Daily Current Affairs 21th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Unani Institute in Silchar
- The Union Minister of Ayush Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine (RRIUM) in Silchar.
- The newly opened institute is the first such center in the Northeast on Unani medicine.
- The new complex spreads over an area of 3.5 acres, built with an investment of Rs.48 crore. The National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC) developed the complex, which is a Government of India enterprise.
- The institute will provide treatment for the diseases particularly on Gastro-intestinal disorders and Respiratory disorders.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- RK Singh has launched the Green Energy Open Access portal
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament
- Rajnath Singh launched ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ website
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
Haryana launched awards to promote good governance
- The Haryana government has introduced an award scheme to promote good governance and reward innovative human resources who make extraordinary efforts at workplace.
- Those officials who have done innovative work in economic, infrastructure and social sector or state flagship programmes can apply for awards under the Haryana Good Governance Award Scheme (Haryana Sushasan Puraskaar Yojana, 2022).
- For the state level award, the winning individual or team will get a first prize of ₹ 51,000 in cash, second prize of ₹ 31,000 and third prize of ₹ 21,000.
- At the district level, the first prize will be a cash reward of ₹ 31,000, the second prize of ₹ 21,000 and the third prize of ₹ 11,000.
- A trophy, and an appreciation certificate signed by the chief minister (whose copy will be kept in the service book of the employee) will also be given.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Banking and Financial
Federal Bank partnered with JCB India to finance heavy equipment buyers
- Federal Bank has partnered with JCB India to finance the prospective buyers of heavy construction equipment.
- Under the agreement, Federal Bank is the preferred finance partner of the construction equipment manufacturer, where JCB’s customers can avail of loans from the lender at competitive interest rates.
- This partnership would prove to be hugely beneficial to a segment of customers who are looking for easy finance options to take their business forward.
About Federal Bank
- Founded- 23 April 1931
- Founder- K.P Hormis
- Headquarters – Kochi, Kerala
- CEO- Shyam Srinivasan
- IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
- NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
- SIDBI signed an MoU with Bureau of Energy Efficiency to finance green MSMEs
- Mahindra Finance partnered with India Post Payments Bank to boost credit access for customers
- CASHe partnered with IRCTC to launch ‘travel now pay later’ facility
Government increased maximum tenure of PSU banks’ CEO to 10 years
- The maximum tenure of CEO and MD of public sector banks has been increased to 10 years, a move that will help the government retain the best talent in the banking sector.
- As per a government notification, the term for the appointment has been extended to 10 years, from the earlier 5 years, subject to superannuation age of 60 years.
- Earlier, the MD or executive director of a public sector undertaking (PSU) bank was eligible for a maximum tenure of 5 years or 60 years whichever was earlier. This is also applicable for whole-time directors of all Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
- The amendment would be called Nationalized Banks (Management and Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Scheme, 2022.
Uma Sharma received Sumitra Charat Ram Award
- Kathak exponent Uma Sharma has received the prestigious ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award’ in recognition of her contribution in the field of Indian classical music and dance.
- Sharma is a renowned classical dancer who has been awarded Padma Shri (1973) and Padma Bhushan (2001) for her unique contribution to the cultural tradition of this country.
- Kathak dancers Pandit Birju Maharaj, Kumudini Lakhia, Hindustani classical vocalists Kishori Amonkar, Pandit Jasraj, Girija Devi, Sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, Odissi dancer Mayadhar Raut, and flautist Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia are among the former recipients of the award.
- She received the award from former governor of Jammu and Kashmir Karan Singh and Sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan in a ceremony organized at Kamani Auditorium by Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra (SBKK).
- This award was instituted in 2010.
- Gold award at 47th ICQCC-2022 – NTPC team
- Lifetime Achievement Award at 53rd IFFI Goa – Carlos Saura
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna 2022 – Sharath Kamal
- Responsible Tourism Global Award – Kerala Tourism
- UK’s royal Order of Merit – Nobel laureate Venki Ramakrishnan
Khalid Jawed won the JCB Prize 2022 for Literature
- Khalid Jawed’s The Paradise of Food has been awarded the JCB Prize for Literature 2022.
- “The Paradise of Food” tells the story of a middle-class joint Muslim family over a span of fifty years where the narrator struggles to find a place for himself, at odds in his home and the world outside.
- Jawed received the prize money of Rs 25 lakh along with a trophy — a sculpture by Delhi artist duo Thukral and Tagra, “Mirror Melting”.
- The book, originally published as “Ne’mat Khana” in 2014, is the fourth translation to win the award and the first work in Urdu.
