Daily Current Affairs 1st May 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
IIT-Kanpur launches cybersecurity skilling programme
- IIT Kanpur’s C3iHub, a cybersecurity Technology Innovation Hub, formally inaugurated its Cybersecurity Skilling Programme with support from the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, under the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS).
- The C3iHub-incubated start-ups Threat Guardians Pvt Ltd and Worker Union Support provide additional assistance to the Cybersecurity Skilling Programme.
- The programme focuses on models, tools, and techniques for enforcing security and strives to provide students with a greater grasp of the technological fundamentals of cyberspace and cyber problems. It also introduces real-time cybersecurity approaches and procedures.
- The course includes live classes, online assignments, and practical training. Students will obtain a C3iHub certificate upon completion of the programme, which will add credibility to their professional profile. Internship opportunities will also be available to the top 100 students.
IITs in News
- IIT Guwahati Researchers Develop Time-Bomb Liquid Marbles
- IIT Madras will set up its first international campus in Zanzibar, Tanzania in October 2023.
- IIT Roorkee signs pact with Taiwanese centre for developing tech solutions for earthquakes, floods
- IIT Indore and NASA-Caltech develop low-cost camera for flame imaging
- DRDO Industry Academia Centre of Excellence inaugurated at IIT Hyderabad
India, UK to jointly create India-UK ‘NET Zero’ Innovation Virtual Centre
- India and the United Kingdom have agreed to create India-UK NET Zero Innovation Virtual Centre.
- This centre will provide a platform for stakeholders of both countries to work together in areas like the decarbonization of manufacturing processes, transport systems, and green hydrogen as a renewable source.
- Both countries will also join to launch the first-ever UK-India scientific ‘deep sea voyage’ and ‘space parks’ partnership.
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Rishi Sunak
Sinthan Snow Festival 2023 organized in J&K
- The Directorate of Tourism, Jammu and Kishtwar Tourism Development Authority (KTDA) has organized a two-day Sinthan Snow Festival-2023 at Sinthan Maidan, Kishtwar, J&K.
- The snow festival has been organized in collaboration with the District Administration Kishtwar, the Jammu & Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture, and Languages (JKAACL), and the Army.
- This festival hosts a variety of activities like a Bike Rally, Paragliding, Snow Kayaking, and much more.
- The Sinthan Maidan is becoming a significant hub for skiers, trekkers, etc and the festival is likely to bring this wonderful tourist spot, with stunning natural surroundings, into the limelight and capture the attention of the visitors.
India Calling Conference 2023 organized by IMC in Mumbai
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal has addressed the ‘India Calling Conference 2023’ organized by the Indian Merchants Chamber in Mumbai.
- During his address, he highlighted the contribution of companies from small countries, such as the Czech Republic and Poland, to the supply chain of big companies around the globe.
- Goyal appealed to all to aim for a USD 47 trillion economy when India reaches the year 2047.
- The theme of the 2023 Conference is “Rising India Inviting Partnership for Growth”.
- The conference was attended by Union Minister for Commerce Piyush Goyal, Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari, and Mos for Railways & Textiles Darshana Jardosh.
Goa govt organized 3-day Heritage Festival
- The Goa tourism department has inaugurated a three-day heritage festival, which will showcase art forms, dances and cuisine of the coastal state.
- The Goa Heritage Festival truly captures the essence of the rich cultural heritage, showcasing the vibrant traditions and customs that make Goa so unique.
- The festival aims to promote cultural tourism in Goa by presenting the traditions, culture and arts in the state.
- A unique craft bazaar will also be set up where local businesses will showcase Goa’s diverse handicraft, art, and traditional products.
- Formation – 30 May 1987
- Capital – Panaji
- Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant
- Governor – S. Sreedharan Pillai
Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates Summit on Farm Machinery Technology
- Union Minister of Agriculture, Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated the Summit on Farm Machinery Technology organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Tractor and Mechanisation Association (TMA) in New Delhi.
- During the event, the minister informed that, about 85% of small farmers in the country, who should get the benefit of technology and machinery.
