Daily Current Affairs 26th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Railways plans to modernize 1,000 small stations under Amrit Bharat Station Scheme
- The railways is planning to modernize 1,000 small yet important stations under the new “Amrit Bharat Station Scheme”.
- This is apart from the ambitious plan to revamp 200 big stations under a separate redevelopment programme.
- The aim is to identify developing cities with potential and envisage railway stations as city centres that would link not just various parts of the city but also between different cities in the future. The plan is to map everything connected to it — bridges and different modes of transport.
- Khurda station in Odisha has been modernized for Rs 4 crore with all contemporary amenities for passengers. The main structure was renovated, the facade was redone and the number of railway tracks was also increased.
PM Modi participated in the historic programme marking ‘Veer Bal Diwas’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has participated in a historic programme marking ‘Veer Bal Diwas’ at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Delhi.
- On the day of the Prakash Purab of Sri Guru Gobind Singh on 9th January 2022, Prime Minister had announced that 26th December will be observed as ‘Veer Bal Diwas to mark the martyrdom of Sri Guru Gobind Singh’s sons Sahibzadas Baba Zorawar Singh and Baba Fateh Singh.
- Prime Minister also attended a ‘Shabad Kirtan’ performed by Baal Kirtanis.
- They were brutally murdered by Wazir Khan the Mughal Governor of Sirhind on this day in 1705.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi addressed 75th Amrut Mahotsav of Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Rajkot Sansthan
- PM Modi inaugurated projects worth Rs 6,800 crore in Tripura, Meghalaya
- PM Modi launched projects worth Rs 75,000 cr in Maharashtra
- PM Modi inaugurated the first phase of the international airport at Mopa in north Goa.
- PM Modi flagged off 6th Vande Bharat train in Nagpur, Maharashtra
Piyush Goel launched right to repair portal for consumers
- Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal has launched a host of new initiatives including the Right to Repair portal in New Delhi.
- On the ‘right to repair’ portal, manufacturers will share the manual of product details with customers so that they can either repair by self, by third parties, rather than depend on original manufacturers.
- Initially, mobile phones, electronic, consumer durables, automobile, and farming equipment will be covered.
- In July 2022, the Department of Consumer Affairs had set up a committee headed by the Additional Secretary Nidhi Khare to develop a comprehensive framework on the ‘Right to Repair’.
Piyush Goel in News
- Piyush Goyal co-chairs India-US CEO Forum
- Piyush Goyal inaugurated 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi
- Piyush Goyal addressed 21st World Congress of Accountants
- Piyush Goyal addressed Millets-Smart Nutritive Food summit in New Delhi.
Petroleum Ministry organized musical event ‘Dance to Decarbonise’
- The Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry has organized a one of its kind musical event ‘Dance to Decarbonise’ National Stadium in New Delhi.
- As per the ministry, the renewable energy generated through dance will be used to charge electric vehicles.
- The event aims at showcasing India’s target of achieving net-zero emissions by 2070.
Jitendra Singh launched revamped probity portal ‘e-HRM 2.0
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh has launched the revamped Probity Portal, e-HRMS 2.0 Portal and e-Books on major initiatives and achievements of his Ministry in New Delhi.
- The revamped e-HRMS 2.0 Portal will provide services in a digital mode to the employees including Transfers, Deputation, APAR, Vigilance Status, Deputation Opportunities, Service Book and other basic HR Services like Leave, Tour, and Reimbursements.
- The Minister has also launched the Mobile Application of iGoTKarmayogi Portal by Karmayogi Bharat to create professional, well-trained, and future-ready civil service for India.
- The iGOTKarmayogi platform is envisaged as a democratized, competency-driven solution space that all of the government can access to enhance their execution capabilities.
- Revamped Probity Portal for Government Employees will demand the right attitude towards public service with ‘integrity’ and ‘probity’.
- The Revamped Probity Portal was launched for central government employees in 2017.
- It provided limited HR-related services to the employees.
Recent Inauguration by Jitendra Singh
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated a conference on women’s leadership
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated ‘Prashasan Gaon ki Ore’ campaign
IIT Kanpur developed an artificial heart
- IIT Kanpur is ready with an artificial heart that would be of great help to people with acute cardiac problems.
