Daily Current Affairs 22nd May 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Amit Shah lays foundation stone of campus of National Academy of Coastal Policing
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus of the National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) at Okha in Gujarat’s Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- The National Academy of Coastal Policing, the country’s first national academy was established in 2018 to provide intensive training to the marine police of nine coastal states, five Union Territories as well as the Central Police Forces.
- The Center has sanctioned Rs 441 crore to develop NACP with modern infrastructure, latest technology and state-of-the-art training facilities to enhance the security of the coastal borders.
- The academy’s primary objective is to enhance the skills and capabilities of coastal police personnel.
- Home Minister also virtually inaugurated five coastal outposts of BSF located at the Jakhau coast of the Kutch district.
Recent Inauguration by Amit Shah
- Amit Shah inaugurates training program on legislative drafting in New Delhi
- Amit Shah launched Vibrant Villages Programme in Arunachal Pradesh
- Amit Shah inaugurated Vedic Heritage portal in New Delhi
- Amit Shah virtually inaugurated development project in Ahmedabad worth Rs 154 cr
- Amit Shah inaugurated the first phase of the Bangalore Safe City Project in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for National Forensic Sciences University in Karnataka.
Mahatma Gandhi bust unveiled by PM Modi in Hiroshima
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a bust of Mahatma Gandhi in the Hiroshima City of Japan.
- The location of the bust of Gandhi has been chosen as a mark of solidarity for peace and non-violence.
- The US conducted the world’s first nuclear attack on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, destroying the city and killing some 140,000 people.
- The Mahatma Gandhi bust serves as a gift from the Government of India to the city of Hiroshima, signifying a meaningful and significant symbol of friendship and goodwill between India and Japan.
- Created by the renowned Padma Bhushan awardee Shri Ram Vanji Sutar, the triumphant statue stands tall at 42 inches, crafted from durable bronze material.
- Capital – Tokyo
- Currency – Yen
- Prime Minister – Fumio Kishida
1st Inter-Ministerial Committee Meeting held on World Food India 2023
- The First Inter-Ministerial Committee Meeting for World Food India 2023 was held in New Delhi.
- The committee meeting was chaired by Smt. Anita Praveen, Secretary of Food Processing Industries (FPI).
- The meeting aimed to discuss the preparation and participation of Ministries/ Departments/Organizations for the upcoming event.
- The second edition of World Food India is set to be organized by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in the first week of November 2023.
- India is a global leader in the production of millets with an area of about 12.5 million hectares and a share of more than 15 percent of the world’s total production.
- Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana are the major millets producing states.
Govt to set up 1,100 farmer producer organizations in cooperative sector
- The cooperation ministry announced 1,100 new farmer-producer organizations will be established in the cooperative sector under a central scheme.
- Under the scheme, a target of establishing 1,100 additional FPOs has been allocated to the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- Financial assistance of Rs 33 lakh is provided to each FPO under the scheme. Further, financial assistance of Rs 25 lakhs per FPO is provided to the Cluster-Based Business Organisations (CBBO).
- Since February 2021, the agriculture ministry is implementing a central sector scheme titled ‘Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) with a budgetary provision of Rs 6,865 crore.
Israel ties up with IIT-M to set up water technology centre
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with Israel to build an ‘India-Israel Center of Water Technology’ (CoWT) in Water Resources Management and Water Technologies.
- The LoI to establish this center was signed by Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Prof V Kamakoti, Director, IIT Madras, and Naor Gilon, Ambassador of Israel to India in the presence of External Affairs Ministers S Jaishankar and his Israeli counterpart Eli Cohen.
- The Centre aims to build human capacity to ensure the implementation of the best technologies of Israel in a tailor-made context for the Indian requirements and pilot sustainable technologies to ensure water security for the country.
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- India signed an MoU with Israel on Industrial R&D Cooperation
- India signed air service agreement with Guyana to facilitate easier travel between the two nations.
