Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 20th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
IBM inks 3 pacts with IT Ministry on semiconductor, Al, Q-computing
- US multinational technology giant IBM has inked three pacts with IT Ministry in areas of semiconductors, Artificial Intelligence and quantum computing.
- The three MoUs signed were in the areas of semiconductors, Al and quantum computing.
- As a part of the partnership, IBM would be a knowledge partner of the India Semiconductor Mission and establish a semiconductor research centre in the country.
- The semiconductor research centre will also work on skilling Indian students and professionals by providing them access to research facilities
- Apart from these, the semiconductor research centre will also promote innovation of semiconductor technologies such as logic, advanced packaging and heterogeneous integration.
- SUN Mobility partners with Bluwheelz to deploy over 16,000 EVs
- India Global Forum signs with World Governments Summit to develop an Emerging Economies Programme
- DMRC sign with BEL to develop Communication Based Train Control system
- Amazon Web Services ties up with ISRO to advance its Al capabilities
- TCS collaborates with Dassault Systems in Living Heart Project
Amul’s ‘Be More Milk’ campaign goes global at Time Square
- Amul said its ‘Be More Milk’ campaign had made a big splash at New York’s Time Square, the world-famous intersection that sports massive digital screens.
- The campaign displayed the ‘Be More Milk’ message in a colourful and animated billboard that grabbed the attention of passersby and lit up the iconic intersection in a unique way.
- Famously known as the melting pot of cultures from all over the world, this setting played a special role in the launch this campaign, internationally.
- Amul’s latest campaign Be More Milk creatively depicts milk in a new, and young avatar, while encouraging the youth around the world to be honest, pure, refreshing, natural, authentic, comforting and urges them to blend in with different cultures in a positive way.
PM Modi launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra through video conferencing.
- These centers being established across 34 rural districts of the state, will conduct skill development training programs across various sectors to provide employment opportunities to rural youth.
- Each centre will train about 100 youngsters in at least two vocational courses.
- The training is being provided by empanelled industry partners and agencies under the National Skill Development Council. The establishment of these centres will help the region attain significant strides towards developing.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi released a new Garba song titled “Maadi”.
- PM inaugurated 3rd edition of Global Maritime India Summit 2023
- PM inaugurated 141st International Olympic Committee Meeting in Mumbai
- PM Modi inaugurated 9th ‘G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit in New Delhi
- PM Modi inaugurated the country’s first high-tech sports training center in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
Dharmendra Pradhan launches India Skills 2023 competition
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched the India Skills 2023 competition in New Delhi.
- The skill competition is important in showcasing the unique and varied talents of the nation’s youth. The future of India’s education lies in skill development over conventional rote learning.
- The New Education Policy will bring skill upscaling and rescaling to meet the market needs and boost employability.
UP government to organize three-day ‘Sri Anna Mahotsav’
- The Uttar Pradesh government will organize Sri Anna Mahotsav in the state capital from October 27 to 29 to promote the use of millet.
- Farmers doing good work for the production of millets would be felicitated on the occasion.
- Fifty progressive farmers from each division will take part in the event which is aimed at creating awareness among people and farmers with regard to the cultivation and consumption of millets in the state.
- Around 40 stalls of food made from millets will also be put up during the three-day Sri Anna Mahotsav.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Dharmendra Pradhan launches web portal ‘Apna Chandrayaan’
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched a web portal and special modules on ISRO’s ambitious Chandrayaan-3 mission for school students.
- The web portal “Apna Chandrayaan” has activity-based support material such as quizzes and puzzles for students.
- The minister also released 10 special modules on Chandrayaan-3, offering a comprehensive overview of its various facets, including scientific, technological, and social aspects, as well as the emotional journey and team spirit of the scientists involved.
- Pradhan described the success of Chandrayaan-3 as one of the most significant achievements of the 21st century that has inspired the children of the country the most.
- More modules will be prepared on 14 different topics including women empowerment, COVID-19 vaccination, India’s G20 Presidency, etc.
- Digital certificates will be issued for all those who score more than 70 percent, and the first 1,000 winners will receive age-appropriate books. Jigsaw Puzzles and picture builders for the foundational, preparatory, middle, and secondary levels have also been developed.
- Also, there will be inspiring stories in the form of graphic novels depicting events that shaped ISRO’s journey up to Chandrayaan 3.
Global Pension Index 2023: India ranked 45; Topped by Netherland
- The 15th annual Mercer CFA Institute Global Pension Index (MCGPI) has been published, and it shows that the Netherlands’ retirement income system has once again secured the first position.
