Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 21st November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
UP govt launched ‘Every Right for Every Child’ campaign
- The Uttar Pradesh government has launched the ‘Every Right for Every Child’ campaign to ensure equal opportunities for students.
- Led by Power Angel and Bal Sansad, the campaign, centred around ‘equality and inclusion,’ includes daily activities in primary, upper primary, and Kasturba Gandhi schools.
- The campaign’s theme focuses on ‘Gender Equality’ and ‘Care and Support,’ advocating for equal opportunities in families, homes, schools, sports, careers, healthcare, and child protection facilities, as well as in the community and public life.
- Additionally, the School Management Committee (SMC) will share issues and suggestions with principals and officials to honor teachers, students, and citizens advocating for child rights.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Dharmendra Pradhan launched 37 PM SHRI Kendriya Vidyalayas and 26 PM SHRI Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in Odisha
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Dharmendra Pradhan has launched 37 PM SHRI Kendriya Vidyalayas and 26 PM SHRI Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in Odisha.
- About 800 government schools in Odisha will be developed into PM Shri Schools and more than Rs 1600 crore will come.
- He stated that to achieve the goal of a developed India by 2047, the education sector of the country needs to move forward. For that, rural children should be educated in the 21st century.
Bihar Governor approves Bill raising reservation from 50% to 65%
- Bihar Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar approved the State Government’s ‘Bihar Reservation Amendment Bill’ which was passed unanimously by the State Legislature during the recently concluded winter session.
- It was approved by the State Cabinet on November 7 and raises the reservation quota for Backward, Extremely Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes from 50% to 65%.
- According to the legislation, named the Bihar Reservation Amendment Bill, quota for Extremely Backward Class (EBC) will be raised from the existing 18% to 25%; for Backward Class (BC) from 12% to 18%; for Scheduled Caste (SC) from 16% to 20%; and for Scheduled Tribe (ST), the quota will be doubled, from 1% to 2%. The existing 3% reservation for BC women has been scrapped.
India ranks third in Global Unicorn Rankings with 72 Unicorns
- India ranks third with 72 unicorn companies, with a total valuation of $195.75 billion. The country’s unicorns make a substantial 5 percent contribution to the total global unicorn valuation, according to research by Journalistic Org.
- The first Indian company to make an appearance in global rankings is BYJUs, which stands at 36th place with a valuation of $11.50 billion.
- Despite a lower average valuation per unicorn at $2.72 billion compared to some counterparts, India’s unicorns make a substantial 5 percent contribution to the total global unicorn valuation. This places India in league with the UK, emphasizing its significance in the international start-up arena.
- China has the second-highest number of unicorn companies, with a combined valuation of $641.67 billion, accounting for 17 percent of the total valuation of all unicorn companies in China.
- ByteDance – the parent company of TikTok – is the highest-valued company in China, and is valued at over $225 billion.
- The US has the highest number of unicorn companies worldwide with an impressive 668 – over three times more than China in second place (172).
- Unicorn companies in the US have a combined valuation of over $2 trillion, accounting for over half (54 percent) of the total valuation of unicorn companies.
- Inclusiveness index by US varsity – India ranked 117th; topped by – New Zealand
- Global Pension Index 2023 – India ranked 45; Topped by Netherland
- Global Hunger Index 2023 – India ranked 111th
- Global Innovation Index 2023 -India at 40th; topped by Switzerland
Mira Murati appointed as interim CEO at OpenAI
- Mira Murati has been appointed as interim Chief Executive officer of OpenAI. She will replace Sam Altma.
- Mira Murati has commented on the current deepfake concerns in India. Ms. Murati, who played a role in promoting Dall-E, an AI model generating images from text, discussed the company’s efforts to address the issue of manipulated media using their technologies during a talk show.
- Mira Murati, a 34-year-old mechanical engineer born to Albanian parents, has been an integral part of the OpenAI team. She initially joined the company in 2018 as the Vice President of AI and partnerships.
- Interim CEO at OpenAI – Mira Murati (replace Sam Altma)
- Indian envoy to the Caribbean Community – Amit S Telang
- Advisor to board of the US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF) – Ajay Kumar
- UK Foreign Secretary – David Cameron
- MD of Torrent Gas Limited – Manoj Jain
- Member (Finance) at the Airports Authority of India (AAI) – Pankaj Malhotra
- Nominee Director of South-East Asia Gas Pipeline Company Limited (SEAGP) Board – Deepak Gupta
Uttar Pradesh won the ‘Best State’ award for inland fisheries
- Uttar Pradesh has won an award for inland fisheries (plain areas) and will receive it at the Global Fisheries Conference-2023 place in Delhi.
- As of now, 31 projects are being implemented under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana in U.P.
- The visionary approach of the CM has led UP to secure the top position in inland fish farming across the country. While last year’s fish production was 8.09 lakh metric tonnes, this year the department had already achieved a production value of 9.15 lakh metric tonnes.
- Similarly, the department has also recorded an increase in fish seed production. While last year’s production value stood at 27,128 lakh metric tonnes, this year it has reached 36,187 lakh metric tonnes.
- As of now, 31 projects are being implemented under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana in U.P. Under it, ₹15,282.5 had been distributed to beneficiaries.
- Fishermen Accident Insurance Scheme has benefited 1,16,159 fishermen in the state. Under it, an assistance of ₹5 lakh is granted to each family of fishermen who are killed in accidents, ₹2.5 lakh to those who become disabled, and ₹25,000 to the injured.
- Earlier, ranching was limited to 12 districts, but it has since expanded to 68 districts.
Deepti Babuta becomes first woman to bag Dhahan Prize for Punjabi literature
- Mohali-based Deepti Babuta has become the first woman to bag the Dhahan Prize, the largest international literary award for fiction books in Punjabi language.
- Babuta received the award for her short story collection, ‘Bhukh Eon Sah Laindi Hai’ (‘Hunger Breathes Like This’).
- She was presented with a cash award of $25,000 CAD and a trophy at a ceremony held at Northview Golf and Country Club in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
- Alongside her, two other finalists — Lahore-based Jameel Ahmad Paul and Mohali’s Balijit were awarded $10,000 CAD each.
- This is for the first time in its 10-year history that the top prize has gone to a woman.
About Dhahan Prize
- The Dhahan Prize was established by the Canada India Education Society (CIES) and the University of British Columbia (UBC) in 2013 to give a platform to both aspiring and established writers to take their work to a broader, multilingual audience.
- JCB Prize for Literature – Perumal Murugan (for Fire Bird novel)
- Maharashtra’s Lata Mangeshkar Award 2023 – Suresh Wadkar
- First ‘Lifetime Disturbing the Peace Award’ – Salman Rushdie
- Champions of Change Award by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy – Dr. Somdutta Singh
- 19th Kalakar Puraskar’ Award – Apolinaris D’Souza
20 November – World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic was observed on 20th November 2023 to spread to a growing number of countries on every continent.
- The objectives of the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims are to provide a platform for road traffic victims and their families
- Theme 2023 – Accelerating Change
- The Day has become an important tool in global efforts to reduce road casualties.
‘Dhoom’ Director Sanjay Gadhvi passed away
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gadhvi of Dhoom fame died at the age of 56.
- He was known for directing the 2004 film Dhoom and its 2006 sequel Dhoom 2.
- Gadhvi made his directorial debut with Tere Liye in 2000.
- Kunal Kohli, director of “Hum Tum” and “Fanaa”, was one of the first film personalities to condole Gadhvi’s demise on social media.
- The director also worked on Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai in 2002, which was his first project with Yash Raj Films.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|