge as CEO of TCS
- Krithivasan took charge as the chief executive officer (CEO) for Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- The stepping down of erstwhile chief, Rajesh Gopinathan, isn’t expected to pose any uncertainty for the company, for which Krithivasan is the fifth CEO in its 55-year history.
- Krithivasan, who has been at TCS for over 34 years now, will be the oldest CEO appointment so far. His predecessor, Gopinathan, was the youngest appointee, taking up the role in 2017, aged 46.
- TCS is India’s largest information technology (IT) services firm by market capitalization.
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Praveen Kumar Srivastava
- As member of UPSC – Suman Sharma
- President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2023-24 – R Dinesh
- Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India’ (IAMAI) – Harsh Jain (CEO of Dream 11)
- President of Basketball Federation of India – Dr. K Govindraj
- MD & CEO of Tata Chemical Board – R. Mukundan (reappointment)
Ajay Yadav appoints as MD of SECI
- Ajay Yadav has been appointed as Managing Director of the Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI).
- Yadav is an IAS officer from the 2005 batch of the Bihar cadre.
- SECI is a Miniratna Category-I Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) established in 2011.
- SECI is the primary implementing agency for renewable energy schemes and projects under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India.
- Chairman of Petroleum & Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) – Anil Kumar Jain
- Chairman of UPSC – Manoj Soni
- Chairperson of Competition Commission of India (CCI) – Ravneet Kaur (replace Ashok Kr. Gupta)
- CFO of Vedanta Limited – Sonal Srivastava
- Director Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) – Praveen Sood (replace Subodh Jaiswal)
Shalini becomes 1st girl NCC cadet to complete mountaineering course
- Shalini Singh has become the first female NCC cadet in India to complete the advanced mountaineering course in the Himalayan region of Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand.
- She was the only female cadet in the team of 45 NCC cadets that was formed to complete the course.
- The Senior Wing NCC cadet, Shalini Singh, was enrolled in the 67 UP Battalion. She began the month-long mountaineering course on April 26.
- Before that, she had to complete her mandatory basic mountaineering course in 2022 at Pahalgam, Jammu, and Kashmir, reported HT. Shalini is pursuing her graduation from Bappa Shri Narayan Vocational PG College.
- To succeed in the course, Shalini scaled 15,400 feet through snow-covered mountains in the Dring Valley.
Bellingham named Bundesliga Player of the Season 2022-23
- 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund football player Jude Bellingham has been named Bundesliga Player of the Season for his incredible campaign in season 2022/23.
- The award is a well-deserved honor for the midfielder, who played a crucial role in BVB’s title bid this season.
- At the age of 19, he became the youngest-ever captain of Borussia Dortmund.
Jyothi Yarraji clinches gold medal at T-Meeting 2023
- Jyothi Yarraji has bagged the gold medal in the women’s 100m hurdles event in the T-Meeting 2023 athletics meet in Tilburg, Netherlands.
- The 23-year-old Jyothi Yarraji clocked 13.20s in the final to win the event at the category E World Ranking competition. En route to the final, Jyothi Yarraji topped the heats with a time of 13.08s.
- Angel Agwazie of Belgium clinched the silver with 13.64s while Dutch athlete Mira Groot clocked 13.78s to bag the bronze.
- While Mohammed Afsal Pulikkalakath finished third in the men’s 400m race at the T-Meeting 2023.
1 June – Global Day of Parents
- The Global Day of Parents is celebrated annually on June 1.
- It aims to honour parents and their vital role in nurturing and caring for their children. It recognizes the important contributions parents make to the well-being and development of their families.
- The inception of the Global Day of Parents can be traced back to 1983 when the Economic and Social Council and the Commission for Social Development called upon the Secretary-General to prioritize family-related issues. Subsequently, in 1989, the United Nations General Assembly declared 1994 as the International Year of the Family, highlighting the significance of families.
- Finally, in 2012, June 1 was officially designated as the Global Day of Parents through a proclamation by the General Assembly.
- The inaugural observance of the Global Day of Parents took place in 2013, marking a significant milestone in recognizing and celebrating the role of parents worldwide.
1 June – World Milk Day
- World Milk Day is observed annually on 1 June.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the benefits of milk for overall nutrition and health.
- Theme – Enjoy Dairy
- The day is an opportunity to appreciate the significance of milk and dairy products in our lives. It is also a chance to support sustainable and responsible dairy practices while promoting the importance of a balanced diet for overall health and well-being.
- World Milk Day was established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food and to celebrate the dairy sector.
- The first World Milk Day was celebrated on June 1, 2001, and since then, it has become an annual event observed in many countries around the world.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|