Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 24th and 25th June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Narendra Tomar launches PM Kisan Mobile App with Face Authentication
- The PM-Kisan Mobile App with Face Authentication Feature was launched by Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Through this App, remote farmers can do e-KYC by scanning their faces without OTP or fingerprint.
- PM-Kisan is an innovative scheme whose benefits are being given by the central government to the farmers without any middlemen.
- PM-Kisan is a very comprehensive and ambitious scheme of the Central Government and due to the support of States, the Centre is in a position to pay the installment to about 8.5 crore farmers after the completion of their KYC.
- PM Kisan is one of the world’s largest DBT schemes in which farmers get six thousand rupees directly transferred through Aadhaar-linked bank accounts in three installments in a year. Two lakh 42 thousand crore rupees have been transferred to the accounts of more than 11 crore farmers till date.
Narendra Singh Tomar in News
- Narendra Tomar launches PM Kisan Mobile App with Face Authentication
- Narendra Singh Tomar launches Biological Control Lab in Hyderabad
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates Summit on Farm Machinery Technology
- Narendra Singh Tomar launched the first of its kind ‘Millets Experience Centre (MEC)’ at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
- Narendra Singh Tomar introduced a new platform called ‘DigiClaim’ on the national crop insurance portal.
Odisha cabinet approves Rs 1,000 cr for transforming Puri
- The Odisha cabinet approved an additional outlay of over Rs 1,000 crore for the ABADHA Yojana.
- In 2019, the Odisha government allocated Rs 3208 crore under the Augmentation of Basic Amenities and Development of Heritage and Architecture (ABADHA) scheme in three years to transform Puri into a world heritage city.
- Now, the State government decided to raise the amount to Rs 4224.22 crore.
- Similarly, the Odisha cabinet also approved the implementation of the MMSY-Connecting Unconnected Villages in Difficult areas for a period of 2 years i.e. from 2023-24 to 2024-25 with an outlay of Rs 976 crore.
- The Cabinet has approved the execution of projects with a length of 361.34 km approximately targeted to be taken up in 2023-24 & 2024-25.
- The Odisha State Cabinet has also approved a projected outlay of Rs 3354.40 crore for the “Mukhyamantri Sampoorna Pushti Yojana (MSPY)”.
- The yojana is aimed at transforming nutrition outcomes of adolescent girls (15-19 years), pregnant women & lactating mothers, SAM, MAM, and severely underweight children of under 6 years of age across the state over a period of five years commencing from FY 2023-24.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Google Cloud launches anti-money-laundering tool for banks
- Google Cloud has launched Anti Money Laundering AI (AML AI) to help financial institutions detect money laundering more effectively and efficiently.
- The product utilizes machine learning to assist banks and other financial institutions in meeting regulatory requirements for identifying and reporting suspicious activities.
- The tool is designed to aid global financial institutions to detect money laundering more effectively and efficiently.
- The risk score is based on the bank’s data including network behavior, and Know Your Customer (KYC) data.
IndiGo makes historic order for 500 Airbus planes worth USD 50 billion
- India’s largest airline by market share, Indigo has placed an order for 500 Airbus A320 Family aircraft in the largest purchase agreement in aviation history.
- This historic deal is pegged at $50 billion at list prices and the airline will take delivery of these new aircraft between 2030 and 2035.
- The current order comprises a mix of A320 neo, A321 neo, and A321 xlr aircraft
- The engine selection for this order will be done in due course and so will be the exact mix of A320 and A321 aircraft.
- At the moment IndiGo operates over 300 aircraft and has previous orders totaling 480 aircraft which are expected to be delivered by the end of 2030.
- With this additional firm order of 500 aircraft for 2030-2035, IndiGo’s order book has almost 1,000 aircraft yet to be delivered well into the next decade.
- Currently, IndiGo operates flights to 26 international destinations, serving 75 international city pairs.
- With its fleet of over 300 aircraft, the airline is operating well over 1,800 daily flights connecting 78 domestic destinations.
Vitasta Mahotsav celebrated in J&K
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah addresses the Vitasta Mahotsav organized by the Ministry of Culture as the chief guest in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
- The objective of Vitasta Mahotsav is to acquaint the whole country with the great cultural heritage, diversity and uniqueness of Kashmir.
- The festival focuses on the folk beliefs associated with the Vitasta (Jhelum) river.
Global Gender Gap Index 2023: India ranked 127; topped by Iceland
- According to Gender Gap Report 2023, India has been ranked 127 out of 146 countries in Gender Gap Report 2023.
- In 2022, India was on 135.