- India signed MoC with Sweden to promote research networking
- India & Australia sign audio-visual co-production agreement
- India signed MoU with US for semiconductor supply chain
India to host Quad summit in 2024
- India will host the Quad Leaders’ Summit in 2024.
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QSD), commonly known as the Quad, is a strategic security dialogue between Australia, India, Japan, and the United States of America.
- It aims to help countries mitigate the effects of climate change and strengthen their climate resilience.
- This year’s Quad Summit was originally scheduled in Australia but was conducted in Japan as US President Joe Biden had to postpone his trip to Australia due to ongoing debt limit talks in Washington.
- Japan is hosting the G7 summit and all the leaders of the group are currently visiting the country. Although India is not a member of G7, PM Modi is also traveling to Japan for the G7 and Quad Summit on a personal invite of Prime Minister of Japan Fumio Kishida.
2025 to be observed as ‘special tourism year’ in Nepal
- The decade of the 2080s of Bikram Samvat will be marked as ‘the Visit Nepal decade’ and the year 2025 as the special year for tourism.
- This was announced by the President of Nepal Ram Chandra Paudel while presenting the policies and programmes for the fiscal year, 2080/81 at the joint meeting of the federal parliament.
- Nearly one lakh tourists have been visiting Nepal monthly since the beginning of 2023. As per the latest statistics maintained by Nepal Tourism Board, Nepal recorded the arrival of over 3.26 lakh foreign tourists in the first four months of 2023.
- As per the latest statistics maintained by Nepal Tourism Board, Nepal recorded the arrival of over 3.26 lakh foreign tourists in the first 4 months of 2023.
- Similarly, the President announced that timely revisions would be made to tourism-related law. The tourist destinations would be popularized in the international community and necessary infrastructure prepared accordingly.
- Capital- Kathmandu
- Currency- Nepalese rupee
- President– Ram Chandra Paudel
- Prime minister– Pushpa Kamal Dahal
Banking and Financial
Paytm launches Paytm SBI Card on RuPay Network with NPCI
- Paytm has partnered with SBI Card and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch the Paytm SBI Card on the RuPay network.
- The aim of this new partnership, they claim, is to revolutionize the way credit is consumed in India by bringing ‘new to credit’ users into the formal economy and expanding to non-urban markets.
- The Paytm SBI Card offers cashback and discounts on transactions made through the Paytm mobile app.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) enabled users to link RuPay credit cards to UPI in 2023.
Recent Facilities Launched in Banks & Insurance Sector
- Bank of Baroda launches electronic bank guarantee on its digital platform
- AU Small Finance Bank launches RuPay credit card for self-employed customers
- RBI, BIS launch global technology competition ‘G20 TechSprint’
- Airtel Payments Bank Introduces Face Authentication for Aadhaar-enabled Payment System (AePS)
- HDFC Bank introduced a digital distribution platform HDFC Bank Smart Sarthi
Indo-Indonesia bilateral Exercise Samudra Shakti-23 concluded
- The fourth edition of the Indo-Indonesia bilateral exercise Samudra Shakti-23 concluded in the South China Sea.
- The sea phase witnessed the participation of ASW corvette INS Kavaratti with an integral Chetak helicopter and a Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft of the Indian Navy.
- KRI Sultan Iskandar Muda with an integral helicopter Panther and a CN 235 Maritime Patrol Aircraft participated in the exercise from the Indonesian Navy.
- Samudra Shakti exercise was first held in 2018.
- India, and Indonesia established diplomatic relations in 1951. Both countries are neighbours, India’s Andaman and Nicobar Islands share a maritime border with Indonesia along the Andaman Sea.
- Exercise Jal Rahat between Indian Army’s Gajraj and Joint Flood Relief – Hagrama Bridge (Manas River), Assam.
- 1st Maritime Exercise between India & ASEAN – Changi Naval Base (Singapore) & South China Sea.