- An amount of six thousand 120 crore and 85 thousand rupees has been released to the States from 2014-15 to 2022-23 for various activities like training, testing, setting up of CHCs, hi-tech hubs, and Farm Machinery Banks under the Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization.
- Besides 15 lakh 24 thousand lakh of farm machinery and equipment have been distributed at subsidized rates through State governments, including tractors, power tillers, and automated machinery.
- The Summit was also attended by stakeholders including Original Equipment Manufacturers, policy planners, suppliers, and product development and design firms.
Recent Inauguration by Narendra Singh Tomar
- Narendra Singh Tomar launched the first of its kind ‘Millets Experience Centre (MEC)’ at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
- Narendra Singh Tomar introduced a new platform called ‘DigiClaim’ on the national crop insurance portal.
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated a 5-day cultural program”AgriUnifest” in Bengaluru.
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the National Workshop on Bamboo Sector Development in New Delhi.
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated National Horticulture Fair in Bengaluru
Rajasthan Housing Board got National Award for Real Estate
- The Rajasthan Housing Board has received a national award for registering the highest number of home projects with the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) and selling the highest number of housing units in the country.
- The National Real Estate Development Council gave away the award to Housing Board Commissioner Pawan Arora in New Delhi.
- The Housing Board has bagged as many as 15 national and international awards during the last four years for its achievements.
- The National Real Estate Award was presented to the Rajasthan Housing Board by the Central Government Agency National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO).
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
PM Modi launches 91 FM Transmitters of capacity of 100 Watt
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has virtually commissioned 91 FM Transmitters of capacity of 100 Watt at Diphu in Karbi Anglong district of
- The transmitter will act as a vehicle to convey information about programs and policies of the government as well as entertainment content to every nook and corner of the country.
- This will strengthen cultural connectivity as well as intellectual bonding and is expected to benefit the underprivileged who may not have had access to this facility earlier.
- This is the 1st FM transmitter of Karbi Anglong and a long-cherished dream of the district.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurates NAMO Medical Education and Research Institute in Silvassa
- PM Modi laid foundation stone for first Digital Science Park in Thiruvananthapuram
- PM Modi flagged off India’s first water metro project in Kochi
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation various projects worth 10,900 crore rupees in Guwahati
- PM Modi addresses 5th International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
Pakistan is the largest recipient of ADB loans in Asia
- Pakistan has become the largest recipient of the Asian Development Bank (ADB)-funded programmes/projects in the year 2022.
- According to the ADB Annual Report 2022, out of total disbursement of over USD 31.8 billion to 40 countries, Pakistan received loans of USD 5.58 billion.
- Pakistan is in a deep economic crisis and out of the total lending of USD 5.58 billion, Pakistan received concessional funding of USD 2.67 billion from the bank last year.
- However, these loans have been used by Pakistan to avert default. These loans were conditional on Pakistan obtaining loans from the IMF, which imposed its own conditionalities.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Counrtries – 68 (Nuie)
Banking and Financial
Shivalik SFB partners with Arya.ag to empower small farmers
- Shivalik Small Finance Bank has partnered with grain commerce platformag to finance small farmers against warehouse receipt.
- With this business correspondent model partnership, Arya.ag, will further its mission to drive financial inclusion for farmers and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and offer loans through Shivalik Small Finance Bank under Warehouse Receipt Finance.
- To bridge the trust deficit in the ecosystem, Arya.ag partners with various financial institutions to offer loans to small and marginal farmers including women, who fall out of the consideration of formal banking.
Recent MoU in Banking Sector
- Chennai Metro launched Singara Chennai Card with SBI
- Agri-tech company Fasal ties up with SBI to help farmers get easy access to loans
- HDFC Bank signs with Export-Import Bank of Korea for $300 million
- Citi Bank and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) have joined hands to provide a co-financing loan to IndusInd Bank Limited, a private commercial bank.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance partnered with UCO Bank for health insurance products
Russian poet Maria Stepanova wins Leipzig Book Prize 2023
- Maria Stepanova, a powerful contemporary voice of Russian literature now living in exile in Berlin, has been awarded the prestigious Leipzig Book Prize for European Understanding in 2023.
