Daily Current Affairs 26th April 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
6th edition of Advantage Healthcare India 2023
- The sixth edition of Advantage Healthcare India 2023 event has been organized in New Delhi.
- The two-day event aims at showcasing India as the new hub of medical value travel and how it has emerged as a major hub for world-class healthcare and wellness services.
- The event will be jointly organized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- It will showcase the potential for Indian enterprises to export medical and healthcare products to global markets.
- This summit will witness more than 150 exhibitors and foreign delegates from 70 countries.
PM Modi flagged off Kerala’s first Vande Bharat Express
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off Kerala’s first Vande Bharat Express between Thiruvananthapuram and Kasargod at Thiruvananthapuram Central Station.
- Thiruvananthapuram–Kasaragod–Thiruvananthapuram Vande Bharat will connect Southern and Northern Kerala.
- With the commencement of operations Thiruvananthapuram–Kasaragod–Thiruvananthapuram Vande Bharat will become the fastest in the corridor.
- The train will cover 11 districts of Kerala. Vande Bharat train between Thiruvananthapuram and Kasaragodwill cover a distance of approximately588 kms in approximately eight hours.
Vande Bharat Express Train
- 1st Vande Bharat – Delhi to Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
- 2nd Vande Bharat – Delhi to Katra (Jammu Kashmir)
- 3rd Vande Bharat – Gandhinagar (Gujarat) to Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- 4th Vande Bharat – Una (Himachal Pradesh) to New Delhi
- 5th Vande Bharat – Chennai (Tamil Nadu) to Mysore (Karnataka)
- 6th Vande Bharat – Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh) to Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- 7th Vande Bharat – Hawrah (West Bengal) to New Jalpaiguri (West Bengal)
- 8th Vande Bharat – Secunderabad (Telangana) to Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
- 9th Vande Bharat -Mumbai (Maharastra) to Solapur (Maharashtra)
- 10th Vande Bharat -Mumbai (Maharashtra) to Sainagar Shirdi (Maharashtra)
- 11th Vande Bharat – Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) to New Delhi
- 12th Vande Bharat – Secunderabad (Telangana) to Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)
- 13th Vande Bharat – Chennai (Tamil Nadu) to Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- 14th Vande Bharat – Delhi to Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- 15th Vande Bharat –Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) to Kasargod (Kerala)
Bhupender Yadav launches new features in eShram Portal
- Union Minister for Labour & Employment and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav has launched new features in eShram Portal.
- The new features added in eShram portal will enhance the utility of the portal and facilitate ease of registration for unorganized workers.
- The eShram registered workers can now connect with Employment opportunities, Skilling, Apprenticeship, Pension Scheme, Digital Skilling and States’ schemes through eShram portal.
About e-Shram portal
- The Ministry of Labor and Employmenthas developed an eSHRAM portal to create a national database of unorganised workers.
- It was launched in 2021.
- Registered members will be eligible for a range of benefits after signing up for Shramik Yojana and getting the e-Shram Card.
- Its aim is to welfare of workers in the unorganised sector who are not members of the EPFO or ESIC.
- This will allow workers to receive Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) through e-Shramik Unique ID Number.
Ministry of Tourism organizes G20 Tourism Expo in Jaipur
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in association with the Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan, organized G20 Tourism Expo in Jaipur.
- The Ministry of Tourism plans to develop 50 new tourist destinations across India and launch promotions in foreign markets to promote tourism.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has made 51 of the 59 tourist routes recommended under the UDAN scheme operational.
- India to register 6.19 million foreign tourist arrivals in 2022, a growth of 305% as compared to 1.52 million in 2021, despite the challenges posed by the pandemic.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- First G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting – Bengaluru, Karnataka (24 -25 April 2023)
- G-20 Research and Innovation Initiative Gathering Conference – Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh (19-20 April 2023)
- G20 Space Economy Leaders Meet – Shillong, Meghalaya (17-18 April 2023)
- 2nd G20 Health Working Group Meeting – Goa (17 – 19 April 2023)
- G20 MACS Meeting of Agri Chief Scientists – Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (17 – 19 April 2023)
India launches Operation Kaveri to evacuate stranded citizens from Sudan
- India has launched a rescue operation named Operation Kaveri to evacuate its stranded citizens from Sudan.
