Daily Current Affairs 23rd March 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
Ranveer Singh named India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022
- According to a report by Kroll, a corporate investigation and risk consulting firm, actor Ranveer Singh has been named India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022 with a brand value of $181.7 million.
- He surpassed cricketer Virat Kohli, who occupied the top spot for five years. Kohli fell to second spot with a brand value of $176.9 million.
- Actor Akshay Kumar remained in third position with a brand value of $153.6 million. With a valuation of $102.9 million, actress Alia Bhatt also retained the fourth spot and the title of the most valued female celebrity.
- Deepika Padukone’s brand valuation of $82.9 million earned her the fifth spot.
- Amitabh Bachchan, Hritik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan were other big names from the film industry that made it to the top 10 list of most valued celebrities.
- Former cricketer MS Dhoni occupied sixth spot on the list with a brand value of over $80 million. Meanwhile, former Indian cricketing icon Sachin Tendulkar entered the top-10 club in 2022, ranking eighth with a brand value of $73.6 million.
PM Modi inaugurated new ITU Area Office and Innovation Center in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new International Telecommunication Union (ITU) field office and innovation center in India in New Delhi.
- Modi also unveiled Bharat 6G Vision Document and launched the 6G Research and Development Test Bed and Call Before U dig App.
- India had signed an agreement with ITU in March 2022 for setting up the Area Office.
- It will serve India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Afghanistan and Iran. It will enhance coordination among nations and foster mutually beneficial economic cooperation in the region.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated longest railway platform in the world in Hubballi-Dharwad.
- PM Modi inaugurate the 3rd session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction on 10th March 2023 in New Delhi.
- PM Modi has inaugurated Shivamogga airport in Karnataka.
- PM Modi inaugurated ‘Barisu Kannada Dim Dimava’ cultural festival at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- PM Modi chaired the 41st edition PRAGATI Interaction meeting
Stadium named after hockey player Rani Rampal
- Indian team’s star hockey player Rani Rampal has become the first Indian woman hockey player to have a stadium named after her.
- The MCF Raebareli has renamed the hockey stadium as ‘Rani’s Girls Hockey Turf.
- Rani made a comeback to the Indian team during the tour of South Africa earlier this year, when she was included in a 22-member squad.
Tamil Nadu’s 18th wildlife sanctuary to come up in Erode
- The Tamil Nadu Government has notified Thanthai Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary as the 18th wildlife sanctuary in the state.
- It is spread over 80,567 hectares in the forest areas of Anthiyur and Gobichettipalayam taluks in Erode district.
- It is close to Malai Mahadeshwara wildlife sanctuary, BRT Wildlife Sanctuary, and Cauvery wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka.
- In the proposed sanctuary, the animal populations would mainly comprise elephants, tigers, leopards, panthers, wild boars, and deer.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
Banking and Financial
Indian economy to grow at 7%; inflation set to moderate: FM
- According to the Finance Ministry report, Indian economy is expected to grow at 7 percent in FY23 despite global headwinds while retail inflation would moderate in line with wholesale inflation which fell to a 25-month low in January.
- It will be supported by the gains from high services exports, the moderation in oil prices, and the recent fall in import-intensive consumption demand.
- The current account deficit (CAD) of India is estimated to fall in FY23 and FY24.
Appointment and Resignation
Manmeet K Nanda appointed as MD & CEO of Invest India
- The board of Invest India has appointed Manmeet K Nanda as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the investment promotion and facilitation body under the commerce ministry.
- Nanda succeeds Deepak Bagla, who resigned from the post last week.
- Nanda is an IAS officer of the West Bengal Cadre of 2000 Batch.
- She is joint secretary in the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- CMD of Cotton Corporation of India – Lalit Kumar Gupta
- ‘Order of Australia’ for bolstering bilateral ties – Ratan Tata
- CMD of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) – G Krishnakumar
- CEO of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – K Krithivasan
- CMD of National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) – Amitava Mukherjee (Additional charge)
- Vande Bharat Express gets Asia’s first woman loco pilot – Surekha Yadav
Arnab Banerjee appointed as MD & CEO CEAT
- Tyre maker CEAT announced that Arnab Banerjee has been appointed as managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) after Anant Goenka resigned.
- Arnab Banerjee as the MD and CEO for a tenure of two years starting 1 April, 2023.
- Anant Goenka will be relieved of his duties as MD and CEO of the company at the close of business hours of 31 March 2023.
- Chairman of CEAT and RPG Enterprises – Harsh Goenka
- MD and CEO of Tech Mahindra – Mohit Joshi
- MD & CEO of Hindustan Unilever Ltd. – Rohit Jawa
- CM of Nagaland – Neiphiu Rio (fifth term)
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya – Conrad Sangma (2nd Term)
- 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) – Sanjiva Shankar Dubey (replaced Bharti Das)
Changi Airport named the World’s Best Airport 2023
- Singapore Changi Airport has been voted the World’s Best Airport at the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
- This is the 12th time Changi Airport has been awarded this prestigious accolade, a record number since the award was first given out in 1999.
