Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 26th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
UK & Tamil Nadu partners on smart tech sustainable resource management
- The UK and Tamil Nadu are collaborating on a smart tech project aimed at sustainable water, waste, and resource management.
- Anne-Marie Trevelyan, the UK’s Minister of State in the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), inaugurated the smart technology initiative alongside Palanivel Thiaga Rajan, Tamil Nadu’s Information Technology Minister.
- The project, named ‘Smart District Administration using IoT Technologies for Better Quality of Life,’ was chosen as part of the Frontier Technology Livestreaming (FTL) program.
- The UK-supported ‘Smart District’ project has a goal of tackling global sustainability challenges by deploying sensors throughout the district.
- These sensors collect real-time data on water and waste management, as well as environmental quality. By analyzing data patterns, the sensors will promote well-informed decision-making for more efficient resource allocation.
- This project is India’s only representation among the 58 pilots conducted across 32 countries since 2016.
Recent MoUs signed by State Government
- Ashok Leyland signs MoU with UP Govt to set up integrated e-bus plant
- Odisha Govt signs MoU with six public sector banks to provide banking
- Maharashtra signs MoU with Germany’s professional association football
- The Jharkhand govt signed MoU with TCPL Green Energy Solutions Private Ltd. to set up the country’s “first” hydrogen fuel project in Jamshedpur.
- ISB signed MoU with Goa government for knowledge partnership
Rajasthan govt launched ‘iStart Talent Connect Portal’
- The Rajasthan government has launched the ‘iStart Talent Connect Portal’ at Jaipur’s Techno Hub to boost employment opportunities in the state.
- The platform has launched in collaboration with Jaipur-based startup Hyrefox.
- Objective – To serve as a user-friendly platform for both job providers and job seekers.
- The platform not only allows companies to discover potential talent but also lets them post job openings and connect with their future employees.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Cabinet approves pact between India & Japan on Semiconductor Supply Chain
- The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan on developing a semiconductor supply chain partnership focusing on research and development (R&D), manufacturing, design, and talent development for the industry.
- The memorandum of cooperation between the two countries was signed in July.
- Japan has become the second Quad partner after the US to sign an agreement with India for the joint development of the semiconductor ecosystem and maintain the resilience of its global supply chain.
- The MoC intends to strengthen cooperation between India and Japan towards enhancement of semiconductor supply chain, recognizing the importance of semiconductor for the advancement of industries and digital technologies.
- The MoC will come into effect from the date of signature of the parties and remain in force for a period of five years.
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- India and Tanzania agree on 5-year roadmap for defence cooperation
- India & Saudi Arabia tie up for electrical interconnections, green hydrogen
- India and Argentina signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA).
- US & Vietnam sign deal on semiconductor supply chains
- India and Armenia sign MoU in the field of sharing successful Digital Solutions
Sri Lanka announces free visas for Indians to boost tourism
- Sri Lanka waived the visa fees for Indians and tourists from six other countries, as part of its efforts to boost tourist arrivals and help rebuild the island nation’s battered economy following last year’s financial crash.
- India has remained Sri Lanka’s top source market for many years. This year, over 2 lakh Indian tourists — constituting 20 percent of the total tourist arrivals — have visited the island nation until September.
- As part of its decisions, the Cabinet announced the implementation of a pilot project to issue free tourist visas to tourists from China, India, Russia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Japan until March 31, 2024.
- Sri Lanka’s tourism sector is struggling to bounce back after three major setbacks in the last few years — the Easter Sunday terror attacks in 2019, the Covid pandemic in 2020 and 2021, and the unprecedented economic crisis in 2022.
- Until now, Indian tourists were charged $20 with their visa application online. The decision to issue free tourist visas is likely to boost tourist arrivals including from India.
