Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 20th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
WHO and Ministry of Ayush signed the Traditional and Complementary Medicine
- The Ministry of Ayush and World Health Organization (WHO) have signed the Traditional and Complementary Medicine ‘Project Collaboration Agreement’ in Geneva.
- The main objective of this agreement is to standardize Traditional and Complementary Medical Systems, integrate their quality and safety aspects into the National Health System, and disseminate them at the international level.
- Through this cooperation agreement, efforts will be made to connect Traditional and Complementary Medical Systems with the mainstream of the National Health System.
- To fulfil this objective, Traditional Medicine Global Strategy 2025-34 will be prepared by WHO with the support of the Ministry of Ayush.
- Other major objectives of the agreement include efforts to strengthen the system of training and practice in the field of Complementary Medicine System ‘Siddha’, formulation of guidelines for the listing of Traditional and Complementary Medicines, safety and related efforts, etc.
- An International Herbal Pharmacopoeia of herbs found in South-East Asia will be developed by the Ministry in collaboration with WHO. Efforts will be made under this agreement to integrate evidence-based Traditional and Complementary Medicines with the National Health System, conservation and management of biodiversity and medicinal plants, etc.
2-day Global Fisheries Conference 2023 begins in Ahmedabad
- Union Fisheries Minister Parshottam Rupala has inaugurated the two-day Global Fisheries Conference India 2023 in Ahmedabad.
- Theme 2023 – Celebrating Fisheries and Aquaculture Wealth
- The conference aims to bring together key stakeholders on one platform for fruitful discussions, market insights and networking and serve as a platform to forge partnerships with national and international stakeholders and chalk out a roadmap for sustainable growth of India’s fisheries sector.
- Delegations from more than 10 countries, including France, Norway, Australia, Russia, Brazil, Greece, Spain, New Zealand and Zimbabwe, have confirmed they will physically participate in the conference. In addition, more than 50 other foreign diplomats are anticipated to join the meet virtually.
- Similarly, representatives from around 10 international organizations, including Natural Resources and Agriculture Specialists of the Asian Development Bank and the India Head of Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN, will also attend the conference.
- The event is anticipated to attract 5,000 visitors, including farmers, vendors, representatives of cooperatives, and start-ups.
54th International Film Festival of India opens in Goa
- The 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) begins in Goa. The opening ceremony was held at Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Bambolim.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has inaugurated the 9-day event, which will showcase 270 films.
- While the British film ‘Catching Dust’ is the opening movie, ‘The Featherweight’ from the US will be the closing film of the festival this year.
- Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to legendary Hollywood actor and producer Michael Douglas.
- The IFFI has started OTT Awards from this year, to recognize excellence in OTT series and films.
Ladakh secures 4th GI tag for Sea Buckthorn
- In Ladakh, after GI Tag for Apricot (Raktsey Karpo), Pashmina, and Ladakhi Wood Carving, the Geographical Indication Registry, operating under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, has officially granted the GI tag to the Department of Industries & Commerce, Ladakh and approved it as the Registered Proprietor for ‘Ladakh Sea Buckthorn’ in Class 31.
- Farmers of Kargil are very excited for this special recognition for Sea Buckthorn, one of the most profitable crop of UT Ladakh having 90 % production from Ladakh in India.
WHO launches commission to foster social cohesion and loneliness
- The World Health Organization has announced a new Commission on Social Connection, to address loneliness as a pressing health threat, promote social connection as a priority and accelerate the scaling up of solutions in countries of all incomes.
- The Commission will consider how connection enhances the well-being of our communities and helps foster economic progress and social development.
- Running for three years, it will analyze the central role social connection plays in improving health for people of all ages and outline solutions to build social connections at scale.
About World Health Organization (WHO)
- Formation – 7 April 1948
- Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
- First President – Andrija Štampar
- Director General – Tedros Adhanom (Ethiopia)
- Deputy Director General – Soumya Swaminathan (Indian)
- Member Countries – 194
Perumal Murugan wins JCB Prize for Literature
- Tamil writer Perumal Murugan won the coveted JCB Prize for Literature for his novel, Fire Bird, an English translation of his Tamil novel Aalanda Patchi.
- The award carries ₹25 lakh cash prize. The translator is Janani Kannan and the work was published by Penguin.
- The prize aims to celebrate Indian writing and to help readers across the world discover the very best of contemporary Indian literature.
- It makes significant awards also to translators; without whose work no reader can appreciate the scale and diversity of literature written in over 20 languages.
- Maharashtra’s Lata Mangeshkar Award 2023 – Suresh Wadkar
- First ‘Lifetime Disturbing the Peace Award’ – Salman Rushdie
- Champions of Change Award by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy – Dr. Somdutta Singh
- 19th Kalakar Puraskar’ Award – Apolinaris D’Souza
- Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023 – Kerala
Sheynnis Palacios crowned Miss Universe 2023
- Nicaragua’s Sheynnis Palacios has been crowned Miss Universe for the year 2023, marking her country’s first win at the international beauty pageant.
- The 72nd edition of the Miss Universe pageant was held at the Jose Adolfo Pineda Arena in San Salvador, El Salvador.
- Miss Thailand Anntonia Porsild emerged the first runner-up and Miss Australia Moraya Wilson was named the second runner-up at the event.
- Palacios was crowned by USA’s R’Bonney Gabriel, who held the title of Miss Universe for the year 2022.
- According to Miss Universe, Palacios is a 23-year-old mental health activist and audiovisual producer from Managua, Nicaragua.
- Palacios bested entrants from 83 other countries, including Miss India Shweta Sharda, who was called into the list of top 20 contestants.