- 7th Ajeya Warrior 2023 between India & UK – Salisbury Plains, UK
- Locked Shields” cyber-defense exercise 2023 organized by NATO in Tallinn, Estonia
- Ex INIOCHOS-23 between Indian Air Force & Hellenic Air Force (Greece) – Andravida Air Base, Greece
- ‘Ex KAVACH’ between Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard – Andaman and Nicobar Command
Elena Rybakina clinches Italian open women’s Singles title
- In Italian Open Tennis, Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan won the title defeating Ukraine’s Anhelina Kalinina by 6-4, 1-0.
- This was Rybakina’s second title of the year.
- With this, Rybakina won the fifth singles title of her career.
- The men’s singles final of the tournament will be played between Denmark’s Holger Rune and Russia’s Daniil Medvedev in Rome.
Shaili Singh clinched bronze medal at the Golden Grand Prix 2023
- Indian athlete Shaili Singh clinched a bronze medal at the Golden Grand Prix 2023 athletics meet in the women’s long jump event in Yokohama, Japan.
- Shaili Singh attempted a jump of 6.65 meter, which provided her third place on the podium at the Yokohama meet, a World Athletics Continental Tour gold label event.
- Germany’s Maryse Luzolo won the gold medal with an effort of 6.79 meter while Australia’s Brooke Buschkuehl bagged the silver medal with a 6.77 meter leap.
- Shaili Singh had won a silver medal win at the World Athletics UNDER-20 Championships in Nairobi.
Rohit Sharma becomes 2nd Indian player to complete 11000 runs in T20
- Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has become the second Indian batter after Virat Kohli (11, 864 runs) to surpass 11,000 runs in Twenty-20 cricket.
- He also becomes the seventh batter overall to score 11000 runs after Chris Gayle, Shoaib Malik, Kieron Pollard, David Warner, and Aaron Finch, and Virat Kohli.
- Most Runs in Men’s T20
Chris Gayle – 14562 runs
Shoaib Malik – 12528 runs
Kieron Pollard – 12175 runs
Virat Kohli – 11864 runs
David Warner – 11609 runs
Aaron Finch – 11392 runs
Rohit Sharma – 11016 runs
21 May – International Tea Day
- International Tea Day is observed every year on 21 May.
- Objective – To raise awareness of the importance of tea in fighting hunger and poverty, as well as the sustainable production and consumption of tea
- In 2005, tea-producing countries came together to celebrate International Tea Day. These countries were Sri Lanka, Nepal, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, and Uganda.
- In 2019, the Intergovernmental Group on Tea decided to celebrate International Tea Day on May 21.
- The first official U.N. International Tea Day was celebrated on May 21, 2020.
21 May – National Anti-Terrorism Day
- National Anti-Terrorism Day is observed in India every year on May 21.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the importance of combating terrorism and promoting peace and harmony in society.
- This day holds significant historical importance and serves as a reminder of the grave consequences of terrorism on innocent lives.
- The genesis of National Anti-Terrorism Day can be traced back to May 21, 1991, when the former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi, was assassinated by a suicide bomber belonging to a terrorist organization, LTTE.
- In remembrance of Rajiv Gandhi’s sacrifice and to honour his commitment towards fighting terrorism, the Government of India designated May 21 as National Anti-Terrorism Day.
19 May 2023 – National Endangered Species Day
- National Endangered Species Day is observed annually on the third Friday in May.
- In 2023 it is being observed on 19 May to raise awareness about the importance of wildlife conservation.
- Objective – To spread awareness on the importance of protecting endangered species, their habitats, and the efforts needed to do so.
- Theme 2023 – Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the endangered species act
- The National Endangered Species Day was established by the US Senate, in 2006. In the 1960s and 1970, global concerns about animal welfare and the issue of extinction of key species were raised.
- The United States acted on the raised issues and on December 28, 1973, the Endangered Species Act was enacted. This was a landmark legislation which institutionalized the country’s commitment to the conservation of plants and wildlife and their habitats.
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|