- Bihari Puraskar – Madhu Kankariya (31st) and Dr. Madhav Hada (32nd)
- Kuldip Nayar Patrakarita Samman Award 2022 – Arfa Sherwani & Ajit Anjum
- Bailey K. Ashford Medal 2022 – First Indian scientist Dr. Subhash Babu
- Fellow of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (FASTMH) award 2022 – First Indian scientist Dr. Subhash Babu
- International Kannadiga Rathna award – YKC Wadiyar
- Chevalier Award by French government – Aruna Sairam
Dalai Lama honoured with Gandhi Mandela award Gandhi Mandela Award 2022
- The 14th Dalai Lama was conferred the Gandhi Mandela Award 2022 at Thekchen Choeling in Dharamshala’s Mcleod Ganj by Himachal Pradesh governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar.
- The award, constituted by the Gandhi Mandela Foundation, is in recognition of promoting the values and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela in the interest of global peace and freedom.
- The award serves to recognize the global leaders who inspire citizens for peace, unity and freedom.
- This time, the awardee, Dalai Lama, was selected by a jury including former Chief Justice of India KG Balakrishnan and Justice Dipak Misra, forme Supreme Court Judge Gyan Sudha Misra, former Chief Justice of Nepal Justice Kedarnath Upadhyay and former Chief Justice of Bangladesh Justice MD Tafazzul Islam.
- Ezhuthachan Award 2022 by Kerala govt. – Noted Malayalam writer Sethu
- First Kerala Jyothi – M T Vasudevan Nair
- SKOCH Award 2022 – West Bengal’s Lakshmir Bhandar scheme
- Friends of Liberation War award – Former US Senator Edward M Kennedy by Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina
- European parliament’s Sakharov prize 2022 – Ukrainian people
India won 25 gold medals at 15th Asian Airgun Championships
- In Shooting, India ended their campaign at 15th Asian Airgun Championships in South Korea with 25 gold medals.
- Indian Pair of Manu Bhaker and Samrat Rana won the 10-meter Junior Air Pistol Mixed Team event.
- The Indian pair of Rhythm Sangwan and Vijayveer Sidhu clinched gold in the corresponding senior event.
- Sangwan and Sidhu won in the Air Pistol Mixed Team final.
Carlos Alcaraz becomes the youngest world No. 1 ATP Player
- Carlos Alcaraz has become the youngest year-end ATP World Number 1, making him the first teenager to achieve this feat.
- He is the 18th year-end world number 1 in history and the first outside of ‘Big Four’ players Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Andy Murray since Andy Roddick in 2003.
- Alcaraz clinched his first-ever ATP Masters 1000 title in Miami.
Max Verstappen won F1 Abu Dhabi GP 2022
- Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen has won the title of Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2022, held at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- He has also set new records for the most race wins (15) and most points in a single season (454) in 2022.
- A second position in the race helped Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc secure the second position in the Drivers’ Championship with 308 points, 3 more than Red Bull’s Sergio Perez.
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Hungarian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Dutch Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Italian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Japanese Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- US Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Mexican Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix 2022 -Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Singapore Grand Prix 2022 – Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix. 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- British Grand Prix 2022 – Carlos Saniz (Spanish)
- Brazilian Grand Prix 2022 – George Russell (Britain)
20 November – African Industrialization Day
- Africa Industrialization Day (AID) is celebrated every year on 20 November.
- Objective – To raise global awareness about the challenges faced by the continent with respect to industrialization.
- The day was founded within the framework of the Second Industrial Development Decade for Africa (1991-2000).
- The United Nations General Assembly, in 1989, proclaimed 20 November to be observed as “Africa Industrialization Day”.
21 November – World Television Day
- World Television Day is commemorated every year on November 21.
- Objective – To recognize the invention of television and the role it plays in our everyday life.
- Television is a symbol of communication and globalization in the contemporary world.
- In 1927, American inventor Philo Taylor Farnsworth invented the world’s first electronic television. A year later, W3XK, the first mechanical TV station, created by Charles Francis Jenkins aired its first broadcast.
- The United Nations General Assembly through resolution 51/205, proclaimed November 21 as World Television Day on December 17, 1996.
19 – 25 November 2022 – World Heritage Week
- The World Heritage Week is being observed from November 19 and November 25, 2022.
- Objective – To raise awareness about traditional and cultural practices.
- Entry for tourists is free at all Archaeological Survey of India-protected monuments on November 19 to mark the commencement of World Heritage Week.
- World Heritage Day is observed on 18 April every yea
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|