- Erica Robin, who was crowned the first ever Miss Universe Pakistan 2023, also made it to the top 20.
France test-fires long-range ballistic missile ‘M51.3’
- France has successfully test-fired an M51.3 long-range ballistic missile, boosting the credibility of France’s nuclear deterrence capabilities.
- The missile, which did not carry a nuclear weapon, was fired from the French army’s Biscarosse missile testing site in southwest France and landed in the North Atlantic, “hundreds of kilometres from any coastline.
- The M51.3 missile is an upgraded version of the M51, a three-stage sea-land strategic ballistic missile designed to be launched from French Navy submarines.
- The M51 was first test-fired from a ground base in 2006 and from a submarine in 2010, the year it was commissioned.
- The new M51.3 missile, which is expected to enter service around 2025, is developed by aerospace firm ArianeGroup, a joint venture between Arbus (AIR.PA) and French defence group Safran (SAF.PA)
- Ballistic missiles are similar to rockets and follow elliptic trajectories after launch, often leaving the earth’s atmosphere to reach lower space, unlike cruise missiles, which typically follow straight trajectories at low altitudes, powered by continuous thrust until they reach their target.
Virat Kohli earns the “Player of the Tournament” title in the Cricket World Cup 2023
- Indian star batter Virat Kohli has been awarded with the “player of the tournament” title in the ICC World Cup 2023 for his exemplary performance.
- Kohli scored a total of 765 runs in 11 innings, the highest-ever runs scored by a batter in a single edition of the World Cup. He averaged at 95.62, and ended up with a strike rate of 90.3
- The former Indian skipper also added 6 fifties & 3 centuries to his name.
Australia won the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
- Australia lifted the ICC Men’s Cricket world cup defeating India by six wickets in the final at the Narendra Modi stadium in Ahmedabad.
- Chasing a modest target of 241 runs, Australia completed the task in 43 overs for the loss of four wickets with a gritty century knock of Travis Head, after some initial setbacks. He made 137 and was declared Player of the Match.
- Earlier, India managed to post 240 runs in the stipulated 50 overs. The highlight of the Indian innings was half-centuries by Virat Kohli and K L Rahul. Rahul made 66 while Virat scored 54 runs. Skipper Rohit Sharma also made quick 47.
- With this win Australia has won the World Cup title 6 times viz. 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2015 and 2023.
19 November – World Toilet Day
- World Toilet Day is observed every year on 19 November.
- The main objective of celebrating this day is to make people aware of the cleanliness of toilets.
- On this day people are told about the importance of using toilets and cleanliness. This day is also used to create awareness about the cleanliness of toilets and also to stop people from defecating in the open.
20 November – World Children’s Day
- World Children’s Day is observed every year on 20 November.
- Objective – To recognize the rights, well-being, and potential of every child.
- Theme 2023 – For Every Child, Every Right
- This significant occasion marks the anniversary of two landmark documents that enshrined the fundamental rights of children globally – the Declaration of the Rights of the Child, adopted in 1959, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, ratified in 1989.
- The idea of a World Children’s Day was first proposed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) in 1925. The ILO was concerned about the plight of children who were being forced into labor and were not receiving an education.
- In 1954, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming Universal Children’s Day. The date of November 20th was chosen to commemorate the adoption of the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.
20 November – Africa Industrialization Day
- Africa Industrialization Day is celebrated on November 20 each year.
- It’s a period when governments and organizations in several African countries consider how to accelerate the continent’s industrialization.
- It’s also an opportunity to draw international media attention to Africa’s industrialization concerns and challenges.
- A geographical representation of Africa, including the island of Madagascar, is a popular symbol of Africa Industrialization Day.
- Flags of African international organizations, including the African Union, as well as a variety of national flags, are hoisted in celebration.
- In July 1989, the Organization of African Unity (O.A.U.) conducted its 25th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Africa Industrialization Day was announced on November 20 during this session. Africa Industrialization Day was recognized by the United Nations General Assembly on December 22, 1989, and on November 20, 1990, it was celebrated for the first time.
19 November – Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is celebrated on November 19 every year to recognize the achievement of women entrepreneurs and to support the efforts of women to build their business ventures.
- This global initiative, established by the Women’s Entrepreneurship Development Organization (WEDO), has already been adopted by more than 144 countries worldwide
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day was established by the Women’s Entrepreneurship Development Organization (WEDO), an NGO, aimed at alleviating global poverty.
- The United Nations recognized November 19 as Women’s Entrepreneurship Day in appreciation of the organization’ committed efforts.
- The first Women Entrepreneurship Day was observed in New York City in 2014 and the majority of UN member nations supported it.
Former RBI Governor S Venkitaramanan passes away
- Former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), S Venkitaramanan passed away recently at the age of 92.
- Venkataraman managed the affairs at the central bank when the country faced two major crisis – balance of payment crisis that led to the pledging of gold and the securities scam triggered by Harshad Mehta – in the 1990-92 period.
- He served as Finance Secretary in the Ministry of Finance for a period of four years from 1985 to 1989 when Rajiv Gandhi was the Prime Minister of the country.
- Venkitaramanan, who had finished his civil service career by 1990, moved on to Karnataka as an adviser to the Governor during President’s rule there, before taking over as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India in December 1990 — an appointment that came on the back of Rajiv Gandhi’s support whose backing was critical for the survival of the then Chandra Shekhar government.
- In the early part of 1991, up to April-May, when the balance of payment crisis deepened — marked by Indian banks even being denied overnight borrowings from abroad, NRIs withdrawing deposits and a downgrade by global credit rating agencies — at the RBI, Venkitaramanan began working on the phone with various central banks.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|