- Trial on animals will start from February or March. After success in the trial, transplantation can be done in humans in the next two years.
- An artificial heart is being developed to reduce the suffering of the patients. A team of 10 scientists and doctors has prepared this artificial heart. After the success of the trial on animals, heart transplantation in humans will begin within two years.”
- India imports 80 percent of equipment and implants from abroad. Only 20 percent of the equipment and implants are being manufactured in India. Most of the implants and stents for heart patients are being imported.
Former Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen sentenced to 11 years
- Former Maldives President Abdulla Yameen has been sentenced to 11 years in prison after being found guilty of money laundering and bribery.
- Yameen was accused of abusing his position and taking one million US Dollar from a private company to facilitate the sale of Aarah for resort development.
- Yameen, who lost power in 2018, was sentenced to five years in jail and fined 5 million dollars in 2019 for embezzlement in state funds.
- Capital – Male
- Currency – Rufiya
- President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Banking and Financial
RBI’s revised bank locker rules to come into effect from 1 January
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has mandated banks in the country to renew their locker agreements with existing locker customers by 1 January.
- All the existing locker depositors are required to furnish proof of eligibility for a renewed locker arrangement. They are required to sign a renewal agreement before the specified date.
- RBI advises the banks to install CCTV cameras at entry and exit points of the strong room and the common areas of operation.
- It mandates preserving its recording for a period of not less than 180 days.
- According to the guidelines, if any customer has complained to the bank that his or her locker is opened without knowledge and authority, or any theft or security breach is noticed, the bank shall preserve the CCTV recording till the police investigation is completed and the dispute is settled.
- Depositors can now get up to 100 times the bank charges if the valuables stored in the vaults are ransacked or lost due to fire or building collapse.
- However, the bank shall not be liable for any damage or loss of contents of the locker originating from natural calamities or ‘Acts of God’.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Shamsher Singh appointed as MD and CEO of SBI Funds
- Shamsher Singh has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SBI Funds Management Limited (SBIFML).
- Shamsher Singh, Deputy Managing Director of State Bank of India takes over as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of SBI Funds Management Limited from Vinay M Tonse consequent to his repatriation to State Bank of India.
- He joined the State Bank of India as Probationary Officer in June 1990 and moved up the ranks to become Deputy Managing Director by successfully managing leadership roles across domains besides serving international stints in the US, Bahrain, and U.A.E.
- He has more than 32 years of rich experience working with SBI in various verticals, including investment banking, treasury, corporate banking, and branch banking.
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- First VP & COO of Federal Reserve Bank of New York – Sushmita Shukla
- Director on RBI’s central board – Vivek Joshi
- Chairman of Punjab National Bank (PNB) – AK Goel (reappointment)
- Chairman of SBI – Dinesh Khara (reappointment)
- MD & CEO of Bank of Maharashtra – A S Rajeev (reappointment)
- Deputy Chairman of Mashreq Bank – Madhav Nair (reappointment)
Pushpa Kamal Dahal appointed as the Prime Minister of Nepal
- CPN-Maoist Centre chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Nepal for the third time.
- President Bidya Devi Bhandari appointed Prachanda as the prime minister under Article 76 (2) of the constitution.
- He succeeded Sher Bahadur Deuba.
- Prachanda has support of 165 lawmakers in the 275-member House of Representatives which includes CPN-UML with 78, CPN-MC with 32, RSP with 20, RPP with 14, JSP with 12, Janamat with 6 and Nagarik Unmukti Party with 3.
- Nepal shares a border of over 1,850 km with five Indian states – Sikkim, West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.
- Land-locked Nepal relies heavily on India for the transportation of goods and services. Nepal’s access to the sea is through India, and it imports a predominant proportion of its requirements from and through India.