- Iceland and Denmark have claimed the second and third positions in the ranking, respectively.
- The Netherlands had the highest overall index value (85.0), closely followed by Iceland (83.5) and Denmark (81.3). Argentina had the lowest index value (42.3).
- India had an overall index value of 45.9 from 44.5 in 2022, ranking 45 out of the 47 retirement income systems analyzed primarily due to improvements in adequacy and sustainability sub-indices, according to the 15th annual Mercer CFA Institute Global Pension Index (MCGPI).
- This year, the Global Pension Index compares 47 retirement income systems across the globe and covers 64 percent of the world’s population.
- The 2023 Global Pension Index includes three new retirement income systems: Botswana, Croatia, and Kazakhstan.
- The report also revealed that falling birth rates have put pressure on several economies and pension systems over the longer term, negatively affecting the sustainability scores of countries like Italy and Spain.
- Several Asian systems, however, including mainland China, Korea, Singapore, and Japan, have undertaken reforms to improve their scores in the last five years.
- India’s retirement income system comprises an earnings-related employee pension scheme, a DC (defined contribution) employee provident fund (EPFO), and supplementary employer-managed pension schemes that are largely DC in nature.
- Global Hunger Index 2023 – India ranked 111th
- Global Innovation Index 2023 -India at 40th; topped by Switzerland
- World Talent Ranking 2023 – India ranked 56th; topped by Switzerland
- World’s Freest Economy Report – Rank 1. Singapore, 2. Hong Kong, 3. Switzerland, 4. New Zealand, 5. US
- Digital Quality of Life Index 2023 – India ranked 52nd; topped by Denmark
- Chainalysis’ Global Crypto Adoption Index 2023 – Rank 1 India, 2. Nigeria, 3. Vietnam, 4. US, 5. Ukraine.
Banking and Financial
Federal Bank launched the ‘Mookkannoor Mission’ initiative at its founder’s village
- The Federal Bank has inaugurated the ‘Mookkannoor Mission’, an initiative under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, on the 106th birth anniversary of its Founder KP Hormis
- Mookannoor, a village in Ernakulam district, is the birthplace of the Founder.
- The Bank adopteda comprehensive plan of digitizing the entire village as well as a cleanliness drive that includes waste management, tree plantation, community development, renewable energy projects, etc that will be implemented in stages.
- The programme named “Mookkannoor Mission” was launched by Shyam Srinivasan, MD & CEO at Sacred Heart English Medium School, Mookkannoor.
- This is a dream project not only for the residents of Mookkannoor but also for Federal Bank. In India’s story of transformation, if ever a chapter on cleanliness is written – Mookkannoor should become the shining example of how transformation can happen.
About Federal Bank
- Founded- 23 April 1931
- Founder- K.P Hormis
- Headquarters – Kochi, Kerala.
- CEO- Shyam Srinivasan
Recent Facilities Launched in Banking & Insurance Sector
- ICICI Bank launched ‘iFinance, a One-Stop Solution
- Yes Bank becomes first lender to offer ‘ONDC Network Gift Card’
- SBI launches ‘Mobile Handheld Device’ to improve accessibility and convenience.
- PhonePe launched its own app store platform Indus Appstore
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank launched of Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) Using UPI on ATMs
- Axis Bank Launched ‘NEO For Business’ Ban Platform for MSMEs
RBI imposed penalty on ICICI Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank for violation of norms
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty or ₹12.19 crore on ICICI Bank and ₹3.95 crore on Kotak Mahindra Bank for non-compliance of certain regulatory norms.
- The penalty on private sector lender ICICI Bank has been imposed for contravention of norms related to ‘Loans and Advances-Statutory and Other Restrictions’ and ‘Frauds classification and reporting by commercial banks and select Fls’.
- The penalty on Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited has been imposed for contravention of directions related to “Managing Risks and Code of Conduct in Outsourcing of Financial Services by banks”, “Recovery Agents engaged by Banks”, “Customer Service in Banks”, and “Loans and Advances – Statutory and Other Restrictions”.
- In both cases, the RBI said the penalties are based on the deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the banks with their customers.
Sanjay Kulshreshtha appoints as new CMD of HUDCO
- Sanjay Kulshreshtha has been appointed the new Chairman and Managing Director of the Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO).
- Kulshreshtha has been serving as the Executive Director at REC Limited (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited), and will soon be joining his new post as the CMD of HUDCO.
- This posting has given HUDCO a full-time CMD for the first time since 2019.
