Daily Current Affairs 20th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Meghalaya CM inaugurated PA Sangma football stadium
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma has inaugurated the PA Sangma sports complex in Dakopgre, Tura Meghalaya.
- The stadium is a technological marvel, being the country’s largest pre-engineered composite football stadium with a sizeable seating capacity of 9,500.
- The beautiful stadium is a part of an equally magnificent sports complex built at a cost of Rs 127.7 crore which is also nearing completion.
- The stadium and the two indoor stadiums are built over a combined area of over 17,000 sqm.
- The indoor stadiums, along with a gymnasium, swimming pool, table tennis Hall, squash hall, and badminton hall will be ready for inauguration by December 2023.
- The government has also launched a talent identification programme for athletes.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – D. Mishra (additional charge)
Tamil Nadu government launched ‘Friends of Library’ programme
- The Tamil Nadu government has launched the ‘Friends of Library’ programme, under which books would be directly given to those who are unable to access state-run libraries.
- This project will be helpful to people with disabilities, seniors, kids, and hospital in-patients, among others, who are unable to visit a library.
- The programme will involve 2,500 libraries in its initial phase, including 31 district libraries.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
India jumped from 7th to 3rd global ranking in scientific publications
- India has jumped from 7th to 3rd global ranking in scientific publications.
- This was informed by the Union Minister for Science & Technology, Dr. Jitendra Singh after a review meeting with the senior official of the Department of Science & Technology in New Delhi.
- According to the National Science Foundation (NSF)’s Science & Engineering Indicators 2022 report, India’s global position in scientific publications has improved from 7th in 2010 to 3rd in 2020.
- China leads the world in the publication of the maximum number of scientific papers followed by the USA.
- Passport Index 2022 published by Arton Capital – India ranked 87th; topped by UAE
- Global Aviation Safety Rankings: India ranked 48th; topped by Singapore
- List of countries at risk of mass killings: India ranked 8th; Pakistan topped
- Global Prime Cities Index by Knight Frank: Mumbai ranked 22nd
- Network Readiness Index 2022: India ranked 61st; topped by US
- Climate Change Performance Index 2023: India ranked 8th; top 3 empty; Denmark at 4th
Madhya Pradesh government forms task force to prevent online gambling in state
- Madhya Pradesh government has constituted a high-level task force, which will make recommendations about regulating online gambling and gaming.
- It will be headed by the state chief secretary Iqbal Singh Bains.
- The task force has been constituted to examine various judicial precedents, legal situations, and technical aspects related to prevention and control online gambling and gaming and make recommendations to the state government.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Banking and Financial
AU Small Finance Bank joined hands with HDFC Life for bancassurance
- AU Small Finance Bank has partnered with HDFC Life for the bancassurance business model.
- This partnership would enable diverse customers of AU Small Finance Bank to access the entire range of life insurance products offered by HDFC Life.
- According to the Swiss Re report (2019), India has the highest protection gap of 83% in comparison to other insurance markets.
- Bancassurance – Bancassurance is the selling of insurance products through banking channels. In Bancassurance, a bank enters into an agreement with an Insurance company.
- The Bank makes its customer database available to Insurance companies. If the bank customer buys the insurance products then the bank will receive a commission from the Insurance companies.
About AU Small Finance Bank Limited
- Founded – 1996
- Founder – Sanjay Agarwal
- Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan
- MD & CEO – Sanjay Agarwal
- Tagline – Chalo Aage Badhein
Indian Bank launched Ind Shakti 555 days
- Indian Bank has launched a new special retail term deposit dubbed “Ind Shakti 555 days”.
- Special Retail Term Deposit Product “IND SHAKTI 555 DAYS” has offered a higher rate of interest for investment starting from Rs.5000 to less than 2 Crore for 555 days in the form of FD/MMD with callable options.
- An interest rate of 7% for the general public and 7.15% for senior citizens.
- It is offering an interest rate of 3.00% on deposits that mature in the next 30 to 45 days.
About Indian Bank
- Founded – 1907
- Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO – Shanti Lal Jain
Recent Facilities launched by Banks
- Canara HSBC Life Insurance launches Non-Participating ‘Guaranteed Fortune Plan
- IDFC First Bank launched a sticker-based debit card named FIRSTAP
- Union Bank of India inaugurated ethical hacking lab
- HDFC Life launched ‘Insure India’ campaign
- HDFC Bank launched SmartHub Vyapar for merchants
- ICICI Bank launched ‘Smart Wire’ facility
HDFC Securities launched investor education platform ‘Roots’
- Stock brokerage firm HDFC Securities has launched Roots, a dedicated platform providing comprehensive investor education and market analysis.
- The site offers multiple forms of valuable information, including articles, bite-sized tips, podcasts by experts, video tutorials and explainers, and live social media feed on the Indian financial markets.
- The Blog section of Roots is updated with articles addressing all aspects of investing in the Indian financial markets, from intraday trading to ETFs, and more.
- This platform produces content which are being searched on Google by current or prospective investors and traders.
- HDFC Securities CEO – Dhiraj Relli
IDFC FIRST Bank launched ZERO Fee Banking savings accounts
- IDFC FIRST Bank has launched ZERO Fee Banking on savings accounts and waived fees on 25 commonly used banking services.