- Capital- Kathmandu
- Currency- Nepalese rupee
- President– Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Prime minister– Sher Bahadur Deuba
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Prime Minister of Ireland – Indian-origin Leo Varadkar (2nd term)
- First female President of Peru – Dina Boluarte
- Prime Minister of Malaysia – Anwar Ibrahim
- President of Kazakhstan – Kassym-Jomart Tokayev (2nd term)
- First female president of Slovenia – Natasa Pirc Musar
- New Prime Minister of Israel – Benjamin Netanyahu
- President of Brazil – Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
- Prime Minister of Sweden – Ulf Kristersson
- President of Iraq – Abdul Latif Rashid
- PM of United Kingdom – Rishi Sunak
P N Vasudevan reappointed as MD & CEO of Equitas Small Finance Bank
- N. Vasudevan has been reappointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Vasudevan’s current term as MD & CEO expires on 22 July 2023, and the board of Equitas Small Finance Bank has decided to renew his term for a further period of 3 years with effect from July 23.
- He is the founder of Equitas and has been associated with its journey as a microfinance institution since 2007.
- It was converted into a bank in 2016.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Founded- 1993
- Headquarters- Chennai
- MD & CEO – P.N. Vasudevan
- Tagline – It’s fun banking
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- Additional and Independent Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank – C S Rajan
- MD and CEO of ICICI bank – Sandeep Bakhshi (reappointment)
- Interim CEO of Paytm Payments Bank – Deependra Singh Rathore
- Chairman of Yubi – Atanu Chakraborty
- Whole-time member at SEBI – Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
India & Japan to conduct 1st bilateral air combat exercise in Jan 2023
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) will conduct their first Air exercise “Veer Guardian 23” from January 16 to 26 at Hyakuri air base and Iruma air base in Japan.
- The exercise aims to promote mutual understanding and strengthen defence cooperation between the air forces.
- IAF will be fielding its Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKI aircraft drawn from a squadron under the Western Air Command. The IAF 150 crew will be flying in IAF’s C-17 transport aircraft. The fighter jets on their journey from India to Japan will be re-fuelled mid-air using the IL-78 planes of the IAF.
- Japan will field its F-2 jets which are derivatives of the F-16 plane of the US. It will also field the F-15, like the ones used by the US too.
- The exercise will at Hyakuri Air Base northwest of Tokyo.
- 16th edition of India & Nepal Joint Training Excercise Surya Kiran begins in Saljhandi, Nepal
- India & Kazakhstan joint military exercise KAZIND 2022 begins in Umroi, Meghalaya
- 7th edition of US-India Naval Exercise Sangam held in Goa
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise ‘Samanvay 2022’ has been conducted at Air Force Station, Agra.
- A joint military exercise between India-Malaysia “Harimau Shakti-2022” has been started at Pulai Klang in Malaysia
Indian Navy launched indigenously-built ship ‘Arnala’ in Chennai
- The Indian Navy launched the indigenously-built ship INS Arnala at the shipbuilding facility of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) in Chennai’s Kattupalli.
- The ship was built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE).
- Arnala is the first of the 8 anti-submarine warfare shallow watercraft (ASW-SWC).
- The vessel made its first contact with the water of the Bay of Bengal during a recently-held launch ceremony in Chennai. The launch ceremony is one of the four important ceremonial occasions associated with a ship’s life. The other three are keel laying, commissioning, and decommissioning.
- The ship has been named ‘Arnala’ to signify the strategic maritime importance accorded to the island of Arnala.
- The ‘Arnala’ class ships are being built to replace the Indian Navy’s ‘Abhay’ class ASW ships.
Arunachal’s Geto Sora won Junior International Badminton Championship
- Arunachal Pradesh’s 7-year-old Geto Sora has won the Top Arena Junior International Badminton Championship title in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- He won the championship title after beating Malaysia’s second seed Jaryl Teh in straight sets 21-5, 21-16.
- This is Sora’s second international badminton title in two months.
- In November, the 7-year-old Sora won the multinational BTY-Yonex-Singha Championship, which was held at the Banthongyord Badminton School in Bangkok, Thailand.
25 December – Good Governance Day
- Good Governance Day is observed every year on 25 December.
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The purpose of the day is to inform citizens about the government’s responsibilities and duties. Good Governance Day is observed to promote the welfare and advancement of the people.
- In 2014, the government announced that the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee would be marked as Good Governance Day. Since then, the day has been celebrated throughout the country.
- This year, the government is also marking Good Governance Week from December 19 to 25. They have also launched a five-day “Prashasan Gaon Ki Ore” campaign.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|