- The Global Gender Gap Index was established in 2006 and this is its 17th edition. It is published annually by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Iceland has been ranked first as the most gender-equal country in the world for the 14th consecutive year with a score of 91.2%.
- While Norway ranked 2nd, followed by Finland and Sweden.
- Among India’s neighbouring countries, Pakistan is at 142, Bangladesh at 59, China at 107, Nepal at 116, Sri Lanka at 115, and Bhutan at 103.
- Iceland is the only country that has reduced the gender gap by more than 90%.
- Hanke’s Annual Misery Index (HAMI) 2022: India ranked 103rd; Zimbabwe (1st); Switzerland (157th)
- World Press Freedom Index 2023: India ranked 161; topped by Norway
- World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index 2023 – India ranked 38th
- World’s Wealthiest Cities 2023 List – NewYork (Rank 1), Mumbai (21st), Delhi (36th), Kolkata (63rd), Hyderabad (65th)
- World’s Most Criminal Countries Ranking – India ranked 77th; topped by Venezuela
- Stanford University’s annual Al Index report 2023 – India ranked 5th; topped by USA
Banking and Financial
RBI imposes Rs 2.5 crore penalty on Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Axis Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty on three private and public sector lenders.
- The central bank charged Jammu & Kashmir Bank with ₹2.5 crore penalty, while the Bank of Maharashtra faced a fine of ₹1.45 crore. Axis Bank received the least amount of penalty among them to the tune of ₹30 lakh.
- RBI imposed a ₹2.5 crore penalty on J&K Bank for non-compliance with certain directions issued by RBI on ‘Creation of a Central Repository of Large Common Exposures-Across Banks.
- The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1.45 crore on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance with specific directions issued by the RBI.
- Axis Bank has been levied a monetary penalty of Rs 30 lakh by the RBI for non-compliance with certain provisions of the RBI’s directions on Prudential Norms on Income Recognition, Asset Classification, and Provisioning pertaining to Advances – Credit Card Accounts.
About Axis Bank
- Founded – 1993
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Rakesh Makhija
- MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhary
- Tagline – Badhti Ka naam Zindagi
Appointment and Resignation
Ruby Sinha appointed as the President of BRICS CCI WE
- Ruby Sinha has been appointed as the president of BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Women’s Vertical (BRICS CCI WE) for a three-year term.
- Sinha takes over from Shabana Nasim, who has become the Executive Director of BRICS CCI and Chief Patron of BRICS CCI WE.
- An entrepreneur herself, Ruby Sinha is the founder of SheAtWork, a knowledge hub for women entrepreneurs, and Kommune Brand Communications.
- BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry works towards promoting active trade, commerce and entrepreneurship between the BRICS and other friendly nations.
- BRICS CCI is a parent organisation that promotes commerce and industry in the BRICS and other friendly nations. The chamber, founded in 2012, is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organisation. BRICS CCI is a registered body under the Societies Registration ‘Act 1860, Government of India and empanelled with Niti Aayog.
- The Women Vertical of BRICS CCI has been created with a prime focus on women empowerment initiatives and policies across geographies.
- The objective of the women’s wing is to create an enabling support system for women entrepreneurs and professionals across geographies.
Umesh Kumar appoints as Chief of DERC
- President Droupadi Murmu has appointed former Allahabad high court judge Umesh Kumar as the new chairman of the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC).
- This appointment comes after justice (retired) Rajeev Kumar Shrivastava (Madhya Pradesh high court), who had been proposed for appointment as DERC chairperson by the GNCTD.
- The President of India has appointed him under the sub-section 2 of Section 84 of the Electricity Act, 2003.
- MD & CEO of PTC India Financial Services Ltd (PFS) – Mahendra Lodha
- Chairman of GIFT City – Hasmukh Adhia (replace Sudhir Mankad)
- CEO of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) – Amit Agrawal
- First Muslim woman federal judge in US history – Nusrat Chowdhary
- Chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) – Ravi Sinha (replace Samant Kumar Goel)
Cristiano Ronaldo receives Guinness World Record award
- Portuguese football player, Cristiano Ronaldo has received the Guinness World Record Award certificate to become the first men’s player to make 200 international appearances.
- He celebrated the milestone by scoring the winning goal in the 89th minute as Portugal beat Iceland in European Championship qualifying.
- He received a Guinness World Records certificate before the game.
- The closest to Ronaldo’s tally is Bader Al-Mutawa, who was capped by Kuwait on 196 occasions.