- HUDCO is a government-owned company in India established in 1970 under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It specializes in providing financial assistance for housing and urban infrastructure projects across the country.
- International Dairy Federation (IDF) Board – Dr Meenesh Shah
- Finance Director of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) – Dr. Bijay Kumar Mohanty
- National president of the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) – Pankaj Bohra
- Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – Navneet Munot (replace A Balasubramanian)
- Vice chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – Anthony Heredia (replace Radhika Gupta)
Pakistan successfully tests medium-range ‘Ababeel Weapon System’
- Pakistan has successfully conducted the flight test of the ‘Ababeel Weapon System’ to further strengthen its deterrence.
- The latest test of the ballistic missile system was aimed at “re-validating various design, technical parameters, and performance evaluation of different sub-systems.
- The missile system is aimed at strengthening deterrence and enhancing strategic stability in the region through the operationalization of Full Spectrum Deterrence in the overall construct of Credible Minimum Deterrence.
- The Ababeel missile has a length of 21.5 meters and a diameter of 1.7 meters and is designed to carry both conventional and nuclear warheads.
- It carries multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles (MIRVs), marking South Asia’s first MIRV payload.
Punjab hits highest-ever T20 total in Indian cricket history
- Punjab created history by smashing the highest-ever T20 total by any Indian cricket team, 275/6 against Andhra Pradesh in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2023.
- Abhishek went on to score 112 runs in just 51 balls as Punjab posted a mammoth total of 275 for 6 in their 20 overs, beating the previous record of 263 set by IPL side Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) against Pune Warriors India in 2013.
- This is the highest total in Indian T20 cricket (SMAT or IPL) and fourth highest overall in T20 cricket history.
- Punjab went past Mumbai’s record, who smashed 258 runs against Sikkim in the 2019 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy edition.
- The explosive Punjab batting also broke the previous record (RCB, 21 sixes) of most sixes by a team in a T20 match. With the help of 9 sixes each by Abhishek and Anmolpreet, 2 of Naman Dhir, and 1 of Prabhsimran, Punjab hit as many as 22 sixes in the match.
- Andhra Pradesh lost the match by 15 runs as they managed to score 170/7 in their 20 overs in reply to Punjab’s historic total.
Sornnarin Tippoch retires from international cricket
- Former Thailand captain Sornnarin Tippoch has announced her retirement from international cricket in Bangkok, bringing curtains on a near 16-year playing career.
- Tippoch led Thailand to their first-ever T20 World Cup appearance at the 2020 mega-event in Australia.
- Tippoch first represented Thailand in 2008, when the national women’s team did not have international status.
- The 37-year off-spinning allrounder has now played 75 T20Is (of which she has captained in 39) and 9 ODIs.
- She was at the helm when Thailand Women surpassed Australia’s record for most consecutive wins in Women’s T20Is (17) – a streak that ran from July 2018 to August 2019.
Recently Retired Players
- Alastair Cook – International Cricket – England
- Steven Finn – All forms of Cricket – England
- Alex Hales – International Cricket – England
- Manoj Tiwary – All forms of cricket – India
- Diego Godin – Professional Football – Uruguay
- Stuart Broad – International Cricket – England
- Lahiru Thirimanne- International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Nahida Khan – International Cricket – Pakistan
20 October – World Statistics Day
- World Statistics Day is celebrated every year on 20 October.
- The day is dedicated to create awareness about the significant role of advanced, reliable, and good-quality statistics in the development of global nations.
- The United Nations General Assembly established World Statistics Day on 20 October 2015.
- The idea of celebrating World Statistics Day was proposed at the United Nations Statistical Commission’s 41st Session in February 2010. The commission recommended marking October 20, 2010, as the first World Statistics Day.
- National Statistics Day is celebrated on June 29 every year to recognize the contributions of PC Mahanalobis.
20 October – World Osteoporosis Day
- World Osteoporosis Day is observed every year on October 20.
- This day is marked to promote and highlight the importance of early diagnosis of osteoporosis, its treatment and preventive tips.
- Theme 2023 – Build Better Bones
- World Osteoporosis Day was initially observed in 1996 by the National Osteoporosis Society of the United Kingdom which was also supported by the European Commission.
What is Osteoporosis?
- Osteoporosis is a condition that affects the bones of an individual. The bone loses strength and density. Weak and brittle bones are at a higher risk of fractures.
- It is important to watch out for the symptoms of osteoporosis to save the bones from significant bone loss. If left uncontrolled, this condition can make it difficult to perform day to day activities.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|