- The rescue operation is currently underway and around 500 Indians have reached Port Sudan.
- Two C-130s aircraft and the navy ship INS Sumedha is on standby to evacuate Indians.
- Kaveri is one of the major Indian rivers flowing through Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
What is happening in Sudan?
- Sudan has been facing a conflict between the country’s army and a paramilitary group for the last 10 days, which claimed more than 427 lives including at least 273 civilians and over 3,700 have been wounded.
- The warring factions have agreed to a 72-hour ceasefire beginning from today as Western, Arab and Asian nations race to evacuate their nationals from the country.
- Scores of people including Sudanese and people from neighbouring countries have fled the country in the past few days to Egypt, Chad, and South Sudan
- Capital- Khartoum
- Currency- Sudanese pound
- Official languages- Arabic, English
- Continent -Africa
Mongolia refinery to be built by India by 2025
- Mongolia Ambassador to India Dambajav Ganbold has informed that the first oil refinery of Mongolia, which is built and funded with Indian assistance, will be completed by 2025.
- The first stage of the Mongol Oil Refinery will be built with a $1.2 billion Indian soft loan this year.
- The development comes with strategic implications as Mongolia is entirely dependent on Russia for its energy imports.
- It would help Mongolia meet 70% of its demand domestically.
- Capital- Ulaanbaatar
- Currency- Tögrög
- President – Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh
- Prime Minister -Luvsannamsrain Oyun-Erdene
Banking and Financial
IndusInd Bank to launch digital bank ‘Indie’
- IndusInd Bank will launch its digital bank Indie this quarter.
- The bank is also planning to enter the mutual funds, insurance, and broking sector.
- Bank is expecting 8 million clients in the next three years with Rs 50,000 crore of balance sheet.
- The Hindujas-promoted bank is likely to approach SEBI, IRDAI, and other regulators to obtain the necessary licences.
- Founded – 1994
- Founder – S.P. Hinduja
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra,
- MD & CEO – Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline – We Make You Feel Richer
Zimbabwe to Introduce Gold-Backed Digital Currency
- The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe will introduce a gold-backed digital currency as legal tender to help stabilize the local currency.
- The tokens will be a form of electronic money backed by the country’s gold reserves, which will be held by the central bank.
- The RBZ wants people holding Zim dollars to be able to exchange their money for the gold-backed token to help them hedge against the volatility of the local currency.
- A year ago, 1 U.S. dollar was worth about 150 Zim dollars, and it’s now worth closer 1,000 Zim dollars.
- Capital – Harare
- Currency – Dollar
- President – Emmerson Mnangagwa
SBI inaugurates its fourth startup-focused branch in Mumbai
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has inaugurated its fourth startup-focused branch in Mumbai to provide all the necessary banking services under one roof.
- SBI chairman Dinesh Khara inaugurated the branch at the Bandra Kurla Complex.
- The new branch will provide startups with access to a wide range of banking services, loans, credit facilities, and digital banking solutions.
- The branch is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and services specifically designed to meet the needs of startups and small businesses.
- The startup-focused branch in Mumbai has already entered into an MoU with the Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE) at IIT-Bombay, Centre for Incubation and Business Acceleration (CIBA), and SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR).
- The branch is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and services specifically designed to meet the needs of startups and small businesses.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Appointment and Resignation
Oliver Dowden elected as UK’s new deputy prime minister
- Oliver Dowden has been elected as the new deputy prime minister of the United Kingdom.
- Dowden’s appointment came after the resignation of former Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab.
- Before this role, he had been serving as the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Cabinet Office secretary, under the present UK government.