About Sri Lanka
- Legislative capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Executive and Judicial capital – Colombo
- Currency – Sri Lankan rupee
- President – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Prime Minister – Dinesh Gunawardena
Chetan Bhagat appointed Brand Ambassador for Henry Harvin Edu
- Henry Harvin Education, an ed-tech platform specializing in upskilling and reskilling programmes for young professionals, has onboarded Chetan Bhagat as its brand ambassador.
- Backed by this alliance, Henry Harvin Education is poised for a voyage of further innovation and transformative growth, solidifying its position as a trailblazing influence in the global education sector.
- This partnership represents a shared vision and commitment to empowering the youth of India.
- Henry Harvin Education claims to have a portfolio of more than 800 upskilling and reskilling training programmes spanning more than 27 categories.
- It further claims to have trained more than 4,60,000 people and offers more than 7,000 classes per month.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Lay’s
- Mohammed Shami – Sports brand Puma
- Neeraj Chopra – Laureus Ambassador
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Reliance Retail’s Jio Mart
- Katrina Kaif – Uniqlo India
- Hrithik Roshan – Exxon Mobilil
Sadhna Nair first woman in the country to become DG of MHS
- Air Marshal Sadhna Saxena Nair took charge as the Director of General Hospital Services (Armed Forces), becoming the first women officer to hold the prestigious post.
- After the promotional transfer of Sadhna Nair, she became the second woman officer to attain the rank of Air Marshal.
- Before Sadhna, this achievement was achieved by Air Marshal Padma Bandopadhyay. Padma was appointed to the rank of Air Marshal in the year 2002.
- Air Marshal Sadhna trained abroad in CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) warfare and in Military Medical Ethics.
- Director of General Hospital Services (Armed Forces) – Air Marshal Sadhna Saxena Nair
- SVP & MD for HP India – Ipsita Dasgupta
- CMD of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) – Sanjay Kumar Jain (replace Mahendra Pratap Maal)
- CMD of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO) – Sanjay Kulshreshtha
Rajkummar Rao appointed Election Commission’s national icon
- The Election Commission has appointed actor Rajkummar Rao as its national icon ahead of assembly elections in five states.
- National icons are appointed to motivate voters to participate in elections.
- More than 161 million people in five states across India will vote in assembly elections next month, the Election Commission of India announced earlier this month.
About Election Commissioner of India (ECI)
- It is a constitutional body to conduct and regulate elections in the country.
- It consists of a chief election commissioner (CEC) and two election commissioners (usually retired IAS or IRS officers)
- Founded – 25 January 1950
- 25 January – Voter’s Day
- HQ – New Delhi
- 1st Chief – Sukumar Sen
- 1st Women Chief – V.S. Ramadevi
- 25th Chief – Rajiv Kumar
- Commissioner – Anup Chandra Pandey & Arun Goel
- Tenure – 6/65 yrs
Science & Technology
Skyroot Aerospace unveils Vikram-1 rocket
- Space start-up Skyroot Aerospace has unveiled its indigenously built Vikram-1 rocket in Hyderabad which is expected to deliver satellites to low earth orbit early 2024.
- Skyroot’s Vikram-1 is described as a “technologically advanced, multi-stage launch vehicle with a payload capacity of approximately 300 Kg to Low Earth Orbit.
- It is an all-carbon-fiber-bodied rocket equipped with 3D-printed liquid engines.
- Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh also inaugurated ‘The MAX-Q Campus’, the new headquarters of the start-up at the GMR Aerospace and Industrial Park at Mamidipally in South Hyderabad.
Shailesh Kumar wins Gold in Men’s High Jump at Asian Para Games 2022
- Shailesh Kumar has won the gold medal in the Men’s High Jump T63 event at the Asian Para Games 2022.
- The Asian Para Games 2022 is being held in Hangzhou, China.
- Shailesh Kumar leaped a distance of 1.82m and in the process broke the Games record.