- Olympic Order by IOC – Tedros Ghebreyesus (DG of WHO)
- First Prof. Kothapalli Jayashankar Award – Acharya Gopi
- German Peace Prize 2023 – Salman Rushdie
- 45th European Essay Prize – Arundhati Roy (for ‘Azadi’ Essay)
- ‘Athi Uttam’ by the NABET – GSITI Hyderabad
- Elizabeth Longford Prize 2023 – Ramachandra Guha (for Rebels Against the Raj)
GE Aerospace signs MoU with HAL to produce fighter jet engines
- American firm General Electric has signed an MoU with India’s state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to produce fighter jet engines for the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- The agreement includes the potential joint production of GE Aerospace’s F414 engines in India, and GE Aerospace continues to work with the US government to receive the necessary export authorisation for this.
- Once cleared, HAL will carry out the work at its Engine Division facility in Bengaluru and the co-production will not be through a joint venture.
- The F414 engines will be co-produced in India to power the Indian Air Force’s Light Combat Aircraft Mk2.
- Eight F414 engines have already been delivered as part of an ongoing development program for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mk2.
- ICAR signed MOU with Amazon Kisan to empower farmers
- NHPC signs MoU with Maharashtra for renewable energy projects
- Microsoft, AirJaldi Networks collaborate to provide internet access
- IIT-Kharagpur signed MoU with HCL for collaboration in petroleum engineering
- Microsoft joins hands with Skill Development Ministry to train students, teachers
IIT Kanpur successfully conducts test flight for cloud seeding
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur has successfully conducted a test flight for cloud seeding.
- Cloud seeding involves the utilisation of various chemical agents such as silver iodide, dry ice, common salt, and other elements with the aim of enhancing the probability of rains.
- The project was initiated a few years ago and is headed by the Computer Science and Engineering Department of IIT Kanpur.
- The flight went up to an approximate height of 5,000 feet. It landed on the IIT Kanpur lab airstrip after successfully completing the test ride.
- The experiment was conducted with due approval from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
IITs in News
- YES Bank collaborates with IIT Kanpur to offer support to Incubated Startups
- IIT Madras partnered with DRDO to develop sensor technology for underwater communications
- IIT-Kanpur launched cybersecurity skilling programme
- IIT Guwahati Researchers Develop Time-Bomb Liquid Marbles
- IIT Madras will set up its first international campus in Zanzibar, Tanzania in October 2023.
Madhya Pradesh won13th Ind Junior Men National Championship
- Hockey Madhya Pradesh won the 13th Hockey India Junior Men National Championship 2023 after defeating Hockey Chandigarh in the Final at the iconic Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium.
- Hockey Madhya Pradesh defeated Hockey Chandigarh by 4-2 in the Final.
- Meanwhile, Hockey Haryana defeated Hockey Association of Odisha to finish third in the competition.
- The goalscorers for Hockey Madhya Pradesh were Shreyas Dhupe (17’, 46’), Mohd Konain Dad (25’), and Ali Ahmad (52’). Meanwhile, Sumit (9′) and Surinder Singh (31′) scored for Hockey Chandigarh.
Book and Author
A.K. Bhattacharya wrote a new book titled “Finance Minister of India
- Journalist A.K. Bhattacharya wrote a new book titled “Finance Ministers of India: From Independence to the Emergency (1947-1977)”.
- The book is published by Penguin Business an imprint of Penguin Random House.
- The book is divided into three main parts:
- Nehru and his finance minister
- Finance Minister under Shastri and Indira Gandhi
- Indira Gandhi as her own Finance Minister
- Bhattacharya has previously served as the editor of Pioneer and Business Standard.
- Master Residential Real Estate – Ashwinder Singh
- India Secret War BSF – Ushinor Majumdar
- Through the Broken Glass – T N Seshan
- Beyond Cricket – C D Gopinath
- The Power of One Thought: Master Your Mind – BK Shivani
24 June – International Day of Women in Diplomacy
- International Women’s Day in Diplomacy (IDWID) is observed annually on 24 June.
- It is a day to honor and recognize notable women in the field of diplomacy and decision-making globally.
- Theme 2023 – Breaking Barriers, Shaping the Future: Women in Diplomacy for Sustainable Development
- IDWID was created just last year, at the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), which began on September 14, 2021 and concluded on September 13, 2022. The resolution was adopted by the UNGA on June 20, 2022.
- It recognised that as part of the 2030 SDG target, highlighting women’s contributions in diplomacy, the need for equal participation of women in decision-making was a vital need.
- To this end the UNGA declared June 24 as the International Day of Women in Diplomacy.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|