- He will continue in the roles alongside his new responsibilities. While Alex Chalk becomes the 10th justice secretary in 10 years.
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Rishi Sunak
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- President of Cuba – Miguel Diaz-Canel (2nd term)
- Vice-President of UAE – Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- 3rd Vice President of Nepal – Ram Sahaya Prasad Yadav
- President of Nepal – Ram Chandra Paudel
- Prime Minister of Nepal – Pushpa Kamal Dahal
- Prime Minister of Kuwait – Sheikh Ahmad Nawaf al-Sabah
Anant Maheshwari Appointed Nasscom Chairperson For 2023-24
- IT Industry body Nasscom named Anant Maheshwari, President of Microsoft India, as its chairperson for 2023-24.
- Maheshwari takes over the reins from Krishnan Ramanujam, President – Business and Technology Services at Tata Consultancy Services, who served as Chairperson for the year 2022-23
- The apex association for software and IT services industry also announced the appointment of Rajesh Nambiar, chairman and managing director of Cognizant India Ltd., as its vice chairperson for 2023-24.
About National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)
- Founded – 1988
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Anant Maheshwari
- President – Debjani Ghosh
- Chairman of MMA-1 Federation – Mahavir Phogat
- Senior Vice President at Zypp – Gajendra Arya
- CMD of BEML Limited – Shantanu Roy
- Chairman of the National Technical Research Organization (NTRO) – Arun Sinha
- CEO & MD of Tata Electronics – Randhir Thakur
- MD & CEO of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – K Krithivasan
Sharjah stadium stand named after Sachin Tendulkar
- The West Stand at the Sharjah cricket stadium has been renamed after Indian former cricketer, Sachin Tendulkar in a special ceremony in the UAE, honouring the Indian cricket legend on his 50th birthday.
- Sharjah Cricket Stadium holds the Guinness record for most One-Day internationals played (244).
- The gate at the Sydney Cricket Ground was also named after Sachin Tendulkar on his 50th birthday.
- CEO of Sharjah Stadium – Khalaf Bukhatir
25 April – World English Day
- World English Day is observed every year on 25 April to honor the language that has become the most commonly spoken in the world.
- The English language is one of the most popular languages used across the world.
- Theme 2023 – English as a Global Language
- The day prospects the development, history, culture, and achievements associated with the language.
- English is the most widely spoken language or a “world language”. Therefore, it is known as the lingua franca of the modern era. Along with French, English is also the working language of the United Nations (UN).
- English Language Day is the result of a 2010 initiative by the Department of Global Communications. It established language days for each of the Organisation’s six official languages.
- Under the initiative, the duty stations of the UN celebrate six separate days and each day is dedicated to one of the Organisation’s six official languages across the world.
- The language days are as follows:
Arabic (18 December)
Chinese (20 April)
English (23 April)
French (20 March)
Russian (6 June)
Spanish (23 April)
26 April – World Intellectual Property Day
- World Intellectual Property Day is celebrated every year on April 26.
- The aim is to promote the importance of intellectual property (IP) rights and its role in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- Theme 2023 – Accelerating Innovation and Creativity: Women and IP
- The day was first established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000.
- The purpose of this day is to promote creativity and innovation by highlighting the critical role of intellectual property rights in protecting the rights of innovators, inventors, and creators.
Former Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal passed away
- Former Punjab chief minister and Shiromani Akali Dal patriarch Parkash Singh Badal passed away at the age of 95.
- Parkash Singh Badal was the youngest Chief Minister to ever hold office in the state of Punjab. He was 43.
- Badal served as the Chief Minister of Punjab five times. He was the chief minister from 1970-1971, from 1977-1980, from 1997-2002, and from 2007-2017 (two consecutive terms).
- Under his leadership, the state assembly passed the controversial Punjab Sutlej Yamuna Link Canal (Transfer of Proprietary Rights) Bill, 2016.
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|