Daily Current Affairs 23rd May 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
MP becomes 1st state in country to provide free air travel to pilgrims
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to provide government-funded air travel for pilgrimage under the Mukhya Mantri Teerth-Darshan Yojana.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has flagged off a batch of 32 senior citizens on pilgrimage to UP’s Prayagraj from Bhopal via flight under the ‘Mukhya Mantri Tirath Yatra Yojana’.
- So far, 7, 82,000 elderly people have undertaken pilgrimage in 782 special trains under the scheme.
- Chief Minister Chouhan prepared an effective action plan for the month of May to July to make the benefits of Mukhya Mantri Tirth-Darshan Yojana by air easily available to the elders of the state, which launched on May 21 from Bhopal to Prayagraj.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
PM Modi addresses 76th Session of the World Health Assembly in Geneva
- The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has addressed the 76th Session of the World Health Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland.
- India shipped almost 300 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to over 100 countries including many countries from the Global South.
- India’s commitment to international cooperation and informed that the country shipped almost 300 million doses of covid-19 vaccines to over 100 countries including many countries from the Global South.
- India’s vision for good health is ‘One Earth One Health’, which extends to the entire ecosystem including animals and plants.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicate several railway projects worth over 8,000 crore rupees in Odisha
- PM inaugurates International Museum Expo 2023 at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- PM Modi addresses 29th Biennial Conference of All India Primary Teachers’ Federation in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi lays foundation stone worth INR 4,400 crores in Gujarat
- PM Modi lay foundation stone of scientific projects worth over Rs 5,800 cr in New Delhi
- PM Modi inaugurates projects worth over 5500 crore in Rajasthan
- PM Modi launched 91 FM Transmitters of capacity of 100 Watt at Diphu in Karbi Anglong district of Assam.
India to host 44th ISO COPOLCO Plenary
- India will host the 44th edition of the annual ISO COPOLCO Plenary from 23-26 May 2023, by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- The event to be held in New Delhi will be inaugurated by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal.
- Organized by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the grand event will include interactive sessions and workshops on relevant topics, apart from various activities aimed at enhancing consumer engagement in the standardization process.
- It will also feature a distinguished presence of leaders from government and business sectors, as well as an international delegation of eminent global stakeholders.
About ISO COPOLCO
- ISO COPOLCO, known as the Committee on Consumer Policy, is a vital committee under the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) responsible for advocating consumer interests in the standardization process and ensuring that standards are developed with consumers ‘needs in mind.
- It is responsible for advocating consumer interests in the standardization process and ensuring that standards are developed with consumers ‘needs in mind.
- It provides a forum for the exchange of information and experience on consumer involvement in ISO’s international standardization work.
PM Modi conferred with highest civilian honours by Fiji, Papua New Guinea
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the highest honours by Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
- PM Modi was honored with the island nation’s highest civilian award during his visit to Papua New Guinea to attend the 3rd India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) summit.
- PM Modi was awarded “The Companion of the Order of Fiji” by his Fijian counterpart Sitweni Rabuka for his global leadership, a rare honor for a non-Fijian.
- Papua New Guinea conferred its highest civilian honour, Grand Companion of the Order of Loghu (GCL) on PM Modi for his efforts towards unity of the Pacific Island nation.
Smriti Irani inaugurates women labourers convention in Kerala
- Union Women and Child Development Minister, Smriti Irani has inaugurated the women laborer’s convention organized by the Kerala unit of BMS in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Around 3,000 women workers and laborers are expected to take part in the convention.
- The trade union informed that 2,000 seminars would be held across the country and out of those 200 would be held in Kerala.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Maharashtra becomes the first state in the country to approve Good Governance Regulations
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has approved the first Good Governance Regulations of the country.
- Objective – To make the State administration more accountable, accessible, dynamic, and transparent.
- The good governance manual will provide end-to-end online services to the citizens within stipulated time frames by expanding the scope of the ‘Aaple Sarkar Seva Kendra’ and citizens’ grievances will be redressed at a faster speed.
- A separate cell will be set up to address the effects of climate change.
- The rules also include expanding the scope of ‘Aaple Sarkar Seva Kendra’ for end-to-end online services to citizens within the prescribed time limit.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Banking and Financial
RBI approved Rs 87,416 crore dividend payout to Centre for FY23
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved Rs 87,416 crore dividend payout to the central government for 2022-23, nearly triple of what it paid in the previous year.
- The dividend payout was Rs 30,307 crore for the accounting year 2021-22.
- The decision was taken at the 602nd meeting of the Central Board of Directors of RBI held under the chairmanship of Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- The board approved the transfer of Rs 87,416 crore as surplus to the central government for accounting year 2022-23, while deciding to keep the Contingency Risk Buffer at 6 percent.
- The board also reviewed the global and domestic economic situation and associated challenges, including the impact of current global geopolitical developments.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Chandigarh bags first rank in National Water Award 2022
- Chandigarh has received the first rank in the best Urban Local Body category of the National Water Award 2022.
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation declared the 4th National Water Award in 2022.
- The Ground Water Augmentation Awards and National Water Awards were launched in 2007 to encourage all stakeholders for adopting innovative practices of groundwater augmentation through rainwater harvesting.