Pranav Soorma won gold at the Asian Para Games 2022 in club throw
- India swept all three medals in the men’s club throw F51 event with Pranav Soorma winning the gold on the opening day of the athletics competition at the Hangzhou Asian Para Games 2022.
- The 29-year-old Soorma broke the Asian Para Games record with an effort of 30.01m to clinch the gold while Dharambir (28.76m) and Amit Kumar (26.93m) were second and third respectively.
- There were only four competitors in the event with Saudi Arabia’s Radhi Ali Alharthi finishing last with a throw of 23.77m.
- He won a silver medal at the 2019 Beijing World Para Athletics Grand Prix event.
- The F51 club throw event is for athletes who have movement affected to a high degree in the trunk, legs, and hands. All the competitors compete while seated and rely on their shoulders and arm to generate power.
- Soorma suffered a spinal cord injury after an accident when he was 16-years-old and that left him paralyzed.
Nishad Kumar bags Gold in Men’s High Jump event
- Nishad Kumar bagged a gold medal for India with a new Asian Games record in the Men’s High Jump T47 at the 4th Asian Para Games 2022.
- Nishad took the gold with a jump of 2.02m. China’s Hongjie Chen settled for silver (1.94m). India’s Ram Pal too won silver as he registered 1.94m in his fifth attempt.
- Meanwhile, Indian para-athlete Monu Ghangas secured a bronze medal in the Men’s Shot Put-F-11 final.
- Monu secured a podium finish with his season-best throw of 12.33m which came in his fourth attempt.
India’s Unnati Hooda wins Abu Dhabi Masters 2023
- India’s Unnati Hooda beat Samiya Imad Farooqui in the final of the Abu Dhabi Masters 2023 women’s singles event in the United Arab Emirates.
- The 16-year-old Unnati Hooda took 40 minutes to defeat the 20-year-old Samiya Imad Farooqui 21-16, 22-20 on the badminton courts of the ADNEC Marina Hall in the UAE capital.
- Both players are currently outside the top 100 in the badminton rankings.
- This was Unnati Hooda’s second BWF Super 100 World Tour title. Last year, Unnati Hooda became the youngest Indian to win a BWF tournament at the Odisha Open, where she beat Samiya Imad Farooqui in the quarter-finals.
24-30 October – UN Disarmament Week
- UN Disarmament Week is celebrated every year on October 24 to 30.
- It is an annual event organized by the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA).
- Objective – To raise awareness of the importance of disarmament and to promote the elimination of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction.
- In 2018, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres unveiled a comprehensive vision for disarmament through the initiative “Securing our Common Future: An Agenda for Disarmament.”
24-31 October – Global Media and Information Literacy Week
- Global Media and Information Literacy Week is observed from October 24 to 31 every year.
- It is an annual event organized by UNESCO to raise awareness of the importance of media and information literacy (MIL) and to celebrate the progress made towards achieving MIL for all.
- This year’s Global Media and Information Literacy Week (11th edition) will be hosted by Nigeria.
- This day was launched in 2012 by UNESCO with the support of the UNESCO-U.N.A.O.C. Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue University Network, and the UNESCO Media and Information Literacy Alliance.
- It is a huge opportunity for stakeholders to reflect on and celebrate progress in achieving media and information literacy for all.’
24 October – World Polio Day
- World Polio Day is observed every year on October 24.
- Objective – To create awareness around the importance of polio vaccination to protect children.
- Theme 2023 – A healthier future for mothers and children.
- It is also an opportunity to highlight the importance of all mothers, fathers, caregivers, health workers and volunteers who play a key role in getting polio vaccines to children and their communities.
- On January 13, this year, India completes 12 polio-free years which is considered as a remarkable achievement; the last polio case in India was detected in 2011.
- In the year 1988, there were around 3.5 lakh polio cases worldwide and the World Health Assembly resolved to eradicate the poliovirus.
- In 2002, WHO European Region was declared polio-free and from that time on October 24 every year, the World Polio Day is celebrated annually.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|