- She was honored in Leipzig for her volume of poetry “Madchen ohne Kleider” (Girls Without Clothes).
- It is described as a sensitive and highly poetic study of often hidden violence against the female body and the power imbalance that drives this oppression.
- The prize has been granted since 1994 with the aim of promoting reconciliation in Europe, and it was previously won by another Russian exile, Masha Gessen, a journalist residing in the United States, for her book The Future Is History: How Totalitarianism Reclaimed Russia in 2019.
- Prize money: 20,000 euros
- TAL Presents Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. u Ram Pillarisetti
- Ramon Magsaysay Award 1959 – Dalai Lama
- Immigrant Achievement Award 2023 – Indian American Neeli Bendapudi
- Goldman Environment Prize 2023 – Alessandra Korap
- Billboard’s First Latin Woman of the Year Award – Colombian singer Shakira
Sergio Pérez wins Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023
- Red Bull’s driver Sergio Perez has won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the fourth round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship in Baku.
- Max Verstappen finished 2nd position at the Formula 1 Azerbaijan GP 2023, while Charles Leclerc who started in the pole position for the main race, finished off in the third spot.
- Fernando Alonso finished in fourth place, showing strong pace for Aston Martin after issues in qualifying.
- Mexican driver, Perez also became the first F1 driver to win two races at Azerbaijan GP.
Grand Prix 2023 Winner
- Australian Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
30 April – Ayushman Bharat Diwas
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is a day dedicated to celebrating the success and achievements of the Ayushman Bharat scheme, which is also known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
- The day is observed on April 30 every year to commemorate the launch of the Ayushman Bharat scheme by the Government of India on April 30, 2018.
- The Ayushman Bharat scheme is a flagship healthcare initiative of the Government of India, which aims to provide financial protection to more than 10 crore poor and vulnerable families in the country by providing them with cashless and paperless access to secondary and tertiary healthcare services.
- Under this scheme, eligible beneficiaries can avail of medical services up to Rs. 5 lakh per family per year at any of the empanelled hospitals across the country.
- The scheme is funded by the Government of India and is implemented in partnership with the state governments.
1 May – International Labour Day
- International Labour Day or Worker’s Day is observed every year on 1 May.
- It is celebrated to highlight the importance of workers and their contribution to building society.
- it has its origins in the labour union movement in the United States in the 19th Century – specifically the eight-hour day movement.
- While New York was the first state to introduce a bill recognizing Labour Day, Oregon was the first to pass a law on it on February 21, 1887.
- Later in 1889, the Marxist International Socialist Congress adopted a resolution for a great international demonstration in which they demanded that the workers should not be made to work for more than 8 hours a day. With this, it was also decided that May 1 would be declared as a holiday.
- India began celebrating Labour Day on May 1, 1923, in Chennai, and is also known as ‘Kamgar Divas’, ‘Kamgar Din’, and ‘Antrarashtriya Shramik Divas’.
- The day was first observed by the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan and is considered a national holiday in the country.
1 May – Maharashtra Day and Gujarat Day
- Maharashtra Day or Maharashtra Diwas is celebrated annually on 1 May to commemorate the day on which the western Indian state was created in the year 1960.
- The day marks the formation of the state of Maharashtra, which occurred on May 1, 1960, following the partition of the Bombay State into the linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Maharashtra has a rich and diverse history, with the Maratha Empire ruling over much of the region from the 17th to the 19th Century.
- After India gained independence from British rule in 1947, the Bombay Presidency was formed, which included the present-day states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, and parts of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Karnataka.
- There was a growing demand for linguistic states in India, and in 1956, the States Reorganization Act was passed, which paved the way for the formation of states based on linguistic lines.
- In accordance with this Act, the Bombay State was divided into the states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. Maharashtra became a separate state on May 1, 1960.
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|