- France’s highest civilian award Knight of the Legion of Honour – Tata Chairman N Chandrasekaran
- Sagar Shreshtha Sammaan Award 2023 – Cochin Port
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Astronomical Society of India (ASI) – Jayant Narlikar
- Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award – Yogi Adityanath
- UNESCO World Press Freedom Prize 2023 – Niloufar Hamedi, Elaheh Mohammadi, & Narges Mohammadi
- BAFTA fellowship -UK-based Indian-origin Meera Syal
India & Saudi Arabia to conduct Naval Exercise AL MOHED AL HINDI 2023
- INS TARKASH and INS SUBHADRA have arrived in Saudi Arabia to participate in the AL MOHED AL HINDI 2023 naval exercise.
- The exercise will involve the participation of naval forces from both countries and focus on joint operations and training.
- The inaugural edition of the exercise was successfully conducted in 2021.
- The exercise encompasses a series of exercises conducted on land and at sea by the two friendly navies.
- Accompanying INS TARKASH is the INS SUBHADRA, a patrol vessel of the Sukanya class. This vessel has served as a test bed for the Dhanush ship-launched ballistic missile, as well as associated stabilization and launch platforms.
- Exercise Jal Rahat between Indian Army’s Gajraj and Joint Flood Relief – Hagrama Bridge (Manas River), Assam.
- 4th Samudra Shakti-23 exercise between India & Indonesia – Batam, Indonesia
- 1st Maritime Exercise between India & ASEAN – Changi Naval Base (Singapore) & South China Sea.
- 7th Ajeya Warrior 2023 between India & UK – Salisbury Plains, UK
- “Locked Shields” cyber-defense exercise 2023 organized by NATO in Tallinn, Estonia
- Ex INIOCHOS-23 between Indian Air Force & Hellenic Air Force (Greece) – Andravida Air Base, Greece
Daniil Medvedev wins maiden clay court title at Italian Open 2023
- In the Italian Open final, world number three tennis star Daniil Medvedev defeated Holger Roon to win his first claycourt title.
- In the men’s singles final, the Russian player defeated the 20-year-old Danish player 7-5, 7-5.
- This is Medvedev’s fifth title of 2023 and the win has lifted him above Novak Djokovic to the second spot in the world rankings.
- Overall, he captured 20 career titles. He will also be the second seed at the French Open, which starts at Roland Garros on 28th of this month.
- Hugo Nieves and Jan Zielinski have captured the men’s doubles title in Rome. The Monegasque-Polish pair won their first ATP Masters 1000 title by defeating Robin Haase and Bottic van de Zandschulp 7-5, 6-1 in the men’s doubles final.
- The Australian-Belgian pair of Storm Hunter and Elise Mertens defeated top-seeded Americans Coco Gauff and Jessica Pegula 6-4 6-4 to become the women’s doubles champions.
China claims record 13th Sudirman Cup title
- China has claimed a record 13th Sudirman Cup title defeating South Korea 3-0 at Suzhou.
- Chen Yufei defeated World Number two An Se Young 21-16,22-20, in the women’s singles to seal the victory.
- In the men’s singles, Korea’s Lee Yun Gyu was easily outmatched by Shi Yuqi.
- The tournament is one of badminton’s most important because performances will count towards qualification for the 2024 Paris Olympics.
BCCI announces Adidas as Team India’s kit sponsor
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced that the Indian national cricket team had secured a new kit sponsorship deal with the renowned German sportswear powerhouse,
- Following the termination of the three-year agreement between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and global sportswear giant Nike in 2020, a new era commenced with the signing of a partnership between the BCCI and MPL Sports, the sports merchandise brand of Mobile Premier League.
- This partnership aims at facilitating access to high-quality Indian cricket fan merchandise, including the coveted Indian cricket team jersey for cricket fans not just in the country but globally.
- India will be hosting the ICC Cricket World Cup this year from October-November.
22 May – International Day for Biological Diversity
- International Day for Biological Diversity is observed every year on 22 May.
- Objective – To raise awareness and understanding of biodiversity issues with the urgent need for its conservation.
- Theme 2023 – From Agreement to Action: Building Back Biodiversity
- The day provides an opportunity to educate people worldwide about the importance of biodiversity.
- It highlights the value of diverse ecosystems, species, and genetic resources for the well-being of humanity and the planet.
- The day falls within the scope of the UN Post-2015 Development Agenda’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- The United Nations designated 22 May as the International Day for Biodiversity (IDB) to promote understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
23 May – World Turtle Day
- World Turtle Day is observed annually on May 23.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the need to protect turtles and tortoises and their nesting sites around the world.
- The day also urges citizens, law enforcement agencies, policy members and governments to stop the illegal turtle trade.
- The celebration of World Turtle Day was initiated by the non-profit American Tortoise Rescue organization in the year 2000.
- The organization was founded in Malibu, California in 1990 by Susan Tellem and Marshall Thompson.
23 May – International Day to End Obstetric Fistula
- International Day to End Obstetric Fistula is observed every year on May 23.
- Objective – To raise awareness about this preventable and treatable condition and to mobilize support for affected women.
- The day provides an opportunity to advocate for increased investment in maternal healthcare, access to quality obstetric care, and the eradication of obstetric fistula.
- It is an international holiday for gathering support and spreading awareness about obstetric fistula, a childbirth-related injury that majorly affects women in poor economic regions.
- The International Day to End Obstetric Fistula was first observed on May 23rd, 2013.
- It was designated by the United Nations General Assembly to raise awareness about obstetric fistula and to promote actions towards its prevention, treatment, and eventual elimination.
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|