- The banking services include savings accounts such as cash deposits and withdrawals at branches, third-party cash transactions, demand drafts, IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, cheque book, SMS alerts, interest certificates, insufficient balance for ATM transactions, international ATM usage, and so on.
- The customers maintaining as low as Rs 10,000 Average Monthly Balance, and the Rs 25,000 AMB savings account variant will get these benefits.
- This is a customer-friendly initiative from IDFC FIRST Bank.
- The bank has announced the facility on the occasion of its Foundation Day on 18 December.
About IDFC First Bank
- Founded – October 2015
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – V. Vaidyanathan
Bandhan Bank signed MoU with Defence Ministry for defence pensioners
- Bandhan Bank has signed an MoU with the Controller General of Defence Accounts, Ministry of Defence for extending banking services to the Defence Pensioners and their families.
- The Bank will provide services to Defence Pensioners and their families through 557 branches.
- The bank is aligned with the vision of the government in being a one-stop solution to all pension-related activities of defence pensioners under the Outreach Programme for Defence Pensioners on System for Pension Administration Raksha (SPARSH).
About Bandhan Bank
- Founded – 2001
- Founder – Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Headquarters – Kolkata
- MD & CEO – Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Chairperson – Anup Kumar Sinha
- Spice Money partnered with Axis Bank for financial inclusion in rural India
- YES Bank partnered with Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
- Tata Power Solar Systems partnered with Union Bank of India to help MSME sector
- Federal Bank partnered with JCB India to finance heavy equipment buyers
- IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
India’s Sargam Koushal won Mrs World 2022 title
- Mumbai’s 21 years old Sargam Koushal has won the title of Mrs World 2022, after defeating 32-year-old Las Vegas.
- Aditi Govitrikar became the first Indian woman to win the honour for India in 2001 and after the wait of 21 long years, Sargam has scripted history again.
- The victory is reminiscent of Harnaaz Sandhu’s win at Miss Universe last year as she too brought home the crown after 21 years of Lara Dutta’s big win in 2000.
- 32-year-old Sargam who looked stunning in a shimmery pink gown with intricate embroidery work and sequins, trumped contestants from 63 countries.
- Mrs World began in 1984 and has been conducted in over 80 countries. This is the second time India won the coveted crown after Aditi Govitrikar who was declared the winner of the pageant in 2001.
- Candidates from 21 to 48 years can participate in the contest.
- ITF World Champions 2022 crowned – Rafael Nadal (Men’s) & Iga Swiatek (Women’s)
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2022 – National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
- Two Golden Globe Award nominations – Indian film RRR
- WTA Player of the Year for 2022 – Iga Swiatek
- SIES Award for public leadership – Venkaiah Naid
Jaipur Pink Panthers won 9th Pro Kabaddi League title
- Jaipur Pink Panthers has defeated Puneri Paltan 33-29 in the summit clash to emerge champions of the Pro Kabaddi League Season 9 champions.
- V Ajith, Sunil Kumar, and Arjun Deshwal emerged as the best players for Jaipur side with six points each.
- The tournament was played across Bengaluru, Pune, and Hyderabad while the playoffs were played in Mumbai.
- Jaipur Pink Panthers team is currently led by Sunil Kumar Malik and coached by Sanjeev Baliyan.
- The team is owned by Abhishek Bachchan.
Indian women’s hockey team won FIH Nations Cup
- The Indian women’s Hockey team beat Spain 1-0 in the final to win the inaugural FIH Nations Cup played at Valencia, Spain.
- Captain Savita Punia led the Indian team.
- With this win, the Indian team has been promoted to the 2023-24 FIH Hockey Women’s Pro League.
- The winning goal was scored by Gurjit Kaur of India. India finished third in the 2021-22 FIH Pro League.
- India and Spain had played in the FIH women’s Hockey Pro League 2021-22 season as replacement teams after pull-outs by Australia and New Zealand due to COVID-19-related issues.
Chahat Arora sets national record in women’s 50m breaststroke
- Indian swimmer Chahat Arora set a new national record in the women’s 50m breaststroke at the FINA World Swimming Championships 2022 in Melbourne, Australia.
- Arora clocked 32.91s to top heat 2 at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre’s 25m short course pool and bettered her own previous record of 32.94s set at the National Aquatic Championships 2022 in September.
- Lithuania’s Ruta Meilutyte, topped the overall heats with a timing of 29.10s.
- This is the 16th edition of the FINA World Swimming Championships 2022.
20 December – International Human Solidarity Day
- International Human Solidarity Day is observed on 20 December every year.
- Objective- To develop new initiatives to work towards global challenges in terms of poverty, sustainable development, overall well-being, and world peace.
- On December 20, 2002, the UN General Assembly introduced a World Solidarity Fund to help counter global poverty. This got included in the United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) trust fund in February 2003.
- To commemorate the above day, the UN declared December 20 as International Human Solidarity Day.
Lance Naik Bhairon Singh Rathore passed away
- Bhairon Singh Rathore, a BSF veteran, and hero of the 1971 India-Pakistan War died in Jodhpur at the age of 81.
- He served in the 14th BSF unit during the war and retired from service in 1987.
- The BSF veteran’s bravery at Rajasthan’s Longewala post during the war was portrayed by actor Suniel Shetty in the Bollywood movie ‘Border’.
- He was awarded the Sena Medal in 1972 for his bravery.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|