- In addition to the World’s Best Airport award, Singapore Changi Airport also garnered awards for the World’s Best Airport Dining, Best Airport for Leisure Amenities, and Best Airport in Asia.
- Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar, and Haneda Airt in Tokyo, Japan, ranked second and third, respectively.
- While no Indian airport made it to the top 20 rankings globally, Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport received the award as the Best Airport in India and South Asia.
Indian-American Mindy Kaling awarded the National Humanities Medals
- US President Joe Biden has presented the prestigious 2021 National Humanities Medal to Indian-American actress and producer Mindy Kaling in recognition of her giving voice to a new generation of storytellers, at a White House ceremony.
- The National Medal of Arts is the highest award, given to artists, arts patrons, and groups by the US government.
- It honours exemplary individuals and organizations that have advanced the arts in America and inspired others through their distinguished achievement, support, or patronage.
- Other notable recipients: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Bruce Springsteen, Vera Wang, Gladys Knight, Judith Francisca Baca.
- CMJ Spirit of Cricket Award 2022 – Nepalese batsman Aasif Sheikh
- Sangita Kalanidhi Award 2023 – Bombay Jayashri
- Healthy City award for smoking laws – Bengaluru
- Saraswati Samman for 2022 – Tamil writer Sivasankari (for Survya Vamsam book)
- Governor of the Year’ by Central Banking – Shaktikanta Das (Governor of RBI)
GRSE launched the ‘Most Silent Ship’ INS Androth
- Indian Navy launched INS Androth, the second in a series of eight indigenous ships built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) at a Kidderpore yard, Kolkata.
- It is an Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft (ASWSWC).
- It is a 77.6-meter-long and 10.5-meter-wide vessel, propelled by three diesel-driven water jets that will pack a punch.
- The ship is capable of a maximum 25 knots speed and will carry lightweight torpedoes, ASW rockets, and mines.
Asia’s largest 4-metre liquid mirror telescope inaugurated in Uttarakhand
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has inaugurated Asia’s largest 4-meter International Liquid Mirror Telescope (ILMT) at Devasthal in Uttarakhand.
- It is situated at an altitude of 2450 meters at the observatory, which lies at the campus of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences.
- It is the first liquid mirror telescope designed exclusively for astronomical observations and this is the largest aperture telescope available in the country at present and is also the first optical survey telescope in India.
- The ILMT employs a 4-meter-diameter rotating mirror, which was made up of a thin layer of liquid mercury, to collect and focus light.
Recent Inauguration by Jitendra Singh
- Jitendra Singh launched a portal for research grants and funds for women scientists by CSIR council under CSIR-ASPIRE.
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated a two-day Regional Conference in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Jitendra Singh launched “Geospatial Hackathon”
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated Incubation Centre at NRDC
- Jitendra Singh launched revamped probity portal ‘e-HRM 2.0
Hima Das, Ancy Sojan win gold in 200m and long jump in IGP
- Star sprinter Hima Das won the 200m race quite comfortably in 23.79 seconds while long jumper Ancy Sojan shared the limelight with a best effort of 6.49m in the Indian Grand Prix-1 athletics event.
- Assam’s Hima beat Aishwarya Kailash Mishra (24.81) of Maharashtra and VK Vismaya (24.82) of Kerala to take the women’s 200m gold.
- Sojan with a best effort of 6.49m, just past the 6.45m mark laid down as the Asian Games qualifying standard.
22 March – World Water Day
- World Water day is celebrated on March 22 every year.
- Objective – To spread awareness about the water crisis all over the world.
- Theme 2023 – Accelerating the change to solve the water and sanitation crisis
- The history of World Water Day can be traced back to the year 1992. Officially, this day was first adopted as a resolution by the United General Assembly Conference on Environment and Development, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- From 1993, the United Nations General Assembly decided to celebrate this day as “World Water Day” to increase awareness about the need and conservation of water.
- In 2015, the world was committed to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6 as part of the 2030 agenda.
- A promise to provide safely managed water and sanitation by 2030.
Bihar celebrated 111th foundation day
- Bihar observed its 111th foundation day on 22 March 2023.
- On this day, the state of Bihar was carved out from the Bengal presidency in 1912.
- The theme of the 2023 event is “Yuva Shakti Bihar ki Pragati”.
- This year, a number of events are being organized in Gandhi Maidan, Patna from March 22 to 24, 2023.
- The tradition of celebrating Bihar Day was first started in the year 2010 under the guidance of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and since then it is celebrated with great pride.
23 March – Shaheed Diwas
- Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Diwas is observed on March 23 to commemorate the martyrdom of Bhagat Singh, Shivram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar who were hanged to death by the Britishers.
- Indian remembering the sacrifice of these three brave men today (i.e.) March 23, 2023 which is the 92nd death anniversary.
- In India, there are six days declared as Martyrs’ Day and the two most important are 30 January & 23 March.
- Other Martyrs’ Day celebrated in India include 19 May, 13 July, 17 November, and 19 November.
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|